Networked Media Tank
[Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: NMT Software & Settings (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: NMJ - Networked Media Jukebox (/forumdisplay.php?fid=108)
+---- Forum: NMJ Toolbox - Windows Editor for NMJ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+---- Thread: [Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) (/showthread.php?tid=46103)

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - BanditDD - 01-27-2011 12:54 PM

Hi,

at first - thanks for the great nmj-editor!

Unfortunately I have a problem with the database ("media.db") after I edit the database with the editor. The movie files are not playable from the nmj surface! The cower view shows the correct pictures of all movies, the wallpaper in the detail view is visible - all looks ok. But if I press "Play", the screen is for a short time black and I see the movie detail view again. Does anywhere have an idea, what's the problem is?

Thanks,
BanditDD

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 01-27-2011 04:34 PM

(01-27-2011 12:54 PM)BanditDD Wrote:  Hi,

at first - thanks for the great nmj-editor!

Unfortunately I have a problem with the database ("media.db") after I edit the database with the editor. The movie files are not playable from the nmj surface! The cower view shows the correct pictures of all movies, the wallpaper in the detail view is visible - all looks ok. But if I press "Play", the screen is for a short time black and I see the movie detail view again. Does anywhere have an idea, what's the problem is?

Thanks,
BanditDD

What popcorn hour do you have?
What is the path (on the episode tab) of an example movie that does not play?
What type of media is it (BD folders, DVD folders, MKV, AVI etc)?
Is the media file on the same drive as your media.db?

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - jcfay - 01-27-2011 04:54 PM

BanditDd - this may, or may not, be related to a similar issue i've been having. The post is here: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=49133&pid=461794#pid461794. Basically, i get the same behavior as you but only with some mkv files, primarily larger ones (although i also had this happen with an mp4 yesterday). May be a pch problem, but your description sounds identical towhat i've seen in a few instances so i wanted to post it.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - -Coco- - 01-27-2011 07:54 PM

(01-27-2011 08:15 AM)stp Wrote:  OK, and here some additional infos and thoughts.
Here are german articles for you to implement, if you want to:
Der, Die, Das, Ein, Eine

Rom, if you're going to implement this, please make it optional. For example, if a movie was called "Ein perfekter Sommer" ("A Perfect Summer"), I would never try to find it unter P as when the name is changed into "perfekter Sommer, Ein" ("Perfect Summer, A"). Tongue

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 01-27-2011 10:05 PM

(01-27-2011 07:54 PM)-Coco- Wrote:  Rom, if you're going to implement this, please make it optional. For example, if a movie was called "Ein perfekter Sommer" ("A Perfect Summer"), I would never try to find it unter P as when the name is changed into "perfekter Sommer, Ein" ("Perfect Summer, A"). Tongue

I would disagree and say it should actually be indexed under 'P' .... It is what the NMJ already does anyway. Tongue

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - -Coco- - 01-28-2011 03:40 PM

Oh well, I'll be searching for my movies then... Tongue

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - jcfay - 01-28-2011 04:20 PM

I think it should be optional for all. For english, it automatically removes "the" from the search field, but i actually add it back. I remember films as "the bank job" or "the maltese falcon," for instance and so i prefer to retain the "the." Yes, i have a bunch of movies as a result organized as starting with T, but that's how i like it. No harm in making it optional (unless it complicates things too much for the interface) IMO.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 01-28-2011 08:01 PM

Once completed by TMDB you can change the search title field before clicking OK so no real biggie.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - FLaSH - 01-29-2011 01:57 PM

@Rom
Could it be that there is a bug in the naming of the thumbnails for the music area?
I tried to update one and it ended up with the following result.
I used drag&drop and the file is a folder.jpg.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8453/musicbuginthumbnails.jpg

Edit:
Maybe I should uncheck the option "Use Dropped Image Name" to solve it...
...it seems to be my own fault.

But how can I change the name for the thumbnail in your program?

---------------------

Ok, problem solved!
I renamed my first two folder.jpg to thumbnail_1.jpg and thumbnail_2.jpg, checked "Use Dropped Image Name", changed the files via drag&drop and renamed the original files to folder.jpg again. Big Grin
Sorry, it was definitely my own fault ^^

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - BanditDD - 01-31-2011 12:23 PM

(01-27-2011 04:34 PM)Rom Wrote:  What popcorn hour do you have?
What is the path (on the episode tab) of an example movie that does not play?
What type of media is it (BD folders, DVD folders, MKV, AVI etc)?
Is the media file on the same drive as your media.db?

Hello,

I have a A-200, the path in the episode tab from a movie that will not play is for example

"Hangover/Hangover.mkv"

(with a slash, not a backslash; is this ok?).

The media.db is in the nmj-database folder in the root directory, above the "Hangover"-folder. Here an example of the drive content:

[...]
Hangover <DIR> ---> Hangover.mkv
Harry Potter <DIR>
nmj-database <DIR> ---> media.db
Coyote ugly.mkv
Van Helsing.mkv
[...]

Thanks,
BanditDD

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - mmcands - 02-01-2011 12:09 AM

I'm a newbie to the C-200 and NMJ, so apologies if this has already been covered somewhere.

Creating playlists seems a bit tedious using the standard C-200 interface. It would be great if you could edit these via the NMJ toolbox.

Or if anyone knows of another tool for doing this....

Ideally I would like to be able to convert and upload my Windows Mediaplayer playlists.

Thanks, Mark

Updated: I figured this out myself - used media player to save my .wpl playlists to .m3u and saved them on the C-200 Music folder and NMJ scanned them fine. Just need a shuffle function with NMJ now....

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - canaan - 02-01-2011 01:17 AM

I'm very thankful for this tool, however whenever I change the artwork for a movie and then NMJ updates its database, the movie poster always reverts back to the original artwork.

does anyone know why?

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - jcfay - 02-01-2011 01:39 AM

(02-01-2011 01:17 AM)canaan Wrote:  I'm very thankful for this tool, however whenever I change the artwork for a movie and then NMJ updates its database, the movie poster always reverts back to the original artwork.

does anyone know why?

Yes, because NMJ defaults on its own to finding its own artwork (in brief). So turn off the automatic NMJ feature in the setup, and don't update the database. Just use NMJ Toolbox and do the updating yourself. Otherwise, NMJ will continue to undo your work.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - congo181 - 02-01-2011 10:16 AM

I was wondering, if after a folder with some movies was scanned and the artwork added, if a .no_all_nmj file was put into the folder would an NMJ refresh delete the folder contents from the database, or just ignore it and leave the artwork and media alone?

I have before proposed the idea of the addition of a new .no_scan_nmj type file added to the scanner ignore files to achieve this if currently the folders would be deleted...
Perhaps I'l put this into the modification section, although I'm sure someone else was against the idea...

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - sacrom - 02-01-2011 10:38 AM

(02-01-2011 10:16 AM)congo181 Wrote:  I was wondering, if after a folder with some movies was scanned and the artwork added, if a .no_all_nmj file was put into the folder would an NMJ refresh delete the folder contents from the database, or just ignore it and leave the artwork and media alone?

I have before proposed the idea of the addition of a new .no_scan_nmj type file added to the scanner ignore files to achieve this if currently the folders would be deleted...
Perhaps I'l put this into the modification section, although I'm sure someone else was against the idea...
No it does not delete the contents, see:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=46103&pid=461370#pid461370

Regards
Marcos