Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Yamj and multiple drives - No mounting needed !
06-09-2009, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2009 03:22 AM by jkasanic.)
RE: Yamj and multiple drives - No mounting needed !
(06-04-2009 07:44 PM)wu54 Wrote:  My environment:
PC with Vista Home Premium 64bit. Myself working as Administrator on the PC, Guest account disabled.

On my PC the situation is similar to the above, namely:

D:\Media
---> Drive-E\Video1
---> Drive F\Video2

both drives are mounted to the D:\Media.
I can see my Video files on my PC when drilling down to the folders and MovieJukebox scans everything fine.

Permissions are set on the folder "Media" and on each of the two drives as "Everybody" full permission.

On my NMT (HDX1000) the smb share is: smb://My-PC/Media

On the NMT when going to the share I can get the four buttons, going to "Browser" I can see the Drive-E and Drive-F but entering the gives me the response : "Input Not Valid" (Eingabe nicht gültig).

Any advice ? Thanks a lot !

Through myiHome I play the files - no problem. But my aim is to use the YAMJ eventually.

Ok, I think I have FINALLY figured out the problem thanks to Cannen and Marboosh posts above. For whatever reason, Vista x64 (not sure about x86) requires manually adding "Guest" as a user for the shared drives and then giving them full control to work under the NMT file structure as well as YAMJ. Curiously enough, the shares work fine under MyiHome without the guest account.

I'm pretty sure I had all of this working fine under Vista x64 before the June FW update but I can't figure out why that would have an effect. Anyway, once I added the guest accounts I had full access under the NMT menu and YAMJ. Hope this helps!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi I have a setup where I'm currently running 2 instances of YAMJ. I have a setup where I mount currently mount 2 drives on my NAS Z:\video and Y:\series from my computer, but I would like to use only 1 YAMJ. I read on page 1 on this thread it's possible to link without the drives, so can I make a library in jukebox on c:\jukebox\nas with only 2 links \\ipnas\video and \\ipnas\series?

And in GUI config:

Location on movie directory to scan I choose c:\jukebox\nas instead of Z:\video?
Location on jukebox to be stored i still choose Z:\video?

Will that work?
06-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Anyone, or is it not possible to do this with network drives, because I can't find the network drives in disk management module?
06-14-2009, 07:35 AM
(06-12-2009 02:10 PM)Bjur Wrote:  Anyone, or is it not possible to do this with network drives, because I can't find the network drives in disk management module?

Your answer is on page 2 of this thread
06-14-2009, 02:28 PM
(06-14-2009 07:35 AM)Ragnar Wrote:  Your answer is on page 2 of this thread

Thank but I need some help, to get it to work.
My setup is that I have 2 drives on a NAS that I want to use Video and Series.

In Vista I have made a folder C:\YAMJ
I cmd, cd YAMJ and I have used the following command mklink /D \\nasIP\Video and mklink /D \\nasIP\Series. When I click on it it goes to the right folders.
I have shared YAMJ and added guest.

When I run YAMJ Gui config I have following options:

1. Directory to scan. (In there I select dir with my share (\\name of computer\YAMJ))

2. Video files are located. (I choose Network Path On NMT). Here I'm confused, since where do I point it to on my NMT?? If I point it to Series it doesn't work.

3. Jukebox to be stored. I just choose \\nasIP\Series.

Help please..
06-16-2009, 08:35 PM
hi @ all,

I have a question. I have 2 shares in my yamj, HD and TV. My Hd Movies are on different Disks as my TV Shows.

HD-Movies are on d:/ my TV-Shows are on e:/. When I point the Drive where TV-Shows are stored, to my HD-Movies Folder, and rescan my Jukebox, YAMJ index my new drive (TV), but it scanned my whole e:/ drive. I dont have only TV-Shows on this drive, there are some shortmovies, too.

I have :

e:/Media/TV
e:/Media/Shortmovies

is there a way, that yamj scan only my e:/Media/TV folder ?
06-17-2009, 09:12 AM
(06-16-2009 08:35 PM)j0k3r Wrote:  hi @ all,

I have a question. I have 2 shares in my yamj, HD and TV. My Hd Movies are on different Disks as my TV Shows.

HD-Movies are on d:/ my TV-Shows are on e:/. When I point the Drive where TV-Shows are stored, to my HD-Movies Folder, and rescan my Jukebox, YAMJ index my new drive (TV), but it scanned my whole e:/ drive. I dont have only TV-Shows on this drive, there are some shortmovies, too.

I have :

e:/Media/TV
e:/Media/Shortmovies

is there a way, that yamj scan only my e:/Media/TV folder ?

anyone ??
06-17-2009, 11:10 AM
...it worked now, yamj scanned now only my XVID Folder on e:/ and my TV FOlder on f:/ with this library file :

Code:
<libraries>
    <library>
        <path>C:\Media\Disk1\-Leech-\-Moviez-\-XviDs-\</path>
        <nmtpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/[.TV-RiPZ.]/</nmtpath>
        <exclude name="sample,tmp/,temp/,RECYCLE.BIN/"/>
        <description></description>
        <prebuf></prebuf>
        <scrapeLibrary>true</scrapeLibrary>
    </library>

<library>
        <path>C:\Media\Disk2\-tV.rIpz_aRCHiV-\</path>
        <nmtpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/[.Moviez_uPload.]/</nmtpath>
        <prebuf></prebuf>
    </library>
</libraries>

But when I try to start a Movie, over the default index.htm from my jukebox, no one of these two Movies run (could not play) :/
06-17-2009, 02:05 PM
I renamed my whole Collection now, without any "[, ], -" or something, my library looks so :

Code:
<libraries>
    <library>
        <path>C:\Media\Disk1\XviDs\</path>
        <nmtpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Media/Disk1/XviDs/</nmtpath>
        <prebuf></prebuf>
    </library>

<library>
        <path>C:\Media\Disk2\tV\</path>
        <nmtpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Media/Disk2/tV/</nmtpath>
        <prebuf></prebuf>
    </library>
</libraries>

But I have the same error, Could not Play Sad . The Jukebox and the index.htm output goes direct to c:/Media. Does I need to add the tV and the XViDS Folder, as Network Share in my PCH, too, or only c:/Media ?

EDIT:

I added 192.168.0.11/XviDs and 192.168.0.11/tV in my PCH as network share, and in 192.168.0.11/Media are the Jukeboy and the index.htm stored, the same **"!§*!§ Error Sad
06-17-2009, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2009 07:40 PM by spaceman.)
A very easy way to keep adding more drives with only one access point is get Link Shell Extension from here http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshell...llext.html install then just go to where your movie folders are right click on folder there should now be a pick link source option, choose it then go to where you want your main movie folder to be then right click and will see a drop as option, so choose junction it's very easy. Remember never to delete the junctions only cancel them or you will loose all from that drive.

My setup :
D/HD jukebox
Movies1 on drive f
Movies2 on drive h
movies3 on drive j

I use YAMJ with both SMB and MyIhome and point at D/HD
06-21-2009, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2009 06:07 PM by christians.)
I use Mac OS (Leopard) and I created symbolic links to my video directories (nfs://192.168.1.100:/TV series and smb://192.168.1.112/External/Others TV Series) with SymbolicLinker 1.3v2 and I have put these links on nfs://192.168.1.100:/Video. If I browse this directory with MacOS' Finder the links work correctly but I can't see them if I browse the share with PCH browser. Why is this happening?
06-26-2009, 08:24 AM
(06-17-2009 07:37 PM)spaceman Wrote:  A very easy way to keep adding more drives with only one access point is get Link Shell Extension from here http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshell...llext.html install then just go to where your movie folders are right click on folder there should now be a pick link source option, choose it then go to where you want your main movie folder to be then right click and will see a drop as option, so choose junction it's very easy. Remember never to delete the junctions only cancel them or you will loose all from that drive.

My setup :
D/HD jukebox
Movies1 on drive f
Movies2 on drive h
movies3 on drive j

I use YAMJ with both SMB and MyIhome and point at D/HD

After having created the Junctions, how do you remove them? I've created one in error and want to get rid of it (withouth damaging my collection of movies).

I can't see any option to cancel the junction now that it's been created...
06-27-2009, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2009 02:55 PM by wryker.)
I have a different problem. My YAMJ scans and sees the movie on my USB external drives connected to my A110 but when i play it it only plays @the first 2 minutes then bounces me back to the large icon of the movie in the YAMJ screen. If I go to 'source', select the USB drive, and play the file from the drive 'manually' it plays fine. I dont know whats going on. If it was a permissions issue it would have not allowed me to play any of the movie. Helpful hints/suggestions are welcomed and encouraged!!
UPDATE: I figured it out - I <gulp> read and used the READ ME on the 5150 YAMJ and added in the XML instructions to read the USB drives and now all is 'right'.

[/font]A400--> Onkyo AVR 818--> Sony HW30 (1080p/24) - all HDMI
06-28-2009, 01:05 PM
(06-26-2009 08:24 AM)brianone1 Wrote:  After having created the Junctions, how do you remove them? I've created one in error and want to get rid of it (withouth damaging my collection of movies).

I can't see any option to cancel the junction now that it's been created...

If you right click then just under the create junction there is a delete option but remember not to choose the delete option further down or all will be lost.
06-28-2009, 06:55 PM
(06-28-2009 01:05 PM)spaceman Wrote:  If you right click then just under the create junction there is a delete option but remember not to choose the delete option further down or all will be lost.

So it's Delete Junction rather than Delete?

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [YAMJ] Yamj Ubuntu gertvo 3 128 Today 09:33 AM
Last Post: Omertron
  YAMJ throws repeditive Java seg fault on linux (debian) mithrilG60 11 436 Today 09:31 AM
  YAMJ/Eversion: Customer Groups/Categories Adam1v 3 499 04-04-2014 09:30 AM
Last Post: Bazrah
  YAMJ not making any fanart for movies or tv shows simonmullan 15 4,789 04-02-2014 12:19 AM
Last Post: De1Phi4n
  [YAMJ] evZap/eversion Can't create Sets XML file for index Peterkocic 0 472 03-30-2014 11:06 AM
Last Post: Peterkocic
  YAMJ on A200 and A400 davlet 0 264 03-29-2014 07:18 PM
Last Post: davlet
  YAMJ HTML wrong Italian characters in PLOT and name cyberbob 1 370 03-27-2014 09:47 AM
  YAMJ (eversion+evhell) not seeing data say170 16 797 03-25-2014 10:52 AM
  Yamj Scan footer and xml question JamesTF 5 618 03-08-2014 02:56 AM
Last Post: jluc2808
  [FLASH SKIN] yamj/oversight eversion skin jonny555 8 945 03-06-2014 10:16 PM
Last Post: wryker