Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[TOOL] GUI Config Tool v0.51
01-18-2009, 06:56 PM
RE: [YAMJ] GUI Config Tool v0.4
(01-18-2009 04:44 PM)Omertron Wrote:  If you want to change the default location where the jukebox is installed, in this case it'll store it in F:\ then you can do this now BEFORE you save

For the field "Location of where you want the jukebox to be stored", I had been browsing and selecting my "F:" drive. I didn't realize you could leave it blank and it would default there.

When I leave it blank and click "Add", I do get the warning "Possible Path Error. Please see the page........"

However, everything works if I just ignore the error and leave the Location Field blank ( letting it default to F: )

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Omertron,
I am saving the cmd file in the YAMJ folder I created on my computer. I then run the cmd file and it creates a Jukebox folder, and index file on my NMT. Then I close the YAMJ folder and go about my business. When I add another movie to the NMT, I browse to the YAMJ folder on my computer, click on the cmd file, and nothing happens. In the picture I posted, the my library file is just a generic white icon, but before I closed the YAMJ file (right after I ran the gui, and even after I've run the cmd) the my library file has a picture of the earth and some green arrows (denoting that it is an xml. file).

All is solved if I re-run the gui, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that each time.

I have no shares on the nmt, but I mapped the drive on my computer (making NMT ZSmile. When I run the GUI, I select the Z:\Video (this is where my movies are located), and I then select (file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Video/) as my NMT path. I then press add, and then save. A cmd is generated, and I can use it, but once the YAMJ folder is closed, I have to do it all over again. Any ideas?
01-19-2009, 02:31 AM
(01-18-2009 06:27 PM)Omertron Wrote:  Doesn't matter, the directories are recursivley scanned for all files.
In your example, if those are multi-part videos you need to name them as here:
http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wi...PartVIdeos
so that they are picked up correctly

thanks and if YAMJ is able to detect from my NMT Network share, but why am it still shows "could not play"? movies in my internal box are able to but not on my PC. I had del the jukebox folder and index, rerun so many times but still same result.

Is it because im using HDX1000?
01-19-2009, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009 08:35 AM by Omertron.)
(01-19-2009 02:31 AM)toxic Wrote:  thanks and if YAMJ is able to detect from my NMT Network share, but why am it still shows "could not play"? movies in my internal box are able to but not on my PC. I had del the jukebox folder and index, rerun so many times but still same result.

Is it because im using HDX1000?
No, I don't think it's to do with the HDX. I assume that it's because you haven't mounted the share you are trying to play files off.
By default the PCH (and therefore I think all NMTs) don't mount network shares when they start up. So you have to browse to that share to "mount" it.
So just click on the share once per reboot, and then try playing the videos.
(01-18-2009 08:47 PM)jdgping Wrote:  Omertron,
I am saving the cmd file in the YAMJ folder I created on my computer. I then run the cmd file and it creates a Jukebox folder, and index file on my NMT. Then I close the YAMJ folder and go about my business. When I add another movie to the NMT, I browse to the YAMJ folder on my computer, click on the cmd file, and nothing happens. In the picture I posted, the my library file is just a generic white icon, but before I closed the YAMJ file (right after I ran the gui, and even after I've run the cmd) the my library file has a picture of the earth and some green arrows (denoting that it is an xml. file).

All is solved if I re-run the gui, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that each time.

I have no shares on the nmt, but I mapped the drive on my computer (making NMT ZSmile. When I run the GUI, I select the Z:\Video (this is where my movies are located), and I then select (file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Video/) as my NMT path. I then press add, and then save. A cmd is generated, and I can use it, but once the YAMJ folder is closed, I have to do it all over again. Any ideas?
Sorry, that picture doesn't show up for some reason.

I've no idea why those files are disappearing after the run unless something else is going on with your PC Huh

What is the directory that you are saving to? Do any of the other files in that directory survive?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2009, 06:02 AM
[QUOTE='Omertron' pid='128477' dateline='1232350006']
No, I don't think it's to do with the HDX. I assume that it's because you haven't mounted the share you are trying to play files off.
By default the PCH (and therefore I think all NMTs) don't mount network shares when they start up. So you have to browse to that share to "mount" it.
So just click on the share once per reboot, and then try playing the videos.

Oh so that mean once i reboot my HDX1000 I would need to go to SMB to play a file in order to mount it first, then go back to YAMJ and it would play?
01-20-2009, 09:28 AM
(01-20-2009 06:02 AM)toxic Wrote:  Oh so that mean once i reboot my HDX1000 I would need to go to SMB to play a file in order to mount it first, then go back to YAMJ and it would play?
You don't need to play a file, just browse to the share, but yes, that should do it Smile

[+] 2 users say Thank You to Omertron for this post
01-22-2009, 09:16 AM
(01-20-2009 09:28 AM)Omertron Wrote:  You don't need to play a file, just browse to the share, but yes, that should do it Smile

it freaking works at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Omertron - i downloaded this GUI last week, and set it up and works perfectly...now i notice that you have an updated version...what is the best way to replace the old tool with the new? I am not very good with this stuff, so if you have a step-by-step - that would really help...

also - another question: i currently have all my movies in the following location: N:\Download. However, this hard-drive is now full, and i have started filling up another harddrive at the following location: L:\Download2.

Can i load both of these together so that all the movies show up in the jukebox? If the answer is no, then what is the solution? Should i take the drive that is full and connect it directly to the popcorn hour - will that work better?

and finally - thanks a ton for putting this together and for all your helpful responses. I really appreciate it!!!

cheers
01-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Just download the new gui and save it to the same directory. Delete the old one if you want (to avoid confusion).

YAMJ is designed to be able to index several locations into a single jukebox. However, there's a limitation with the NMT that doesn't allow more than one network share to be mounted (used) at a time. So if you can combine N: & L: into a single virtual share (using symbolic links) then you'll be able to use it in YAMJ.

If you can't do that, then the better option is to attach it directly to the NMT. You will have to update the index to reference the hard-drive as USB_DRIVE_A-1 in the GUI (you can scan it whilst attached to your pc, or you can move it to the NMT and re-point your N: share to \\POPCORN\USB_DRIVE_A-1\)

01-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Found this by accident yesterday and a big improvement over the one before, good stuffSmile
01-29-2009, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2009 12:51 AM by mikeyboy01443.)
does the jukebox need to be stored on the PCH itself?

I have done similar to other people in this thread - extracted all the appropriate files to my computer to run, the CMD file is currently updating data for all my films but I set it to save to the same folder (as it tells you to) - but, this is on my computer, and this folder is not linked to my PCH - so how is my PCH going to run the Jukebox?

Could I just move the YAMJ folder onto the PCH and then run it? Or would the addresses be wrong in whatever it has written...
01-29-2009, 07:55 AM
By default the GUI Config writes the jukebox to the folder where your videos are located. So that must be connected to your PCH otherwise how would you view the videos?

01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
(01-29-2009 07:55 AM)Omertron Wrote:  By default the GUI Config writes the jukebox to the folder where your videos are located. So that must be connected to your PCH otherwise how would you view the videos?

Hi Omertron,

Got it sorted now, had to attempt several times but sorted now (near enough).
What happened originally, was I had setup the YAMJ folder on my computer, put the correct network paths to the films on my PCH hard disk and also my PC, so it could index them OK, but I had set the output folder for the jukebox index.htm file to the same YAMJ folder on my computer, rather than the PCH itself! T then moved this whole folder across to my PCH HDD and it didn't play any films... And with 459 films in my collection at the moment, it took quite a while to index them all only to find it didn't work... So on my 2nd attempt, I just did a smaller sample of films (11 on my PCH HDD currently), and this again didn't work - it loaded the jukebox OK, but films would not play!

Anyway I started again from scratch, but noticed that the GUI wasn't providing the correct path to my films on my PCH - it only came up with ...../HARD_DISK/ and I had to change it to .../HARD_DISK/Video for it to work...

Now I am just going through my films which have incorrect names, and are producing interesting jukebox images - "Babe" is an interesting one!!

Thanks for your reply anyway
01-29-2009, 12:15 PM
I would guess that your mapping to the NMT hard drive was X: -> \\POPCORN\share\video\ rather than what's expected which is x: -> \\POPCORN\share\
But as long as you have it sorted Smile

01-29-2009, 12:48 PM
(01-29-2009 12:15 PM)Omertron Wrote:  I would guess that your mapping to the NMT hard drive was X: -> \\POPCORN\share\video\ rather than what's expected which is x: -> \\POPCORN\share\
But as long as you have it sorted Smile

Correct Smile

I just map directly to the film folder on my PCH, as that is all I ever use on there, if i need to access anything else I would just use the "run" command - I see what you mean, where it tries to access the z: drive, which is mapped to \share\Video, it is looking in the wrong place when the default setting is left in there LightbulbLightbulb

Hopefully this will help anyone else who finds themselves in the same situation Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [TOOL] [TOMY] The Only Mac YAMJ GUI Configuration Tool and Utility Auggie 814 292,142 06-20-2013 06:45 PM
Last Post: aren135
  [TOOL] [TOMY] Windows YAMJ GUI Configuration Tool and Utility Auggie 244 96,325 04-17-2013 02:54 PM
Last Post: djhifi