Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
PopCorn MKV AudioConverter
07-23-2012, 03:52 AM
RE: PopCorn MKV AudioConverter
Hi, first off, your program is great, a big help for me to make my .mkv's conform to the audio I need to play them on my Samsung phone, but, I store my files on another computer, and "My Network" won't show up on the built in file browser.

When I check the option to use Windows file browser, and browse to an .mkv on a computer on my network, it works fine, however, after I close the program it will never open again. Even if I delete the program and the downloaded files and unrar them again, it won't start no matter what.

Using Windows 7, 32 bit.

Any advice on how to get this great program of yours to even open again ?

After I try to open the program, and it won't open, I start Task Manager, and there it is in the "Processes" section, using 50% or more CPU, but it won't start...
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2012, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2012 06:18 AM by HeartWare.)
Are you sure it won't come up? On my machine, it does come up, but it takes a while (since it has to scan the previously converted .MKV file over a network connection, which is much, much slower than if the file was located on the local machine).

Try waiting a minute or more and see if it doesn't come up. It it does, then there's nothing I can do about it - it's your network's speed that is the limiting factor.

In general, it is never a good idea to convert a file over a network connection - especially not if it is on the PopCorn Hour itself, as its SAMBA (Windows Network) implementation is quite slow.

To access your network resource using the built-in file browser, you can map a drive to the resource: Read Post #149 in the old support thread.

Keld R. Hansen
PopCorn MKV AudioConverter: Tutorial FAQ
YAMJ Poster Maker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
I have tried to let it work, and it won't start after 10 minutes of sitting and waiting.

The thing I don't understand is, after it won't start once, the program will NEVER start again. Even if I delete the original .exe, download a new one and try to start it, it just sits there, never popping up a window or anything to indicate its running, but there IS a process visible in the Task Manager.

I would like to use it again, but after experiencing this issue a single time, the program will never start again, even after a restart of my computer, etc.
07-23-2012, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2012 04:00 PM by HeartWare.)
You can clear out the settings for the program (reset it to "uninstalled" state) by deleting the registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HeartWare\AudioConverter (edited from faulty name after reading the next message)

(assuming that your .EXE file is called "AudioConverter.exe")

but BEFORE you do that, please save this branch to a file in RegEdit4 (Win9x/NT4) format, using the "File->Export" command of RegEdit, and send it to me in a [Image: postbit_pm.gif]

If you are not comfortable editing your registry, the only other option is to change the name of the .EXE file to something other than AudioConverter.exe (which will make the program use a different place to store its settings), and then refrain from using the Windows file selector, and instead map a drive to the network resource, as described in the above message.

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
07-23-2012, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2012 03:47 PM by gn2.)
Ok, trying to do as you requested, AudioConverter was not where you indicated it would be in the registry, I did, however, find it at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HeartWare. I'm running Win7 32bit if that makes any difference...

I started it up 25 minutes ago now, it is using 50% CPU according to Task Manager, yet no window has opened for it yet.

I get an error message saying I don't have access when I hit the "PM" link in your post. I saved the reg branch like you asked, but can't send it to you the way you asked.
I'll gladly email it to you, or post it somewhere if you like...

PS: After deleting the registry entry, it started normally, as if never being installed, of course....
07-23-2012, 04:03 PM
(07-23-2012 03:08 PM)gn2 Wrote:  Ok, trying to do as you requested, AudioConverter was not where you indicated it would be in the registry, I did, however, find it at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HeartWare.

Yes, that's the right location. My mistake...

(07-23-2012 03:08 PM)gn2 Wrote:  I get an error message saying I don't have access when I hit the "PM" link in your post. I saved the reg branch like you asked, but can't send it to you the way you asked.
I'll gladly email it to you, or post it somewhere if you like...

You can send it to audioconverter <at-sign> heartware.dk.

(07-23-2012 03:08 PM)gn2 Wrote:  PS: After deleting the registry entry, it started normally, as if never being installed, of course....

As it should... I'll see if I can reproduce the problem at home with the registry file you (hopefully) send me, then fix the problem.

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Email with attached .reg file sent, if you don't get it, let me know and I'll zip the file or something so it goes through...
07-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanx. Got the file. Will look at it sometime this week...

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
07-26-2012, 01:41 AM
If I tick 'adjust volume' and set center to 150% it doesn't increase the center volume, it just decreases the other channels by 50%. Is there a way to really INCREASE the center volume?
07-26-2012, 02:30 AM
An analogy - some people especially teenagers wind up the bass and treble controls all the way - this is exactly the same as decreasing the centre frequencies. On a few very old technology amps there was a presence control that boosted the midrange however it also went into negative territory and reduced the midrange ie "absence", turn the volume up and you have bass and treble boost.

The same principle applies with increasing the centre channel ie all other channels are reduced in relation to the centre channel.
ie if the centre channel is raised by 3db then all other channels will sound 3db softer.

If you lift the volume of your monitor amp you should get the result you need for your listening situation. Its really a matter of maintaining the power level of the original audio track without causing distortion. If you need more gain then that is the role of the your power amp.

Popcorn Hour C200 HDMI
BeyonWiz DP-P1 PVR + LiDiC
Component Video 1080i
Samsung LA40R7 LCD TV
SONY STR-DA1000ES amplifier
Windows 7 -- MAC G4
http://www.openwiz.org/wiki/ProjectX
07-26-2012, 05:52 AM
(07-26-2012 01:41 AM)meccs Wrote:  If I tick 'adjust volume' and set center to 150% it doesn't increase the center volume, it just decreases the other channels by 50%. Is there a way to really INCREASE the center volume?

Not if the audio of that channel already peaks at 100% - that would cause digital distortion (which would be bad).

If the max volume of the center channel is at 87% of maximum and you increase it (relative) by 150%, then it would be tantamount to setting the peak level at 130%, which would cause distortion. In order to prevent this, the center channel is set at peak level 100% and the remaining channels are then decreased in volume by the remaining 30% so as to keep up the relative peak levels between the channels in accordance with your wishes.

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
07-27-2012, 11:29 AM
I am sorry if this was already asked but I could not find a search forum functionality. Does AudioConverter support network shares? Will It? I g0 to select a file on a network share and the folder is empty when it really is not.

Thanks
07-27-2012, 01:24 PM
AudioConverter supports network shares mapped in as a network drive (read the last 5-10 messages in the thread), or as UNC paths when you use the Windows file browser.

If you manage to browse to the directory, and no files are listed, it is because the files in the directory isn't .MKV (Matroska) files. PopCorn MKV Audio Converter (which is its full name) only supports processing of .MKV files. No other file types are supported (and therefore not shown in the file selector).

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
07-27-2012, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2012 05:40 PM by gmogoody.)
(07-27-2012 01:24 PM)HeartWare Wrote:  AudioConverter supports network shares mapped in as a network drive (read the last 5-10 messages in the thread), or as UNC paths when you use the Windows file browser.

If you manage to browse to the directory, and no files are listed, it is because the files in the directory isn't .MKV (Matroska) files. PopCorn MKV Audio Converter (which is its full name) only supports processing of .MKV files. No other file types are supported (and therefore not shown in the file selector).

Oh ok that may explain it. In Windows 7 I have them as Network Locations(UNC Path) instead of Network Drives. So my mapping has an address of \\Server\Folder. I will map \\Server\Folder to a drive letter as well to see if I can get it to work that way. All of the files are *.mkv. I actually had them on my local machine and moved them. AudioConverter saw them and then did not after the move
07-29-2012, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2012 01:02 AM by miguelos_arg.)
Biggrin RE: PopCorn MKV AudioConverter
Thank you very much to Keld R. Hansen to give us it for free !!!

Wink For those having the error " required file x. ac3 does not exist " when using installed updated version of MKVtoolnix (on 5. 7. 0 now) , just do the following :

On "MKV Tools" tab, check "Individual locations" then on the following 3 fields browse the corresponding EXE files from the package downloaded on the ZIP file.

Example path on my installation :
D~SOFT~PopCorn MKV AudioConvert~AC1873~Tools~MKVtoolnix~mkvinfo. exe
D:~SOFT~PopCorn MKV AudioConvert~AC1873~Tools~MKVtoolnix~mkvextract. exe
D:~SOFT~PopCorn MKV AudioConvert~AC1873~Tools~MKVtoolnix~mkvmerge. exe

((Replace "~" with back slash))

Smile Thank you very much to Keld R. Hansen to give us it for free !!!

I'm using it to convert MP4 and MKV files with AAC audio to MKV AC3 files. It works very fast.

I'm on Win 7 64 AMD 4 cores 3. 6MHz .

Thank you again!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SqueezeSlave available for Popcorn Hour duanep 15 10,024 12-03-2013 09:08 PM
Last Post: danny harris
  Shairport (emulator airport express) on popcorn lololo 8 6,448 09-17-2012 09:34 PM
Last Post: LordHelmchen
  Support thread for HeartWare's PopCorn MKV Chapter Maker HeartWare 72 54,640 01-01-2012 10:10 AM
Last Post: halfelite
Rainbow Litepodder v1.0.0 for Popcorn Hour A-100/A-110/B-110 (podcast downloader) philofred 117 50,453 04-05-2011 03:17 AM
Last Post: jasch
  Wake up NAS from Popcorn mrfac 36 27,649 03-10-2011 02:56 PM
Last Post: mad1812
  Setting up Popcorn Hour to Logitec Harmony Remote collingwood 5 12,439 12-30-2010 08:54 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  Popcorn does not see Twonky or PS3 Media Server rgn2000 0 3,971 09-02-2010 09:14 PM
Last Post: rgn2000
  SqueezeSlave for PopCorn (??) jjnh 0 2,966 08-20-2010 06:57 PM
Last Post: jjnh
  gedit for popcorn hour? hakank22 5 4,517 05-23-2010 06:22 AM
Last Post: hakank22
Information aMule 2.2.3-2 build for NMT Popcorn Hours [updated 3/31/2009] empatico 59 42,133 03-01-2010 06:19 AM
Last Post: fancyboy2k