Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
[CSI] Community Software Installer 2.6.1 (OLD THREAD)
12-23-2008, 08:48 PM
RE: [BETA] Community software installer, testers wanted
(12-23-2008 08:33 PM)ydrol Wrote:  This is cool. I think an NMT based client would be sweet. Also, just thinkin ahead,

(hope I'm not overcomplicating stuff) but the backend should just be able to pull down a zip file from either a centrally controlled location OR it should be completely decentralized or a bit of both.

Ie like FireFox plugins, you can either get then from the official repository, or you can get them from 3rd party sites.
The official repository will need some kind of redundancy.

I would say , ask Syabas for some online FTP area , also GoogleApps, sourceForge etc.

The Installer could just pull down a zip file, from anywhere on the net, which meets a basic standard so that it can be installed automagically, and users can browse descriptions.
Then you just have to maintain a list of 'official' zip files.

Also versioning and upgrades is something to think about.

Apologies if you've though of this stuff already (or just think I'm going off on a tangent!) but often better to plan ahead Wink

That is in big lines how the current application is working.

The client now downloads an XML file which describes what applications and themes are available, download url of zip (centralized or even on a completely different server if you like!) and other meta data. It also defines how and where to start the install cgi, which the developers itself may provide.

After selecting a 'item' the application inspects the download URL, downloads the zip from the DownloadURL in the metafile, unzips it uploads the contents to the ftp server, sets execute on the install script (also defined in XML) and starts it.

Thus the only requirement of the zip is that it should have an cgi script inside it what will install the software, as you can imagine this will keep the installer open for all kinds of software!

The only big difference would be that it is running using PHP on the NMT and not a windows client.

Easy way of installing software on your NMT using just your mouse: NMT Community Software Installer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-23-2008, 08:51 PM
maybe ydrol can help on that part hehehe our scriptfreak hahaha
Find all posts by this user
12-23-2008, 08:55 PM
(12-23-2008 08:48 PM)Ger Teunis Wrote:  That is in big lines how the current application is working.

The client now downloads an XML file which describes what applications and themes are available, download url of zip (centralized or even on a completely different server if you like!) and other meta data. It also defines how and where to start the install cgi, which the developers itself may provide.

After selecting a 'item' the application inspects the download URL, downloads the zip from the DownloadURL in the metafile, unzips it uploads the contents to the ftp server, sets execute on the install script (also defined in XML) and starts it.

Thus the only requirement of the zip is that it should have an cgi script inside it what will install the software, as you can imagine this will keep the installer open for all kinds of software!

The only big difference would be that it is running using PHP on the NMT and not a windows client.

Sweet. Great Minds eh? (only joking!)

Do PHP CGI scripts run on internal browser OK? (anyone?)

Does it set up standard PHP type variables, and process forms etc.. or is it just a normal CGI script with no HTML-awareness?

Oversight: Jukebox | FeedTime: Automatic nzbs
12-23-2008, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 09:07 PM by Ger Teunis.)
(12-23-2008 08:55 PM)ydrol Wrote:  Sweet. Great Minds eh? (only joking!)

Do PHP CGI scripts run on internal browser OK? (anyone?)

Does it set up standard PHP type variables, and process forms etc.. or is it just a normal CGI script with no HTML-awareness?

Yeah, I've did some tests with that for the Gaya UI I modified for transmission 1.41. Just create a text file with the following two first lines
Code:
#!/mnt/syb8634/server/php5-cgi -d register_argc_argv=1
<?php

I did test further, because I was able to use PHP rights await after the starttag. Ofcourse set the execute permissions ;-)
Damn, &lt; is ofcourse the smaller-then sign.

Easy way of installing software on your NMT using just your mouse: NMT Community Software Installer
12-23-2008, 09:14 PM
(12-23-2008 08:51 PM)werner Wrote:  maybe ydrol can help on that part hehehe our scriptfreak hahaha

Possibly next year Smile I'm trying to squeeze out new unpak for xmas.
(which happens to be bundled with - another movie browser!! It was kind of a natural progression after not being happy with the recent downloaded functionality.

However I have to keep it simple to avoid duplicate the much better more polished apps that are available. Like Big Larrys, this runs entirely on PCH and
should require zero maintenance once installed.

Most of the ones I looked at require PC or NAS which was too much for me.

Oversight: Jukebox | FeedTime: Automatic nzbs
12-23-2008, 11:08 PM
(12-23-2008 07:25 PM)Ger Teunis Wrote:  Yeah, some of those script don't trigger being ended correctly. I've to look into that. Regarding gray menu items> that has to be something on you computer, mine are black as they should be.

Okay, only telnet is resenting.
It's all about daemons being started while installing. Fixed this for all the packages except telnet. It is being installed and started correcly. Only the webserver and thus the install tool keep waiting for the daemon to finish, which it ofcourse shouldn't. More on this later.

In the meanwhile I've updated the repository with transmission 1.41 beta5.

12-24-2008, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2008 11:32 AM by Ger Teunis.)
Update installer to beta4
Download using download link from first post

Repository changes
Applications
Code:
- Tune HDD for Speed, sets accoustic management to max speed (254) DEFAULT
- Tune HDD for Silence, sets accoustic management to silence (128)

12-24-2008, 12:41 PM
RE: [BETA] Community software installer
Nice..Very nice.

Just wondering if it could stop torrent automatically using eg http://192.168.0.5:8883/setups.cgi?hiDe...rntof=stop before installing transmission
12-24-2008, 12:47 PM
The homepages for the HDD tuners are incorrect, remove the ;amp bit please Tongue
Sorry for the minor details i find but i hope i can help you polish everything!
12-24-2008, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2008 01:10 PM by Ger Teunis.)
(12-24-2008 12:47 PM)Ltmarx Wrote:  The homepages for the HDD tuners are incorrect, remove the ;amp bit please Tongue
Sorry for the minor details i find but i hope i can help you polish everything!

Much appreciated. I was trying to type &amp;amp;, but forgot the & sign ;-)
(& must be written as &amp;amp; in xml)
(12-24-2008 12:41 PM)obvious Wrote:  Nice..Very nice.

Just wondering if it could stop torrent automatically using eg http://192.168.0.5:8883/setups.cgi?hiDe...rntof=stop before installing transmission

I removed the auto stop, because people got confused when the installer still failed every now and then. The transmission keeps running upto a few minutes after stopping because it needs to close all files etc. Perhaps I enable it again in the future. Even an automated stop and start via kill will make that the GayaUI is not in sync with the real state of transmission.

12-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Well what a great job you've done.

I tried a few things and all went well except the hdd standby.

One suggestion, instead of going every time to the web to download the files, could you change to download to a local folder and start installing from there....

C-200 1 TB HD WD BLACK for testing purposes for now plus External USB WD Elements 1 TB Big Grin
A110 plus 1 TB HD WD SATA 16MB buffer inside.
Dlink USB 8 port Hub with external power.
5 USB Maxtor 1 TB
1 WD 2TB
1 Seagate 2TB
Total is 11 TB of movies
Main PC is a Intel PIV 3.8 Ghz x64 overclocked to 4.2 Ghz, to make yamj.
12-24-2008, 01:33 PM
(12-24-2008 01:21 PM)billgatos Wrote:  Well what a great job you've done.

I tried a few things and all went well except the hdd standby.

One suggestion, instead of going every time to the web to download the files, could you change to download to a local folder and start installing from there....

Thank you for testing.
What error message do you get with HDDStandby?

Regarding local files: that was the first setup but it has multiple problems.
1. Updates of software requires a update of the complete installer (then 15mb+)
2. Setup will grow with at least 15mb at the moment, more in the future.

12-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I love this really appreciate the work and hope it lasts something for novices like me the ease of it is just great!
12-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Transmission 1.41 FINAL is out!

Repository changes
Applications
Code:
- Transmission 1.41 FINAL

12-25-2008, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2008 01:30 PM by billgatos.)
Merry Xmas ohohohohohoho

When at the end of the installation, i get an error that something was not working.
A question, do i have to change hosts to get anything working ....
Tomorrow at my company i will try all the apps, because now at home i only have net at my PDA....
Great job, continue.

The themes are great.
Other suggestion to Sybas, they could create an option at configuration, to have the ability to change the theme from the several ones installed.

(12-24-2008 01:33 PM)Ger Teunis Wrote:  Thank you for testing.
What error message do you get with HDDStandby?

Regarding local files: that was the first setup but it has multiple problems.
1. Updates of software requires a update of the complete installer (then 15mb+)
2. Setup will grow with at least 15mb at the moment, more in the future.

C-200 1 TB HD WD BLACK for testing purposes for now plus External USB WD Elements 1 TB Big Grin
A110 plus 1 TB HD WD SATA 16MB buffer inside.
Dlink USB 8 port Hub with external power.
5 USB Maxtor 1 TB
1 WD 2TB
1 Seagate 2TB
Total is 11 TB of movies
Main PC is a Intel PIV 3.8 Ghz x64 overclocked to 4.2 Ghz, to make yamj.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star [CSI] Community Software Installer 2.7.2 ** UPDATED DEC 28th ** Ger Teunis 624 341,050 04-10-2014 05:52 AM
Last Post: jhmiller
  Support thread for HeartWare's PopCorn MKV Chapter Maker HeartWare 72 54,665 01-01-2012 10:10 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  Another Youtube thread - sorry mrmrmrmr 4 2,998 06-23-2010 08:27 PM
Last Post: mrmrmrmr
  Loss internal drive when using community inst.. tunafish 0 1,763 03-11-2010 01:20 PM
Last Post: tunafish
  A Plea To Software Developers jhmiller 0 1,640 01-04-2010 04:32 PM
Last Post: jhmiller
  Automounting from external html (+ISOs) - no software mod required. ?? (eg YAMJ skin) lordy 11 3,629 10-14-2009 10:31 PM
Last Post: lordy
  nmt community software installer on osx gabric098 24 12,659 10-04-2009 06:02 PM
Last Post: Ger Teunis
  What software can convert a BD rip to h.264 at 720p mrdenn1s 3 2,393 07-20-2009 10:36 AM
Last Post: mrdenn1s
  Software Installer Problems Ryu 3 2,510 07-06-2009 06:17 AM
  cant start FTP on A110 after use of NMT Comunity sw installer bod 20 8,767 06-01-2009 04:48 PM