Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread:
Force info overwrite
02-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Force info overwrite
Hi!
I'm trying to do an overwrite of the XMLs of my YAMJ database.
r2939 fixed a bug with the Genre scraping, so I'd like to recheck my whole collection to get all genres.
The problem is I can't get YAMJ to _ONLY_ recheck movie info.

I tried that:
mjb.forceXMLOverwrite=true
This also redownloads a whole bunch of movie posters for no reason. This would give me a shitload of work, because different posters are downloaded this time, with some not fitting (texts on it etc.).
I also tried deleting just the .xml Files in the YAMJ folder. This gives the exact same result, it also redownloads all movie posters.

Is there a way to only make YAMJ recheck the info of a movie collection and _NOT_ any pictures?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 10:06 PM by accident.)
RE: Force info overwrite
overwriting the xml is the same as deleting the xml.. so if overwriting isn't working, sort the jukebox folder by type, highlight all the xml files and delete them.. leave teh artwork it will use it on the rescan speeding it up, unless you want to get new artwork also
02-12-2012, 10:18 PM
(02-12-2012 10:06 PM)accident Wrote:  overwriting the xml is the same as deleting the xml.. so if overwriting isn't working, sort the jukebox folder by type, highlight all the xml files and delete them.. leave teh artwork it will use it on the rescan speeding it up, unless you want to get new artwork also
That doesn't work, I already wrote I tried that. YAMJ still redownloads the movie posters. You can try it yourself Smile
02-13-2012, 03:22 AM
but it doesn't redownload everything so there's still a speed up
02-13-2012, 05:44 PM
But shouldn't it be keeping the posters that are currently stored in the YAMJ folder?
There is an extra setting:
mjb.forcePostersOverwrite

Why should mjb.forceXMLOverwrite ALSO overwrite the posters, if there is an extra option for that? Could that be a bug?

There must be a way to keep my posters, while still getting the right genres.
02-14-2012, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2012 05:07 AM by accident.)
actually, it shouldn't be keeping anything.. you asking it to overwrite all the information.. keeping everything but the poster is actualyl a bug.. there's no way for yamj to know that any of the artwork isn't a fake/placeholder/dummy image... Also it has no way to know that you aren't replacing the info because it was a misdetected title.. in that case all the artwork is wrong..

Quote:There must be a way to keep my posters, while still getting the right genres.

Stop putting them in the jukebox folder. They belong in your media collection if you want to keep them. Either with your media files properly named or use the artwork folder options to have them in 1 place and compatible with other software in case you decide to stop using yamj some day. What you want is possible, your just not using the jukebox as it's intended which is a temporary current copy of everything needed to work on your tv screen.
02-14-2012, 03:12 PM
(02-14-2012 12:54 AM)accident Wrote:  [...]
Stop putting them in the jukebox folder. They belong in your media collection if you want to keep them. Either with your media files properly named or use the artwork folder options to have them in 1 place and compatible with other software in case you decide to stop using yamj some day. What you want is possible, your just not using the jukebox as it's intended which is a temporary current copy of everything needed to work on your tv screen.
I think you misunderstood me here. Of course I keep the posters in the same folder as my media but only if I changed them. After the first YAMJ run I only changed the ones that weren't fitting, so I'd say I have about 50% of the posters in my media collection, but 50% were scraped by YAMJ and fitted already, so those are of course not in my media collection.
So the only way to not lose any of the current posters is to copy those files from the YAMJ folder to the media folders? If so, is there an option for YAMJ to do this automatically? My media is in different folders, so it'd also be a huge amount of work to find the corresponding folders for the artworks. Otherwise I could just do that by using a batch script I guess.
02-14-2012, 03:49 PM
There is no option to do that. However, copy the files into a folder within the library search path and they'll be picked up (as long as they match the filename, which they should do if they come from the Jukebox folder)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
(02-14-2012 03:49 PM)Omertron Wrote:  There is no option to do that. However, copy the files into a folder within the library search path and they'll be picked up (as long as they match the filename, which they should do if they come from the Jukebox folder)
Oh cool, I thought they'd have to be in the same folder as the file itself. Is this the same for nfos?
So I could basically just use an extra folder (within the search path of course), where I store all nfos/etc.?
02-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Yes, it's an unintended side effect of a code change I did a while back.

It should work for any additional file that matches the filename. You can't use it for foldername.* files, but filenames *should* be ok.

02-14-2012, 04:49 PM
(02-14-2012 04:33 PM)Omertron Wrote:  Yes, it's an unintended side effect of a code change I did a while back.

It should work for any additional file that matches the filename. You can't use it for foldername.* files, but filenames *should* be ok.
So, is this going to stay that way or are you going to revert it to the old behavior? I think this is a good thing actually Smile

Just to let everyone know (I hate it when you're searching for things via Google and the person who asked the question didn't post the solution for his problem):
I managed to get all the posters from the YAMJ folder by using robocopy with this command:
robocopy [SOURCEJUKEBOXFOLDER] [DESTINATIONPOSTERFOLDER] *.jpg /XF *.fanart.jpg *.banner.jpg *.videoimage.jpg
02-15-2012, 08:43 AM
I intend it to stay in some form or other, i want to add the ability to store the folder outside the library as well

04-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm pushing this thread because the way it works has changed by now. I updated from r3009 to r3033 and now it completely ignores the folder with the corresponding posters.
Is there a new property to make it read that folder again? I'd otherwise have to sort the posters into individual folders which would be a pain in the ass.

Side note: my rating category is sorted the wrong way (same bug in r3009). Is there also a new property for that? Now it starts with the lowest rated movies and the highest rated are at the end.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [YAMJ] Any way to force 3D cover instead of BLURAY cover Ander 4 1,357 01-03-2014 10:19 PM
Last Post: Ander
  info cmd mornon 1 218 01-02-2014 11:15 AM
Last Post: Omertron
  [YAMJ] Crash OutofMemoryError Java cause of NO media info ?? Ander 3 488 12-24-2013 02:08 PM
  [YAMJ] Overwrite old images Midget 2 309 12-23-2013 07:34 AM
Last Post: Midget
  yamj eversion evhell boxset info needed pace508 18 1,263 12-14-2013 01:02 PM
Last Post: pace508
  [YAMJ] Force YAMJ treat file as Movie not Serie Ander 5 668 12-13-2013 03:22 PM
  Scrap info from myanimelist.net DMH2000 6 496 12-11-2013 01:47 AM
Last Post: DMH2000
  [YAMJ] Failed to get movie info: Unexpected character jomuir 2 588 12-04-2013 03:18 PM
Last Post: jomuir
  [YAMJ] AEON Wall Missing Video/Audio file Info Mooredownunder 15 1,361 12-01-2013 11:50 PM
Last Post: Mooredownunder
  [YAMJ] fanart and videoimage info pace508 4 470 10-17-2013 02:09 PM
Last Post: Omertron