Networked Media Tank
Can't reinstall my popcorn Hour C200 ?? - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: Popcorn Hour 200 Series (Sigma 8643) - C-200/A-200/A-210 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: 200 Series - Hardware/Installation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: Can't reinstall my popcorn Hour C200 ?? (/showthread.php?tid=59433)

Can't reinstall my popcorn Hour C200 ?? - fa355115 - 02-18-2012 05:08 PM

Hi there !!

Having some issues I can not resolve on my C200, I would like to completely re-install it.
As I have no Hard drive in it, just the USB key with apps running, I want to format the key, and re-install everything from 0

Issue is that when I go to Setup -> Maintenance -> NMT setup wizard, I have 3 options, but I have an issue :

1. Typical Installation (Installs NMT applications without removing media contents)
2. Media setup (Choose NMT media destination)
3. Fresh Setup (Reformats storage device and Installs NMT applicationd)

... so basically I select 3

-> next : Choose storage device to install NMT, I only have option "USB_DRIVE_A" (which is normal, I do not have hdds)

-> next : set ext3 as storage device format ... ok

-> next : Then I get a warning that all data will be lost ... ok

-> next : please choose the NMT setup source : there I have choice between Online or USB ... I am choosing Online (the popcorn will get it from internet, right ?). Anyway if I am choosing "USB", next message is that the setup failes, No source found in the USB drive ...

Then I am getting a blue screen "NMT Applications Update System" sating there is no update available (Please ensure that your firmware version is up to date before trying to update the NMT applications. Click here to check for firmware updates ...

and as my firmware is already up to date, the only option I have is to click here

Then it tells no update is available, click here to continue

... ans it comes back to the setup menu

?!?

RE: Can't reinstall my popcorn Hour C200 ?? - BanditRider - 02-18-2012 05:14 PM

You could delete all the files on the USB key and try again.

RE: Can't reinstall my popcorn Hour C200 ?? - fa355115 - 02-18-2012 05:47 PM

I have done so ... that is not solving the issue.
If I select "USB key" as source for the apps, instead of "Online", it seems to be working

So only when I select "Online" as source for the apps it is not working ?!?

RE: Can't reinstall my popcorn Hour C200 ?? - 7thsinbad - 02-21-2012 09:11 PM

(02-18-2012 05:47 PM)fa355115 Wrote:  I have done so ... that is not solving the issue.
If I select "USB key" as source for the apps, instead of "Online", it seems to be working

So only when I select "Online" as source for the apps it is not working ?!?

Why not break down and install a very cheap hdd?

7thsinbad

RE: Can't reinstall my popcorn Hour C200 ?? - Pain - 02-21-2012 09:44 PM

I reported this as a bug more than a year ago, but it probably didn't make it to Syabas. It has to be reported by a beta tester, and if none of them feel like it then the bug will not be fixed.

What you have to do is attach the USB key to a PC, remove all partitions from it, and then create a single partition for the entire USB stick. After that you can put it in your C200 and do a fresh install.

How to remove the partitions? Normally I would use windows built in Disk Management tool to do this, but for some reason I don't understand it wasn't possible when I had to do it. I had to google for how to do it, and found a software that could do it.
I don't remember the name now, but I found an alternative at this place: http://download.cnet.com/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool/3000-2094_4-10974082.html

RE: Can't reinstall my popcorn Hour C200 ?? - PrOeSt - 02-22-2012 07:43 AM

Correct me if Im wrong but I think you are missing the definition of Source in this case..

When I read your post. I see this :

(02-18-2012 05:08 PM)fa355115 Wrote:  ...
As I have no Hard drive in it, just the USB key with apps running, I want to format the key, and re-install everything from 0

So you got an USB key you want to format and reinstall everything on it because you dont have an internal disc..

(02-18-2012 05:08 PM)fa355115 Wrote:  ...
-> next : please choose the NMT setup source : there I have choice between Online or USB ... I am choosing Online (the popcorn will get it from internet, right ?). Anyway if I am choosing "USB", next message is that the setup failes, No source found in the USB drive ...

Above is the part that confused me, Because in the previous steps you confirmed that every data on the USB will be removed. So you formatted the USB key (so its empty) and now you want to same USB key as SOURCE for your installation ?

I think if you try the same again but instead of choosing USB as the source for the installation choose Online.

What the C-200 will do is get the installation files from the internet and install them on your USB key from there everything will be up and running.

RE: Can't reinstall my popcorn Hour C200 ?? - fa355115 - 02-22-2012 08:55 AM

ok - I confirm the "Online" is still not working, although my PCH is connected to the internet.
But "USB" is now working. I have mounted the USB key on my computer, demoved all files, copied the NMT applications on it, and re-launched the steps are mentioned in post 1 choosing USB as Source.