Networked Media Tank
Request: SopCast plugin - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=96)
+--- Forum: Archive (Read Only) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+---- Forum: Media Service Portal (MSP) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: Request: SopCast plugin (/showthread.php?tid=5561)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - mightyreds - 01-12-2012 07:03 PM

(01-11-2012 12:40 AM)jokster Wrote:  @mightyreds
where are you stuck?
dl ps3mediaserver from here
run ps3mediaserver once before installing the plugin as this populates the pms.conf file
dl pmsencoder plugin from here
and follow chocalateboys instructions for installing it correctly.
then follow my post above
run pms again and move pmsencoder to the top of video "web video streaming engines" under "transcoding settings"
click on save and restart sever

job done

Hi Jokster,

Thanks for taking the trouble to help. Here's what I did:

1) I installed the PMS and ran the program. It detected my PCH. After that, I shut down the program.

2) I downloaded the PMS plugin. Copied and pasted the pmsencoder jar file into the 'plugins' folder.

3) Found the PMS.conf file in the 'PMS' folder under 'Programs Data'.

This is where I'm stuck... when I opened the PMS.conf file under text editor, it doesn't show the list of engines. So I can't edit and add 'pmsencoder'.

What I have in the PMS.conf file is this (copied and paste):

thumbnails = true
image_thumbnails = true
folders = C:\\Users\\kern\\Videos
alternativeffmpegpath = C:\\Program Files (x86)\\PS3 Media Server\\win32\\dvrms\\ffmpeg_MPGMUX.exe
mencoder_ass = true
uuid = e3f6977d-bdca-4216-a7f3-e0cb0d39b7a8

It doesn't show any engines for me to add the pmsencoder.

Perhaps can you copy the correct PMS.conf content here so that I can over-write mine to try?

Thanks.

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - jokster - 01-12-2012 07:35 PM

if you go in and change any settings under transcoding setting and then click save the conf file will be populated
anyways mine looks like this (after the uuid)
Code:
engines = mencoder,tsmuxer,avsffmpeg,avsmencoder,mplayeraudio,ffmpegaudio,tsmuxeraudio,pms​encoder,mencoderwebvideo,vlcvideo,mplayervideodump,mplayerwebaudio,vlcaudio,ffmp​egdvrmsremux,rawthumbs
hidevideosettings = false
hide_transcode_folder = true
hide_media_library_folder = true
hide_enginenames = true
mencoder_disablesubs = true
mencoder_encode = keyint=5:vqscale=1:vqmin=1
mencoder_fontconfig = true
mencoder_ass_defaultstyle = true
mencoder_mux_compatible = false
audiochannels = 2
audiobitrate = 384
port = 5002
prevents_sleep_mode = true
hide_extensions = false
enable_archive_browsing = true
please keep in mind that some of these setting may not suit you

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - mightyreds - 01-12-2012 08:42 PM

(01-12-2012 07:35 PM)jokster Wrote:  if you go in and change any settings under transcoding setting and then click save the conf file will be populated
anyways mine looks like this (after the uuid)
Code:
engines = mencoder,tsmuxer,avsffmpeg,avsmencoder,mplayeraudio,ffmpegaudio,tsmuxeraudio,pms​encoder,mencoderwebvideo,vlcvideo,mplayervideodump,mplayerwebaudio,vlcaudio,ffmp​egdvrmsremux,rawthumbs
hidevideosettings = false
hide_transcode_folder = true
hide_media_library_folder = true
hide_enginenames = true
mencoder_disablesubs = true
mencoder_encode = keyint=5:vqscale=1:vqmin=1
mencoder_fontconfig = true
mencoder_ass_defaultstyle = true
mencoder_mux_compatible = false
audiochannels = 2
audiobitrate = 384
port = 5002
prevents_sleep_mode = true
hide_extensions = false
enable_archive_browsing = true
please keep in mind that some of these setting may not suit you

Hi Jokster,

Thanks. I managed to populate the engines in the pms.conf file and I added the 'pmsencoder' to the front of the list.

After that, I added the sopcast stream address the web.conf file as per your previous instructions.

The next thing I know, the PMS cannot find my popcorn hour anymore. It says "No renderers were found". But it managed to find my PCH just a few minutes ago! And the PCH is still up and running on my TV.

Do you know what could have triggered the PMS to stop detecting my PCH all of a sudden?

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - jokster - 01-12-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:The next thing I know, the PMS cannot find my popcorn hour anymore. It says "No renderers were found". But it managed to find my PCH just a few minutes ago! And the PCH is still up and running on my TV.
Atinkler said that he solved this using the built in help in PMS (see 2nd last post on previous page), not sure where he looked though.
have you tried restarting the just popcorn and PMS?

by the way Atinkler glad you got it sorted out mate Smile

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Atinkler - 01-12-2012 10:27 PM

Checked my setup today and the popcorn was recognised this evening.. Typical I don't want to use it tonight but hopefully it'll work on Saturday

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - mightyreds - 01-14-2012 07:05 PM

(01-11-2012 10:34 AM)Atinkler Wrote:  Jokster got it all up and running yesterday - thanks for your help

A few things I came across that might help others

PMS.conf is found in the Program Data Folder

If the PSM.conf hasn't populated look at the troubleshooting part of the chocolateboy site for a link to the text you need to copy and paste in (I didnt know to run PS3M before installing plug in)

For the WEB config you wrote has changed on a few posts - I think the one that worked for me is (videostream.Web,TVs=Sopcast,http://127.0.0.1:8902/stream)
It MIGHT need the s taken off TVs but I can't remember (compare to the one below it in the conf doc)

Also I put it under Video Streams and I think you have said video feeds in the past

The Web.conf needs to be placed in the PSM folder too - I made sure the updated one sat in the existing PS3media folder too)

With PS3MP I also had a problem with it not finding the PCH .. this was remedied using a solution under the HELP page in the PSM GUI.

Hi there, I think I have the same problem in that I can't find the PCH after configuration... and I can't find the solution on the PSM GUI too... could you share how you got it fixed?

Thanks much!

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Atinkler - 01-15-2012 08:46 AM

I think you go to help and go to basic set up or something like that.. It shows you how it should look when finding a ps3... Then scroll down to see a guide to manual set up..I'm not near my pch so if you still can't find it post again and I'll do a proper step by step when I can.

(01-14-2012 07:05 PM)mightyreds Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 10:34 AM)Atinkler Wrote:  Jokster got it all up and running yesterday - thanks for your help

A few things I came across that might help others

PMS.conf is found in the Program Data Folder

If the PSM.conf hasn't populated look at the troubleshooting part of the chocolateboy site for a link to the text you need to copy and paste in (I didnt know to run PS3M before installing plug in)

For the WEB config you wrote has changed on a few posts - I think the one that worked for me is (videostream.Web,TVs=Sopcast,http://127.0.0.1:8902/stream)
It MIGHT need the s taken off TVs but I can't remember (compare to the one below it in the conf doc)

Also I put it under Video Streams and I think you have said video feeds in the past

The Web.conf needs to be placed in the PSM folder too - I made sure the updated one sat in the existing PS3media folder too)

With PS3MP I also had a problem with it not finding the PCH .. this was remedied using a solution under the HELP page in the PSM GUI.

Hi there, I think I have the same problem in that I can't find the PCH after configuration... and I can't find the solution on the PSM GUI too... could you share how you got it fixed?

Thanks much!

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - guzpot - 01-22-2012 06:05 PM

guys did everyone get this resolved i got the sopcast stream running perfect on my c200 post any questions back to me if needed

thanks

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - jokster - 02-05-2012 06:24 PM

as interest seems to be on the rise again here is an updated guide

DL and install PMS. The betas are normally quite stable so grab the latest.
you may need to run PMS once and change some settings in the transcode settings just to populate the PMS.conf file, this is for later use.

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list

DL chocolateboys PMSEncoder plugin and place it in * \PS3 Media Server\plugins

http://github.com/chocolateboy/pmsencoder

Win7 users may have codec related issues so refer to this guide for codec setup set up (i believe that this is more to do with streaming content from a HDD not web streams but it cant hurt to use this setup anyway)

http://otmanix.de/english/2009/10/11/ps3-media-server-on-windows-7-avisynth-ffdshow-coreavc/

another option is to dl BD Rebuilder and run it. It will check and give the option to correct your codec setup

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BD-Rebuilder

You will need to add a stream location to PMS next.
To do this locate the install folder (win7 x64 - C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server), then edit the WEB.conf file with a text editor of your choice (I use notepad++). Add this line to ” #video streams”.

videostream.Web,TV=Sopcast,http://127.0.0.1:8902/stream

Now to edit the PMS.conf file to add pmsencoder to the front of the engines list as per chocolate boys instructions.

engines = pmsencoder,mencoder,tsmuxer,mplayeraudio......

This file is in a hidden folder so go to your “folder options”, “view” tab and enable “show hidden files, folders and drives”.
Now browse to C:\ProgramData\PMS to find the PMS.conf file. For Xp users its in your "appdata" folder and Vista i'm not sure - maybe try the roaming folder
NB you need to copy your WEB.conf file to this location also (C:\ProgramData\PMS)

Most of the options in PMS are self explanatory and it works straight from the tin, so if you are unsure about what you are doing no need to worry.
By default PMS shares all your HDDs so its up to you if you want to limit this under the "Navagation/Share" tab.

The only settings we need for Sopcast are under the "Transcode" tab. We need to got to (on the left hand side) “ Web Video Streaming Engines”, highlight PMSEncoder Web and then click the blue up arrow (2) until its at the top. If it is not green click the plug button (1)

[Image: 82896197.png]

You will have to save and restart the HTTP server (buttons at the top) after this. I would restart PMS just to be safe.
Once these couple of things are done you are ready to go.
Just open the sopcast stream of your choice on your networked PC and then its off to your PS3/NMT/Xbox360 or whatever and select ps3mediaserver from your menu then go to WEB then TV and select the sopcast entry.

Give it a few seconds and there you are – sopcast on your TV!

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Atinkler - 02-07-2012 10:55 AM

Jokster good guide and I'm sure there will be plenty of people on here who'll benefit from this!

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - jokster - 02-07-2012 12:12 PM

Cheers atinkler, if there's anything I've missed out or just got plain wrong let me know and I'll correct the tut.

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - Atinkler - 02-07-2012 01:40 PM

(02-07-2012 12:12 PM)jokster Wrote:  Cheers atinkler, if there's anything I've missed out or just got plain wrong let me know and I'll correct the tut.

Just got a new PCH so I'm sure I'll be using the guide soon.. will let you know how it goes

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - jokster - 02-10-2012 12:38 PM

i just tested it out on my a100 and it all works fine, takes about 30 seconds for the stream to kick in.
the only correction to the guide was the final location for the sopcast entry (its in tv not video streams) tut updated accordingly.

some of you may want to check out sharkhunters build of PMS - as long as beta builds dont scare you, lol. TBH they are generally very stable.
Code:
http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10854
it comes with all the plugins and scripts for PMS so theres no need to alter files and dl other addons. but you will still need to add sopcast manually.
it adds a feast of online tv and radio channels, possibly even naviX (but dont quote me on that as i drifted away from following the development a while ago)

i hope this help a few people out Smile

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - timmy - 02-10-2012 03:28 PM

My translation takes 2-3 minutes, then slows down and freezesconfused

RE: Request: SopCast plugin - jokster - 02-11-2012 11:58 AM

strange one mate.
is there anying in the "traces" in PMS?
is the "transcoding buffer" stopped or still working away?