Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
[A1xx/200/300/400*] CouchPotato/SickBeard
07-25-2011, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 04:36 PM by jhmiller.)
[A1xx/200/300/400*] CouchPotato/SickBeard
A-400 Version coming soon

I have released CouchPotato and SickBeard via the comunity software installer.

*Before installing either CouchPotato or SickBeard, you must first install the "local" package with C.S.I

I have been testing both programs on my C200 for a few months now and thought i would share these 2 great programs with who ever wants them.

About sickbeard.
Sick Beard is a PVR for newsgroup users (with limited torrent support). It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them. It currently supports NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, NZBs'R'Us, Bin-Req.com, and EZTV.it and retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com.

Features include:

* automatic episode downloads for torrents and NZBs
* XBMC library updates, poster/fanart downloads, and NFO/TBN generation
* renames episode files for any show (fix bad torrent names!)
* sends NZBs directly to SABnzbd,NZBget or watch folder, prioritizes and categorizes them properly
* available for any platform, uses simple HTTP interface
* can notify XBMC or use Growl to notify any Windows PC when new episodes are downloaded
* specials and double episode support

------------

So here's how it works:

First, you'll need to install via C.S.I, then log-in via it's web interface (pch-ip:8081)

Once you log-in you'll see a few option that you can select.

The first thing you're going to want to do is configure SB to do it's thing.

Config Options:

General

1. Tell it what port to listen on and what login to use for the web interface.

2. Create Meta Data & Images.

3. Episode Naming: I chose "include show name" and "include episode name". I use dashes (-) and the format (S01E01) for mine. This is personal preference though.

4. For quality I use "Custom" and then choose "720p TV" and "720p WEB-DL". I leave the second box empty (since I only want the show downloaded once) and I select the check box for "use season folders".

Episode Downloads:

1. Episode Search: NZB (duh)

2. NZB Options: Found NZBs go to SABnzbd,NZBget or blackhole(folder)

3. Retention = 600

4. Enter your SABnzbd,NZBget server info or your folder location

5. Fill in TV download directory, where your Tv shows reside now.

6. Check "rename episodes" and leave the other two boxes unchecked.

Search providers:

1. Fill in your credentials for the providers you use (I use NZBMatrix.com and NZBs.org) Be sure to set the look-up order on the left.

Notifications:

I do not use any notifications, but you can setup notifications for XBMC, Plex Media Server, Growl, Twitter, Prowl, Notifo, Libnotify, Synology Indexer or even NMJ, this will make NMJ on your popcorn hour update with the new Films/Tv you just downloaded. I dont use NMJ so cant expand on this any more.

Once you've got it all configured, now comes the fun part.

How to use SickBeard:

1. Click "Add Show" on the homepage.

If you're like me you have all your TV shows in folders with the structure "TV SHOW --> Season X --> File. "File" being the actual show. (If you don't have this setup, you should do that now. Don't worry about naming all your files though.)

If this is how your stuff is setup, use the second option on the "Add Show" screen. SickBeard will scan your folder and use the folder names in that folder to try and find the corresponding show on theTVDB.com, if it finds it, it will add it. If it's not sure it will ask you to verify.

After it's gone through all that, it will start searching theTVDB.com for all your shows to pull down all the episode information (title, air date, etc). It will automatically mark all the shows that have aired as "skipped". Then it will just wait for the un-aired shows to air, at which time it will start it's search, download them, etc.

To see a list of coming episodes, just click the button for it at the top of the page.

If all you're looking to do is download the next current episodes, you're done. You can walk away. SABnzbdor NZBget and SickBeard will take it from here. Go have a coke and a smile and enjoy your TV shows.

----------------------

Renaming current files:

When you added the directory for your shows, one of the things SickBeard did was scan that directory to see if you had any of the shows. It looked for things like the title of the show or "S01E01" or "1x01", etc.

If you know you have the shows, but it didn't find them. Check that it's named in a way that sickbeard can recognize and that you have them in the proper season folder. Then go back and hit the "re-scan" button. It will re-scan and find the files.

Here's the cool part. Once it finds the files, you can simply click "rename episodes" at the top and it will automatically rename all your files with the naming convention you chose in the configs.

For example, it will rename:

"the.big.bang.theory-1x02-720p-htdv-fqm.mkv"

to

The Big Bang Theory - S01E02 - The Big Bran Hypothesis.mkv

It will do this for all the episodes in one fell swoop. This is handy because now XBMC will be able to recognize it and pull in all the data without issue.

----------------------------

Getting old episodes:

If you want to get episodes for a series or season that's currently marked as "skipped" all you have to do is click the check box and change it to "wanted".

Then whenever it does a "backlog" search, it will try to find these episodes for you.

You can manually trigger a backlog search by clicking "manage shows" then "manage searches" then "force" on the backlog search option.

Once it finds the files it will send them to SABnzbd for processing, yadda yadda.

------------------------

Some cool features:

Shows by date:

Some shows don't usually get listed by their season and episode number, such as "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart", "The Colbert Report", or "The Tonight Show", etc. These shows are usually listed by their air date. SickBeard knows how to handle them :-)

Show specific quality settings:

Some shows like "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" don't always get posted in HD (or at least not right away). You can click the "edit" button and set that show only to also include "SD TV" as one of it's quality settings to search for.

Single Episode Search:

Next to each episode listed it has a "search" button. If you just want this one show, you can click that button and it will search your nzb index sites just for that show instead of doing an entire backlog search.

SickBeard has many other options and features, but I hope this hit the high points. Bottom line, it's the best there is.

About couchpotato.

So what does CouchPotato exactly do? Well it kinda does the same as Sick Beard but for movies. Get it? No? You can add movies to it’s “wanted” list. It then searches for them at the usual spots (added in your settings) and sends them to SABnzbd,NZBget or a folder of choice. It also searches for better qualities when they come available and replaces the old one. So imagine this example: You’ve added a movie, the DVD-rip comes available, CouchPotato downloads it, after some time(this can be changed) CouchPotato checks again, the Blu-Ray rip comes available and sends it to SABnzbd,NZBget or a folder of choice.

Features:

Automatic downloading and sending of NZBs to SABnzbd,NZBget or a folder of choice Automatic downloading of .torrent files to a specified folder
Easy adding movies via IMDB UserScript
Movie sorting & renaming
Trailer downloading
Quality options to download best available. Overwrite if better is found. (See settings)
Support for NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, Newznab.com and ThePirateBay

[Image: blog_couchpotato_screen.png]

PLEASE NOTE once installed, the web gui will tell you if there is an update. All you then have to do is click the update now link. DO NOT attempt to update via csi or you may loose your settings.

Once installed you will then need to tell it what newsgroup client you use for downloading (SABnzbd or NZBget) or an nzb watch folder.

Next is providers, you can choose from Newzbin,NZBMatrix.com,NZBs.org,NZBsRus.com or from any nzb site that uses Newznab to produce a list of nzbs(nzb.su for example)

Next is quality, you can set up more then 1 quality profile.
[Image: Screenshot.png?anon_token=]

In the above example CP will download a cam,telesync,r5,screener and then 720p. If it see's a cam it will wait a set amount of days, if none of the other qualitys apear in this time it will download the cam, if another quality does apear it will move to the next quality and repeat as above. Cp will continue looking for better quality untill it downloads a file that you have said is a "finish" quality, in this case 720P.

CP also has the option to auto add films to your list, this is done via it IMDB rating and year. It will add films from what ever year you setup as a start year and that match or are higher then the IMDB rating you give it.

Problems
If you need any help setting up either of these two great apps, just post here and myself or other users would be happy to help.
Make sure you say what device you have and include the output from the .daemonresults and .setupresults files located in the relevant folder.
The . at the front means these are hidden files so you must enable "show hidden files/folders" in what ever o/s you are using.

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 19 users say Thank You to jhmiller for this post
07-26-2011, 07:24 PM
RE: CouchPotato/SickBeard
Hi jhmiller and thank you,

However I can't install couchpotato

Found hardware type: Popcorn Hour C200
Found hardware type: Popcorn Hour C200

Application Initializer version 1.13
---------------------------------------
Checking for new version: up to date
Checking Application Initializer profile: Valid
Can't find file.

It worked for sickbeard

Thanks
07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
(07-26-2011 07:24 PM)meskaya Wrote:  Application Initializer version 1.13
---------------------------------------
Checking for new version: up to date
Checking Application Initializer profile: Valid
Can't find file.

Wanting that Sick Bears for quite a while now. Looks perfect. Thanks!!!!

Same here with installing the potato...
07-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Getting the following error in my ErrorLog.csv:

Code:
29-11-2010 22:25:53;Error;FTP connection test failed with:;The remote server returned an error: (530) Not logged in.;   at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.SyncRequestCallback(Object obj) -    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.RequestCallback(Object obj) -    at System.Net.CommandStream.InvokeRequestCallback(Object obj) -    at System.Net.CommandStream.Abort(Exception e) -    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.FinishRequestStage(RequestStage stage) -    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.GetResponse() -    at com.nmtinstaller.csi.Utilities.FtpCommands.TestFTPserver(String server, String username, String password) in F:\Ger Data\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\NMTApplicationInstaller\trunk\Utilities\FtpCommands.cs:line 228
29-11-2010 22:25:54;Warning;FTP test failed. Error while trying to connect to the FTP server.

It seems like there is a reference to a non-existing command file.
07-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Sorry guys, will check again the setup for CP and reupload.

(07-26-2011 09:44 PM)IdunnO Wrote:  Getting the following error in my ErrorLog.csv:

Code:
29-11-2010 22:25:53;Error;FTP connection test failed with:;The remote server returned an error: (530) Not logged in.;   at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.SyncRequestCallback(Object obj) -    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.RequestCallback(Object obj) -    at System.Net.CommandStream.InvokeRequestCallback(Object obj) -    at System.Net.CommandStream.Abort(Exception e) -    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.FinishRequestStage(RequestStage stage) -    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.GetResponse() -    at com.nmtinstaller.csi.Utilities.FtpCommands.TestFTPserver(String server, String username, String password) in F:\Ger Data\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\NMTApplicationInstaller\trunk\Utilities\FtpCommands.cs:line 228
29-11-2010 22:25:54;Warning;FTP test failed. Error while trying to connect to the FTP server.

It seems like there is a reference to a non-existing command file.

Is that an error from the CP setup or from using SB?

07-27-2011, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2011 12:11 AM by IdunnO.)
That's OK jhmiller ... We should be grateful you're taking the time and effort making them available at all!

It's an error from the CSI installer. A csv file in the CSI installer folder...
07-27-2011, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2011 08:56 AM by jhmiller.)
Sorry guys i cant track down the problem. The zip file works fine when i manualy install it but does not when i download it via C.S.I

CouchPotato is now working with C.S.I (stupid typo)

07-27-2011, 09:08 AM
(07-27-2011 01:19 AM)jhmiller Wrote:  CouchPotato is now working with C.S.I (stupid typo)

Works like a charm now! Thanks!!
07-27-2011, 09:54 PM
It's perfect Big Grin

Thanks
07-29-2011, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2011 12:00 AM by smoothpopcorn.)
Anyone get these working on an A200/A210 yet. I gave it a try on my A200, installed all the dependencies but am having no luck.
07-29-2011, 12:17 AM
It should work with A200/A210.

I take it you have the "local" package installed?

Does it create a folder in Apps called couchpotato? if it does, is there a file called ".daemonresult"? if yes, could you paste whats it says here.

When you say no luck, do you mean connecting to their web interfaces? does C.S.I say they are installed?

Miller

07-29-2011, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2011 01:07 AM by smoothpopcorn.)
Yep CSI shows it is installed and the webpage is not coming up. Here output of the daemonresults file:

local is installed
Downloading http://sourceforge.net/projects/c200ipkg/files/Packages
Updated list of available packages in /share/Apps/local/lib/ipkg/lists/c200local
Downloading http://c200ports.googlecode.com/files/Packages
Updated list of available packages in /share/Apps/local/lib/ipkg/lists/c200ports
Successfully terminated.
python2.7 is installed
git is installed
Nothing to be done
An error ocurred, return value: 4.
Collected errors:
Cannot find package gcc.
Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
expat is installed
couchpotato is installed
./daemon.sh: line 56: dev/null: No such file or directory
CouchPotato.py is not running, Starting processes
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py", line 234, in <module>
server_start()
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py", line 102, in server_start
initDb()
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/app/config/db.py", line 234, in initDb
metadata.create_all()
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/schema.py", line 2147, in create_all
bind.create(self, checkfirst=checkfirst, tables=tables)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1698, in create
connection=connection, **kwargs)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1740, in _run_visitor
**kwargs).traverse_single(element)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/sql/visitors.py", line 77, in traverse_single
return meth(obj, **kw)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/ddl.py", line 42, in visit_metadata
self.traverse_single(table, create_ok=True)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/sql/visitors.py", line 77, in traverse_single
return meth(obj, **kw)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/ddl.py", line 58, in visit_table
self.connection.execute(schema.CreateTable(table))
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1191, in execute
params)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1244, in _execute_ddl
return self.__execute_context(context)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1302, in __execute_context
context.parameters[0], context=context)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1401, in _cursor_execute
context)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1394, in _cursor_execute
context)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 299, in do_execute
cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (OperationalError) table "DbVersion" already exists u'\nCREATE TABLE "DbVersion" (\n\tversion INTEGER NOT NULL, \n\tPRIMARY KEY (version)\n)\n\n' ()
CreateTable(table))
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1191, in execute
params)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1244, in _execute_ddl
return self.__execute_context(context)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1302, in __execute_context
context.parameters[0], context=context)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1401, in _cursor_execute
context)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1394, in _cursor_execute
context)
File "/share/Apps/couchpotato/library/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 299, in do_execute
cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (OperationalError) table "QualityTemplate" already exists u'\nCREATE TABLE "QualityTemplate" (\n\tid INTEGER NOT NULL, \n\tname INTEGER, \n\tlabel VARCHAR, \n\t"order" INTEGER, \n\t"waitFor" INTEGER, \n\tcustom BOOLEAN, \n\t"default" BOOLEAN, \n\tPRIMARY KEY (id), \n\tCHECK ("default" IN (0, 1)), \n\tCHECK (custom IN (0, 1)), \n\tUNIQUE (name)\n)\n\n' ()
07-29-2011, 01:11 AM
The setup cant find gcc, it should as it does for myself and others.

You could try installing gcc-4.4 this may have been an update to the other gcc.

You can install it using putty "ipkg install gcc-4.4", by using the web interface http://pch-ip:9999/local_web/, or by editing the daemon.sh file and changing the line to get gcc to "gcc-4.4"

ipkg install gcc

to

ipkg install gcc-4.4

Then restart your pch and should be ok. I will try and find out whats wrong with gcc and if this 4.4 is its replacement.

Miller

07-29-2011, 01:14 AM
Ah ha, install gcc via ipkg and its up and working.
07-29-2011, 01:19 AM
The script should of installed it, strange that you found it doing a manual install and the script could not.

I'll see if i can fix it so the script installs gcc for others who may get this issue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question [400] Sickbeard and subtitles noodles101 0 64 Yesterday 07:53 PM
Last Post: noodles101
  [200/300] CouchPotato V2 jhmiller 179 54,682 04-07-2014 11:11 PM
Last Post: nomit
  Sickbeard not snatching, no toggle buttons against episodes wanstronian 0 570 03-01-2014 10:08 AM
Last Post: wanstronian
  SickBeard vs. TorrentWatchX divine 17 1,533 02-10-2014 02:23 PM
Last Post: divine
  couchpotato on B110 mikie8 0 815 08-05-2013 11:20 AM
Last Post: mikie8
  Couchpotato v2 with NMJv2 support? sskankin 0 1,077 05-30-2013 08:34 PM
Last Post: sskankin
Sad A-400 lost SMB connection after sickbeard add new series. aheukels 0 1,294 05-15-2013 09:37 AM
Last Post: aheukels
  sickbeard and download folder help! naboull1 1 1,485 05-11-2013 06:41 PM
Last Post: naboull1
  SickBeard+SABnzbd+Astraweb jigax 2 2,490 04-19-2013 08:05 PM
Last Post: juan587
Exclamation [A1xx/200/300] CSI packages jhmiller NaaN 32 10,133 02-21-2013 01:15 PM
Last Post: jhmiller