Networked Media Tank
[Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: NMT Software & Settings (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: NMJ - Networked Media Jukebox (/forumdisplay.php?fid=108)
+---- Forum: NMJ Toolbox - Windows Editor for NMJ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+---- Thread: [Release] NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 15/10/2012 v1.0.4.6) (/showthread.php?tid=46103)

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - karmat63 - 11-05-2011 01:32 PM

Thanks a lot for your answer, now it's clear... as I, infact, skipped some updates. I will see how the resized images look on my big screen, as on PC monitor they looks very soft... I'm pretty sure there wll be no difference, as the displayed image sizes are anyway determined by NMJ...
Thanks again

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - Kenny.G - 11-06-2011 01:02 AM

(11-05-2011 11:32 AM)Rom Wrote:  Nothing has been changed in the Download Images code for months (the last few releases). However, the images are always resized when using this way. It is always resized as if not the NMJ tends to run out of memory and stops playing video files if you have too many oversized images. The wallpaper is always resized to 1280 x 720 as this is the proper size for the NMJ and any large would just be wasting resources. The thumb and posters are resized to the standard size that the NMJ would normally use.

So no, it has not changed in the last release, it was changed a number of releases ago. If you need to check when it changed then it should be in the changelog in the first post on this thread.

Rom, I am sorry to report that I too NEVER get any images presented from Themoviedb in the NMJToolbox after adding a new movie, which I have just overlooked, closed the image window, downloaded the fanart and cover manually and done the "drag and drop" thing. I assumed it was probably some quirk of my setup since no-one else was reporting issues.

I also get the occasional system error "unhandled exception" to which I click continue and most of the time I get away with it, occasionally I have to terminate and re-start the NMJToolbox - This usually does not harm the database.

Just thought you would like to know, sorry if it presents you with problems. Thanks again for the great tool.
Ken

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - Rom - 11-06-2011 11:27 AM

Karmat63 did not say he never gets images from TheMovieDB, he said the images it does get are resized from the original size. If you are not getting the images from the site then only 3 things can be the cause:

Your internet connection has something wrong with it whilst you are using NMJT
The film you are adding has no artwork on the movieDB
theMovieDB site is down at the time you are adding movies.

I have never had any reports of people not getting images from themoviedb all of the time and I know there are well over 1000 users (going by the unique IP addresses downloading each release). You do have to manually select the covers you want, NMJT will not automatically choose them for you however, with the most recent release it does open the choose images window automatically after you have added a movie.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - Wildcard30 - 11-06-2011 01:16 PM

ROM thanks for this App it was getting a lot of use on my 200 series players I hope you will be able to port it to the 300 series I could really use it with my A300.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - Rom - 11-06-2011 01:27 PM

Unfortunately I don't have a 300 series and the example DB I have from Syabas is from back in April I think. I was waiting for the beta on the 200 series so I could see how the DB relates to the user interface of NMJ v2. Hopefully when it does get released in beta I will be able to see what needs to be done and get an NMJT2 out.

I believe NMJv2 has a web utility to tweak it, is this right? If so then it depends on how limited it is as to whether I go ahead and do an NMJT2. Some things should be easy as it can be ported from v1 but the DB structure is wildly different so a lot of work will need putting into that for NMJT2.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - congo181 - 11-06-2011 01:34 PM

Can someone with a 300 series send you a DB Rom?

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - Rom - 11-06-2011 01:45 PM

If I had a DB with some examples in (movies and TV) and some screen shots of what is shown on the TV when NMJ2 is running I could make a start. I want to know how sets are handled in the display, for both movies and TV etc.

I would also need details on mount points as I believe the NMJ2 can deal with multiple mount points and media locations so this would be a new thing to add as well. Of course I wouldn't be able to test any code other than look at what it does to the DB so I would also need one/some volunteers to help me with testing. Development would be slow though as I would have to make educated guesses on how/what to fix.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - Wildcard30 - 11-06-2011 01:49 PM

I would be willing to help with what you might need.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - Rom - 11-06-2011 01:57 PM

If you want to send me a copy of your (v1.9?) media.db and some screenshots of what the screens look like for movies, movie sets and TV series. A description of the various share(s) you have your media files on then I can have a look and maybe come up with something.

It would probably start from the basics ie video only, covers and synopsis, titles etc and I can build on that (basically how NMJT v1 started Smile ).

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - Kenny.G - 11-07-2011 12:09 AM

(11-06-2011 11:27 AM)Rom Wrote:  Karmat63 did not say he never gets images from TheMovieDB, he said the images it does get are resized from the original size. If you are not getting the images from the site then only 3 things can be the cause:

Your internet connection has something wrong with it whilst you are using NMJT
The film you are adding has no artwork on the movieDB
theMovieDB site is down at the time you are adding movies.

I have never had any reports of people not getting images from themoviedb all of the time and I know there are well over 1000 users (going by the unique IP addresses downloading each release). You do have to manually select the covers you want, NMJT will not automatically choose them for you however, with the most recent release it does open the choose images window automatically after you have added a movie.
Thank you again Rom. I am very grateful that you have provided the toolbox.
Just by way of explanation - I have never had an image appear in the choose images window, nor can I use the forward and back arrows in that window. I am of the belief that it is something in the set-up of my machine, such as perhaps the McAfee protection software which (of late) has been getting itself involved in all downloads of any kind and even attempting to stop me from visiting specific sites.
I do not have a problem with my internet connection with other applications, the movies I have been adding have artwork, which I have downloaded manually and themoviedb site is up (although sometimes very very slow). So, it is clearly some issue with my set-up and definitely not your problem.
Thanks so much.
Ken

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - jtswift - 11-07-2011 06:01 PM

Hey all,

I've tried to use this on my A-300 but I get the following errors.

I pointed it to the Datbase file in \\nmj_database\media.db

It styas stuck on the last screenshot if I click Continue. I have the most recent .net Framework installed.

Any ideas?

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - Rom - 11-07-2011 07:52 PM

NMJToolbox does not work on NMJv2 - which is what the A-300 uses. There are no 3rd party tools available at the moment for the A-300, you will have to use the built in tools.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - jtswift - 11-07-2011 08:53 PM

(11-07-2011 07:52 PM)Rom Wrote:  you will have to use the built in tools.

What built in tools would they be now?

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - Rom - 11-07-2011 10:08 PM

I believe there are some allowing you to update covers/film detection etc but I don't have details as I do not have a 300 series player.

RE: NMJToolbox - A Windows editor for the NMJ (Updated 17/9/11 v1.0.3.8) - chris57 - 11-08-2011 12:20 AM

Yes there are extra options to download fanart and covers in NMJv2. When you access the movie select the usual edit button. Then on the next screen you can use the UP button to change the cover, fanart and info. When you select the one you want it then downloads it.
Just done it on 13 seasons of King of the Hill Big Grin