Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to shut down the PCH
04-18-2008, 09:22 PM
How to shut down the PCH
Hello,

When I press the powerbutton on the remote the green led becomes oronage, but the PCH is still turned on. Only the screen becomes black.

So, I always pull the plug out of the PCH, but i ask myself: Can this damage your PCH?
Find all posts by this user
04-18-2008, 11:43 PM

This aint yer grandma's dvd player.

from the wiki:

Power Button

Press Power - Standby A-100 (Video DAC shutdown)
Press Power + Eject - Soft reboot A-100
Press Power + Delete\Clear - shutdown A-100
04-19-2008, 06:37 AM

it isnt possible to fully put the device in stand by. I just pulled mine out to take the HD out and the box is hot and the HD wasn't even on. I can imagine it's pulling a lot of power to sit there and do nothing. I don't know why they didn't make this device to fully standby. Silly IMO.
04-19-2008, 07:17 AM

dogmanky Wrote:Press Power + Delete\Clear - shutdown A-100

Except no one tells you that you need to unplug it, htne plug back in, in order to turn it back on. No way to do it from remote.
04-19-2008, 05:22 PM

garp99 Wrote:
dogmanky Wrote:Press Power + Delete\Clear - shutdown A-100

Except no one tells you that you need to unplug it, htne plug back in, in order to turn it back on. No way to do it from remote.

hmm.. that could be. I admittedly didn't test that. My local power co. has slight brownouts from time to time so I have made habit for years to unplug my favorite toys when not in use. If your power outlet is in an inconvenient location, you might want to get an inexspenive toggle switch to plug in between the PH and the wall. I used to do that with my ceiling mounted projector.

I can say that the latest firmware made my PH much more responsive to everything. Maybe this was addressed. I'll have to test tonight.
04-20-2008, 01:20 AM

I don't disconnect the unit from the wall outlet, I do so from the back of the PCH unit... much faster. Smile
04-20-2008, 04:30 AM

A few users have bought the remote power plugs to save unplugging, they are about £10 for a pack of 3:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...87fef78e91

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
04-20-2008, 08:49 AM

chris57 Wrote:A few users have bought the remote power plugs to save unplugging, they are about £10 for a pack of 3:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...87fef78e91
It works fine that way, though I'm not sure if the internal HDD is affected by the power loss when pressing that OFF button. The Blue LED goes on for a fraction of a moment even if the PCH is powered down.

...and these things should be programmable in my Harmony.
04-20-2008, 01:40 PM

Power+delete does NOT shut down your PCH. It will still sit there generating lots of heat. The only way to do it is to unplug the cord. Just found it out by burning my fingers on the heatsink after it was sitting there for a day after Power+delete.
04-21-2008, 08:03 PM

Slavedriver Wrote:Power+delete does NOT shut down your PCH. It will still sit there generating lots of heat. The only way to do it is to unplug the cord. Just found it out by burning my fingers on the heatsink after it was sitting there for a day after Power+delete.

i discovered that power off didnt work immediatly, but i had to press power+delete continously to have it power of completly.
04-21-2008, 08:26 PM

Slavedriver Wrote:Power+delete does NOT shut down your PCH. It will still sit there generating lots of heat. The only way to do it is to unplug the cord. Just found it out by burning my fingers on the heatsink after it was sitting there for a day after Power+delete.

Do all the lights go off completely? If there is any led lit at all then it isn't powered down completely.... see below.

xoloinc Wrote:i discovered that power off didnt work immediatly, but i had to press power+delete continously to have it power of completly.

To power off completely, press the power button on remote, count to 2 and then press the delete button. If you press it too fast or slow, it doesn't always work, you need a little delay between presses but not too much of a delay.

"everything will be ok in the end. if it's not ok, it's not the end" - unknown
04-21-2008, 08:57 PM

LOL, You have to wait a moment. Press Power...wait a moment... and then press delete. Mine completely shuts off. No heat...No Power Smile
04-21-2008, 09:17 PM

Last night, I did a power / delete and ... the lights all went off and the video signal came back to life (HMDI).. it was weird. I couldn't navigate but the dashboard came back up on my projector. lol.

:shock:
04-21-2008, 11:03 PM

I can't shut it down/restart it completely. I always have the orange and red lights.

Disk doesn't spin, but those lights wont go away. I've tried power-eject, power-
delete, power. I have waited 1 sec between power and delete, 2 seconds, 5
seconds. No matter what i do, it's always as if i just had pressed power.

And when i press power again, the orange light becomes green, and the screen
appears almost instantly (not the splash screen, the real screen i had just before
i pressed power to shut it down), which makes me think it never has powered
down.

I have latest firmware.

Anyone got an idea ?
04-22-2008, 05:52 AM

From the WiKi: 4.4 How do I fully shutdown the player when there is no power-off button?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Drobo+ext drive on after I turn off A110, how do I do a proper shut down jcmiro 1 1,514 03-24-2009 12:23 PM
Last Post: andrewcj
  What's the best way to shut down PCH? pc001 8 3,843 10-23-2008 09:01 PM
Last Post: dkcsn
  is PCH shut down (by remote) HDD safe? zx-9r 4 1,766 09-11-2008 11:45 AM
Last Post: journey4712