Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
MLMJ and genres + index
01-03-2010, 02:45 AM
MLMJ and genres + index
Hi there,

1)
How do I make "Directors", "Actors", Top Rated" and "Oscar" show up on genre menu on My Lil Movie Jukebox ?

2)
I know it is possible to put the index files in root on the HDD of my PCH to make the jukebox start once I choose the harddrive but then I am not able to get into my music and photo folders.
Is it possible in some way to make the jukebox start once I enter the MOVIE folder ?
OR.....are there any skins available which make me exit or enter the music or picture folders pf my PCH ?

Yamaha RX-V633
OPPO DV-980H
Sony Sattelite Speakers
ATEN HDMI switch
PCH C-200
QNAP TS-410
MEDION 32" LCD TV
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2010, 12:18 AM
RE: MLMJ and genres + index

Really nobody that can help me on this one ??

Yamaha RX-V633
OPPO DV-980H
Sony Sattelite Speakers
ATEN HDMI switch
PCH C-200
QNAP TS-410
MEDION 32" LCD TV
01-05-2010, 04:18 AM
I will help, but as I started to write back I noticed that it is a bit more complicated. I am writing something up now, because I just went through this. I need to have a little time to show you how good the MLMJ program is.
01-05-2010, 07:26 AM
My Lil Movie Jukebox (Review)
I am writing this review of My Lil Movie Jukebox (MLMJ) because I think it’s a great program, and I had some problems understanding how good it really is. http://www.treasure-cove.net/moviejukebox.htm Just make sure that if you use Allen’s program that you DO DONATE TO HIS CAUSE, I did. As with any good stuff help them out.

First of all MLMJ is one of many Movie Jukebox programs that is available for the Popcorn Hour media player. It is the main one that uses the program Movie Collector as the input for your data. The Movie Collector program gives you the flexibility to arrange all your data, easily on your computer, and then export it to the PCH. With this program you can control what is exported to your movie collection on the PCH. It gives you total control over what you see on your PCH. You do not have to just settle on what the other programs will provide, take control, have it your way.

Sure Movie Collector http://www.collectorz.com/movie/ is not free, but it sure is a great resource to input all your data into. You then have a single source for your data that is exported to your PCH.

How It Works
You have to understand how MLMJ works, and then you will understand the control you have over the process. You should have noticed that the MLMJ install process creates some filters in Movie Collector (100 - 120) this is how everything is manipulated. This numbering system associated to the FILTER’s in Movie Collector is the key to the whole thing. In Movie Collector you define a filter and then in the Export program you reference that filter. In the EXPORT program for MLMJ you will notice that the TABs have numbers associated to them.
Genres 100 – 120
TV Series 200 - 239
Boxset 300 - 339
Directors 400 - 439
Stars 500 - 659

Add Actors or Directors Genre Export Example
So for example say you wish to have "Actors" show up in the main listing with all your other Genre's http://www.treasure-cove.net/jukeboxtestdrive/119-0.htm you would need to do the following:
----- From Allen -----
To add your own Directors and Actors make a new genre called Actors, or Directors.
Change the 100 ALL Movie Filter to this:
Genre NOT EQUALS Boxset
Genre NOT EQUALS Directors
Genre NOT EQUALS Actors
The above settings will make it so that the actors are not displayed (they are added as movies in Movie Collector) when you are selecting All Movies. It's all about the filters in Movie Collector with MLMJ (you can play with the filters all you want, you just can't change to sort order, the Export program seems to only output in the "Just Tile" sort order).
INPUT INFO INTO MOVIE COLLECTOR
1) In the Genre grouping (100-120) you would need to add "Actors" as a genre, you only get 20 (I also added one for home movies).
2) Then you need to create your Actors in Movie Collector.
• Click Add Movie manually; in Title enter the Actors last name (i.e Seagal).
• In Genre select "Actors" (you need to add "Actors" as a genre in Movie Collector).
• In the Personal tab in "User Text 1" enter the actors last name (i.e. Seagal - the HTML link).
• In Cover select the picture for the actor (you need to have pictures for all the actors created in some location). http://www.treasure-cove.net/CoverBase.zip
• Create the Movie Collector Filter for the Actor.(i.e. 500 Seagal)

OUTPUT WITH THE EXPORT PROGRAM TO YOUR PCH
1) In the Stars tab for HTML (i.e. 500) type in your first Star (i.e. "Seagal").
2) In the Stars tab for Title (i.e. 500) enter the main title for the page (i.e. "Steven Seagal Movie Collection").

Infanview
In the General Tab to select to improve thumbnail images with Infanview, it is definitely worth it. I had problems selecting the option. I then ran the program by itself, and copied the .INF file to the local directory and the problem was curried.
ImageMagick
This option I did not use, I liked the full size image on the detail screen.
01-26-2010, 09:45 PM
(01-05-2010 07:26 AM)sstormer Wrote:  My Lil Movie Jukebox (Review)
I am writing this review of My Lil Movie Jukebox (MLMJ) because I think it’s a great program, and I had some problems understanding how good it really is. http://www.treasure-cove.net/moviejukebox.htm Just make sure that if you use Allen’s program that you DO DONATE TO HIS CAUSE, I did. As with any good stuff help them out.

First of all MLMJ is one of many Movie Jukebox programs that is available for the Popcorn Hour media player. It is the main one that uses the program Movie Collector as the input for your data. The Movie Collector program gives you the flexibility to arrange all your data, easily on your computer, and then export it to the PCH. With this program you can control what is exported to your movie collection on the PCH. It gives you total control over what you see on your PCH. You do not have to just settle on what the other programs will provide, take control, have it your way.

Sure Movie Collector http://www.collectorz.com/movie/ is not free, but it sure is a great resource to input all your data into. You then have a single source for your data that is exported to your PCH.

How It Works
You have to understand how MLMJ works, and then you will understand the control you have over the process. You should have noticed that the MLMJ install process creates some filters in Movie Collector (100 - 120) this is how everything is manipulated. This numbering system associated to the FILTER’s in Movie Collector is the key to the whole thing. In Movie Collector you define a filter and then in the Export program you reference that filter. In the EXPORT program for MLMJ you will notice that the TABs have numbers associated to them.
Genres 100 – 120
TV Series 200 - 239
Boxset 300 - 339
Directors 400 - 439
Stars 500 - 659

Add Actors or Directors Genre Export Example
So for example say you wish to have "Actors" show up in the main listing with all your other Genre's http://www.treasure-cove.net/jukeboxtestdrive/119-0.htm you would need to do the following:
----- From Allen -----
To add your own Directors and Actors make a new genre called Actors, or Directors.
Change the 100 ALL Movie Filter to this:
Genre NOT EQUALS Boxset
Genre NOT EQUALS Directors
Genre NOT EQUALS Actors
The above settings will make it so that the actors are not displayed (they are added as movies in Movie Collector) when you are selecting All Movies. It's all about the filters in Movie Collector with MLMJ (you can play with the filters all you want, you just can't change to sort order, the Export program seems to only output in the "Just Tile" sort order).
INPUT INFO INTO MOVIE COLLECTOR
1) In the Genre grouping (100-120) you would need to add "Actors" as a genre, you only get 20 (I also added one for home movies).
2) Then you need to create your Actors in Movie Collector.
• Click Add Movie manually; in Title enter the Actors last name (i.e Seagal).
• In Genre select "Actors" (you need to add "Actors" as a genre in Movie Collector).
• In the Personal tab in "User Text 1" enter the actors last name (i.e. Seagal - the HTML link).
• In Cover select the picture for the actor (you need to have pictures for all the actors created in some location). http://www.treasure-cove.net/CoverBase.zip
• Create the Movie Collector Filter for the Actor.(i.e. 500 Seagal)

OUTPUT WITH THE EXPORT PROGRAM TO YOUR PCH
1) In the Stars tab for HTML (i.e. 500) type in your first Star (i.e. "Seagal").
2) In the Stars tab for Title (i.e. 500) enter the main title for the page (i.e. "Steven Seagal Movie Collection").

Infanview
In the General Tab to select to improve thumbnail images with Infanview, it is definitely worth it. I had problems selecting the option. I then ran the program by itself, and copied the .INF file to the local directory and the problem was curried.
ImageMagick
This option I did not use, I liked the full size image on the detail screen.

Thank you for your kind help.
I did not see this reply before now-
It was very usefull.
Thank you for taking the efforts to help me.

Petter

Yamaha RX-V633
OPPO DV-980H
Sony Sattelite Speakers
ATEN HDMI switch
PCH C-200
QNAP TS-410
MEDION 32" LCD TV
03-09-2010, 04:44 PM
I have just installed MLMJ and everything seems to work perfectly except an index of genres. I can see the filters, I can confirm that movies exist in the filters but when I run the export program all I get is an alphabetical list of movies - no genres.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled MoC and MLMJ. I've run and rerun the setup program but all to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

I'm running Vista and A110. I can live without the genres but would like them to be there. Any ideas?
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MLMJ and Movie Collector 9 johnfromen6 7 2,719 06-19-2013 02:03 AM
Last Post: gsbaker
  [MLMJ] DVD Empire Script broken gsbaker 3 1,750 05-02-2013 12:28 AM
  [MLMJ] Script to convert from MLMJ to YAMJ Swannpin 9 2,676 02-16-2012 04:51 PM
Last Post: Swannpin
  [MLMJ] - Upgrading to Movie Collector 8??? gsbaker 4 3,715 11-21-2011 11:35 AM
Last Post: bigkid
  MLMJ and genre filters in MoC Penge58 1 1,781 08-28-2011 02:50 PM
  MLMJ Irfanview not closing when done Penge58 0 1,406 08-25-2011 10:44 AM
Last Post: Penge58
  MLMJ - Stops at Initializing Variables bigkid 16 4,947 07-22-2011 03:45 AM
Last Post: bigkid
  [MLMJ] Is this project still active? charlesc 23 7,085 06-28-2011 11:39 PM
Last Post: michael1t
  MLMJ stuck with MoC version 7.1.6 Penge58 5 2,440 06-23-2011 05:47 PM
  MLMJ export issues - adding nmt: to location zhakrin 1 1,920 06-21-2011 02:56 PM