Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Index.html] NMT Index - Kdoske NMT Customizer v0.3.7.exe - Windows Index Creator
10-27-2008, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2010 03:58 AM by Kdoske.)
Brick [Index.html] NMT Index - Kdoske NMT Customizer v0.3.7.exe - Windows Index Creator
-
The Icon templates can be found in the program itself on the file menu labeled "Icon Templates"
If you create a new icon with the PSD templates make sure to upload it here to share with the community.

Current News:

V0.3.7 Now Available
Download Here.

08OCT09:
It would appear that my house was struck by lightning. The power surge destroyed a microwave, TV in the bedroom, and yep--my brand new c200! They are all completely destroyed beyond repair. Unfortunately for me my C200 was connected to a very old power surge protector and although it advertises a $250,000 guarantee I am very doubtful I will ever see my compensation, lol. Sadly to say I am probably not going to get another c200 for a while. I'm just gonna plug in my old NMT and use that for a while. Because of these fact I'm afraid there won't be an update for some time. I appreciate everyone's support during this project and I hope my program will still be of use to all.

09SEP09:
My C200 arrived today so I will begin testing soon

07JUL09:
This new realease fixed a couple of things and added a couple new features as well. As always if there are any problems with this release or if you have an idea for the next release make sure to post them in the forum.

New Additions:
  • Added SD Display support
  • Added reflection in large icon templates
  • Added an NMTSERVER to the pull down for 'link to'
  • Added a new File/HTTP button on the Icon Edit menu to toggle between the two in the 'link to' line
  • hidden link - added instructions on how to make it work with hidden folders.
  • Changed 'Startover' to read 'New' in File Menu.

Fixed:
  • Export any .htm filename using the Compile to NMT feature (before it would only allow you to export an index.htm to the nmt).
  • Hidden link with hidden Folders--must use File, not HTTP
  • TVIDS pull down not loading

Preview:
[Image: mainscreen037.jpg]

About:
Kdoske NMT Customizer brings something new to the NMT community. It's a windows application that takes all the guess work out of setting up an Index. It allows you to add icons to rows, delete them, and change what icon goes where (you cannot change the small home and small settings icons in the two bottom corners of the screen in the program). After you click on an icon to change it it also brings up second window that allows you to choose where that image links to. Built into the program are multiple pull-down menus that allow you to just simply select what you want the link to do and it fills in the rest for you. Some selections require minimal input like Server name, Folder path, index name, zip codes, city state info, etc...

System Requirements:
Windows XP/Vista
Windows 98 *untested* (Embedded Browser may not be supported, among other things)

*This is a single person project. There are bound to be bugs somewhere. If you find a new bug that isnt listed at the bottom of this post then post it here and I will get to it as soon as I can.

Theme Output Previews:
The previews below are displayed on a computer. The NMT displays things much differently then a computer. The smaller icons will be more transparent and the background image will also be displayed differently.

Here is a screen shot including the 4 new icons plus the two originals they where made from.
[Image: newiconsdk4.th.jpg]

This screen shot is the same setup above just will all 4 in there 'on' state.
[Image: newiconsonsw3.th.jpg]

This Kdoske Theme is using the new background, 0 icons on the first row, 5 icons on the second, and 3 on the third. (This screen shot was taken on my computer. As I said above the computer and the nmt render web pages a little differently then the other. The background will be displayed properly on your nmt).
[Image: newbackgroundthemeoutpuau6.th.jpg]

Just so you can see how it is actually displayed. This is a photo of another randomly generated index displayed on my actual NMT using the new background. The flash is making it look at little strange, it will look even better on your NMT, i promise.
[Image: pictureofnewbackgroundhu7.th.jpg]

This Kdoske Theme is using 4 icons on the first row, 6 icons on the second, and 2 on the third.
(all icons off)
[Image: indexexample2yv1.th.png]

(all icons on)
[Image: indexexample2onqd8.th.png]

This Kdoske Theme is using 4 icons on the first row, 5 icons on the second, and 2 on the third .
(all icons off)
[Image: indexexample1ff3.th.png]

(all icons on)
[Image: indexexample1onqn0.th.png]

This Kdoske Theme uses all possible slots for the index. Currently there are not enough small icons to fill them all up.
(all icons off)
[Image: indexexample3ne4.th.png]

(all icons on)
[Image: indexexample3onbm4.th.png]

Program Previews:
This is the main screen. Adjust the amount of icons per row using the pull downs on the left of the window. Once icons per row is set click on each icon to change them. To change the background click on the text or the mini background picture below to change it.

Main Screen - No Icon Selected
[Image: mainscreen035.th.jpg]

Main Screen - Row2 Icon2 Selected
[Image: mainscreen2035.th.jpg]

These photos below are of the secondary window that pops up when you click an icon image on the first screen. From here you can set the images link location, Filter ID, TVID ID, and image. The pull downs allow you to select
[Image: secondaryscreenbr2.th.png]

[Image: secondaryscreentab2iconkn7.th.png]

[Image: secondaryscreenhtmleditkh3.th.png]

[Image: secondaryscreensmallicoie9.th.png]

These screen shots are of the embeded browser that pops in a 3rd window when you select weather as the image link location. Weather is provided by Bandit, his post can be found here http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=14832 Make sure you thank him while your there.
[Image: currentweathersetupwm1.th.png]

[Image: forcastweathersetupnm9.th.png]

Release Details
This new release does include new icons so if you want to use them you will need to download the newest version

Features Added:
  • Added SD Display support
  • Added reflection in large icon templates
  • Added an NMTSERVER to the pull down for 'link to'
  • Added a new File/HTTP button on the Icon Edit menu to toggle between the to in the 'link to' line
  • hidden link - added instructions on how to make it work with hidden folders.
  • Changed 'Startover' to read 'New' in File Menu.
  • Double click on any icon to enter edit screen of icon
  • The ability to choose which icon is selected everytime index is loaded.
  • Quickly shift icons from left to right on main screen.
  • Save index and images directly to the NMT.
  • Create a hidden link that is accessible only by a user designated numeric TVID ID.
  • Myihome added to link to pulldown.
  • You can load previously saved configurations from the file menu.
  • You start from a clean slate by clicking start over in the file menu.
  • You can add your own custom images on the fly.
  • There is now an NMT share look up function that accesses your share names directly from the NMT device through the NMT IP address.
  • Now when you click an icon on the icon setup screen it shifts to the images on state rather then just exiting out to the main screen and saving changes. To accept changes click the save button.
  • There is now a preview button on both the current weather and forcast weather embedded web pages.
  • All USB devices are included.
  • The ability to manually enter a mapped networked drive.
  • You can now name the compiled .htm to whatever you like
  • You can also make the icons folder invisible on the nmt.
  • A new program icon that looks just as good on vista as it does on your NMT
  • There is also a version checker that checks for a new version of the program on startup.

Fixed:
  • Export any .htm filename using the Compile to NMT feature (before it would only allow you to export an index.htm to the nmt).
  • Hidden link with hidden Folders--must use File, not HTTP
  • TVIDS pull down not loading
  • If you press cancel on the hidden link window it will make any icon you click from that moment on look like the hidden link window
  • Using File -> Start over causes 'Create Hidden Link' to read 0
  • Using File -> Load causes 'Create Hidden Link' to read 1 or 0
  • Slow load times when icons where clicked are now fixed
  • Large sky.fm icon output is fixed.
  • opens output directory every time (as far as i can tell)
  • Program doesn't delete the entire output directory prior to output. Now Program just deletes the images directory and the index.htm file (This could have been very bad if the user changed the output directory to another folder with other files in it).
  • Icon/icon folder name issue fixed
  • Index would not display properly if top row icons equaled 0 when compiled. Now when 0 is selected at top row index will now be display properly.
  • Theme configurations load and save correctly now.

Known Issues:
  • Back and Forward Buttons on embedded browser return errors if you havn't yet browsed anything.
  • Certain icons contain random grey artifacts to the right of the image. (cannot be seen if you use default background)

Credit:
Ometron - NMT Web Hosting for all developers
garp99 - Beta Tester
meowmoo - new index that made this so much easier
Bandit - Providing NMT Weather to the masses
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 54 users say Thank You to Kdoske for this post
10-27-2008, 06:07 AM
RE: NMT Theme - Kdoske 1.0
Great job! Really like your icons, maybe not the forth one, but looks good!

C-200 1TB + 500 GB 3,5 HDD MN-200 WIFI
A100 + 350 GB HDD D-Link WIFI Bridge
LG47SL9500 Sony DAV-DZ260
WD500 GB NAS

VIDEO HDMI AUDIO Coaxial
1080i 60Hz Auto Frame PAL/NTSC, Fit to Screen 16:9
Surround 5:1 Digital/Raw
10-27-2008, 07:00 AM
very nice theme! My favorite so far! Very clean and easy to read.
10-27-2008, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2008 08:55 AM by Nexer.)
Very nice...

Gonna rotate between this and Flash's Black & White

Can't DL file on rapidshare...limit reached
10-27-2008, 09:16 PM
(10-27-2008 06:07 AM)dinauktion Wrote:  Great job! Really like your icons, maybe not the forth one, but looks good!

yeah, now that you mention it does seem to stand out in strange way. I think If I just make the folder black it will look fine. I'm not really sure what the browser icon is used for so I just threw that together.

Let me know what you think the 4th icon should have in it. Ill give it a week or two to get input from as many people as possible and change it.
10-27-2008, 09:45 PM
very nice job...

The 4th icon is for browsing to html files.

for say your index.html file Smile
10-27-2008, 11:20 PM
rapid share link is done. you need re-UP PLEASE! anybody

this looks like a slick theme Cool
10-27-2008, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2008 11:31 PM by Kdoske.)
changed dl location to maxishare, seems to be unlimited.....i guess. if anyone knows of a better one just let me know.
10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
I've had the opportunity to try it out and I really like it. Especially the round icons with the blue light is awesome.

Only thing i dislike is the list_bar or more precisely the ends. The look "noisy" somehow with all the white dots. I suppose they're there to give a shiny look but they draw too much attention IMO.

But differently in the top 3 of themes right now...
10-28-2008, 04:08 PM
This looks great. This will be my first attempt to use a theme... where would a noob such as myself go to learn how to implement this?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2008, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2008 06:33 PM by Kdoske.)
(10-28-2008 02:29 PM)Nexer Wrote:  I've had the opportunity to try it out and I really like it. Especially the round icons with the blue light is awesome.

Only thing i dislike is the list_bar or more precisely the ends. The look "noisy" somehow with all the white dots. I suppose they're there to give a shiny look but they draw too much attention IMO.

But differently in the top 3 of themes right now...

Yeah they are there for spectral highlights. On my 52" 1080p television I don't see it that way at all but if many others agree I can change it, it would only take a few seconds.
10-28-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm on 42" 720p so perhaps it's related to the resolution

I really like something like this

http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image...en1aa6.jpg
10-29-2008, 01:46 AM
wow! looks great man. I love the blue highlights. I like the black theme too. Easy on the eyes.
10-29-2008, 05:10 AM
YES thanks for uploading again!
this is a gorgeous theme and i can see it even more refined in the future!
please keep it up.

also that pic Nexer linked iss very cool as well
11-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Sorry guys, as a recent owner of the game 'Fallout 3' you may not see updates for this for a couple weeks or so.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [c200] clean index coming soon jonny555 1 592 02-15-2014 02:20 PM
Last Post: jonny555
  [C200 - Index.htm] leech again meowmoo 1 967 10-28-2013 08:06 PM
Last Post: excal
  C-200 index Junketpumper 0 1,092 07-25-2013 01:04 AM
Last Post: Junketpumper
  [A400] - Home Screen & php/html script hyzteric 0 1,712 02-27-2013 01:31 PM
Last Post: hyzteric
  A-300 index.htm hispanico 2 2,458 09-04-2012 11:15 AM
Last Post: hispanico
  Help with custom Index.htm mstrong 22 6,625 07-05-2012 11:49 AM
Last Post: excal
  index.htm modding question PaaDii 4 3,233 01-04-2012 12:42 PM
Last Post: Onraed
  index.htm link to a .name folder HELP PLEASE... Tsurugi_Takuma 0 2,724 12-08-2011 10:12 PM
Last Post: Tsurugi_Takuma
Star [Index.html-HD] Aeon Index HD marcin77 226 139,931 10-31-2011 08:29 PM
Last Post: steve_guitar
  Password Protect Link in index.htm? hakras 2 3,146 08-15-2011 01:58 AM
Last Post: hakras