Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PCH100 and BTV Commercial Skip?
04-06-2009, 12:00 AM
PCH100 and BTV Commercial Skip?
Anyone out there using the two mentioned and know how to skip commercials if possible?

TYIA
Find all posts by this user
07-24-2009, 10:14 PM
RE: PCH100 and BTV Commercial Skip?
(04-06-2009 12:00 AM)Clipse Wrote:  Anyone out there using the two mentioned and know how to skip commercials if possible?

TYIA

I've been using BTV for years and am looking at getting the new C-200. It would be great to use PCH with BTV to skip commercials. Through my research, it not currently possible to skip commercials using BTV video files on any of the PCH models. There is a lot of interest, however, there would have to be a partnership with SnapStream to possible port or have a similar app to the BTV Link.

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a PCH app to skip commercials, setup recordings, etc with BTV?
07-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Commskip is available on the PCH via GBPVR, so if the BTV comskip files are compatible with this http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip you do have an option for playback. I've talked with BTV in the past and they weren't interested in collaborating on a media extender client.

My client for GBPVR can even work with the old BTV skins but they aren't supported and they are only SD and there is no mpeg-ts support so it really isn't worth the effort.

Martin
[+] 1 user says Thank You to emveepee for this post
07-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks for your help Martin. Checked out Comskip and they added an option to output a BTV Smartskip .xml file, however, I am not sure if GBPVR/Comskip on the PCH can read it in or only output it. If GBPVR can not read a BTV SmartSkip file, maybe Comskip can be used manually outside of the PCH to create a compatible file for GBPVR. I'll have to do some more research and try GBPVR when I get a PCH unit.

Do you use BTV? If yes, what is your setup and how do you watch videos on your PCH? Any plans to support HD (ts-h264) BTV client skins for GBPVR?
07-30-2009, 01:05 PM
My client is mvpmcx2 and it doesn't know comskip, file navigation is controlled by the server. The BTV skins don't use GBPVR as a backend they use an old Hauppauge server which doesn't handle HD menus, or comskip and to make it worse it can't send mpeg-ts files (tp to Snapstream)

I don't even consider BeyondTV an option in my house anymore because they abandoned music.

Martin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [A100] : help fitting 2.5 Sata into PCH100 banknab 1 2,046 02-18-2009 12:03 AM
Last Post: InfectiouSoul