Networked Media Tank
[Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: NMT Software & Settings (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: NMJ - Networked Media Jukebox (/forumdisplay.php?fid=108)
+---- Forum: NMJ Toolbox - Windows Editor for NMJ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+---- Thread: [Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) (/showthread.php?tid=46103)

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - congo181 - 05-11-2011 09:28 AM

Ataliano.

You will lose most changes that you have made with NMJT if you do a scan with NMJ.

If you are worried, what you can do is make a copy of your existing NMJ database as a backup and rename it something like nmj_database.backup. Put a .no_all.nmj in this saved folder so that it doesnt get scanned, and then do an update. You will be able to see what gets changed, and if you dont like it, simply delete the bad database and rename the saved copy to go back to what you had.

I am in a similar situation to you, and having just done a scan with the new firmware I am thinking that adding manually is the only way to go now.

All this is bound to change when NMJ V2 is released, which we hope will be later this year.

Hope that helps,
Jim

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - jcfay - 05-11-2011 11:34 AM

(05-09-2011 07:25 PM)Ataliano Wrote:  Got a simple question...

When you start NMJ it scans your device for looking at new media, but I don't know if it rewrittes the info edited with NMJToolbox, as for example,

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does. That's why I (and many other folks who use NMJ Toolbox, I think) select the setting to not automatically rescan (it's in your settings menu). That way, NMJ won't even start a scan. This is easier than excluding folders from the scan, but I guess if you want it to scan some stuff than you would need to exclude those folders that you don't want it to rewrite material on. I've had it turned off for months.

I'm not sure how the firmware updates and the new version(s) of NMJ play into this, or if they do. Hope this helps Smile

EDIT: I didn't see Congo's post earlier. NMJ Toolbox also automatically creates a backup of your last database, but I also every week or so copy the database somewhere else. That way, if everything goes bad (which happened to me a long time ago), as he said you'll have a backup to work with. But as I said before, I would change the scan to "manual" rather than "automatic".

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - floydo - 05-13-2011 01:22 AM

(05-11-2011 11:34 AM)jcfay Wrote:  

When you start NMJ it scans your device for looking at new media, but I don't know if it rewrittes the info edited with NMJToolbox, as for example,

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does. That's why I (and many other folks who use NMJ Toolbox, I think) select the setting to not automatically rescan (it's in your settings menu). . I've had it turned off for months.

I'm not sure how the firmware updates and the new version(s) of NMJ play into this, or if they do. Hope this helps Smile
But as I said before, I would change the scan to "manual" rather than "automatic".

This is a great tool, but the comment about rewriting over the toolbox changes is an issue for me. I do not understand how to see the wall art without having NMJ rescan...? Am I missing something? If you push a colored button a scan starts and the art shows. Is there a way to make the art show without a scan?

I tried a search, but how do you change NMJ scan to manual or automatic?

thx

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - jcfay - 05-13-2011 01:51 AM

(05-13-2011 01:22 AM)floydo Wrote:  
(05-11-2011 11:34 AM)jcfay Wrote:  

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does. That's why I (and many other folks who use NMJ Toolbox, I think) select the setting to not automatically rescan (it's in your settings menu). . I've had it turned off for months.

But as I said before, I would change the scan to "manual" rather than "automatic".

This is a great tool, but the comment about rewriting over the toolbox changes is an issue for me. I do not understand how to see the wall art without having NMJ rescan...? Am I missing something? If you push a colored button a scan starts and the art shows. Is there a way to make the art show without a scan?

I tried a search, but how do you change NMJ scan to manual or automatic?

thx

Under the "preferences" menu, change the "NMJ database update" from "auto" to "manual.". As far as art is concerned, I'm not sure that I really understand your question. When adding new films using NMJ toolbox, if you input the appropriate tt# from imdb.com, then NMJ toolbox will not only add the cast info, but it will also allow you select images (I forget which button it is, but I think it's "media images" or something). That way you have everything u need added by nmjtoolbox, and u don't need to rely on nmj's built-in software to scan or "scrape" info from your files. Many people use NMJT instead of NMJ's (ver. 1) built-in software since the NMJ software is so inaccurate in labeling files.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - karmat63 - 05-13-2011 09:51 PM

I'm sure the answer is somewhere inside the thread, but it's too long to read everything...
Is there a way to add a full Blu ray rip in its original structure (BDMV/CERTIFICATE) to the database?
Thanks...

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - Rom - 05-15-2011 11:16 AM

Yes, add as you would any other media file but browse to either the:

BDMV/STREAM/ 'm2ts' file

or

BDMV/PLAYLIST/ 'mpls' file

The media will be scanned as normal and NMJToolbox will recognise it is a BD rip and add it correctly. You may get strange stats (runtimes etc) if the BD rip is a seamless branched title due to it being split into multiple m2ts files. If you use the mpls file the time should be correct (if you select the correct file) but mediainfo will take a lot longer to scan.

RE: NMJToolbox - disk image is malformed - kaernesto - 05-16-2011 06:19 AM

Hi, the NMJT worked well until now. But when I now try to update some film-descriptions, I always get the message "the database disk image is malformed the disk image is malformed". Updating covers still works fine, they are updated immideatly.

When closing the Toolbox (ver. 1.0.3.2) I get the message "Insertion failed because the database is full database or disk is full". This happens, when trying to write on the original database on my NAS as well when writing on a local copy. My disk still isn't full. What can I do? I can't find any postings referring to this problem.

Greetings kaernesto

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - karmat63 - 05-16-2011 10:42 AM

(05-15-2011 11:16 AM)Rom Wrote:  Yes, add as you would any other media file but browse to either the:

BDMV/STREAM/ 'm2ts' file

or

BDMV/PLAYLIST/ 'mpls' file

The media will be scanned as normal and NMJToolbox will recognise it is a BD rip and add it correctly. You may get strange stats (runtimes etc) if the BD rip is a seamless branched title due to it being split into multiple m2ts files. If you use the mpls file the time should be correct (if you select the correct file) but mediainfo will take a lot longer to scan.

Many thanks for your anwer... In the meanwhile I found the way by myself... But...:
Usually, I archive (on USB attacked HDDs) my Full Bluray rip as .ISO as they work nicely wit the C200. Tron and Tron: legacy were the exception as they both freeze before opening main menu... So I converted them to Blu-ray structure and added both to the db with your application. Both still freeze before opening menu, but if I start from "basic" old interface, they plays correctly, with menu and all extras. So I tested mymovies application and, surprise, with db build by mymovies, the movies open correctly from NMJ interface.
Really weird, I can't find any explaination...

Only thing I've not tested is to add MPLS instead of m2ts to "Add file" submenu of your application.... I will and keep you informed...
Any thoughts? Has anybody experimented same issue?

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - TonyAitch - 05-16-2011 08:41 PM

Yes, karmat63, me! See my post under "C200 unable to read Disney Blurays". I use full BD rips and NMJT.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - karmat63 - 05-17-2011 12:44 AM

(05-16-2011 08:41 PM)TonyAitch Wrote:  Yes, karmat63, me! See my post under "C200 unable to read Disney Blurays". I use full BD rips and NMJT.

Read your post... I have just the same problem.
Just for testing, I save NMJ Db build with NMJToolbox to desktop and then rebuild Db with Mymovies application (it's very fast). Then I opened Tron from NMJ interface and it works... So maybe there's a compatibility problem with NMJT and some BD (I tested Tron and Tron Legacy, Taxi driver and other BD had problems too, but I stripped the movie and son I can't test anymore...)
Bests

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - TonyAitch - 05-17-2011 03:08 AM

Hmmm. I had been looking at MyMovies, but was unsure of compatibility with NMJ and NJMT, plus I was hoping upcoming B & C firmware updates would help (I am a very silly boy). Will have to look at it again if it fixes my current problem.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - karmat63 - 05-17-2011 11:49 PM

I tested Mymovies before NMJT, and I really prefer the latter for it's flexibility. But I have to say, Mymovies works with no problems, if you have no multiple movies or TV shows on your Hard disk... In that case it makes a mess (at last in firmware I have; I know there are updated versions on mymovies site, but after discovering NMJT I didn't look back..)

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - karmat63 - 05-18-2011 02:16 AM

There's definitely something wrong with some full blu-ray rip (both ISO or BDMV structure) and NMJT. This evening I added "Black swan" and "Hot Fuzz" and both freeze before opening menu. Both work if started from old "basic" interface or from NMJ built with MyMovies application. I looked inside db in search of differences between NMJT and Mymovies db build and didn't find anything. Maybe Rom can help?
BTW, I updated to current C200 firmware.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - TonyAitch - 05-18-2011 05:45 PM

karmat63, I had asked Rom about this a while back, but he seemed to think it was more to do with the firmware/Sigma SDK problem which is well known (and soon to be fixed, I hope). You are the first person I have seen NOT have the problem with another database build!

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 30/03/11 v1.0.3.2) - karmat63 - 05-18-2011 08:51 PM

Believe me, tested and actually working with MyMovies application, a lot of movies (full BD rip) freezing with NMTJ. Looks like Mymovie build is transparent respect the simple file list... What works with the list works with MYmovies built NMJ.
Try, it's very a fast, matter of 5 minutes (first, of course save elsewhere your actual DB, so nothing will be lost).
My problem is I'd like going on with NMTJ, that fits perfectly my needs...