|Forum Announcement: Scandisk to check internal Harddrive|
08-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Scandisk to check internal Harddrive
our Engineers made an package to scan the internal HDD if you encounter Problems, this is only an dirty solution for now, this Utility will get built into one of the next final firmware.
We dont give official support on that solution, but i think some people will find it usefull right now.
PLEASE UNPLUG YOUR USB HARDDRIVES AND MAKE AN REBOOT BEFOR YOU DO THE NEXT STEPS, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT ONLY THE USB STICK IS CONNECTED!
1) download and extract the content to the root of an USB thumdrive.
2) Browse to the scandisk.html and open it
3) Cick on "Disable NMT"
4) Click on "Scan NMT Partition" (should only take about 1 minute)
5) When you are finished, reboot.
6) Goto scandisk.html again, click on "Enable NMT"
7) Reboot again.
8) Then try out torrent etc that has an issue.
If it still fails, then try "typical setup" to reinstall NMT again.
If it still fails, then try 1) to 8) again, but this time
at 4) do "Scan Content Partition" instead. **NOTE this may take hours.
This should already able to recover some of the issues.