Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[MUSIC] Music Jukebox Release 8 Download and Installation
07-20-2009, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2009 01:45 PM by mikeyr.)
RE: Music Jukebox Release 7 Download and Installation
Great instructions, cool software.

Am going to try out a skin, has made me cocky! Graphics hard to read but I'm blind!!!!

I will need to update some XML's however, some really interesting covers popped up!! LOL!!

Mike

EDIT - for the record, Vista and 100% FLAC, no issues at all for me so far!! used latest download exe
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Does this work without an internal HDD in PCH, with only PC and networked PCH?
07-20-2009, 07:15 PM
(07-20-2009 06:50 PM)mrkati Wrote:  Does this work without an internal HDD in PCH, with only PC and networked PCH?
Yes, but you will not be able to use the shuffle or search features. Both of these require MyiHome, which only works with an internal drive.
07-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Hi wandidj, lovin' this program does everything it says on the tin. Was just wondering if it would be possible to get an option to play All Music in my library with an option to shuffle as well. This would be great for house parties in the garden & I would only have to hit the play button once. Regards Darrell

Darrell
07-21-2009, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2009 09:47 AM by bigkid.)
(07-20-2009 07:15 PM)wandidj Wrote:  Yes, but you will not be able to use the shuffle or search features. Both of these require MyiHome, which only works with an internal drive.

Hi Wandidj. If I have my music and the MuscJukebox folder stored on USB attached to the PCH, will shuffle work if the PCH has Myihome running, or must the MusicJukebox reside on the same drive as Myihome for shuffle to work? I ask as I am trying to get this to work at the moment and not having any luck with shuffle mode. I am trying this rather than storing the folder on the internal drive as I also have an egreat NMT which I take away with me on trips along with the USB drive which contains my music and leave the PCH at home. It would be handy to have shuffle mode using both NMTs but only have to update files at one location. (I should mention that I am not using special characters or spaces in the playlist names ;-) )

Regards,

Allan
07-21-2009, 12:02 PM
(07-21-2009 08:30 AM)darrell39 Wrote:  Hi wandidj, lovin' this program does everything it says on the tin. Was just wondering if it would be possible to get an option to play All Music in my library with an option to shuffle as well. This would be great for house parties in the garden & I would only have to hit the play button once. Regards Darrell

There is an option on the "Index pages" tab that means "Automatically maintain master playlists". If you pick that it creates a playlist with all your library files when generating jukebox. Then you only load that playlist and press shuffle. Also, it´s a "Party mode" option on the same tab for the playlists where you can set number of repeat.
07-21-2009, 02:15 PM
My Song/Artist Titles still get cut of after 30 characters when I use mp3 tags :/

Is it just me with this problem? would be bad to retag all my mp3 Sad

oh and thanks for the HTMLENCODE option :>

07-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Meow, i´m watching/listening right now the Arctic Monkeys first album, the one wich contains so large song titles and it´s displayed full text. And i´m using the id3tags for song info on the juke configuration.

(07-21-2009 02:15 PM)meowmoo Wrote:  My Song/Artist Titles still get cut of after 30 characters when I use mp3 tags :/

Is it just me with this problem? would be bad to retag all my mp3 Sad

oh and thanks for the HTMLENCODE option :>
07-21-2009, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2009 04:10 PM by meowmoo.)
confused ok I try to find out whats wrong on my system

07-21-2009, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2009 05:13 PM by wandidj.)
(07-21-2009 08:30 AM)darrell39 Wrote:  Hi wandidj, lovin' this program does everything it says on the tin. Was just wondering if it would be possible to get an option to play All Music in my library with an option to shuffle as well. This would be great for house parties in the garden & I would only have to hit the play button once. Regards Darrell
Already done.
Enable Maintain Master Playlists option and regenerate your menus. You will now have a playlist named All My Music. You can shuffle this, or even play 'Party Mode' (shuffle several times) if your library isn't too large. Party Mode can time out calculating the shuffles on a large collection.

It also gives you a playlist for each music genre. Each of these auto-playlists are maintained by MJB, no need to do anything special when you add to your library.
(07-21-2009 09:46 AM)bigkid Wrote:  Hi Wandidj. If I have my music and the MuscJukebox folder stored on USB attached to the PCH, will shuffle work if the PCH has Myihome running, or must the MusicJukebox reside on the same drive as Myihome for shuffle to work? I ask as I am trying to get this to work at the moment and not having any luck with shuffle mode. I am trying this rather than storing the folder on the internal drive as I also have an egreat NMT which I take away with me on trips along with the USB drive which contains my music and leave the PCH at home. It would be handy to have shuffle mode using both NMTs but only have to update files at one location. (I should mention that I am not using special characters or spaces in the playlist names ;-) )

Regards,

Allan
As long as MyiHome is running, shuffle should work regardless of where your music and menu is located.
(07-21-2009 04:10 PM)meowmoo Wrote:  confused ok I try to find out whats wrong on my system
ID3 tags come in MANY different flavours. ID3v1 supports titles up to 30 characters, MJB supports ID3v1 (read only). The next version was ID3v1 extended (MJB does not support extended at all). This version added 30 additional characters to the titles in a separate location in the file). The next versions were ID3v2, these support tiles longer than 30 characters in the main tags, MJB supports these versions (read and write). You probably have ID3v1 extended tags...
07-21-2009, 06:28 PM
(07-18-2009 03:50 PM)shango Wrote:  I have recently changed my operating system to XP Pro SP3 from Vista Home, since doing so MJB no longer lists my genre's on the main index page, I have MJB set up the same is I did on Vista but it just wont seem to read the Genre from the ID3 tags.

I have MJB set to read tags for "song and genre info", I have also tried "Genre only" but no luck.

I have tried building with "delete all html first" checked and unchecked and also tried deleting all the files in Music/Menu folder manually and then rebuilding but still no luck.

I have uninstalled MJB 7 and reinstalled and have just tried with 7.1 but still no Genre's, had it all working fine with the current settings when I was using it on Vista.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks Shane.

Did you find anything out about this one Wandidj?

Can't be anything to do with MJB itself since the same version worked for me on Vista, it wouldnt be anything like Windows Media Player needs to be installed for MJB or something like that would it?
I have a cut back version of XP that has certain elements removed.

My folder structure is currently

NAS/Music/Artist Name/Album name/MP3 files.

If i restructure to this

NAS/Music/Genre/Artist Name/Album name/MP3 files.

and check "First Level Folder Is Genre"
Would that display my Genre's on the index page in the same way?

Thanks
Shane
07-21-2009, 07:04 PM
(07-21-2009 06:28 PM)shango Wrote:  Did you find anything out about this one Wandidj?

Can't be anything to do with MJB itself since the same version worked for me on Vista, it wouldnt be anything like Windows Media Player needs to be installed for MJB or something like that would it?
I have a cut back version of XP that has certain elements removed.

My folder structure is currently

NAS/Music/Artist Name/Album name/MP3 files.

If i restructure to this

NAS/Music/Genre/Artist Name/Album name/MP3 files.

and check "First Level Folder Is Genre"
Would that display my Genre's on the index page in the same way?

Thanks
Shane
I think I might have found it, still testing. I have a bug in the latest release and your 'Use Tags' doesn't work properly. Edit MusicJukebox.xml and set ID3OVERRIDE to 4. Then try again. Let me know.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to wandidj for this post
07-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks to wandidj I think I have no more real issues.. the problems I had when selecting the skin
is gone now after I deleted and regenerated the menues. I also tested adding videos and it works
beautifully. This is a great place to put my music videos. playlists & muti CD sets also work fine as mentioned.
If I were to change anything I'd like to change the color of the Title in the album page menues.
I will dig on this and see where I need to edit..

Thanks again wandidj !Cool
07-21-2009, 08:19 PM
(07-21-2009 07:04 PM)wandidj Wrote:  Shane
I think I might have found it, still testing. I have a bug in the latest release and your 'Use Tags' doesn't work properly. Edit MusicJukebox.xml and set ID3OVERRIDE to 4. Then try again. Let me know.
[/quote]

Hi Wandidj
That has worked for the MP3 files but it doesn't read the tags from the few FLAC albums that I have even if "Read FLAC/Vorbis Tags" is checked.
I'm sure I read about that in earlier posts though and you are already aware of it and a fix is on the way.

I am a happy man now as I don't have to rearrange my folders Smile

Thanks
Shane.
07-21-2009, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2009 09:11 PM by wandidj.)
(07-21-2009 07:47 PM)kolla Wrote:  Thanks to wandidj I think I have no more real issues.. the problems I had when selecting the skin
is gone now after I deleted and regenerated the menues. I also tested adding videos and it works
beautifully. This is a great place to put my music videos. playlists & muti CD sets also work fine as mentioned.
If I were to change anything I'd like to change the color of the Title in the album page menues.
I will dig on this and see where I need to edit..

Thanks again wandidj !Cool
Depends on what skin you are using. If Default, edit defaultskin.css. If <None>, edit MusicJukebox.css. Both of these have styles defined and you change the colour, font, size here.
(07-21-2009 08:19 PM)shango Wrote:  That has worked for the MP3 files but it doesn't read the tags from the few FLAC albums that I have even if "Read FLAC/Vorbis Tags" is checked.
I'm sure I read about that in earlier posts though and you are already aware of it and a fix is on the way.
Yes, R7.2 has this issue fixed. Just need a couple more days to fix other issues and you should be good-to-go...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Music Video Flow Help agccarmona 8 542 04-02-2014 08:43 PM
Last Post: michael1t
  Plex client just stops and returns to jukebox page mendes9 3 593 02-17-2014 02:59 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  Music Jukebox for A300 rd48sec 1 608 02-06-2014 07:28 AM
Last Post: jluc2808
  [PHOTO] PhotoJukebox Release 1 wim-pch200 122 52,797 12-02-2013 01:17 PM
Last Post: wim-pch200
  Music Flow Jukebox 07-12-2011 michael1t 3 3,401 11-12-2013 03:05 PM
Music [MUSIC] MPD JukeBox (MPDJB) joblo10 384 329,740 11-04-2013 10:53 PM
Last Post: hindibuff
  [plexNMT] Beta Release, Download and Install rip77 118 27,418 10-12-2013 10:36 AM
Last Post: Atinkler
  Basic Jukebox for MP4 metadata sebpinski 0 1,285 08-22-2013 03:27 PM
Last Post: sebpinski
  Movie Flow for All Jukebox 03-21-2013 Updated michael1t 212 83,666 08-14-2013 03:16 PM
Brick [plexNMT] Alpha Testing Release, Download and Installation rip77 117 30,256 05-18-2013 03:19 PM
Last Post: Switchblade