flash apps - Printable Version
+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: Community Jukebox, Themes, & UserApps Section (/forumdisplay.php?fid=106)
+--- Forum: 200/300/400 Series - Development and User Apps (/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+--- Thread:  flash apps (/showthread.php?tid=59316)
flash apps - george7523 - 02-13-2012 08:22 AM
hi i'm interested in developing flash application for popcorn hour machine. I have signed on for sdk at developer.popbox.com. I am still awaiting their approval. I am wondering if SDK is really needed at all ? Would I be able to run a .swf file in a popcorn hour machine without the SDK ? if that's the case, what extra stuff does SDK provide ?
thank you much for any info
RE: flash apps - accident - 02-13-2012 10:00 AM
The sdk is basically:
- flashlite info to setup your enviroment+the pch profile for device central/debugging
- the non-standard remote control keycodes
- the non-flash app template system (just added don't know much more about it)
- the docs on api commands you can issue to the hardware, they cover everything from getting/setting data to playback
- player.swf which is the playerui you see in other apps in app market. It's also the youtube video player and netstream player.
- other sample apps that use a variety of useful classes for some (like their grids for scrollable menu fields)
Other things in that private site:
- submitting apps for approval and addition to apps market
- a private forum which really has no posts but does have engineers monitoring it for api bugs.
- a place you can discuss with others you know "signed" the agreement to get in. You'll see the agreement shortly, read it close and save a copy. there's wording where most of us will not answer anything specific to the sdk code or api outside of that forum.
RE: flash apps - george7523 - 02-14-2012 01:01 AM
Thank You very much for the information !! How long did it developer.popbox.com to approve you for the SDK do you remember ? It's been a few days and still no reply from them.
RE: flash apps - accident - 02-14-2012 01:28 AM
It can vary, I'm not sure who is in charge of that anymore but pming werner could get some feedback to let him know there is an application pending. if they denied you for some reason liek you used fake info in the signup you don't get any notification so it could also be that.