Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
[HTML SKIN] iSkin - YAMJ Skin for iOS, Android, or any device with a web-kit based browser
03-26-2012, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2012 05:07 PM by Bazrah.)
RE: iSkin - YAMJ Skin for iOS, Android, or any device with a web-kit based browser
So the folder would need to be open to Everyone?
Accident has informed me that the password in the Library.xml needs to be the encrypted one which you can find in the YAMJ app path helper if you add a share

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2012, 06:51 PM
RE: iSkin - YAMJ Skin for iOS, Android, or any device with a web-kit based browser
Sounds like you got it working. That's great!

It would be good to have a bit more detailed instructions for the next user that encounters this, if you don't mind writing something up.

iSkin(2) (Donate) | PlexNMTHelper (Donate)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2012, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2012 09:07 AM by Bazrah.)
Yep, all working now.

For those using direct paths this is what you need to do for the library.

The "normal" eversion path for me looks like this:

PHP Code:
<libraries>

<
library>
    <
path>F:\Movies</path>
    <
playerpath>smb://[username=password]192.168.x.x/Movies/</playerpath>

<exclude name="sample,tmp/,temp/,RECYCLER/,RECYCLE.BIN/"/>
    <
description></description>
    <
prebuf></prebuf>
    <
scrapeLibrary>true</scrapeLibrary>
  </
library>

</
libraries

For iSkin in this setup where there is authentication you need to add the encrypted password in the library.

To do this, set up a network share on the pch pointing to your movies folder (not necessary for it to be that exact folder, but makes it easier to understand). Using the standard pch interface you add the ip/host name, folder, share name and then the username and password.

Once you've got that working, go into the App store and download the YAMJ app.

Open the YAMJ app. When it's loaded you'll see on the right hand side a menu item "Playerpath Help". Select that and you'll get a list on the left hand side of the drives and pre-setup shares. Find the share you just set up and highlight it. At the bottom right you'll see a number of items under "Playerpath Root". The bottom option is "Eversion Only" and here you'll see the path as per the library.xml but the password is encrypted.

Get a pencil and write it down!

Make a copy of the Library.xml and name it My_iSkin_Library.xml (or whatever you want) and change the player path in the library.xml with the encrypted password:

PHP Code:
<libraries>

<
library>
    <
path>F:\Movies</path>
    <
playerpath>smb://[username=encryptedpassword]192.168.x.x/Movies/</playerpath>

<exclude name="sample,tmp/,temp/,RECYCLER/,RECYCLE.BIN/"/>
    <
description></description>
    <
prebuf></prebuf>
    <
scrapeLibrary>true</scrapeLibrary>
  </
library>

</
libraries

The last step is in your YAMJ.cmd file you use to kick off the YAMJ process put the new Library.xml name:

PHP Code:
@Echo OFF
c
:
CD \YAMJ
CALL moviejukebox 
-D mjb.skin.dir=c:\YAMJ\skins\iSkin My_iSkin_Library.xml -o C:\PCHsite
exit 

[+] 2 users say Thank You to Bazrah for this post
03-27-2012, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2012 06:25 AM by accident.)
side note: the current 200 released firmwares will not display the encrypted password. there is no easy way to get them at this time so you'd need to also own a popbox or 300 to get the encrypted version of the password. Or ask someone with one to add the share and get it for you.

PS-those paths may work in an html skin also for multimount, never tried them. When eversion was started those paths didn't work anywhere. I think it was syabas adapting how eversion saved paths to an api update that added them.
04-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Gfb107,

Feature request for iSkin2 from the missus

Any chance of adding a Bookmark feature or 'Add to Favourites'

My movie collection is 1000+ so this feature would be extremely useful.

A 'His' and 'Hers' favourites would be ideal Smile

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

litfoo

Samsung UE32B7020, Yamaha RX-V3900 , SKY+ HD ,Popcorn Hour C-200, Qnap TS-410, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360, Wii, Bose Acoustimass 15, Logitech Harmony 1000 and RF Extender
04-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Can you provide a bit more description for this?
(04-01-2012 10:57 AM)litfoo Wrote:  Gfb107,

Feature request for iSkin2 from the missus

Any chance of adding a Bookmark feature or 'Add to Favourites'

My movie collection is 1000+ so this feature would be extremely useful.

A 'His' and 'Hers' favourites would be ideal Smile

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

litfoo

04-01-2012, 08:49 PM
hi gfb107,

for example, when I am viewing the 'details' page of a particular movie, there could be a button/image called 'Bookmark' or 'Add to Favourites'

This would then add this particular movie to another menu under 'Categories'

This would then act to filter movies from a larger main library and remember what movies caught my eye as i was flicking through the pages

Order could be:

Search
Other
Bookmarks or Favourites
Genres
Title
etc

- would then be a good idea to have a 'remove bookmark' or 'remove from favourites' too

when i mentioned 'his' and 'hers' i was visualising having 2 seperate bookmark/favourites folders - this could then avoid confusion between my missus and I Shy

hope I have made myself clearer

litfoo

Samsung UE32B7020, Yamaha RX-V3900 , SKY+ HD ,Popcorn Hour C-200, Qnap TS-410, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360, Wii, Bose Acoustimass 15, Logitech Harmony 1000 and RF Extender
04-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I have tried to install the Iskin, I have the new IPAD, and a C200

I tried to follow the guide.

YAMJ is working now, but where should I install Myihome, on the popcorn hard disk or on my computer?

I am totally lost, anyone know a little more detailed guide for dummies Smile
04-07-2012, 08:28 PM
You need the NMT applications installed on your C200, and you need myiHome started on your C200. That's assuming you will be playing videos from the C200's internal hard drive.

04-13-2012, 04:04 AM
fyi: mjb.nbThumbnailsPerPage=9999

I'm not sure if you made that as a everything in 1 file but 9999 is too small
04-13-2012, 11:40 AM
your filename writer for the json files has an issue with the filename for $!#* my dad says (tv show)
04-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Where's the latest version of this, would love to give it a go Smile
04-13-2012, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 02:50 PM by gfb107.)
You have more that 10000 videos in your collection? Holy cow.

Yes, I want only one file for each category, set, index, etc. I suppose I might as well make it 1000000.
(04-13-2012 04:04 AM)accident Wrote:  fyi: mjb.nbThumbnailsPerPage=9999

I'm not sure if you made that as a everything in 1 file but 9999 is too small

I'll look into this.

(04-13-2012 11:40 AM)accident Wrote:  your filename writer for the json files has an issue with the filename for $!#* my dad says (tv show)

Links to everything are in the Announcement Post
(04-13-2012 12:07 PM)Whittie Wrote:  Where's the latest version of this, would love to give it a go Smile

04-14-2012, 04:27 PM
I finally had a chance to build part of my library and preview2 is looking nice..

some suggestions:

the ones http streaming people could do easily without much effort on your part:

- some way to launch the video on the tablet itself. I am using an android install and bsplayer can play everything I throw at it. not sure how to link that from a browser url, I'll look into that if you need some more info. my setup happens to be all http streamed so nothing special is needed for the play url at least for me.

- some way to launch the video on the tablet but using an alternate url. this would be for remote playback while on the road. I probably have the worst case senario here because I have 3 different nas's that would each need a different alternate url so I could port forward to the correct nas remotely.

- some way to upnp send the video for playback to a non-pch (internet connected tv for example).. lundman could probably point you to the info you need to send the command. this feature should also allow you to play/control an a110 without installing anything special on it or having a drive in it

- if you want to get really fancy, sending the upnp command to a device not normally in your list.. tie it in with the remote playback and you have a way to walk into somewhere, find a video and play it on that device/tv that's not normally part of your house remotely Smile not sure how possible this might be with a browser based solution.

General:

- the episode play button is a little small, it doesn't always register I pressed it on my hp tablet and I find I need to zoom it just to hit the button most of the time.
- I know it's formatted for your tablet but there's room for another row of posters. I didn't notice a setting for this but maybe with the "ajaxing" it's doing you could detect the size of the browser and adjust the screen accordingly. that would also allow you to hold the tablet sideways and fill the screen and it'll look nice on phone, tablet, etc ebcause it fits well.
- yamj supports fanart.tv artwork now. I would be amazing to see the new-tv and tv shows index use tvthumbs instead of normal thumbnails (http://www.fanart.tv)
- the yamj xml has season and episode in the index.. you could offer some interesting who show layouts for tv shows sets now instead of the generic set list of seasons. this also would allow you to use thetvdb specials airing data to give a list of episodes including specials merged with the season. (btw if you start to merge, use doctor who (2005) for your test data.. this show has every possible senario for a special that needs to merge with a season)
04-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi Gfb107,

Ive just tried running the preview 2 for the first time for iSkin2. But i am having a problem accessing the url, and wanted to know if you know what I'm doing wrong?!

I updated both iSkin and iSkin2 and ran them.

They are both stored in my web directory on my NAS Server.

I can access iSkin folder fine and it loads correctly via: http://192.168.1.11:5080/iSkin.html - when i press enter it loads correctly but changes the url too:
http://192.168.1.11:5080/iSkin/Categorie...Categories

However, i can not get iSkin2 to work! No idea what I'm doing wrong!

Ive tried this:
http://192.168.1.11:5080/iSkin2.html
But when i press enter it changes to this: http://192.168.1.11:5080/iSkin2/index.html and says page not found!

port 5080 i think is the web server. Both the iSkin directories are located here in this web directory.

BTW, I'm using a macbook.

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [TOOL] YAMJ Trakt.tv App Omertron 57 11,617 04-13-2014 06:31 PM
Last Post: andrewebs
  [Guide] Install YAMJ on Ubuntu Server 10.04 ExPaT.uk 15 7,220 04-13-2014 02:57 PM
Last Post: BanditRider
Star [TOOL] YAYMan (Yet Another Yamj Manager) v0.99.99.26 nordin 1,505 576,184 04-12-2014 11:43 AM
Last Post: Kubra
  [HTML SKIN] All-in-One Package SabishGT skin [Update: 28.05.2011] gt-eins 2,108 615,848 04-06-2014 10:23 PM
Last Post: jomuir
Lightbulb [Guide] [200] Jukebox Paths (YAMJ doesn't play but pch does) [all jukeboxes] accident 47 23,411 03-26-2014 12:21 AM
Last Post: patim
  [Guide] START HERE: How to install YAMJ accident 216 188,446 02-25-2014 06:42 PM
Last Post: jluc2808
Star [TOOL] Dynamic YAMJ & Music JukeBox server - NMTServer 1.82 released [5 Feb. 2011] ithiel 2,271 1,079,000 02-19-2014 06:24 PM
Last Post: doubledrat
  [HTML SKIN] ÆON Movie Wall YAMJ *UPDATE* May 9, 2010 - Clean Up #4 ejp 8,808 2,605,541 02-12-2014 09:41 PM
Last Post: Ashley280
  [FLASH SKIN] Legion's Overlays and Mods for evZap! (02/27 update) Legion455 311 82,159 01-02-2014 10:18 PM
Last Post: grimmace92
  [Guide] Run YAMJ directly from Synology NAS - 411J - A300 melonboy 63 19,217 10-24-2013 09:12 AM
Last Post: Omertron