Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread:
ALL in 3 !! (TestCollection, TestJukebox, TestYAMJ/Eversion0160/evZap/Legion)
02-29-2012, 05:01 PM
RE: ALL in 3 !! (TestCollection, TestJukebox, TestYAMJ/Eversion0160/evZap/Legion)
ok Allen.am gonna wait for your new TESTJUKEBOX before i try out.

question - once we know which skin we want to go with, we just need to point the settings file to that skin?

looking forward to it and thanks for all the effort of putting it together.

Samsung UE32B7020, Yamaha RX-V3900 , SKY+ HD ,Popcorn Hour C-200, Qnap TS-410, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360, Wii, Bose Acoustimass 15, Logitech Harmony 1000 and RF Extender
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-29-2012, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 05:26 PM by Legion455.)
RE: ALL in 3 !! (TestCollection, TestJukebox, TestYAMJ/Eversion0160/evZap/Legion)
Good Question, young man!!!

Let's see,...
1. Use the TESTJUKEBOX to explore the 10 or more different skin setups.

2. Once you've found a "version" you like (using my Start files... )

IF it's evZap,... then just copy the settings.xml file in the evZap folder over to the TESTYAMJ2960 ... evZap folder, and you're all set.

IF it's the default eversion evstreamed you like,... then you'll need to copy the \Jukebox\eversion\settings\esettings.xml file over to the TESTYAMJ2960 eversion\interface\eversion\settings folder

If it's either terraNova or evHell,.... then you'll need to copy the esettings file over,... plus edit the "settings.xml" file to select your options for those skins.

=======================
Edit: hmmmm, you just gave me a thought,... maybe I'll also put "Select SKIN entries" in the TEST YAMJ2960 which will also make it easy to setup YAMJ for whichever skin you want to use!! Good idea!!!!

so, you might have to re-download the TESTYAMJ tonight as well. Smile

(02-29-2012 05:01 PM)litfoo Wrote:  ok Allen.am gonna wait for your new TESTJUKEBOX before i try out.

question - once we know which skin we want to go with, we just need to point the settings file to that skin?

looking forward to it and thanks for all the effort of putting it together.

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
Eversion, evZap, w/ My Overlays Part#1,Part#2,Part#3,Part#4 Cast/Crew Filmography
02-29-2012, 05:40 PM
OK Allen,

let me know when all ready and I will download them all.

I guess we want to make this AIO thread as clean as possible too. So everyone can follow and not get confused.

Samsung UE32B7020, Yamaha RX-V3900 , SKY+ HD ,Popcorn Hour C-200, Qnap TS-410, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360, Wii, Bose Acoustimass 15, Logitech Harmony 1000 and RF Extender
02-29-2012, 08:19 PM
UPDATED!!!

To allow for more optiions:

eversion evstreamed, evzap Zapitti, plus terraNOVA and evHell!!

see 1st post!

Enjoy your movies!!

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
Eversion, evZap, w/ My Overlays Part#1,Part#2,Part#3,Part#4 Cast/Crew Filmography
02-29-2012, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 11:06 PM by Legion455.)
If you're running the demos, and can't see the new IMDB Top250 on the legion2 demo. You'll need to grab this new legion2.eskin and copy to the eskin/code folder.

http://www.treasure-cove.net/legion2.eskin
Right-Click, Save-as

I'll have this in the big files above in a moment.

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
02-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Am having problems downloading the latest TESTJUKEBOX amd TEST YAMJ-2962 Allen

I get 'Invalid or Deleted File' for both

You in the process of updating the links?

02-29-2012, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 11:25 PM by Legion455.)
Go for it,.... just updated,.... one file was bad Sad

By the way, let me know if something isn't working right,... and I'll try and correct. I really want this to be a nice way for newbies to check out all the eversion skins!!

(02-29-2012 11:15 PM)litfoo Wrote:  Am having problems downloading the latest TESTJUKEBOX amd TEST YAMJ-2962 Allen

I get 'Invalid or Deleted File' for both

You in the process of updating the links?

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
03-01-2012, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 12:11 AM by litfoo.)
Allen,

Great work. I have managed to download

double clicked on the Start_legion2.cmd and the managed to load up the index.htm file - worked like a charm

then i double cliked on the Start_terraNOVA.cmd file , came out of the folder and then tried the index.htm file again

it still loaded the evZap but not the terraNOVA

what am I doing wrong?

thanks

litfoo

03-01-2012, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 01:07 AM by Legion455.)
uhhhh,... well, let's see.

First of all, you do not click on any HTML file at all.

When you click on the Start_terraNOVA.cmd it should run the terraNova skin right off. (you need not do anything else)

This isn't html anymore,.... and "Dorothy, you're NOT in Kansas anymore either!!" Big Grin

If you read a few posts above, another guy had
a problem running the skins too,... but it was a file association with flash programs.
Maybe this is your problem as well.

Check it out and LMK.

thanks. and sorry you're having trouble,.

I found the issue after a little digging, swf files were not by default set to open in a browser. I went into Jukebox/eversion and right clicked player.swf and associated it with my browser and now the cmd files work.

(03-01-2012 12:05 AM)litfoo Wrote:  Allen,

Great work. I have managed to download

double clicked on the Start_legion2.cmd and the managed to load up the index.htm file - worked like a charm

then i double cliked on the Start_terraNOVA.cmd file , came out of the folder and then tried the index.htm file again

it still loaded the evZap but not the terraNOVA

what am I doing wrong?

thanks

litfoo

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 02:14 PM by Nomadski.)
I really want to thank you for your effort with this Legion. This site is great and all but generally caters for the more techy minded, sometimes feel really daft posting questions. Its nice to see something for the tech mortals among us who can get as far as clicking one file before giving up!

Quick question, when there are new releases of YAMJ, or Legion or Eversion, which files from your JAMJ package get overwritten? Is there something to rename from default so it doesn't get overwritten? My skin of preference is evZap /w Legion2.

I ask this for longevity, the ONLY JAMJ I have been able to ever work and update on my A300 is the bog standard YAMJ with Eversion AIO. Whenever I have tried "clever" stuff like other eskins, JAMJ simply doesn't work (wont ever complete scan).
03-01-2012, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 04:35 PM by Legion455.)
Updating shouldn't be any problem ...

Here's how I would update YAMJ2962-Test.

1. Browse to your YAMJ2962-Test folder
2. Delete the subfolder "lib"
3. Download and unzip the new version of YAMJ, and extract it right in the YAMJ2962-Test folder ... overwriting ALL files.
4. Rename your YAMJ2962-Test folder to reflect the new update,... ie name it,.. YAMJ2970-Test ... or whatever version you are updating too.

None of your IMPORTANT properties files will be overwritten. Your important files are:
1. moviejukebox.properties (inside the main YAMJ2962-Test folder.) This file is the one you use to make all of your changes as to how & what YAMJ does for you.... and, updating YAMJ will never overwrite this file.
NEVER, NEVER, this means YOU! Wink go into a subfolder called "properties" and change any files in there ... because if you do,... the next time you update YAMJ, "those files" get overwritten. ... and your f**ked! Sad So, as long as you ONLY change files immediately inside the main YAMJ2962-Test .... you're good to go!!!

2. genres-Shope.xml (my last name)
3. categories-Shope.xml (my last name)

2. and 3. genres and categories. When you get some experience under your belt, you can come back and edit these files,... but for a newbie, leave these alone ... you'll have a nice jukebox, even if you never edit these files

4. MY_YAMJ.cmd
5. MY_Library.xml

4. and 5. These files tell YAMJ a). where to put the output jukebox, and b). where exactly is your library located. and c) how to setup your popcorns 'player-path' so that it can play your movie when you press ENTER with your remote.

As far as setting up YAMJ to use a particular eskin,... all you have to do is run one of the useSKINxxx.cmd files, and everything is set for you.

You need do nothing else. Ok, so ... let's say you don't want the Weather page to show what the weather is in my home town. If you browse to skins/eversion/eskins you'll see folders for all of the different eskins,... evHell, terraNOVA, evZap, evstreamed,..etc...

Inside each of those eskin folders is a file named settings.xml THIS is the file you edit in order to change how/what that eskin does and displays for you.

From this point on, you'll need to read up on each skin to figure out how to change the settings.xml file to make the eskin display how you want it to!!!!!

hope this helps!

P.S. to play it safe, the next time you want to change something,... just make a post here... and someone will try and guide you thru it,.. to make sure you edit it correctly,... then after a few of these, you should be "cookin in the kitchen all by yourself!!!" Smile

(03-01-2012 02:10 PM)Nomadski Wrote:  I really want to thank you for your effort with this Legion. This site is great and all but generally caters for the more techy minded, sometimes feel really daft posting questions. Its nice to see something for the tech mortals among us who can get as far as clicking one file before giving up!

Quick question, when there are new releases of YAMJ, or Legion or Eversion, which files from your JAMJ package get overwritten? Is there something to rename from default so it doesn't get overwritten? My skin of preference is evZap /w Legion2.

I ask this for longevity, the ONLY JAMJ I have been able to ever work and update on my A300 is the bog standard YAMJ with Eversion AIO. Whenever I have tried "clever" stuff like other eskins, JAMJ simply doesn't work (wont ever complete scan).

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Legion455 for this post
03-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Will bookmark this thread for future reference. As ever, thanks. Smile
03-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Sorry Allen,

Am a little confused

I un-rar'd the Test Jukebox to the root of my C-200

should I be double-clicking on the Start.cmd files there and previewing the skin on my TV from the internal HDD of the C-200

or should I be previewing the skin on a web browser (i.e. Google Chrome)

I associated my .swf files with Google Chrome, double clicked on the start.cmd files and it just loaded file://pch-c200/share/TestJukebox/Jukebox/eversion/player.swf - a blank green screen appeared

03-02-2012, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 01:19 AM by Legion455.)
You can see and run the TestJukeboxes BOTH on your PC and your NMT. Okey doke, let's back up a bit....

Forget about your C-200 for now ...
One of the main reasons for having a TestJukebox,... is to quickly "preview" (and make changes) the different eskins that are available, on your PC, and decide which one you want to use.

Sooooo, un-rar the TestJukebox to a hard drive on your PC. Then just browse into the TestJukebox folder, Dbl-Click on one of the Startxxx.cmd files,... and the Jukebox should load up on your WebBrowser, .. IE or Google. on your PCs Display. You then can use the arrow keys to manuever around in each skin to see how you like it. If this ain't happening for you...... "Houston , we HAVE a problem!!" Both IE and Chrome will run the FLASH Eversion.swf file just fine. If not, then... well, you did something wrong. I have Win7 64bit ... and both IE and Chrome, that I'm now using run the Flash Jukeboxes just fine. Maybe some of the resident Flash experts can chime in and get you running.

NOW, .. you ALSO can run the TestJukeboxes on your C-200 as well. Let's say that you have an internal hard drive in your C-200 and you have it mapped as hard drive X:\ on your PC ...
Un-Rar the TestJukebox to root folder of X:\
The Dbl-Click on one of the Startxxx.cmd files to "setup that eskin" (of course this will cause the testjukebox to start to run on your PC,... so just EXIT out of that.) Then have your C-200 run the index.htm and I think it should launch the TestJukebox for you. (It's been awhile since I had a C-200, so I forget if I just ran the index.htm or had to loadup a flash-based app like on the A-300) you should now see the TestJukebox run on your TV set, and use the Popcorn remote to maneuver around and test out the eskin. (you then can run a different Startxxx.cmd to test out another eskin)

My best advice,... get the Testjukeboxes up and running on your PCs display first, then you can try running them on your Popcorn Hour.

hope this helps.

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
03-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Wonder if you had any ideas with my issue Legion.

Had initial issues getting YAMJ to not freeze, added a few lines in the moviejukebox.properties file -

mjb.showMemory=true
mjb.MaxDownloadSlots=.*=2,.*imdb.*=3,.*=5,.*yahoo.*=5,.*themoviedb.*=3,.??*thetv​db.*=2,.*apple.*=1

This got the scan to complete on the second attempt, but when I went to try the jukebox on the popcorn, when it tried to load I got a

"error 0 in load.eskin"

I know load.eskin exists in the evzap/code/ folder but wonder if you've come across this before?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [FLASH SKIN] evZap! 1.2.1 (Updated: 29.04.12) safran64 747 157,540 03-21-2014 03:57 PM
Last Post: shengabpy
  [FLASH SKIN] Legion's Overlays and Mods for evZap! (02/27 update) Legion455 311 82,371 01-02-2014 10:18 PM
Last Post: grimmace92
  [FLASH SKIN] people MOD for evZap v1.2.1 jluc2808 49 9,541 04-30-2013 11:15 PM
Last Post: jluc2808