Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
monoLite - Alternative NMT Player for TS files
10-01-2009, 11:58 PM
RE: monoLite - Alternative NMT Player for TS files
Released a new version last night. Check first post of thread for changelist.

-Mark
Find all posts by this user
10-02-2009, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2009 09:29 PM by bellissimo.)
Gave latest version a go. Now plays my Topfield programs, so many thanks!

Noticed one small problem. I was trying out the skip forward 30s feature. However after a number of presses (not sure how many, between 10 and 20 maybe), it stopped skipping forward. It looked like it tried to skip, but did not actually progress forwards at all. If I pressed a number key it would then skip successfully to that percentage, and then I could use the skip 30s button again, until once more it stops working. I noticed that although I could no longer skip forward, I could still skip back.

Probably not going to be a problem in practice, but a curious issue...

Apart from that, working very well indeed. Nice and quick too!
10-03-2009, 08:47 PM
(10-02-2009 09:26 PM)bellissimo Wrote:  Noticed one small problem. I was trying out the skip forward 30s feature. However after a number of presses (not sure how many, between 10 and 20 maybe), it stopped skipping forward. It looked like it tried to skip, but did not actually progress forwards at all. If I pressed a number key it would then skip successfully to that percentage, and then I could use the skip 30s button again, until once more it stops working. I noticed that although I could no longer skip forward, I could still skip back.

Probably not going to be a problem in practice, but a curious issue...

Apart from that, working very well indeed. Nice and quick too!

Are you sure you didn't reach the end of the file? Was your file edited at all? If the player cannot find the time you are seeking to, it will either try to return to your original position or wrap back around to the start of the file. Is the bug reproducible or random when trying again on the same file? I'm trying to figure out if it's something about the file or maybe some timing issue in my app - maybe from pressing seek too fast?

By the way, it looks like I'll have to take a break from this project for at least 2 months. I'm leaving home for a business trip and won't have access to my dev system or NMT.

-Mark
10-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Quote:Press enter on the "Install_monoLite_A-1.html" file.……… You will have to repeat the install procedure if you reboot or power off the NMT

I powered off my PCH and now I cannot "re-install" monoLite. I get the message "..Request cannot be processed...".Undecided

Does somebody have a solution?

Thanks

TV: Sony 52W5500 - Amp: Sony DAV F200 - Blu Ray: Sony BDP S350 - NMT: Popcorn Hour A-110 - PC: Hauppauge WinTV-Nova PCI/DV Scheduler
10-09-2009, 11:31 PM
(10-09-2009 03:54 PM)verdigny Wrote:  I powered off my PCH and now I cannot "re-install" monoLite. I get the message "..Request cannot be processed...".Undecided

Does somebody have a solution?

Thanks
Can you provide a bit more information. ie,

1. Are the files on a USB drive or a network mount.

2. Are you able to navigate to the files?

3. When do you get the error message? WHen you try to click on the install file?

4. Did you modify the install files at all?

Anything else you can think of that will help us understand more about your situation would be useful.

Marc
10-10-2009, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2009 09:05 AM by verdigny.)
Quote:Are the files on a USB drive or a network mount.
USB drive : USB_DRIVE_A-1.
Quote:Are you able to navigate to the files?
Yes.
Quote:When do you get the error message?
Press enter on the "Install_monoLite_A-1.html" file: OK
Press enter again when prompted ": ..Request cannot be processed...".
Quote:Did you modify the install files at all?
No.

Installed applications on PCH:
1 - FileManager
2 - Telnetd
3 - Customized index

Active applications
Serveur UPnP AV : stopped
Serveur myiHome : stopped
Serveur FTP : Démarrage
Serveur Samba : Démarrage
Serveur NFS : Démarrage
Torrent : stopped
Usenet Client : stopped
Casgle iDVR : stopped

Firmware
Version du Firmware : 01-17-090204-15-POP-403-000
Version du Kernel : 15-POP
Version du NMT : 00-17-090115-15-POP-403

start_app.sh file
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
PATH=/share/Apps/Telnetd/bin:/share/bin:/share/Apps/AppInit:$PATH
HOME=/share
export TERM="xterm"
alias mc="mc -c"

#Copy waitimages when they are available
if [ -n "`ls -Al /share/Photo/_waitimages_/*.jpg 2>/dev/null`" ]; then
    cp /share/Photo/_waitimages_/* /bin
fi

#For some NMT hardware (like Popcorn B-110) compatibility may go up when creating a
#symbolic link HARD_DISK to SATA_DISK
if [ ! -d "/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK" ]; then
    ln -s /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK
fi

#cleanup old files
rm -f /share/busybox 2>&1 >/dev/null
rm -f /share/commands.cgi 2>&1 >/dev/null
#M_A_R_K_E_R_do_not_remove_me

exit 0

The first installation that was OK was with nonoLite v_1.02
The one that does not work is v_1.03. (I cannot try with 1.02, I deleted it)
I did not add or remove any application in between.
I tried with 2 different USB keys.

TV: Sony 52W5500 - Amp: Sony DAV F200 - Blu Ray: Sony BDP S350 - NMT: Popcorn Hour A-110 - PC: Hauppauge WinTV-Nova PCI/DV Scheduler
10-10-2009, 05:44 PM
The first thing I would try is telnet'ing into the NMT and executing the shell install script from the telnet session. This will get you more info.

Marc
10-10-2009, 07:50 PM
(10-10-2009 05:44 PM)marcaronson408 Wrote:  The first thing I would try is telnet'ing into the NMT and executing the shell install script from the telnet session. This will get you more info.

Marc

It would be a pleasure to try, but I cannot write a line of code Blush. The only thing I know is "copy" then "paste" Wink
Could you write this line for me ? Rolleyes
Thank you.

10-10-2009, 07:57 PM
The installation script and html file has never changed since the first version released back in August. So it will not make any difference which version of the player your try. I suspect it's some random issue in the NMT itself. Maybe it sometimes mounts the drives in some non-standard paths or fails to start the html/cgi server. Try a reboot. If that fails, you would need to use telnet to debug it as Marc suggested.

The install script is very simple and can be performed manually or added to your existing startup script. It just copies monoLite to /bin/monoLite, renames /bin/mono to /bin/mono-old and finally copies my mono.sh to /bin/mono.
10-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi,

is there any key to switch from a audio track 1 to another audio track ? Or is this only for the first Audio track on the TS Stream?

Thx Mark
10-11-2009, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2009 05:44 PM by verdigny.)
(10-10-2009 07:57 PM)wizziwig Wrote:  … Try a reboot. If that fails, …
I have already tried several times and nothing changes.

Quote:The install script is very simple and can be performed manually or added to your existing startup script. It just copies monoLite to /bin/monoLite, renames /bin/mono to /bin/mono-old and finally copies my mono.sh to /bin/mono.

Being unable to write a ligne of code in direct live. I prefer changing the file named "start_app.sh" that, I think, is loaded at each boot of the NMT.
Here is what I imagine.Angle
First, I created by FTP a folder "monoLite" in the folder "Apps" on "HARD_DISK" and copied the two files "mono.sh" and "monoLite" from the install folder.
Then I think to modify the "start_app.sh" file as below.

Could you have a look and let me know if it will work?

Thank you for your patience

Quote:#!/bin/sh
#
PATH=/share/Apps/Telnetd/bin:/share/bin:/share/Apps/AppInit:$PATH
HOME=/share
export TERM="xterm"
alias mc="mc -c"
#Copy waitimages when they are available
if [ -n "`ls -Al /share/Photo/_waitimages_/*.jpg 2>/dev/null`" ]; then
cp /share/Photo/_waitimages_/* /bin
fi
#For some NMT hardware (like Popcorn B-110) compatibility may go up when creating a
#symbolic link HARD_DISK to SATA_DISK
if [ ! -d "/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK" ]; then
ln -s /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK
fi

#Loading monoLite
# 1- Testing if "monoLite" already loaded. I guess: not sure :-(
if [ test ! -e /bin/mono-old ]; then
# If not already loaded
# 2- Rename "mono" to "mono-old"

mv /bin/mono /bin/mono-old;
# 3- Copy "mono.sh" from "/Apps/monoLite" folder to "bin" folder and rename it "mono" without extension
cp /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Apps/monoLite/mono.sh /bin/mono;
# 4- Change "mono" to chmod 755
chmod 755 /bin/mono;
# 5- Copy "monoLite" from "/Apps/monoLite/monoLite" folder to "bin" folder
cp /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Apps/monoLite/monoLite /bin/monoLite;
# 6- Change "monoLite" to chmod 755
chmod 755 /bin/monoLite;
fi

#cleanup old files
rm -f /share/busybox 2>&1 >/dev/null
rm -f /share/commands.cgi 2>&1 >/dev/null
#M_A_R_K_E_R_do_not_remove_me

exit 0

The advantage of this solution (if working) would be to allow to power Off the NMT without having to re-install monoLite on the next Power On. Would it be?

[+] 1 user says Thank You to verdigny for this post
10-11-2009, 10:30 PM
RE: monoLite - Alternative NMT player for TS files
(09-09-2009 12:03 AM)wizziwig Wrote:  It only plays codecs supported by Syabas. If regular mono does not play that version of AAC, then neither will my app.

Edit: Never heard of aac-LATM before but it looks like it's just aac with some additional multiplexing. I might be able to hack in some support if you can provide a small sample.
I think you said you were on leave for 2 months. In case you have some time I have PM'ed you a link for a file (not so small about 90MB) that has h.264 video and AAC-HE LATM audio that is now becoming quite common as a format for DVB-T broadcasters but the PCH can't play (the audio)

When you get the chance it would be great if you could check it out

Thanks
10-11-2009, 11:05 PM
(10-11-2009 10:30 PM)lchiu7 Wrote:  I think you said you were on leave for 2 months. In case you have some time I have PM'ed you a link for a file (not so small about 90MB) that has h.264 video and AAC-HE LATM audio that is now becoming quite common as a format for DVB-T broadcasters but the PCH can't play (the audio)

When you get the chance it would be great if you could check it out

Thanks

Since the old microcode that the A/B series uses doesn't support HE-LATM, investigating it too deeply will likely be a waste of time. I tried to remux the LATM container to standard AAC on the fly and it was not very successful.

Martin
10-11-2009, 11:09 PM
(10-11-2009 11:05 PM)emveepee Wrote:  Since the old microcode that the A/B series uses doesn't support HE-LATM, investigating it too deeply will likely be a waste of time. I tried to remux the LATM container to standard AAC on the fly and it was not very successful.

Martin

I thought the Sigma Design latest SDK for that chip had that audio support - it was just a matter for Syabas to update the firmware. Of course if they did that, then we wouldn't need this tool so I guess we are stuck between a rock and a hard place :-(
10-12-2009, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 01:16 AM by wizziwig.)
(10-10-2009 09:45 PM)MarkusW Wrote:  Hi,

is there any key to switch from a audio track 1 to another audio track ? Or is this only for the first Audio track on the TS Stream?

Thx Mark

Not at this time. You would need to modify mono.sh to make the player always select track 2. ml_flags="-audio 2"
(10-11-2009 10:39 AM)verdigny Wrote:  Being unable to write a ligne of code in direct live. I prefer changing the file named "start_app.sh" that, I think, is loaded at each boot of the NMT.
Here is what I imagine.Angle
First, I created by FTP a folder "monoLite" in the folder "Apps" on "HARD_DISK" and copied the two files "mono.sh" and "monoLite" from the install folder.
Then I think to modify the "start_app.sh" file as below.

Could you have a look and let me know if it will work?

Thank you for your patience

That looks fine. Since this script only runs once when you boot the player, you don't even need to test if monoLite is already installed. But it should work the way you have it assuming those paths are correct. I don't have a hard disk in my player so I never tested this method myself.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Music player minion connection problems webkocken 6 4,884 09-24-2013 12:18 AM
Last Post: glorifyday
Rainbow Music Player Daemon (MPD) - v0.16.2 shadowcode 124 53,453 09-23-2013 01:11 AM
Last Post: glorifyday
  Is it possible to code a HULU player for the A-110? mulderfox 0 1,126 01-05-2013 11:11 AM
Last Post: mulderfox
  Music Player Daemon (MPD) 2010-04-04 v0.15.9 shadowcode 245 107,736 03-10-2012 01:05 AM
Last Post: ianny
  Unrar multiple files? siul85 13 8,390 06-24-2011 02:01 PM
Last Post: SiggiAZE
  sort files by date??? Please? lane87 5 3,151 04-25-2011 09:32 PM
Last Post: lane87
  music player daemon MPD & PCH Remote control beatnut88 19 11,969 12-22-2010 12:31 AM
Last Post: dooly
  Creating splitted archives on NMT A-100 (7Zip or alternative)? freeekbert 4 5,501 11-02-2010 07:51 PM
Last Post: freeekbert
  See all files on nmt ianb 1 2,012 08-01-2010 02:53 PM
Last Post: dc11ab
  Transfering files from the internal HDD on a USB Drive rypm77 5 3,225 07-25-2010 01:11 PM
Last Post: JackSpratt