Networked Media Tank
[Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: NMT Software & Settings (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: NMJ - Networked Media Jukebox (/forumdisplay.php?fid=108)
+---- Forum: NMJ Toolbox - Windows Editor for NMJ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+---- Thread: [Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) (/showthread.php?tid=46103)

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - videoed - 01-23-2011 04:21 AM

Hi Rom. Thanks for the great utility. With all the playing around with the database, rescannung etc, something must have gotten corrupted. I have added many movies with your tool and tried to add a bluray full rip. When I went to play it on PCH-C200, it showed up but when selected it said undefined and refused to play, update, delete. Used your tool to delete movie entry and then tried to redo, but now I get cannot contiue, media file XXX/YYY is already in the database. Is there a way to purge the database of any deleted entries to allow a movie to be added again?

Thanks.
Videoed

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - jluc2808 - 01-23-2011 10:41 AM

just a question for my understanding ,

when you update cast (edit mode, update moviedb, by title select FR-fr) you add the refrence 0 (CAST_ID) at the beginning and at the end of the cast listing , why ?

feature request: could you add a button "undo" to get back to the previous situation
i explain , sometime when i want to update movie, using MovieDB, tiltle, FR-fr the synopis is overwriten in english , you need to press OK to see what as been really updated on the main screen , and it's too late, as my first update of NMJ came from Yamj migration, a lot of the synopsis are in french and could be overwritten in english

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Pieter Bisschops - 01-23-2011 11:56 AM

Hi,
I'm sort of a newbie to this NMJ stuff. First I created a database with the PCH. Then I used the NJM toolbox to add some covers etc. Everything looks fine on the PCH. When I let the PCH rescan my movies (because I added another one) somehow the thumbnails always disappear. Then I have to manaully edit the database again.

Am I doing something wrong ?

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 01-23-2011 12:31 PM

(01-23-2011 04:21 AM)videoed Wrote:  Hi Rom. Thanks for the great utility. With all the playing around with the database, rescannung etc, something must have gotten corrupted. I have added many movies with your tool and tried to add a bluray full rip. When I went to play it on PCH-C200, it showed up but when selected it said undefined and refused to play, update, delete. Used your tool to delete movie entry and then tried to redo, but now I get cannot contiue, media file XXX/YYY is already in the database. Is there a way to purge the database of any deleted entries to allow a movie to be added again?

Thanks.
Videoed

Can you give more details of what exactly you added as the media file when adding a blu-ray. What type of 'blu-ray rip' is it?

For me to really see what the issue is I would need to look at your media.db and know the path of the file you are adding to see what the problem is.

Essentially it is saying you already have the file in the database. You can see where it is by going on the episode tab, ordering by path by clicking on the header and searching for the path you were trying to add.
(01-23-2011 10:41 AM)jluc2808 Wrote:  just a question for my understanding ,

when you update cast (edit mode, update moviedb, by title select FR-fr) you add the refrence 0 (CAST_ID) at the beginning and at the end of the cast listing , why ?
because that is how syabas have defined it. I assume it is a marker for the NMJ to see the start and end of the cast. Who knows? I see no need for it but it is what the NMJ does so I emulate it.

Quote:feature request: could you add a button "undo" to get back to the previous situation
i explain , sometime when i want to update movie, using MovieDB, tiltle, FR-fr the synopis is overwriten in english , you need to press OK to see what as been really updated on the main screen , and it's too late, as my first update of NMJ came from Yamj migration, a lot of the synopsis are in french and could be overwritten in english

It would take a lot of recoding to implement this and as a lot of this code will be scrapped when the NMJ v2 is released I will be waiting for this to be released before considering major changes. Having said that, the MovieDB scrape will only return an english synopsis if one is not available in your chosen language. I have tested a full update in German and all my synopsis entries were returned in German (just for a test as I am English speaking only!).
(01-23-2011 11:56 AM)Pieter Bisschops Wrote:  Hi,
I'm sort of a newbie to this NMJ stuff. First I created a database with the PCH. Then I used the NJM toolbox to add some covers etc. Everything looks fine on the PCH. When I let the PCH rescan my movies (because I added another one) somehow the thumbnails always disappear. Then I have to manaully edit the database again.

Am I doing something wrong ?

No you are not doing anything wrong, it is a bug in the NMJ. It should be fixed on future releases (I need to test this on the current beta firmware).

To stop this happening either:
Make sure the file you are dropping is named exactly the same as the media file.
or
Disable the auto update facility of the NMJ in the setup menu on the popcornhour.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - jluc2808 - 01-23-2011 06:47 PM

Rom , thanks for the reply , i thought that there was a sysbas implementation it, as you said i don't know why because , all my movie which are converted from Yamj havn't that marker, and it seems that lake of 0 doesn't disturb NMJ at all. doesn't matter if the ways give a good result .....

I understand a agree to wait for the next NMJ update while some database reorganisation are in the air.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - geisivi - 01-23-2011 10:22 PM

Hi rom, tanks for your great work. For me is very useful.
I found a bug: When we want to reorder by SHOW ID the ID number 2 goes after 19, the 3 after 29, ..., de 8 after 79.
I hope you can correct it in the next update.

Thank you very much

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 01-23-2011 10:39 PM

(01-23-2011 10:22 PM)geisivi Wrote:  Hi rom, tanks for your great work. For me is very useful.
I found a bug: When we want to reorder by SHOW ID the ID number 2 goes after 19, the 3 after 29, ..., de 8 after 79.
I hope you can correct it in the next update.

Thank you very much

unfortunately it is windows that is doing the sorting and it is doing it that way due to me having to force the columns to a string rather than numeric. I had to do this as it causes problems in other ways if I set it back to numeric.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - videoed - 01-23-2011 11:19 PM

(01-23-2011 04:21 AM)videoed Wrote:  Hi Rom. Thanks for the great utility. With all the playing around with the database, rescannung etc, something must have gotten corrupted. I have added many movies with your tool and tried to add a bluray full rip. When I went to play it on PCH-C200, it showed up but when selected it said undefined and refused to play, update, delete. Used your tool to delete movie entry and then tried to redo, but now I get cannot contiue, media file XXX/YYY is already in the database. Is there a way to purge the database of any deleted entries to allow a movie to be added again?

Thanks.
Videoed
Thanks Rom. I was able to fix the issue with the one bluray. It was not the bluray that caused the problem. It was added to the episode database as well but when I deleted it in the movie database it did not delete the episode one. Browsing through the episode database, I found several other ones that did not match the movie database. I found one that I know I edited and now there are two entries, one in movies and one in episodes, with different names pointing to the same movie, and also with different plots. When editing movies do you always have to check the episode database to see if an entry is created there as well? Also I saw that the id numbers do not match for all the movies in both databases. Most seem to match but not all. I can send you a copy of my database, but how would I get it to you.
Thanks again
Videoed.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 01-23-2011 11:38 PM

(01-23-2011 11:19 PM)videoed Wrote:  Thanks Rom. I was able to fix the issue with the one bluray. It was not the bluray that caused the problem. It was added to the episode database as well but when I deleted it in the movie database it did not delete the episode one. Browsing through the episode database, I found several other ones that did not match the movie database. I found one that I know I edited and now there are two entries, one in movies and one in episodes, with different names pointing to the same movie, and also with different plots. When editing movies do you always have to check the episode database to see if an entry is created there as well? Also I saw that the id numbers do not match for all the movies in both databases. Most seem to match but not all. I can send you a copy of my database, but how would I get it to you.
Thanks again
Videoed.

For every 'Video' entry there should be at least one Episode entry. The SHOW_ID on the episode should always match the SHOW_ID on the video tab (the Episode 'VIDEO_ID will not necessarily match the SHOW_ID on the Video tab).
The Delete function should delete all corresponding Episodes with the same SHOW_ID as the Video that you are deleting (along with the relevant VIDEO_ATTR, VIDEO_GENRE & VIDEO_SYNOPSIS records). If it is not doing this then tell me what you are doing so that I can try to re-create it. I have deleted many from my own databases and it seems to work correctly.

To send me your media.db file use one of the file upload sites like rapidshare or megaupload and just PM me the link so that I can retrieve it.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - stp - 01-25-2011 10:15 AM

Used you editor for the first time today - congrats on this development!!!
I'm a convinced UMC-user, to be honest, but since the NMJ-firmwares have big issues with playback from within UMC, I had to look for an alternative. Testing NMJ did not really convince me, yet, but your editor made the downsides of NMJ manageable :-)

May I add some comments?
I have read through the thread, and it has been asked, where one could view paths and/or filenames. I know, that I need to skip to the "Episodes"-tab, but that was a hassle with about 250 movies not properly recognized and with the need for an edit.
Problem is, that going to the tab "Episodes", you first of all are taken back to entry #1 and have to search for the wrong movie-title, again. Then, you can look up your filename and edit the title accordingly. But no way imdb-ing any movie info, there. So you need to go back to the main page (back to movie #1), search for the wrong title again, edit THAT one, and then load imdb-info and coverart.

Do you think, there is a way to
a.) prevent this "skipping back" to #1 when changing tabs?
b.) incorporate path or filename somehow in the main window (or at least display it in the statusbar or somewhere else)?

Other than that, I was very impressed with this editor - it's easy to use and very comfortable!

Not sure, how grouping will work (some movies, where I had separate discs for the movie & extras, where recognized as one movie with two episodes, that I renamend accordingly).
But I think, grouping is something, NMJ itself needs to learn/povide - this would be very handy to group all those "sequal movies" and my private stage recordings.

Looking forward to the progress, this software will make!

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 01-25-2011 10:29 AM

a) Is caused by windows defaulting to the first line in a data grid when it is initially loaded. However, I could implement a way to skip between and select the related entries. One caveat is that if there are multiple episodes then it would only be able to go to the first linked episode if there are multiple entries.

b) As I have said many times before, it is not practical to show the path(s) relating to a video due to there being any number of paths linked to a video. For example, my show Star Trek TNG season 1 has 23 episodes linked to it - where do I show 23 paths in the Video screen? Smile

You can already see the paths if you are on the Video tab by clicking on the 'Modify Episodes' button. A window will open showing all the linked episode paths.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - stp - 01-25-2011 10:41 AM

Thanks for your fast answer!
(01-25-2011 10:29 AM)Rom Wrote:  a) .... I could implement a way to skip between and select the related entries....only be able to go to the first linked episode if there are multiple entries.

That would be great! Then skipping would be a bit more handy - thanks!!!

(01-25-2011 10:29 AM)Rom Wrote:  b) As I have said many times before,.......

....oooops, I read the thread, but abviously not well enough Blush

(01-25-2011 10:29 AM)Rom Wrote:  You can already see the paths if you are on the Video tab by clicking on the 'Modify Episodes' button. A window will open showing all the linked episode paths.

Thanks for that hint - that's exactly, how I am going to use it!!!

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 01-25-2011 11:42 AM

If you want to advertise a completely different program can you please start a new thread. This thread is for NMJToolbox releated discussion.

Thanks.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - POPA110 - 01-25-2011 11:47 AM

It's good I created a new thread above Wink

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - jcfay - 01-25-2011 02:19 PM

Hi Rom - thanks again for your work on this. I received a "no valid cast info" error message for the film Watchmen (tt0409459) when I added it; not sure why as IMDB certainly shows cast, director, etc. The synopsis shows up fine in NMJ, but no director or cast info (as expected post-warning). Any insight on this? Otherwise NMJT has been working great for me.