Networked Media Tank
Request: SopCast plugin - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=96)
+--- Forum: Archive (Read Only) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+---- Forum: Media Service Portal (MSP) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: Request: SopCast plugin (/showthread.php?tid=5561)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - V.Y.R.U.S. - 05-25-2010 07:16 PM

What Atinkler has stated should work. I have created a simple HTML page, which I have added to my PCH (C-200) as a webservice.
I use the same link statements in my page and it works (most of the time)
So check whether the channels are broadcasting the football-matches.
What I have experienced as well is that when a lot of people are watching the stream, it can be more difficult to see it via your PCH.

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Atinkler - 06-01-2010 02:12 PM

OK guys - I emailed Cheesebread ( author of the Compiz webservice ) and I updated him on the issue with his Sopcast script being out of date.. he has now changed them to the new Sopcast links..... SO hopefully Compiz Sopcast should be up and running!!

I havent had a chance to check it yet but if anyone is able to and let us know I'd be really grateful (away from NMT for a while)

Hopefully World Cup games will be nice and easy to watch now Big Grin

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Iano - 06-10-2010 09:36 PM

(06-01-2010 02:12 PM)Atinkler Wrote:  I havent had a chance to check it yet but if anyone is able to and let us know I'd be really grateful (away from NMT for a while)

Doesn't work for me. I get the buffering screen and then 'can not play'.

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Atinkler - 06-11-2010 10:51 AM

I still havent had a chance to try it but that is a shame if it doesnt work

I'll email Cheesebread again and see what he says

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - wk77 - 11-01-2010 07:11 AM

Hi Guys,

So how can i get Sopcast to play on PCH?

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Sprocketjoo - 12-15-2010 11:30 AM

There are two current ways:

- Use compiz web service. Last saturday I succesfully this method to watch a soccer game.

- Use PC sopcast player and stream the video with ps3mediaserver + pmsencoder plugin. I tried this yesterday and works like a charm.

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - simondk - 01-04-2011 05:49 PM

Hey, i found a good way to stream sopcast to my c200 and my ipad!!! I have started to use orb2.0 works a treat allthougj i get audio sync issues on the ipad but i think thats because of wifi!!

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - errrrrrrrrrm - 12-22-2011 06:44 PM

(12-15-2010 11:30 AM)Sprocketjoo Wrote:  There are two current ways:

- Use compiz web service. Last saturday I succesfully this method to watch a soccer game.

- Use PC sopcast player and stream the video with ps3mediaserver + pmsencoder plugin. I tried this yesterday and works like a charm.

Can anyone help me,

I've set up ps3mediaserver and pmsencoder, I can see ps3mediaserver on my pch c-200 but it's just folder navigation, what file do I have to access to watch the stream?

The only instructions I can find on this are in a closed thread here (post 11)

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=40875

Quote:this thread made me go and test ps3mediaserver and i am happy to confirm that this method works without a hitch (a100).
just set up ps3mediaserver correctly (add sopcast into WEB.config (videostream.Web,TVs=Sopcast,http://127.0.0.1:8902/stream) and install chocolateboys plugin and move mencoder web to the top of video web streaming engines under transcoding settings) and leave it running in the background (or install as a service if you wish) then run sopcast with the channel you want and lastly head off to your NMT and you should now see ps3mediserver listed, just go to the directory where you put the sopcast link, click it, wait about 30secs and sit back and enjoy.

I haven't put a sopcast link anywhere, as far as I know none of the instructions I've followed have generated a sopcast link so I'm a bit stuck.

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Atinkler - 12-24-2011 09:48 PM

I had exactly the same question and have sent jokster a pm I'll post it here if he replies.. If not I'll be looking here for some help.
(12-22-2011 06:44 PM)errrrrrrrrrm Wrote:  
(12-15-2010 11:30 AM)Sprocketjoo Wrote:  There are two current ways:

Can anyone help me,

I've set up ps3mediaserver and pmsencoder, I can see ps3mediaserver on my pch c-200 but it's just folder navigation, what file do I have to access to watch the stream?

The only instructions I can find on this are in a closed thread here (post 11)

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=40875

Quote:this thread made me go and test ps3mediaserver and i am happy to confirm that this method works without a hitch (a100).
just set up ps3mediaserver correctly (add sopcast into WEB.config (videostream.Web,TVs=Sopcast,http://127.0.0.1:8902/stream) and install chocolateboys plugin and move mencoder web to the top of video web streaming engines under transcoding settings) and leave it running in the background (or install as a service if you wish) then run sopcast with the channel you want and lastly head off to your NMT and you should now see ps3mediserver listed, just go to the directory where you put the sopcast link, click it, wait about 30secs and sit back and enjoy.

I haven't put a sopcast link anywhere, as far as I know none of the instructions I've followed have generated a sopcast link so I'm a bit stuck.

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - jokster - 12-27-2011 04:19 PM

sorry Atinkler the PM i sent was missing some important info - DOH!
so....
i'm assuming you have followed the instructions on chocolate boys web site on adding pmsencoder to the pms.conf file and added his PMSEncoder plugin to the plugins folder of pms. this is a must.
you now need to edit the web.conf file (located in the pms install folder) and add this line to the video feeds section (any text editor will do)

videostream.Web,Sopcast=http://127.0.0.1:8902/stream

the newer versions of PMS have changed the directories somewhat so you need to move/copy the web.conf to a new directory (the same one your PMS.conf is in) for win 7 x64 it is C:\ProgramData\PMS.
its a hidden folder so you will need to go to your folder options and enable "show hidden files and folders"

when you browse to your Web feeds on pms with the nmt you should have sopcast listed under video feeds (if its not there check the others it'll be in there somewhere).

you do not need to have sopcast running as a stand alone app for this to work ie if its running on a web page (eg livetv.ru, footydoctor, etc) it will work just the same.

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - mightyreds - 01-08-2012 05:23 PM

Hi Jokster,

I've been trying for days to link my sopcast to my PCH using PMS but somehow doesn't work... can you help by sending me some info on how to do it?

Thanks much!

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - gabimax - 01-10-2012 05:18 PM

Hi,
I can't see the .html file in my A300.
I have Samba server, NFS server, but, nothing. I instaled all NMT applications.
I don't have intern HDD, only extern USB HDD.

What can I do for I can see html file?

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - jokster - 01-11-2012 12:40 AM

@mightyreds
where are you stuck?
dl ps3mediaserver from here
run ps3mediaserver once before installing the plugin as this populates the pms.conf file
dl pmsencoder plugin from here
and follow chocalateboys instructions for installing it correctly.
then follow my post above
run pms again and move pmsencoder to the top of video "web video streaming engines" under "transcoding settings"
click on save and restart sever

job done

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Atinkler - 01-11-2012 10:34 AM

Jokster got it all up and running yesterday - thanks for your help

A few things I came across that might help others

PMS.conf is found in the Program Data Folder

If the PSM.conf hasn't populated look at the troubleshooting part of the chocolateboy site for a link to the text you need to copy and paste in (I didnt know to run PS3M before installing plug in)

For the WEB config you wrote has changed on a few posts - I think the one that worked for me is (videostream.Web,TVs=Sopcast,http://127.0.0.1:8902/stream)
It MIGHT need the s taken off TVs but I can't remember (compare to the one below it in the conf doc)

Also I put it under Video Streams and I think you have said video feeds in the past

The Web.conf needs to be placed in the PSM folder too - I made sure the updated one sat in the existing PS3media folder too)

With PS3MP I also had a problem with it not finding the PCH .. this was remedied using a solution under the HELP page in the PSM GUI.

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Atinkler - 01-12-2012 04:55 PM

last night I got unknown renderer on PS3M... OH well back to the start again Angry