Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[TOOL] [TOMY] Unified Releases!
10-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Photo [TOMY] Unified Releases!
UNIFIED RELEASE OF TOMY VERSION 1.4.1
[Image: v137Minimized.png]

For public consumption, the first Mac YAMJ GUI configuration Tool and Utility: TOMY, The Only Mac YAMJ GUI (now for Windows too)!

[Image: v137LibraryTab.png]

Why use this:

[Image: YAMJGUIConfig.png]

When you could be using, this:

[Image: v133LibraryWindows.png]

There is no doubt that the YAMJ GUI Config has served us well, given it's very limited user interface. But TOMY goes far beyond the anemic YAMJ GUI Config tool could ever dream about:

• Much more intuitive and robust library.xml file editing. You can actually see and change every detail of the library.
• More precise construction of playerpath's, the most common source of issues and headaches.
• Schedule precisely when you want YAMJ to be executed: Hourly, Daily, Weekly, any time of the day or night.
• Auto mount and dismount drives and shares at the start and completion of indexing.
• All the most common settings for YAMJ and Aeon skin can be changed through TOMY.
• For all other settings, a built-in text editor with search capabilities is included to easily manipulate the properties and options files directly all within TOMY.
• Built-in Log Viewer to review both the console logs and YAMJ logs. No need to launch a separate text file viewer.
• Easily change skins through a drop-down menu.
• Graphic portrayals allow you to visualize common appearance settings without having to run YAMJ to view the results afterwards.
• TOMY takes out the guesswork and headache of tracking and determining which settings may impact or are dependent on other settings.
• Create different Sets to manage multiple Players and/or multiple YAMJ configurations, as many as you need.
• On first run, TOMY will search for all existing YAMJ installations on the startup volume and define Sets for each one.
• Parlez-vous français? TOMY is multi-lingual and currently has been translated for French and German. Help us make it fluent in your native language by downloading and translating a language file!

[Image: v14AppearanceTab.png]

Multiple Media Players? No problem! TOMY can discover all your YAMJ compatible Media Players on your network and have them available to you in one convenient place:

[Image: v133WindowsPlayerManager.jpg]

Trying to keep up with the sometimes daily beta releases of YAMJ? Or perhaps one of those beta's isn't yet ready for you and need to downgrade? New with TOMY v1.2 is a YAMJ Updater that allows you to selectively upgrade/downgrade any of your YAMJ installations. Just download the YAMJ version you want from the usual place and TOMY will find the newest version in your download folder. Or you can select whichever version you have already located elsewhere. TOMY will only overwrite existing files that are included with the YAMJ version you are updating with, so all your custom moviejukebox-properties files and custom skins should remain intact. Another headache and source for catastrophic errors alleviated for you.

[Image: v12YAMJUpdater.png]

Release Notes

1) TOMY has been tested with YAMJ 2.0-2.5 (beta), Aeon v10.0509, Gonzalu's LowList mods, Beffa LowList mods, Sabish LowList mods, GTX mods, Alaska, Redefined, Unique Black Glas 3.0 and SabishGT.

2) To access the NMJ conversion tab, open Preferences and check the "Enable YAMJ to NMJ conversion" box. Since most users of YAMJ will not use NMJ on a regular basis, the option to hide the NMJ tab is provided.

3) (Mac) Intel Macs running Snow Leopard should automatically use 64-bit Java 1.6 (aka Release 6) by default, so the Moviejukebox shell script can be run without modification. Otherwise, if you are running pre-10.6, you may need to modify the shell script file by following the YAMJ Wiki for Macintosh. A future enhancement may have TOMY automatically update the shell script if necessary.

4) (Windows) For Windows 7 x64, it may be necessary to change permissions on the YAMJ installation folder and everything contained within in order for TOMY to access and write files to it.

5) (Windows) The new network drive mapping functionality appears to not function as expected under Windows 7 due to a commonly known issue involving its User Account Control system which prevents the newly mapped drive from appearing in Windows Explorer and the command line. Even though its usefulness may be dubious, it has not been disabled for Windows 7 as it has been seen to work on occasion.

[Image: v133WindowsIndexingTab.png]

Download Location

TOMY is available for download at Inhouse Designs, Inc. Once installed, TOMY's built-in updater will ensure you always have the latest version.

In addition, the latest version of YAMJ as well as complete, "turn-key", pre-installed packages of YAMJ with Aeon and the most popular mods are available for download at ihd. Just unzip the package, place it anywhere you desire, install TOMY and you are off and running!

UPDATE 2011-10-06: v1.4.1 Maintenance Release
• Fixed homePage not being added to skin-user.properties file when using YAMJ 2.5 if the "Home Page" selection on OPTIONS tab is set to "(Default)."
• Fixed rare NilObjectException error that occurs when auto-mounting network shares via scheduled indexing routine that is not the currently selected User Set while the current User Set has "(None)" assigned as a media player.
• Fixed auto-mounting of NMT drives via scheduled indexing routine that was not the currently selected User Set while the current User Set has "(None)" assigned as a media player.
• Fixed internal drive icon not appearing on status display if SMB server is not active but API's are available.
• Fixed issue of the settings for a newly selected User Set will not load, resulting in the previously selected User Set settings being utilized incorrectly.
• Fixed misidentification of unsuccessful API calls as successful when using TheDavidBox API version 3.
• Fixed manual mounting of shares that would only mount network shares identified in the first USER SET and not what's identified in the currently selected USER SET.
• Fixed Library Editor properly identifying network shares on non-boot volumes locally attached to host computer.
• Added Network Share editing under the Popcorn Hour Setup utilities. (NOTE: Under the current firmware, API created Network Share entries are not accessible in any which way to the NMT directly, therefore, at this time, this feature serves no useful purpose).
• Added Reload Page menu option for browser windows.
• Added Drag&Drop to Jukebox Location text box.
• (Mac) Added ",/.AppleDouble" automatically to exclude list of library XML files in order to have YAMJ ignore OS X invisible Finder meta data files.

UPDATE 2011-08-07: v1.4 Unified Release
• (Windows) Fixed Library Editor always incorrectly using SATA_DISK in the PlayerPath when there may be multiple internal drives installed on a PCH-C200 that have been assigned different drive labels.
• Fixed automounting of only one USB drive for indexing when there may be multiple USB drives in library.
• Fixed Popcorn Hour Setup window only listing one drive on NMT Applications tab when there may be multiple drives.
• Fixed Save button on NMT Applications tab of Popcorn Hour Setup window remaining active even after saving changes.
• Fixed rare ThreadAlreadyRunning error when attempting to unmount multiple USB drives after indexing.
• Fixed OutOfBoundsException error when pressing back button then forward button on browser window while its window is still being refreshed.
• Fixed erroneous message in Library Editor that wrongly states that a USB drive attached to an NMT is doesn't belong the NMT.
• Added suppression of mounting "EFI" partition on drives formatted under OS X with GPT partition scheme.
• Added automatic "mjb.preferredCountry" and "homePage" variable entries into skin-user.properties for older skins (such as Aeon) to enable compatibility with YAMJ 2.5.
• Added Preferred Certification Country to Appearance options.
• Added graphical status refresh each time the NMT configuration is retrieved.
• Added check for changed internal drive label assignments.
• (Mac) Added ",/._" automatically to exclude list of library XML files in order to have YAMJ ignore OS X invisible Finder meta data files.

TOMY: The Only Mac YAMJ GUI, now for Windows too! Both available here.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users say Thank You to Auggie for this post
10-07-2011, 05:50 AM
RE: [TOMY] Unified Releases!
Wow - will test this out on Windows 7 Auggie! Great job!

One question I have though is it designed to work with eversion skin (or flash skins in general)?
10-07-2011, 03:08 PM
It should work with Eversion, yes.

11-30-2011, 06:34 PM
TOMY TWO point OH snags...
Hmm...

Running into severe limitations with the compiler in trying to implement new techniques to handle the increased number of controls added for TWO point OH. Don't want to just throw them all into a jumble with no rhyme nor reason.

I don't think we can meet a release schedule of December, unfortunately. And if the worst case scenario is indeed facing us, then I don't think January is possible either. Sad

[+] 2 users say Thank You to Auggie for this post
04-17-2012, 05:00 PM
STATUS UPDATE
No, I haven't fallen off the earth (yet)! Had a few more important priorities come up in life that I had to attend to first (to include a new home!) so I had to step away from TOMY TWO point OH development (in addition to hitting a brick wall on some significant programming hurdles).

I know it doesn't help any of you that I have been happily using a working, fleshed-out TWO point OH internal version so I don't experience the issues and frustrations regular users of TOMY may go through (e.g. Lion support), but there are some rather rough User Interface issues that I feel can not be allowed to be released to the public in some sort of beta form as an interim solution to resolve some of the outstanding issues in the current public release. Nor do I think I can release a small update to the existing public version to at least address the Lion compatibility. So continued development of TWO point OH is my current goal.

A few of the outstanding features still needing development:

1) Supporting Eversion's Zero Config option for internal/USB drive setups in the LIBRARY EDITOR.

2) Set Creation and Editing, to include proper handling of scenarios where a video(s) can be part of multiple different sets.

3) Handling of OS X's frustratingly slow processing of file operations in YAMJ's jukebox folder when it contains tens of thousands of files.

4) Re-writing of TOMY startup processing to handle the new splash screen.

5) Interface design of the rewritten and heavily expanded OPTIONS and APPEARANCE tabs.

6) Completion of full support for manipulating the majority (if not all) possible switches and settings for the most popular skins (Eversion, SabishGT, GTZappiti, Redefined and Unique Black Glas).

7) Development of a Windows solution of the navigation bar of the newly added Inspectors.

8) Creating new custom artwork.

On top of all the countless little details and bugs that need a lot of thought and time to develop and implement (my internal list currently has 70 major "to do" items before a release is possible).

Anyways, I'm beginning to pick up where I left off so at least that's a start!

[+] 6 users say Thank You to Auggie for this post
10-31-2012, 11:19 AM
(04-17-2012 05:00 PM)Auggie Wrote:  STATUS UPDATE
No, I haven't fallen off the earth (yet)!
Anyways, I'm beginning to pick up where I left off so at least that's a start!

Just wondered Auggie, where you're up to now (keen Windows user)?
10-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Now only thing missing is a linux version??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [TOOL] [TOMY] The Only Mac YAMJ GUI Configuration Tool and Utility Auggie 814 291,450 06-20-2013 06:45 PM
Last Post: aren135
  [TOOL] [TOMY] Windows YAMJ GUI Configuration Tool and Utility Auggie 244 96,153 04-17-2013 02:54 PM
Last Post: djhifi