Networked Media Tank
[Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: NMT Software & Settings (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: NMJ - Networked Media Jukebox (/forumdisplay.php?fid=108)
+---- Forum: NMJ Toolbox - Windows Editor for NMJ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+---- Thread: [Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) (/showthread.php?tid=46103)

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - geisivi - 02-05-2011 04:34 PM

(02-05-2011 01:53 PM)Rom Wrote:  Did you put the subtitles back before rebuilding with the NMJ?

If you removed the subtitles and it played OK with the NMJT added DB then it cannot possibly be NMJT as nothing in the database has changed, only the media file...

The reason I ask is that I have some not working with subtitles and some working with subtitles (though not High@4.1). The only difference I can see is the ones not working seem to have UTF-8 titles and the ones that do work have VOBSUB.

I will find more cases of others and see if I can narrow it down but there is absolutely no difference in the way NMJToolbox adds these films so I cannot see it being a problem with NMJT but I will keep looking.

Did you put the subtitles back before rebuilding with the NMJ?

Yes, of course
In database I have 80 movies (4.0, 4.1, 5.1, subtitles) and all play ok in the NMJdatabase created directly.

I tried with another database in other external Hard Disk, created with NMJToolbox (old release, I don't remember wich one), and all movies play ok (4.1, 5.1 with subtitles UTF8).
Then, I think would be a problem in the last or lasts releases.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - NoahFecks - 02-05-2011 10:10 PM

In previous versions of this app I was able to manually add TV episodes to an existing season without a problem. Now with the newest version of NMJT (2.9), when I add an episode it isn't recognized by NMJ, nor does the "total item" number change in NMJT even though the episodes are listed in the "manage episodes" box and in the episodes tab.

I don't have any older versions of NMJT to try and see when it worked correctly last and the only previous version posted is 1.0.2.8 (it says 1.0.2.7 on the site and the zip reads the same but the version inside the zip is 2.8. Either way, I have the same problem with it). Any suggestions or ideas? I'm not sure if the "update episodes" checkbox in the season edit dialogue box has anything to do with it, but it's unchecked in these seasons and if I check it and click OK, it won't stay checked, it's unchecked again when I click edit again.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - geisivi - 02-06-2011 12:47 PM

After new tests, all files play ok if View Mode is set to LIST.
For WALL View's Mode movies 4.1 and 5.1 WITH with subtitles don't play.

For database created directly, all are playing.
After adding poster, thumbnail, wallpaper, synopsis and genre with NMJTools, only plays ok with view mode LIST.

All very strange.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 02-06-2011 01:45 PM

Thanks for your attention to detailed testing! I have also been going through the database with a fine tooth comb trying to see if I can see any differences (I have found a couple of little bugs but nothing causing this). The only differences I can see between creating the entry with NMJT and building it with NMJ are:

FPS is wrong on the episode (23 instead of 23.976) when built by NMJT
SHOW genre is there but VIDEO genre is missing when built by NMJT
TITLE_TYPE is not added in VIDEO_ATTR when adding via NMJT

All 3 of these I corrected manually in my database and the file still would not play.

I can confirm that Category & Wall mode the file(s) don't play, list view they do!

This now makes no sense whatsoever as my testing 'proves' there is no difference when building via NMJ or NMJT BUT it also does not seem to be an issue with the NMJ as the file plays in all modes when built by NMJ.

I am completely stumped on this one! Anyone else have theories? confused

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - geisivi - 02-06-2011 06:11 PM

I tried with 1.0.2.5 release and the problem is the same.
Could you put old releases ? In the firsts releases (December) I think that this problem doesn't exists.

Thank you very much.
The problem is not to build via NMJTool, because if database is built with NMJ and then you put the poster, thumbnail, wallpaper, sinopsys and genre with NMJTools, the problem appears.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - jluc2808 - 02-06-2011 08:44 PM

tried some test:
1 - with the NMJ database in use - edit the database with SQLite Manager and look at the VIDEO_ATTR table to select the field TYPE=SUBTITLE
i have 20 movies with subtitles (shown with NMJ display)
try to play one of them from the wall display with the play button ==> failed (format HIGH@L4.1) after control that the subtitle is mentionned inside NMJ display (the wall display)
2 - suppress the record for one movie within the VIDEO_ATTR table - field TYPE=SUBTITLE
control that NMJ does no longer display the movie with subtitle now
try to play this movie from the wall display with the play button ==> failed too
3 - play the same movie with line display ==> OK
4 - remove the subtitle inside the mkv file
play with wall display ==> OK

within this sequence i never use NMJTools

i have to test 2 other thing

- remove INTERNAL paramater (or change to EXTERNAL)
- add the same movie with NMJED rather than NMJTools

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - videoed - 02-08-2011 03:59 AM

Hi ROM. I searched the whole Toollbox forum to see if there is an answer to my problem. I did see several other post which seemed to have similar issues. I have finally gotten a clean database, but when I started to add bonus disks as episodes to existing movies, I find that I cannot get the database to accept the new episode. (tried several different movies with same result.) I set the scanner to not add the bonus disks on the initial scan. Everything I can see is right. There are multiple entries in the episode list, the right movies / paths etc. Episode numbers are there. When I reload the NMJ, the movie shows as having episodes, but when you go to the episode list, only the first movie (the one that was there already) shows up. I did notice that when I added the new episode, the entry for total item only shows 1. Other multi-episode movies that were built with the NMJ scanner shows the actual number of items. Also when I created a new entry and added the 2 movies at the same time it worked.
Thanks
Videoed

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 02-08-2011 11:45 PM

(02-08-2011 03:59 AM)videoed Wrote:  Hi ROM. I searched the whole Toollbox forum to see if there is an answer to my problem. I did see several other post which seemed to have similar issues. I have finally gotten a clean database, but when I started to add bonus disks as episodes to existing movies, I find that I cannot get the database to accept the new episode. (tried several different movies with same result.) I set the scanner to not add the bonus disks on the initial scan. Everything I can see is right. There are multiple entries in the episode list, the right movies / paths etc. Episode numbers are there. When I reload the NMJ, the movie shows as having episodes, but when you go to the episode list, only the first movie (the one that was there already) shows up. I did notice that when I added the new episode, the entry for total item only shows 1. Other multi-episode movies that were built with the NMJ scanner shows the actual number of items. Also when I created a new entry and added the 2 movies at the same time it worked.
Thanks
Videoed

It is a bug where adding to an existing show the #episodes was not updated (a way around it is to move the new video to the top of the list before you click OK to update). I have just fixed it for the next release. Not sure about not showing up in NMJ, I will have to test that.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - surfymark - 02-09-2011 11:50 AM

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the NMJ after editing using the NMJToolbox.

Basically I used the NMJToolbox to edit the NMJ database that was created using the Popcorn. I added about 20 movies that it had missed bringing the total up to 338.

I then set about changing the Poster, Thumbnail and Wallpaper for each movie. I changed pretty much all of them one by one until I got to about number 150. I figured I ought to check that it was all working ok.

So I then turned on the Popcorn (C-200) and fired up the movie wall. It brought up the first screen of posters fine but the circle icon kept turning. It then slowed right down and froze. I rebooted the box and tried again with the same result. This time I left it overnight just in case and it was still frozen in the morning.

I checked the size of the files and I have about 493 Poster files all JPGs ranging in size from 6.17kb to 171.28kb. I would say only 20 or so are even over 100kb. The Thumbnail folder contains 181 files again all JPGs that range in size from 20.34kb to 171.28kb.
The Wallpaper folder contains 179 files again all JPGs that range in size from 42.76kb to 312.86kb.

These are really not very large files and there isn't even that many of them! Why can't the movie wall cope?

Does anyone have these sorts of figures with the movie wall coping fine? Is there a log I can look at somewhere to see where it is falling over?

The movies and the NMJ database are all on a Synology 1511+ if that makes a difference.

Many thanks
Mark

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - congo181 - 02-09-2011 07:17 PM

Rom - I'm having some problems adding some TV series into the DB using just NMJT.
I sucessfully added the first 2 episodes of Spooks into a new video entry, and they appear fine as episodes in the NMJ.

When I tried to add the other 4 episodes, they dont appear.

I added them by using 'Modify Episodes' in the video entry. It shows the episodes in the list OK, with correct episode numbers.
Under TOTAL_EPISODES however, it says 2, and the 4 episodes that dont show have an UPDATE_STATE of 0 instead of 2 which the first have.

What am I doing wrong dya think?

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 02-09-2011 08:07 PM

(02-09-2011 07:17 PM)congo181 Wrote:  Rom - I'm having some problems adding some TV series into the DB using just NMJT.
I sucessfully added the first 2 episodes of Spooks into a new video entry, and they appear fine as episodes in the NMJ.

When I tried to add the other 4 episodes, they dont appear.

I added them by using 'Modify Episodes' in the video entry. It shows the episodes in the list OK, with correct episode numbers.
Under TOTAL_EPISODES however, it says 2, and the 4 episodes that dont show have an UPDATE_STATE of 0 instead of 2 which the first have.

What am I doing wrong dya think?

Nothing, its a bug. See post #623 for a workaround. It is already fixed for the next release.

@SurfyMark: I also have noticed a considerable slowdown of the NMJ. I will have to do some testing but I suspect it is to do with cacheing and/or images (icluding wallpapers) and/or cast members.

Cast members can get extremely large. When the NMJ builds it only select 5 or 6 cast members max. NMJToolbox selects all available. If I find it is to do with cast I could put in a restriction on the number of cast added. Will know more after testing.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - surfymark - 02-09-2011 09:37 PM

Thanks for this Rom. I don't think I need more than 5 or 6 so perhaps you could limit anyway (or make it an optional thing) in the next version of NMJToolbox.

cheers
Mark
Further to this I have just had a look at the database.

In the VIDEO table, there is a column named CAST_ID containing the cast in a format like 0,1,2,3,4,5 etc which I guess references the VIDEO_PERSON table. Every movie seems to have a 0 as the first CAST_ID entry even though this person does not exist as such.

Are you able to suggest an SQL statement that I can execute that will cut this entry down to only 6 or so (using the comma delimiter I guess) for each row in the VIDEO table. My SQL is not so good really!

That would mean I could test your theory.

Many thanks
Mark

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - Rom - 02-09-2011 11:17 PM

(02-09-2011 09:37 PM)surfymark Wrote:  Thanks for this Rom. I don't think I need more than 5 or 6 so perhaps you could limit anyway (or make it an optional thing) in the next version of NMJToolbox.

cheers
Mark
Further to this I have just had a look at the database.

In the VIDEO table, there is a column named CAST_ID containing the cast in a format like 0,1,2,3,4,5 etc which I guess references the VIDEO_PERSON table. Every movie seems to have a 0 as the first CAST_ID entry even though this person does not exist as such.

Are you able to suggest an SQL statement that I can execute that will cut this entry down to only 6 or so (using the comma delimiter I guess) for each row in the VIDEO table. My SQL is not so good really!

That would mean I could test your theory.

Many thanks
Mark

It does Mark but it is not quite as simple as that. If you look in the VIDEO_ATTR there is also a type od PRINCIPAL_CAST with a record for every one of those cast members too so you also have to remove those records too! (There are actually 2 records for each cast member, one referencing the VIDEO_ID and one referencing the SHOW_ID)

Quite why Syabas has duplicated data this way is beyond me as it makes the DB more bloated and would add to processing in some cases.

The problem I have with NMJToolbox is that I have to develop it in a 'black box' fashion without knowing exactly how NMJ processes things. I use the NMJ to build, see what it adds/changes and analyse the relationships to emulate what the NMJ does - its not the best way but without the NMJ code or knowledge of the NMJ processing routines it is the only way I can code it. A classic example is the thing you noticed (the zeroes at each end of the cast list). I can only assume NMJ use this as a start and end marker - quite why I do not know but I do this anyway. I believe there are other editors that do not put the zeroes on and the NMJ still works so quite why they are there I do not know Smile

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - surfymark - 02-09-2011 11:22 PM

Hmm ok. I am not sure quite what to do now really. I have spent such a long time building my database that I don't really want to scrap it all and start again.

If I could guarantee that at the end of it I would be able to add a Poster, Thumbnail and Wallpaper to every movie and it would work then I would do this. But I can't.

How do you have it on your system? How many movies do you have and do you have the NMJ working ok for you? Have you added Posters, Thumbnails and Wallpapers for all of them?

cheers
Mark

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 23/01/11 v1.0.2.9) - congo181 - 02-09-2011 11:27 PM

(02-09-2011 08:07 PM)Rom Wrote:  Nothing, its a bug. See post #623 for a workaround. It is already fixed for the next release.

Cheers.