Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread:
Thread Closed 
Desperate for help
01-23-2011, 05:55 AM
Desperate for help
I've posted a few threads lately, and I am no further along. I feel like giving up with this A-200. Everything was going ok until my PC crashed almost 2 weeks ago. I had Yamj working on my Vista PC. Now i have to use my Windows 7 laptop, and nothing is going well. I'm not a tech guy, so that's my first problem i guess. I can't seem to get YAMJ to work the way it did on my PC with Vista. Of course, my setup may be messed up. I had a friend help me with YAMJ on the Vista PC, since he was a pch user.
I have tried countless times to make YAMJ work, and spent so much time reading, and going around in circles.
My requests are the following...is there an easier jukebox available? Is there a way to put the media on the internal hard drive other than YAMJ? If so, where does it end up, since it will not be shown as a cd cover?
I have been obsessing about this for over a week, and it's starting to get under my skin big time.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
01-23-2011, 05:58 AM
RE: Desperate for help
first you need to post some more info. were are you files located what is the share path and what does your library file look like for yamj. can you access the files from the pch without yamj
01-23-2011, 06:23 AM
(01-23-2011 05:58 AM)halfelite Wrote:  first you need to post some more info. were are you files located what is the share path and what does your library file look like for yamj. can you access the files from the pch without yamj

Thank you for the quick response:
I can access my files through myihome. But they are very slow to play, and some don't play well.
I have my Z:Drive as my folder for media. Do I need to have the media in a different folder, elsewhere on the PC? The Z drive is my share location (I think) It says Network location...Share (\\PCH-A200) (ZSmile

That's all I have for you. I am really lost. Sorry
01-23-2011, 07:54 AM
if your files are located on the pch why are you using myihome?
01-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Huh
(01-23-2011 07:54 AM)halfelite Wrote:  if your files are located on the pch why are you using myihome?

only using myihome since YAMJ isn't working for me. I can't watch any new media, unless there is a way to transfer it to the PCH another way. BUt myihome is not working great. I can't get it to play a full movie right now. I am beyond frustrated.

I wonder if I should get a different media tank, since the PCH seems too advanced for my technical skills. Are there any other ones out there similar to the PCH, but more user friendly?

Thanks.
01-23-2011, 03:20 PM
I think the question was "Why are you using Myihome"?

myihome streams content from your PC to the PCH, so in your case, it's streaming from your PCH to your PC and then back to your PCH. No wonder it's not working for you.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-23-2011, 03:49 PM
You want simple and easy to use try movie flow http://www.indocomp.com/forums/index.php This link has the program is how to set it up. I have tried yamj and others and there just so time consuming and you need to do way to much. I like simple just hit one button after the intial setup and it builds it. And you will not find a faster program that builds your media I know I have most. Just a suggestion

Aquos 60" Led 3d Tv
Samsung 55" LED 7100 series
Samsung 58" Plasma
Denon AVR-1912
(1) A110 w/ 1 TB HDD
(2) A-200 w/ 1 TB HDD each
(1) C-200
ReadyNas nv 6 TB Ethernet hard wired
ReadyNas pro 12TB Ethernet Hard wired
01-23-2011, 04:06 PM
(01-23-2011 03:20 PM)Omertron Wrote:  I think the question was "Why are you using Myihome"?

myihome streams content from your PC to the PCH, so in your case, it's streaming from your PCH to your PC and then back to your PCH. No wonder it's not working for you.

I guess I didn't explain my answer properly Omerton. MY files are on my PC. I want to transfer them to my PCH, as I had done in the past with success through YAMJ, however there were some files that displayed the wrong skin, but it was usually pretty good. Now I have new media that I have on my PC, that I would like to transfer to the PCH. This is where my problem is. I cannot get it done properly, ever since I went to Windows 7. I have tried all the steps, even removing my firewalls, and set up a Z:drive as my map network drive. I don't know where my problem originates from though. I think it's in the YAMJ gui config area, but maybe notSo my media is not on the PCH that I am trying to get YAMJ working with...it's on the Laptop, which I wish to transfer to the PCH. I think I will unistall everything again, and re-install, see what happens. If I have no success, I may go rgollar's route with Movie Flow.

Thanks for the help, and advice.
01-23-2011, 04:30 PM
(01-23-2011 04:06 PM)Habsniners Wrote:  I guess I didn't explain my answer properly Omerton. MY files are on my PC. I want to transfer them to my PCH, as I had done in the past with success through YAMJ, however there were some files that displayed the wrong skin, but it was usually pretty good. Now I have new media that I have on my PC, that I would like to transfer to the PCH. This is where my problem is. I cannot get it done properly, ever since I went to Windows 7. I have tried all the steps, even removing my firewalls, and set up a Z:drive as my map network drive. I don't know where my problem originates from though. I think it's in the YAMJ gui config area, but maybe notSo my media is not on the PCH that I am trying to get YAMJ working with...it's on the Laptop, which I wish to transfer to the PCH. I think I will unistall everything again, and re-install, see what happens. If I have no success, I may go rgollar's route with Movie Flow.

Thanks for the help, and advice.

What do you mean by your "files?" Are you referring to the jukebox files which YAMJ generates, or your video files? If the former, you need to set your mjb.jukeboxRoot variable in your moviejukebox.properties file to point to your Z:\ drive. If the latter, you just need to copy your movie files to the Z:\ drive. Both of these answers assume that your Z:\ drive is the drive from your PCH which you have shared to be accessible on your PC.

YAYMan (Yet Another Yamj Manager)
Support Thread
01-23-2011, 04:56 PM
(01-23-2011 04:06 PM)Habsniners Wrote:  MY files are on my PC. I want to transfer them to my PCH, as I had done in the past with success through YAMJ, however there were some files that displayed the wrong skin, but it was usually pretty good. Now I have new media that I have on my PC, that I would like to transfer to the PCH.

I don't think you can move your movies with YAMJ. It will move the covers and fanart once its complete, but the movie will be left wherever it was when you started indexing.

Lets go back to basics:
Do you have a hard drive in your PCH?
Do you want to store all your movies on the PCH or on your PC?

You can do either, but defining what it is you are trying to achieve will be the best way to solve your problem and so far I don't quite get what it is you are trying to do.

Home Theatre: PCH C-200 > Epson 6500UB 1080p Projector
Living Room: PCH A-110 > Panasonic PT-X54 54" CRT Rear Projection
Family Room: PCH A-110 > Samsung 240HD 24" LCD

Nas backend (Movies): QNAP TS-439Pro w/ 5.5TB RAID5
MythTV backend (TV): HTPC w/ 1.5TB RAID5
01-23-2011, 10:33 PM
rgollar: Thank you for the suggestion of Movie Flow. Unfortunetely it doesn't open up properly with Wondows 7. I tried fixing it through the compatibilty setting, but Windows 7 was not available. i have downloaded and installed it 5 times, and always have the same problem; I do not see the tabs at the top of the page that you need to use to navigate through the program. I cannot get them to appear, no matter what I try. Thank you for the suggestion though, but I am having nothing but bad luck with this PCH right now. I tried turning of UAC in Windows 7, and that did not help. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my thread and provide a suggestion.

Nordin: By using the term "files", I mean my media that is saved to my PC, well laptop. My media is stored in the Z:Drive (movies, tv shows, music, photos and home videos). I was never able to play anything but movies and tv shows, but I was at least happy with that. You state "that your Z:\ drive is the drive from your PCH which you have shared to be accessible on your PC"...How do I know if I have succesfully done this? I'm thinking maybe this may be the issue???

1canuck2: I have a 1TB hard drive on my A-200 PCH. I want to store the movies on my PCH. I would like to be able to remove some at any given point, but that is not my concern just yet. I just want to be able to take whatever media file I have on my PC/Laptop, and send it to the PCH. I mean, at this point, I would be happy just being able to do that, and worry about the fanart and covers another time. I guess I would just need to ensure that I have the media files on my PC/Laptop when it came time to do the fanart transfer.

I hope that my explanations are of some help to you guys, so you can in turn help me figure this out. I will be needing another media tank in the near future, but I am wondering if there would be something better suited for myself, someone not that technical. It aggravates me that I did at one point have this running fairly well, until my Windows Vista PC crashed, and now I am stuck doing this with Windows 7 on my laptop.

Thank you everyone for your assistance. Much appreciated
01-24-2011, 12:04 AM
(01-23-2011 04:56 PM)1canuck2 Wrote:  I don't think you can move your movies with YAMJ. It will move the covers and fanart once its complete, but the movie will be left wherever it was when you started indexing.

Lets go back to basics:
Do you have a hard drive in your PCH?
Do you want to store all your movies on the PCH or on your PC?

You can do either, but defining what it is you are trying to achieve will be the best way to solve your problem and so far I don't quite get what it is you are trying to do.

1canuck2 is correct, we really have to go back to basics. I think you are confusing yourself a bit.
We really need to understand your setup better.

Is your PCH connected to a network?
Is your windows 7 machine connected to the same network?
Where is your media? Saying Z: drive does not exactly tell us where it is - Z: is just a mapped letter for a networked location. If you right click on the Z: drive in windows explorer does it have a network path at the top? If so what is it?
If you turn your PCH on, press the "source" button and use the left right keys to select the hard drive icon - do you see any files? If so that means they are located on the PCH hard drive.

Ideally what you want to set up is
The PCH drive mapped on your PC. You can then drag and drop or copy the files from your PC to the PCH internal hard drive.
You can then setup YAMJ program to run on your PC> It will scan the hard drive on your PCH and make a movie wall for you. That can come later - if you can answer the questions above.

PCH C-200 - No HDD - No Apps >>>> 100mb Network >>>> Synology DS-411J 4Tb >>>> Pioneer VSX-818V 5.1 surround via optical >>>> Sony Bravia W series 46"
Dali Speakers
PS3 (for BlueRay) via wireless
Calm Theme > Yamj > Music Jukebox 8.2

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"
01-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Hi Gustafarian,

Just a quick update. I uninstalled yamj, and re-installed it from scratch, and I honestly feel like I did every step.

Now for some answers to your questions:
Z drive was created when I did my Network Map Drive. When I right click it, it opens up a window that shows at teh very top of it; share (\\PCH-A200)(ZSmile Properties. Type: Network Drive, File System: NTFS.
In security tab, it has as Group or user names the following:
Everyone
nmt (unix Group\nmt)
NMT user (PCH-A200\nmt)

My media are all in that Z:drive, under Video folder, and a few sub-folders from there. I try to right click Video to share, but it doesn't give me that option.

I do have files on the PCH when I hit the Hard Drive tab on the source button. It is all the media that I had on before the crash, however I cannot transfer any new stuff since I have switched from Vista to Windows 7.

I see that my PCH is connected to 192.168.2.18. I don't know if that means anything, just the I.P. address I guess. I see the name of my laptop on my PCH in one of the areas, but it shows no media content on it when I select it.

Hope that helps you a bit, to help me. I feel so close to this finally...Big Grin
01-24-2011, 01:08 AM
(01-24-2011 12:44 AM)Habsniners Wrote:  Hi Gustafarian,

Just a quick update. I uninstalled yamj, and re-installed it from scratch, and I honestly feel like I did every step.

Now for some answers to your questions:
Z drive was created when I did my Network Map Drive. When I right click it, it opens up a window that shows at teh very top of it; share (\\PCH-A200)(ZSmile Properties. Type: Network Drive, File System: NTFS.
In security tab, it has as Group or user names the following:
Everyone
nmt (unix Group\nmt)
NMT user (PCH-A200\nmt)

My media are all in that Z:drive, under Video folder, and a few sub-folders from there. I try to right click Video to share, but it doesn't give me that option.

I do have files on the PCH when I hit the Hard Drive tab on the source button. It is all the media that I had on before the crash, however I cannot transfer any new stuff since I have switched from Vista to Windows 7.

I see that my PCH is connected to 192.168.2.18. I don't know if that means anything, just the I.P. address I guess. I see the name of my laptop on my PCH in one of the areas, but it shows no media content on it when I select it.

Hope that helps you a bit, to help me. I feel so close to this finally...Big Grin

that is a good start.
What do you mean that you cannot transfer new stuff? Are you trying to copy from your PC to drive "Z" ? What happens when you try to do that?

What you need to do with YAMJ is run the program on your PC, it will scan the hard drive on your PCH and make a jukebox on the PCH.

I recomend using the GUI tool for simplicity
http://mediaplayersite.com/YAMJ_GUI_Config
http://mediaplayersite.com/system/files/..._19014.zip

the settings should be:
location of Directory to scan - browse to drive Z: (and the sub directory where your videos are
My Videos are on "the NMT hard Disk" (note that if you have one Sata disk choose SATA_DISK)
location of where the jukebox is to be stored choose Z:
Choose add then Save choose your YAMJ location- this then creates My_YAMJ.cmd
Double click My_YAMJ.cmd to run yamj

PCH C-200 - No HDD - No Apps >>>> 100mb Network >>>> Synology DS-411J 4Tb >>>> Pioneer VSX-818V 5.1 surround via optical >>>> Sony Bravia W series 46"
Dali Speakers
PS3 (for BlueRay) via wireless
Calm Theme > Yamj > Music Jukebox 8.2

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"
01-24-2011, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2011 01:24 AM by Habsniners.)
Hi gustafarian,
I am able to put my media into the video folder of the z: drive, no problem. But it wont allow me to share that folder, i think. It's not transfering the new media in the video drive of the Z:drive...that's what is frustrating me so much these days. I'll try again and see what happens.
Thanks.
Hi gustafarian,
I am able to put my media into the video folder of the z: drive, no problem. But it wont allow me to share that folder, i think. How do i
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  YAMJ - A Desperate Plea For Help! NeilBo 1 848 01-16-2012 03:03 PM
Last Post: Omertron
  Desperate Help, PCH A210 QNAP TS219 NAS xioxxio 2 1,281 05-17-2011 12:36 AM
Last Post: xioxxio
  Desperate: Frustrated with Multiple drives jazzdude555 2 1,045 12-04-2009 10:52 PM
Last Post: DefBref
  Desperate newb: Where to place index.htm? jumleguf 11 2,751 03-26-2009 12:10 AM
Last Post: Stevie LA
  desperate naming isos for "friends" littlecharlie 2 1,458 02-27-2009 07:26 PM
Last Post: littlecharlie