User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Oversight Jukebox v1.0
03-06-2010, 02:02 PM
OverSight r707 - Bug Report
@lordy - Here's the manual test report
TV: Sony Bravia 1080p/24 in 60Hz
TV Mode: 9
Firstly, the new 707 1080p implementation is pretty much spot on - Items are well located and the new episode title layout on the TV screens is a big step forward. I'm a professional software developer and tester in my work life so expect harshness, but don't take it personally; the software is generally great and 707 is much more stable than the last couple of testing releases so the progress is really good.
Here's the bugs I've found in, what I can see as being priority order...
1) MISSING DATA - When scanning new movies OverSight is no longer returning the certificate data. The result of this is that in poster mode, when the title of the movie is displayed at the top instead of seeing "MyMovie (2003) UK: 15" for example, you see "MyMovie (2003) :". In the detail view there is no image for the certificate displayed. This has two components, the first that the data hasn't been picked up, the second that if the data is not available it would look nicer if the trailing " :" was not present.
2) REINSTALL - Every time I have rebooted my PCH, if I want to rescan any media then I have to go through the OverSight reinstall routine first before scanning else the scan will lock up. This only happens once until I reboot the PCH (I can scan any number of times without reinstalling) but I'm back to square one after that. Again, as a user I have two issues with this process..
a) Ideally, OverSight would detect that the current scan is the first scan since the hardware was started and reinstall itself in the background before the scan begins.
b) The 'reinstall' button is more of a 'fix me' button. I think that the term 'reinstall' is quite scary for some users who will be worried about losing stuff (Doesn't bother me anymore because I know the drill so to speak, but I stumbled on this one for a couple of months)
(Now we're getting to really really minor picky things...)
3) POSTER VIEW - When you select a movie and then move off that movie onto one of the filter boxes or buttons on that page then I would expect the movie title to go away but it remains on the screen (like I said - being picky)
4) DETAIL VIEW - When you select a bottom row item on a TV show detail page then the page scrolls down by a couple of pixels. It's almost imperceptible, but it's there.
5) POSTER VIEW HIGHLIGHTED - When all of the items in the poster view are highlighted as 'new' it seems to expand the size of the boxes for each movie to such an extent that moving to the side of the screen causes the screen to scroll a bit and jump back. This can be worked around by making the image size smaller to account for this but this means wasted resolution on the poster images. maybe the highlight could shrink the image it's highlighting so the overall size of image plus border does not change or the highlight could become an overlay icon of some kind (This is where my knowledge falls down as to the capability of the Gaya browser to deal with such things).
Although not strictly bugs, it would be nice to be able to change the following in General Settings...
Only Fallen Angels can sing this loud!
Popcorn Hour C-200 / A-300
Samsung 3D LED 46"