Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Possible Cool Features:
This poll is closed.
Custom Titles for IMDB 25.00% 4 25.00%
Nested Group /Season Folders 31.25% 5 31.25%
Custom IMDB TAG (in-App) 31.25% 5 31.25%
a way to change font size Wink 12.50% 2 12.50%
Total 16 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
Oversight - Problem / Suggestions.
12-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Lightbulb Oversight - Problem / Suggestions.
Hi all,

I have a little challenge (problem sounds a bit negative Wink)

When I download the stuff from FeedTime into NZBget and then found in Oversight
it works Brilliantly (thank you Lordi and helpers) BUT (here it comes, take shelter)

Especially with my Anime series i got a glitch with movie posters, this is why.
Example:
It downloads and puts the following File "[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuden - 140 [720p].mkv" into Oversight.

Problem:
Oversight sees the Title of the series, but it doesn't see "Naruto Shippuden" but rather; HorribleSubs Naruto Shippuden.

Possible Solution:
Could it be possible in future releases that we can put a custom title (as title entry in the database) Just to match it with the IMDB databases for information?

This way the download HorribleSubs Naruto Shippuden stays in the database, but because of the Custom Title we have given; named: Naruto Shippuden, it's being found in IMDB.

Other Possible Solution:
Maybe we can check on Brackets "[ ]" and don't look at it as part of the Title (Most releasers put their groupnames into brackets, so it can't be part of the title)

Challenge 2:
I found out when organizing my Series into Folders, lets say Naruto (for consistencies sake).
If i want to put All naruto episodes into the Naruto Folder within (/share/Complete) and I do a rescan, it can't find the episodes in the subfolders of /share/Complete.

Is there a special reason for this? Otherwise this could be cool, because
If we put it in a Naruto Shippuden folder (then the scan could see this as an Group folder for a series and tags it's IMDB ID on it.

Another subFolder could serve as Season Folder
Example:
/share/Complete/Naruto Shippuden/Season 1/[HorribleSubs_Naruto_Shippuden_140.mkv

This way IMDB sticks an ID on it, the structure remains clear and you remain in control of all information.

Maybe some stuff i put here may already been discussed, others can simply not be done or take to much time, but please consider it as I think that it could help to improve this wonderfull program.

I wish you all the best of Luck, so we can make the NMT even bigger and better!

Greetings!
Find all posts by this user
12-22-2009, 11:48 AM
RE: Oversight - Problem / Suggestions.
@Novus,

"It downloads and puts the following File "[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuden - 140 [720p].mkv" into Oversight."

I think there's a way in oversight setup to scarp certain names from the movies/series filenames... if you add [HorribleSubs] to that scrap list, that would probably solve your problem...

For problem 2:
if you use the following naming convention to rename your series HorribleSubs_Naruto_Shippuden_S01E40.mkv (season1 episode 40)... I would group all your series together by seasons.

The above never failed for me
Check http://code.google.com/p/oversight/wiki/FileNames
and

"TV Shows

TV Shows should have the title followed by the season and episode.

Separators can usually be any non-alphanumeric characters. eg.

Lost.S05e05.avi Lost.S05e05.720p.hdtv.avi "

Hope this helps,
Espresso

NMT: C-200, 2.5" 320GB WD3200BEKT... NAS-->NMT-->HDMI-->AVR-->HDMI-->TV
A-110, 3.5" 2T WD20EADS
NAS: Synology DS412+, DSM 4.2, 4x2TB, RAID 5
Router: SiteCom 300N XR
TV: Samsung UE46B8000
AVR: Harman/Kardon AVR 355
Game: XBOX 360

12-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi Lordy
After oversignt scanned all 680 movies in NAS . How come the thumbnail of all movies too big look like it put the real size of movie poste (Folder's image). The screen overlap not the way it should be ?? can you help me I didn't change anything on setup of HD poste mode and detail mode.And another thing I can get in oversignt TV interface by go in wed service and TV mode I didn't see TV mode in there only all the program and application including oversignt but when click on HTML nothing happen windoe message said do you want to save the file CGI. But if I click on OVERSIGNT the screen displayed the all 2 row , 8 columbs movies poste very big ????
12-22-2009, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2009 11:39 PM by lordy.)
@Novus,

There is some code to ignore brackets but I forget the sequence that triggers it! I'll check. There are other times when content in brackets is useful. I'll have a look at why it doesnt get recognised by TVRage code. Once it is recognised it will get put in folders as you describe. Though it should not have any problems looking in sub folders of /share/Complete.

@trongson,
1. are you using C200?
2.Was it the correct size at some point and is now incorrect? or was it always too big?
3. What is the Tv mode reported at the bottom of the oversight setup screen?

You can change the poster size by going to Oversight->setup->HD Poster Mode . maybe start with height=300 width=200
Just noticed your poll, thanks for your interest, a few comments:

Custom Title: I'm not sure what yo mean here? Hopefully if Oversight scrapes your Anime properly this should be an issue?
Nested Group/Season folders: Oversight doesnt have any problem scanning sub folders , and as long as it recognises the show, it can move the file to a Season folder.

Custom IMDB Tag: I think this is like having an nfo file with an IMDB tag, that applies to a folder. Something like that could be useful. But needs thinking through. Again if scraping improves there is less need for this. And less effort for the user.

A way to change font size: There are some font size options already.Which particular page element are you referring too?

Oversight: Jukebox | FeedTime: Automatic nzbs
12-23-2009, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2009 06:14 AM by trongson.)
(12-22-2009 11:27 PM)lordy Wrote:  @Novus,

There is some code to ignore brackets but I forget the sequence that triggers it! I'll check. There are other times when content in brackets is useful. I'll have a look at why it doesnt get recognised by TVRage code. Once it is recognised it will get put in folders as you describe. Though it should not have any problems looking in sub folders of /share/Complete.

@trongson,
1. are you using C200?
2.Was it the correct size at some point and is now incorrect? or was it always too big?
3. What is the Tv mode reported at the bottom of the oversight setup screen?

You can change the poster size by going to Oversight->setup->HD Poster Mode . maybe start with height=300 width=200
Just noticed your poll, thanks for your interest, a few comments:

Custom Title: I'm not sure what yo mean here? Hopefully if Oversight scrapes your Anime properly this should be an issue?
Nested Group/Season folders: Oversight doesnt have any problem scanning sub folders , and as long as it recognises the show, it can move the file to a Season folder.

Custom IMDB Tag: I think this is like having an nfo file with an IMDB tag, that applies to a folder. Something like that could be useful. But needs thinking through. Again if scraping improves there is less need for this. And less effort for the user.

A way to change font size: There are some font size options already.Which particular page element are you referring too?

I tried too many hour to correct the screen size but not success so I go to hard drive to delete all thing of oversight after tried to clear image cache, re-install and delete oversignt.conf etc....
Actually my nmt is Egreat 34A my hard drive was flash CF only 16 G all my movies and TV show and DVD reside in another NAS (That I build using FreeNas) The size all of thumbnail not equal some very big some small and display in 2 rows and 8 columbs so the screen overlap i can't use remote control move right left or up and down . In detail screen it displayed background ( Fan.art of movie) and the standard icon on the bottom left no play icon on right bottom have internet icon and movie and I can't play the movie because have no play icon as usual.My screen solution of NMT is 1080i that my TV support. All another jukebox I tried they all displayed normall but not oversignt the reason I tried to use ovesignt because if I have new movie add I don't need to do the Jukebox scan over over again.Oh I forgot In the oversight setup screen said TV mode 6.Now I reinstall oversignt but using ver r571- stable and set up patch scan the same as I did now it scanned but I didn't know the resust yet and in setup screen on the NAS show nothing before it said Movies and Freenas:TV Shows the share isetup in NMT.Now I come back the oversignt cgi .It displayed 46 item scanned and all the thumbail display normal size.That weird something wrong with versior6...-test.Can you re-check what wrong. I didn't change anything in HD mode.
12-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Now Oversight finish scanning all movies and it displayed normal size in 2 rows and 8 columns look very nice but the trouble it when I goto detail view I can't find the button play movie I can only move on 4 icons : return - Home - Mark - Delete nothing elde on top of movie poster that is How do I play the movie The play button I saw in the picture of your post located in bottom screen and next to movie poste But have none on my screen TV
[+] 1 user says Thank You to trongson for this post
12-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Thank you for the fantastic advice, sorry for being a little green here haha.
The scrap list works beautifully!
12-28-2009, 05:35 PM
I suggest to implement an "instant download feature" in the Oversight jukebox web interface, so when enabled, people can download your video files directly through web interface. it would be great if it also worked with USB disks.
12-28-2009, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2009 07:25 PM by lordy.)
(12-23-2009 11:14 AM)trongson Wrote:  The play button I saw in the picture of your post located in bottom screen and next to movie poste But have none on my screen TV

Hi, can you send index.db and gui log? I've raised this as issue 231
(12-28-2009 05:35 PM)Lexluthor Wrote:  I suggest to implement an "instant download feature" in the Oversight jukebox web interface, so when enabled, people can download your video files directly through web interface. it would be great if it also worked with USB disks.

Hi, I think I replied in other thread. I've logged this as issue 232.

Unless you have decent upload bandwidth, it will swamp your internet connection. Streaming will use lower bandwidth but direct download may be an issue for your upload bandwidth.
@trongson - soo seemed to have two issues -
- missing play button
- incorrect size of posters etc.

both fixed when you reverted to the stable version? I've raised as issue 231 and 233 http://code.google.com/p/oversight/issues/list

12-28-2009, 10:31 PM
(12-28-2009 07:10 PM)lordy Wrote:  Unless you have decent upload bandwidth, it will swamp your internet connection. Streaming will use lower bandwidth but direct download may be an issue for your upload bandwidth.

In my specific case bandwidth is not a problem. But possible solution is to customly disable this function or add "bandwidth limit" option
01-02-2010, 11:09 AM
(12-28-2009 07:10 PM)lordy Wrote:  Hi, can you send index.db and gui log? I've raised this as issue 231
(12-28-2009 05:35 PM)Lexluthor Wrote:  I suggest to implement an "instant download feature" in the Oversight jukebox web interface, so when enabled, people can download your video files directly through web interface. it would be great if it also worked with USB disks.

Hi, I think I replied in other thread. I've logged this as issue 232.

Unless you have decent upload bandwidth, it will swamp your internet connection. Streaming will use lower bandwidth but direct download may be an issue for your upload bandwidth.
@trongson - soo seemed to have two issues -
- missing play button
- incorrect size of posters etc.

both fixed when you reverted to the stable version? I've raised as issue 231 and 233 http://code.google.com/p/oversight/issues/list

I'm very disappointed you know why because oversight make my NMT frozen It kept rolling and won't start up after I restart NMT then I have to take out my CF drive ( Hard disk) and put in my computer in order deleted completely oversight out then put CF card back NMT start up normally without oversight . So I gave up no more try. Thank you very much.
01-02-2010, 12:15 PM
(01-02-2010 11:09 AM)trongson Wrote:  I'm very disappointed you know why because oversight make my NMT frozen It kept rolling and won't start up after I restart NMT then I have to take out my CF drive ( Hard disk) and put in my computer in order deleted completely oversight out then put CF card back NMT start up normally without oversight . So I gave up no more try. Thank you very much.

Hi, did just deleting /share/Apps/oversight folder fix your startup issue, or did you have to delete anything else?

01-02-2010, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2010 02:13 PM by trongson.)
(01-02-2010 12:15 PM)lordy Wrote:  Hi, did just deleting /share/Apps/oversight folder fix your startup issue, or did you have to delete anything else?
No I deleted only oversight but the folder named oversight still there because inside have bin folder it don't let me delete it .Then after take out oversight NMT startup OK and fast before it kept rolling , the red light on CF card keep flashing look like it try to find or load something from oversight.When I rolled back to earlie version of oversight the thumbnail displayed OK normal only one problem that I can't play the movie because no play button on bottom screen as usuall another jukebox or your post image display.
01-02-2010, 02:45 PM
@trongson, OK thanks. Might be something in the reboot code. Sorry you had issues. Did your reboot problem just occured with the testing version and not the stable version?

Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cant install Oversight on C-200 kschnei150 0 258 03-30-2014 11:12 AM
Last Post: kschnei150
  multiple copies of oversight.cgi running say170 1 520 03-18-2014 06:24 PM
Last Post: Sproglet
  eversion/oversight list view problem jonny555 0 456 03-02-2014 12:14 PM
Last Post: jonny555
Question Oversight 2380 stopped working after reboot Shadowtester 7 1,325 02-28-2014 01:51 PM
Last Post: guerilla
  Oversight Jukebox r571-stable lordy 1,537 513,204 02-28-2014 01:03 PM
Last Post: mvveelen
  Oversight scan engine for NMJ vaidyasr 12 1,382 02-22-2014 07:50 PM
  my oversight setting skin togo with slickII jonny555 2 672 02-12-2014 01:39 AM
  Eversion not displaying new Oversight Titles pmcd 0 482 12-30-2013 09:24 PM
Last Post: pmcd
  Pch-C300 and Oversight... Aursis 4 1,511 12-28-2013 02:16 PM
  can i set my A110 to immediately open to Oversight when i start it up ? tebbo66 2 890 12-27-2013 12:26 PM
Last Post: tebbo66