Networked Media Tank
C200 Streaming mp3 files = reboot - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: Popcorn Hour 200 Series (Sigma 8643) - C-200/A-200/A-210 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: 200 Series - Audio/Photo/Subtitles (/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: C200 Streaming mp3 files = reboot (/showthread.php?tid=59210)

C200 Streaming mp3 files = reboot - Grassman - 02-09-2012 03:06 AM

I've got a new problem that I just can't figure out.

I've got a Windows 7 PC that I stream movies and music from over a wired network to my C200. I use YAMJ for the movies and Music Jukebox 8.2 for the music. I've never had a problem streaming movies or music until a few days ago.

I added a few new albums to my Music Jukebox directory then played a couple albums and it rebooted the C200 midway into a music file in mp3 format. At first I thought the files were corrupt so I played them on the Windows 7 machine and they play without any troubles. Then I thought maybe Music Jukebox might be the problem so I removed the index.htm file from my jukebox and played the file in question from the basic file manager. Same result with a reboot at the exact same time into the song. Finally copied the files in question to a flash drive and plugged it into one of the front usb ports on the C200. The files played without any troubles at all.

The files in question were sourced from the interwebs so I don't have any way to re-rip them to see if it's the file or not.

What is causing a reboot while streaming and not from a local drive?

RE: C200 Streaming mp3 files = reboot - Grassman - 02-22-2012 12:07 AM

If nobody has any answers then I will assume it's corrupt files. Replacing them fixes the issue.