Networked Media Tank
On-Demand network share mounting - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: Community Jukebox, Themes, & UserApps Section (/forumdisplay.php?fid=106)
+--- Forum: 200/300/400 Series - Development and User Apps (/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: 100 Series - Development and User Apps (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Thread: On-Demand network share mounting (/showthread.php?tid=17494)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - journey4712 - 03-03-2009 05:22 AM

@halfelite
run the following from telnet
Code:
rm /tmp/mono_bookmarks

@hxall
There is a bug reporting process on the first post, it describes how to get the log, and how to get the log to contain usefull information. Currently this prog will work well for m2ts and mkv but not with iso, but in the next week should have iso support as well.

journey4712

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - halfelite - 03-03-2009 07:00 AM

(03-03-2009 05:22 AM)journey4712 Wrote:  @halfelite
run the following from telnet
Code:
rm /tmp/mono_bookmarks

journey4712

Thanks i will just set a cron to delete that ever 15 minuts or so.

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - hxall - 03-03-2009 09:27 PM

(03-03-2009 05:22 AM)journey4712 Wrote:  @hxall
There is a bug reporting process on the first post, it describes how to get the log, and how to get the log to contain usefull information. Currently this prog will work well for m2ts and mkv but not with iso, but in the next week should have iso support as well.

journey4712
@journey
Thanks for the reply, do I need to have any services enabled on my PCH before running http://192.168.1.100:8088/stream/file=/tmp/mono.log? When I use that URL in my browser I get "page load error: can't establish a connection to the server," I currently only have the SMB server enabled on the PCH.
okay, enabled FTP server and URL to mono.log was displayed as follows:

Code:
Starting Mono.Wrapper: /bin/mono -single file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Pro_Media/Videos/Action & Adventure/300.BLURAY.m2ts -dram 1
single
mountFilesystemByPath: file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Pro_Media/Videos/Action & Adventure/300.BLURAY.m2ts
mountFilesystemByName: Pro_Media
Couldn't find /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Pro_Media in /proc/mounts
performing mount: smb.cmd=mount&smb.opt=smb%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.10%2Fmedia&smb.user=&smb.passwd=&smb.name=Pro_Media
Couldn't find /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Pro_Media in /proc/mounts
Mount Failed.
executeMono
/bin/mono.real '-single' 'file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Pro_Media/Videos/Action & Adventure/300.BLURAY.m2ts' '-dram' '1'
Starting Mono
Mono Exited with return status of 255
Saving mono settings for incase of reboot

if I manually go to the share (above Pro_Media) using the PCH's menu, I can then return to YAMJ and this same movie plays fine, but then movies on my other share (NV_Media) won't play... the response is 1-2 seconds of black screen with "buffering" then "could not play"

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - PoPEye - 03-03-2009 10:12 PM

(03-03-2009 05:22 AM)journey4712 Wrote:  Currently this prog will work well for m2ts and mkv but not with iso, but in the next week should have iso support as well.

journey4712

Sounds great! And I can finally get iso files to play with menus via the "llink-nfs/smb" hack Big Grin

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - excal - 03-03-2009 11:31 PM

(03-02-2009 04:34 AM)journey4712 Wrote:  This does have specific drawbacks, like you cant have a jukebox on one network share play a video off another(well you can, you just can't get back to the juklebox because the jukebox share is no longer mounted).

I was thinking about this today, and i wondered conceptually if the program could be made to log the previous mount....and if different then the one just mounted to follow the video file, it would unmount the current one and re-mount the previous mount when done playing the file.

Now i guess the problem with that in theory could be if you jump from a jukebox on one share to another jukebox on another share. In that instance you wouldn't want it to return to the previous mount/share.

But in any instance where the link its following/analizing is a video, audio, or photo file you would.

And then it would allow you to return to the jukebox.

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - hxall - 03-04-2009 12:44 AM

Just reporting back... it is now working, I installed the latest beta firmware and then re-installed the auto mount, and I'm now able to view movies on both shares via YAMJ.

Interesting thing is that ISO's do work as follows: ISO's from the last share accessed via the jukebox will play through the jukebox, the ISO's on the other share won't play until you play another video (mkv or m2ts) from the same share as the ISO, in other words you don't have to leave the jukebox to mount the share where your ISOs are located, just play another video file from that location... obviously it would be nice not to have to do this at all.

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - journey4712 - 03-04-2009 03:41 AM

@excal
of course it could do that, doesnt even need to log it exactly because the wrapper is still running when mono exits, but it seems completely un-neccessary. You cant install the wrapper without an internal hard disk, so it would only make sense to store the jukebox on the disk itself. Remounting the previous share would involve another noticable pause at the end of the movie, just like the blank black screen we get with this script at the begining(the pause while the mounting takes place). Better would be to auto-detect where the jukebox was loading from and only acting if necessary, but i'm not sure how to find that information.

@hxall
glad its working. I was looking at your log and wasn't sure what exactly could be wrong Smile
if you think about it the way isos work with this in makes sense. When you play a video that uses the mono application(everything but iso's, just the way syabas did it) my script will simulate you clicking on the network share from the sources screen before playing the video. So when you see that blank pause think of it as if my program just pushed the sources button and clicked the appropriate network share before before playing your video, without ever displaying the output to screen.

journey4712

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - excal - 03-04-2009 03:42 AM

Hmm...i had forgotten that a hard drive was required so that does make sense.

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - starz91 - 03-07-2009 08:06 AM

Hi journey4712
When do you release a new version with the inclusion of. Iso? Smile this week end ?

thank you

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - PoPEye - 03-07-2009 12:05 PM

Im also very interested Big Grin

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - punisher007 - 03-07-2009 03:06 PM

Thanks a lot for your great work. This was exactly what I was looking for. Can't wait for the iso support as well Smile

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - hxall - 03-07-2009 05:48 PM

also waiting for iso support, thanks journey!

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - razza - 03-09-2009 01:33 AM

works perfectly for me thanks!

Only downside is that my jukebox lives on a network share. So when I play a movie that's on a share different to the jukebox I can't get back to the jukebox without remounting it again. I guess this wrapper would work perfectly if your jukebox lived on the internal pch drive?

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - punisher007 - 03-09-2009 07:20 PM

(03-09-2009 01:33 AM)razza Wrote:  works perfectly for me thanks!

Only downside is that my jukebox lives on a network share. So when I play a movie that's on a share different to the jukebox I can't get back to the jukebox without remounting it again. I guess this wrapper would work perfectly if your jukebox lived on the internal pch drive?

It works for me when jukebox is on internal PCH drive.

RE: On-Demand network share mounting - journey4712 - 03-10-2009 02:52 AM

@razza
yup, just copy that jukebox onto the internal HD and your golden.

@all
new version, this time with iso support. Not sure what it will do on video_ts directories, but .iso files should work just fine. The download is mono.wrapper-0.09

journey4712