Networked Media Tank
NMT, mediatomb and Directv transcoding - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: Community Jukebox, Themes, & UserApps Section (/forumdisplay.php?fid=106)
+--- Forum: Other HTTP or UPNP Server Software (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: NMT, mediatomb and Directv transcoding (/showthread.php?tid=59003)

NMT, mediatomb and Directv transcoding - Dewdman42 - 02-02-2012 05:02 AM

I have A210. I installed mediatomb and got it working. Now I want to try to use it to stream video to my DirecTV receiver which has a DLNA/uPnP media player built in. However in order to do this I need to try to enable certain transcoding in mediatomb. here are some instructions for that:

http://mediatomb.cc/dokuwiki/transcoding:transcoding#directv_hr2x_transcoding

When I tried to setup the transcoding, I found it does not work because it depends on VLC, so maybe this is not possible with the nmt. Does anyone know if VLC is available for NMT? If not, does anyone have any idea of a media server that will transcode on the NMT to send to the DirecTV receiver for playback? The instructions on the link above are cryptic to me in terms of trying to figure out another solution.

RE: NMT, mediatomb and Directv transcoding - halfelite - 02-02-2012 05:15 AM

yes there is a vlc install for the pch the problem is it wont be fast enough to keep up with a transcode

RE: NMT, mediatomb and Directv transcoding - Dewdman42 - 02-02-2012 05:31 AM

ic.

ok guess I will have to try to find a media server that can run on OSX and have it mount the NMT's drive via SMB or NFS, at least the mac can do the transcoding.

RE: NMT, mediatomb and Directv transcoding - lauchll - 02-25-2012 10:44 PM

I am trying to view the internet over my Sony televison using my A110 Popcorn. This is probably sounding like a stupid question to you but any help you can give would be appreciated. I am using a wireless system. Thanks

RE: NMT, mediatomb and Directv transcoding - lundman - 02-26-2012 12:36 AM

The source branch of llink has transcoding, but I've not looked at your requirements specifically.