Networked Media Tank
[Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: NMT Software & Settings (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: NMJ - Networked Media Jukebox (/forumdisplay.php?fid=108)
+---- Forum: NMJ Toolbox - Windows Editor for NMJ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+---- Thread: [Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) (/showthread.php?tid=46103)

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - jcfay - 01-11-2011 09:05 PM

Rom - I just want to take a sec to say a really sincere "Thank You!" as your software is the only thing that has made the initial NMJ release tolerable, and even slick and user-friendly. I encourage everyone to "donate" as you deserve a lot of credit for all of your work on this, and your attentions to everyone's questions and issues, myself included.

Thanks again Big Grin

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - Rom - 01-11-2011 09:12 PM

I originally only wanted to create an easy way to replace the images and look what it's turned into! Big Grin

Really, I do it because it is fun and there is no need to donate but if you do feel it is worth it then any donations are graciously received. When I have got (most) people's wants into the software then I will get around to doing full help and tutorials. With the donations I have received so far I have bought the nmjtoolbox domain names (.com & .net) and will have a site full of info for you all to rowse (and downloads will be available from there rather than my limited romburner domain).

On a side note, the next firmware (currently in beta) has not introduced sets (which when added will probably mean a major overhaul of NMJT) but Syabas appear to have GREATLY increased scanning speed. I have a NAS with 183 BDMV folders which took 11 hours to scan with the released firmware. It now scans in under 1 hour with the current beta on my initial test - 11x faster!. Detection seems to be greatly improved as well.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - philnort - 01-11-2011 09:12 PM

(01-11-2011 08:55 PM)Rom Wrote:  Yeah, I was thinking that full res images may be a bit OTT. Also in the latest NMJ beta, the images have a forced restriction of 1mb image size so I need to test that out.

I may have to give an image quality option in the browsing screen or auto resize/ downgrade the imag.

There are 4 options in for 'covers' in TheMovieDB:

Original (full resolution)
Mid (should be good for NMJ)
Cover
Thumb

For Fanart (wallpaper):

Original (1920x1080 - should probably resize as NMJ is 1280 x 720)
Poster (too low res for NMJ)
Thumb

I was wondering...the "image" I care the least about is the fanart/wallpaper..Is that element contributing the most to the ballooning of my NMJ db size? (I DO like the enhanced resolution of the thumbs and posters). If I backtracked and 'removed' the WALLPAPER, would that materially recapture my browsing speed and reduce the size of my NMJ db??

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - Rom - 01-11-2011 09:47 PM

Well, its a bit of both. The Wallpapers are 1920x1080 but the NMJ does not download wallpapers anyway.

However, the size of covers from TheMovieDB that NMJT downloads are even higher res than the wallpapers (over 2000 x 2000 res) which I think is particularly over the top seeing as NMJ resolution for the wall is around 185x124 Smile

So the covers should be the smaller size (mid is around 500x700) and the wallpaper can be resized by NMJT.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - philnort - 01-11-2011 10:23 PM

(01-11-2011 09:47 PM)Rom Wrote:  Well, its a bit of both. The Wallpapers are 1920x1080 but the NMJ does not download wallpapers anyway.

However, the size of covers from TheMovieDB that NMJT downloads are even higher res than the wallpapers (over 2000 x 2000 res) which I think is particularly over the top seeing as NMJ resolution for the wall is around 185x124 Smile

So the covers should be the smaller size (mid is around 500x700) and the wallpaper can be resized by NMJT.

So your suggestion would be to go back through my database...NOT TOUCH the fanart, I.e. Leave them alone and specify the thumb resolutio to be EXACTLY...?????(what again?)

-phil

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - Vinny1967 - 01-11-2011 10:49 PM

I asked this before but it never got answered.How do I stop nmj changing everything back,for example if I add new films I need to update nmj but if I do that ,it'll change all the fanart,posters etc so how can i stop this happening.

Cheers Vinny

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - Rom - 01-12-2011 12:30 AM

(01-11-2011 10:49 PM)Vinny1967 Wrote:  I asked this before but it never got answered.How do I stop nmj changing everything back,for example if I add new films I need to update nmj but if I do that ,it'll change all the fanart,posters etc so how can i stop this happening.

Cheers Vinny

The only way to stop the NMJ changing artwork back is to name the images exactly the same as the movie file. Its an issue with the NMJ. I need to test the image changing with the latest beta to see what happens.
(01-11-2011 10:23 PM)philnort Wrote:  So your suggestion would be to go back through my database...NOT TOUCH the fanart, I.e. Leave them alone and specify the thumb resolutio to be EXACTLY...?????(what again?)

-phil

Personally I would resize all wallpapers to 1280 x 720.

Covers I would resize below 600x600 but it is up to you.

I am making changes to the routines for theMovieDB downloads to download the mid size covers and resize wallpapers from 1920x1080 to 1280x720.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - congo181 - 01-12-2011 01:12 AM

Rom

Re the problems I was having with album with '%' in the title... Ive just added another one, and now NMJ crashes when its loading the cover art.
I have a suspicion that its due to the jpgs having '%' in their names but I could be wrong.

When the art first starts to load, both of the % albums are black on the screen as the others load - and then it just grinds to a halt.

Can you look again at this for me dya think? Cheers.

Of course - I cannot delete them yet..... Tongue

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - Rom - 01-12-2011 01:37 AM

(01-12-2011 01:12 AM)congo181 Wrote:  Re the problems I was having with album with '%' in the title... Ive just added another one, and now NMJ crashes when its loading the cover art.
I have a suspicion that its due to the jpgs having '%' in their names but I could be wrong.
I have just tried my FLC 100% Colombian by dropping a cover imagee called '100% Colombian.jpg' on the Poster control. It seems to have saved it correctly and I can move away & back to the album entry so I'm not sure what is wrong there.

Quote:When the art first starts to load, both of the % albums are black on the screen as the others load - and then it just grinds to a halt.

Can you look again at this for me dya think? Cheers.
I'm trying but can't seem to re-create Sad

Quote:Of course - I cannot delete them yet..... Tongue

yeah, yeah..... Wink

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - philnort - 01-12-2011 02:35 AM

(01-12-2011 12:30 AM)Rom Wrote:  The only way to stop the NMJ changing artwork back is to name the images exactly the same as the movie file. Its an issue with the NMJ. I need to test the image changing with the latest beta to see what happens.
(01-11-2011 10:23 PM)philnort Wrote:  So your suggestion would be to go back through my database...NOT TOUCH the fanart, I.e. Leave them alone and specify the thumb resolutio to be EXACTLY...?????(what again?)

-phil

Personally I would resize all wallpapers to 1280 x 720.

I am making changes to the routines for theMovieDB downloads to download the mid size covers and resize wallpapers from 1920x1080 to 1280x720.

Rom, this is undoubtedly a DUMB question, but how do I resize the wallpapers and covers at this point after I have already updated the NMJ db??? Where do I adjust these parameters??

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - Rom - 01-12-2011 02:48 AM

(01-12-2011 02:35 AM)philnort Wrote:  Personally I would resize all wallpapers to 1280 x 720.

Rom, this is undoubtedly a DUMB question, but how do I resize the wallpapers and covers at this point after I have already updated the NMJ db??? Where do I adjust these parameters??

Depending on where you save the artwork depends on how much work this would be. If saved to NMJ path then should be easy with a batch image resizer as all of your wallpapers will be in one folder(nmj_database/media/video/wallpaper). Easy Image Modifier is free and simple to use.

Alternatively you can wait until the mext NMJT release where I have added the code to automatically resize wallpaper and download the next res down covers. Smile

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - philnort - 01-12-2011 04:33 AM

(01-12-2011 02:48 AM)Rom Wrote:  Depending on where you save the artwork depends on how much work this would be. If saved to NMJ path then should be easy with a batch image resizer as all of your wallpapers will be in one folder(nmj_database/media/video/wallpaper). Easy Image Modifier is free and simple to use.

Alternatively you can wait until the mext NMJT release where I have added the code to automatically resize wallpaper and download the next res down covers. Smile
Ron, thanks for the suggestion. I used that utility and resized my fanart to 1280X720 and the thumbs to 640X480....dramatic reduction in size and increase in browsing speed! Phew!

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - Onraed - 01-12-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:I would have thought the easy way is to order the Episodes by path, look for the entries that are in the path you want and see what SHOW_ID is recorded agains them. You can just edit that video then.
If I want to change the video type from movie to TV-show I have to switch tabs and relocate the video.

Quote:If it is not completing your 'Actual NMT drive' automatically, this indicates to me that you have no mappings to the drive where your nmj_database folder is usually stored. If this is the case then you should be aware that if you 'save to media location' then it will process these images incorrectly and save them to the incorrect place.

I was trying the new version at work with out my pch.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - Rom - 01-12-2011 10:20 AM

(01-12-2011 08:44 AM)Onraed Wrote:  If I want to change the video type from movie to TV-show I have to switch tabs and relocate the video.

You can use the search box and search by SHOW_ID... or even order by SHOW_ID by clicking on the column header. Not sure what your difficulty is here.

You suggested another grid for the video paths. I don't see how this would help you 'search' for the ones that you want. NMJT fundamentally works by having all (and only) the fields in a specific table. I cannot change the fields that it displays as it would break so much update logic - it is just not going to happen. I really do not see any major issue with this.

Quote:I was trying the new version at work with out my pch.

OK, thats fine as long as you know the limitations and problems that can arise.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 11/01/11 v1.0.2.4) - Onraed - 01-12-2011 10:37 AM

(01-12-2011 10:20 AM)Rom Wrote:  You suggested another grid for the video paths. I don't see how this would help you 'search' for the ones that you want. NMJT fundamentally works by having all (and only) the fields in a specific table. I cannot change the fields that it displays as it would break so much update logic - it is just not going to happen. I really do not see any major issue with this.

With the extra data grid I can select the first movie, If I then see a video from my family video path I can go and edit the name and the type, cause some are now typed as Movie and others are typed as TV show.
I'm not under what Type I want to put them probably under TV show, and add them to the same group.
Don't get me wrong I really like the NMJT, but I'm just very lazy