Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread:
Thread Closed 
[CSI] Community Software Installer 2.6.1 (OLD THREAD)
10-12-2009, 10:40 PM
RE: [CSI] Community Software Installer 2.5.0 (Win/Linux/OSX/Web/NMT)
(10-12-2009 09:39 PM)nickthegreek Wrote:  Does Community Software Installer work in Egreat EG-M34A???
I did try to install software but I am always getting the 404 error

It should work as the post above me mentioned.
If it doesnt try the beta from here:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=27251

If that doesn't work as well try the FAQ from the first post.

Easy way of installing software on your NMT using just your mouse: NMT Community Software Installer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2009, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2009 01:24 AM by joshua.lyon.)
(10-12-2009 08:56 PM)joshua.lyon Wrote:  It works fine on my PCH as well, but some users report having issues with the cron job at some point. It looks like the only thing that is consistent between the two users is that the issue occurs when they reboot the PCH.

I'll test out rebooting my PCH tonight to see how it affects my cron job.

I tried a reboot and it does in fact remove the cron entry. Is this also a known issue/design? I thought CSI (appinit) would automatically redo the cron entry upon reboot?

--
Also - just as a heads up, I tried running the appinit.cgi command from a PHP application and while appears to successfully run, some of the core functionality doesn't appear to work -- such as the updating / adding of cron entries.

Example:
PHP Code:
unset($output); // clear the array in case we've already used it
$status NULL// clear the status in case we've used it
exec("/share/Apps/AppInit/appinit.cgi rescan NewzBook"$output$status); // run the command and get the screen output and status
echo "The command returned a status of $status <br/>"// this outputs 0 (it successfully ran)
echo "<pre>".implode("<br/>"$output)."</pre>"// this shows the output below 

The output from the appinit rescan command from PHP is:
Code:
Found hardware type: Syabas A/B type

Application Initializer version 1.12
---------------------------------------
Checking for new version: up to date
Checking Application Initializer profile: Valid
Rescanning NewzBook: Done

The thing is, if I do a crontab -l just after a reboot, then run the debug page which includes the appinit rescan command, then run the crontab -l command again the cron entry never gets added. (fyi crontab results in a exit code of 127 from php -- which typically indicates the command cannot be found)

However, if I run the appinit rescan command from the shell (telnet), it does update the cron entry.

NewzBook - Automatic Newzbin bookmark fetcher, Newzbin search, and NZBget interface (mobile phone friendly)
http://boshdirect.com - my website / blog about technology, automotive, and general interests.
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2009, 04:21 AM
For the time being, I have created a basic script which will check for my cron entry (using the AppInit style comment at the end) and will add the entry if it doesn't exist. I'm running this as the daemon script so after reboot it will automatically try to check if the cron entry exists and add it if it doesn't.

I've included the script contents below in case anyone else will find it helpful:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
  start)
    if crontab -l | grep -q "#APPINIT_NewzBook#";
    then
      echo "It looks like the NewzBook entry already exists."
      exit 0
    else
      echo "The NewzBook entry doesn't appear to exist in cron. We will attempt to add it."

#Getting the current cron entries and putting them in a temporary file
      crontab -l > /tmp/cronentries.a

#Adding our NewzBook entry to the temporary file...
      echo "*/30 * * * * /share/Apps/NewzBook//crontab.sh #APPINIT_NewzBook#" >> /tmp/cronentries.a

#Replacing the old cron entries with the contents of the temporary file...
      crontab /tmp/cronentries.a

#Removing the temporary file...
      rm -f /tmp/cronentries.a

if crontab -l | grep -q "#APPINIT_NewzBook#";
      then
        echo "NewzBook has been successfully added as a cron entry!";
        exit 0
      else
        echo "ERROR: Newzbook could not be added as a cron entry.";
        exit 1
      fi
    fi
    ;;
  *)
    echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
    exit 1
esac

exit 0

Just save the file as whatever you want to call it in the root of your application directory (and makes sure it is executable and has unix line endings). In my case I called it cronchecker.sh. Then in the appinfo.json, I have:
Code:
{
    appinfo_format="1",
    name="NewzBook",
    version="1.2.4beta",
    enabled="1",
    daemon_script="cronchecker.sh",
    crontab="*/30 * * * * #PATH#/crontab.sh",
    //setup_script="setup.sh",
    //gayaui_path="#PATH#/webui",
    webui_path="#PATH#/webui"
}

NewzBook - Automatic Newzbin bookmark fetcher, Newzbin search, and NZBget interface (mobile phone friendly)
http://boshdirect.com - my website / blog about technology, automotive, and general interests.
10-13-2009, 06:36 AM
I'll have a look at it. Some user reported this before.
I cannot reproduce it.

It all boils down to when the crontab is created. It seems that the NMT is overwriting my changed again during boot.
I'll have a look at it again and try to figure out a better way of integrating the crontab lines. (or better time)

Easy way of installing software on your NMT using just your mouse: NMT Community Software Installer
10-13-2009, 08:21 AM
(10-12-2009 10:40 PM)Ger Teunis Wrote:  It should work as the post above me mentioned.
If it doesnt try the beta from here:

If that doesn't work as well try the FAQ from the first post.

Thank you for your quick response.
The Beta worked perfect.

Regards
Nikos
10-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi!

How can I change the default FTP user/pass (ftpuser/1234)?

Thank you!
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
@LaySoft : this not a question for the Community Installer but rather the individual app.
And the answer already exist in other threads. Here's one thread that appeared in my search, there might be better/other ways in other threads:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...rd+AND+ftp

Audio, video, disco - I hear, I see, I learn.
Wiki. Wiki? Wiki!
10-14-2009, 11:48 AM
(10-14-2009 11:41 AM)dc11ab Wrote:  @LaySoft : this not a question for the Community Installer but rather the individual app.
And the answer already exist in other threads. Here's one thread that appeared in my search, there might be better/other ways in other threads:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...rd+AND+ftp

Thank you, and sorry for my inconsiderate.
10-17-2009, 01:42 PM
newbie quesitons

I have a c200

installed the isntaller but it only seems to install custom menus, when I try to install a theme or a webservice they dotn install or at least I dont see them on when I open the c200

what am I doing worng?
10-17-2009, 01:49 PM
(10-17-2009 01:42 PM)yshenkm Wrote:  newbie quesitons

I have a c200

installed the isntaller but it only seems to install custom menus, when I try to install a theme or a webservice they dotn install or at least I dont see them on when I open the c200

what am I doing worng?

I was just about to ask the same thing! I have installed the CSI Gaya app for the C200. I found that in Web Services. But then I installed a theme (indiana jones) and then Extended Gaya, Llink, DownloadManager and Litepodder. But I cant see them anywhere.
10-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Extended Gaya should appear among the web services (press Sources button twice)
llink shows up among the network shares (it's a technicality, since it streams to itself, sort of Wink )
Themes are, AFAIK, not available to the C200 yet. That would be A/B only.
Download Manager is also, AFAIK, A/B only, so far.
Litepodder; I don't think it has a UI; instead you have to edit the config file to add podcasts/RSS feeds, and then they should appear in /share/Video/something

Audio, video, disco - I hear, I see, I learn.
Wiki. Wiki? Wiki!
10-17-2009, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2009 04:20 PM by Ger Teunis.)
I think you might have configured the CSI wrongly as well or are using the currently stable one.

Please use the beta version of CSI from here:
Also make sure you have configured CSI to C200 hardware type.

10-18-2009, 09:16 AM
website is down , does someone have another link to download it ?
10-18-2009, 10:01 AM
(10-18-2009 09:16 AM)nexz Wrote:  website is down , does someone have another link to download it ?

I've contacted the site hosting provider, again.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll post again when the issue is solved.
I'll go look for a new hosting provider soon, the current one does have it's glitches now and then.

10-18-2009, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2009 10:48 AM by FireGeo.)
is installer down today?

Never mind it's back.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star [CSI] Community Software Installer 2.7.2 ** UPDATED DEC 28th ** Ger Teunis 624 342,065 04-10-2014 05:52 AM
Last Post: jhmiller
  Support thread for HeartWare's PopCorn MKV Chapter Maker HeartWare 72 54,872 01-01-2012 10:10 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  Another Youtube thread - sorry mrmrmrmr 4 3,005 06-23-2010 08:27 PM
Last Post: mrmrmrmr
  Loss internal drive when using community inst.. tunafish 0 1,770 03-11-2010 01:20 PM
Last Post: tunafish
  A Plea To Software Developers jhmiller 0 1,647 01-04-2010 04:32 PM
Last Post: jhmiller
  Automounting from external html (+ISOs) - no software mod required. ?? (eg YAMJ skin) lordy 11 3,641 10-14-2009 10:31 PM
Last Post: lordy
  nmt community software installer on osx gabric098 24 12,682 10-04-2009 06:02 PM
Last Post: Ger Teunis
  What software can convert a BD rip to h.264 at 720p mrdenn1s 3 2,394 07-20-2009 10:36 AM
Last Post: mrdenn1s
  Software Installer Problems Ryu 3 2,514 07-06-2009 06:17 AM
  cant start FTP on A110 after use of NMT Comunity sw installer bod 20 8,789 06-01-2009 04:48 PM