Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
[kroozbox] Multiple databases & parental controls
02-17-2010, 02:01 AM
[kroozbox] Multiple databases & parental controls
Nono,
In reference to this earlier thread: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=22935

You suggested I create 2 databases in mymovies. I could not figure out how to do that so I created a database in PVR that contains the R-rated stuff.

The question is: can I have kroozbox see both of those databases, create a separate jukebox for each, and password protect one or both of them?

Currently, when I fire up the PCH, the mymovies database is listed as item 4. It would be great to have the PVR jukebox listed as item 5 and require a password to get in.

Thanks,
rkhames
Find all posts by this user
02-19-2010, 05:52 PM
RE: [kroozbox] Multiple databases & parental controls
Sorry for the late answer.

Yes you can have two separate jukebox (10 if you want - music, other db, etc).

You have subfolder called "templates" in your kroozbox installation folder. In it you should have the template for PVD as well ("PVDTemplate-HD").
Open "kroozbox.properties" located in the PVD template.
Set those properties:

StartService = true
dbName = the path of where is your PVD database file is located - ex.: C:/PVDDatabase/MOVIES.PVD

Restart Kroozbox and verify that you can access from browser (http://the ip address of kroozbox:9008) and PCH.

Now, lets set up the password:
Again in kroobox.properties file, uncommente the property "htmlPassword" (by removing the #) and make it equal to your password:

htmlPassword= mm

Also uncommente the "protectionHTMLCategory" property:

protectionHTMLCategory = PageProtection
This specifies the page that will be show and use to compare against the password (PageProtection.html located in the "html" subfolder).

Now, this is a site level protection - not very strong I should add.
Restart Kroozbox.

Also, since you are new to PVD you might want to look at this post for a better intergration with the newest version pf PVD. It lets Kroozbox connect directly to the PVD database without having to make a local copy of it (you get faster update on the borwser and PCH UI - otherwise yo have to wait one minute).
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1264.0
02-21-2010, 10:47 PM
(02-19-2010 05:52 PM)Nono Wrote:  Sorry for the late answer.

Yes you can have two separate jukebox (10 if you want - music, other db, etc).

You have subfolder called "templates" in your kroozbox installation folder. In it you should have the template for PVD as well ("PVDTemplate-HD").
Open "kroozbox.properties" located in the PVD template.
Set those properties:

StartService = true
dbName = the path of where is your PVD database file is located - ex.: C:/PVDDatabase/MOVIES.PVD

Restart Kroozbox and verify that you can access from browser (http://the ip address of kroozbox:9008) and PCH.

Now, lets set up the password:
Again in kroobox.properties file, uncommente the property "htmlPassword" (by removing the #) and make it equal to your password:

htmlPassword= mm

Also uncommente the "protectionHTMLCategory" property:

protectionHTMLCategory = PageProtection
This specifies the page that will be show and use to compare against the password (PageProtection.html located in the "html" subfolder).

Now, this is a site level protection - not very strong I should add.
Restart Kroozbox.

Also, since you are new to PVD you might want to look at this post for a better intergration with the newest version pf PVD. It lets Kroozbox connect directly to the PVD database without having to make a local copy of it (you get faster update on the borwser and PCH UI - otherwise yo have to wait one minute).
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1264.0

Nono,
Thanks,
I decided to work on getting the latest version of PVD working with firebird first. How do I figure out the IP address of the firebird server?
Thanks,
rkhames
02-22-2010, 12:16 AM
It would be the IP of the machine running firebird server... you can:
Run "cmd" from the run command in your start menu and in the command window type: ipconfig
hit enter. you'll get a list of the interface with their IP address (you want the "IPv4 Address").
02-22-2010, 01:56 AM
(02-22-2010 12:16 AM)Nono Wrote:  It would be the IP of the machine running firebird server... you can:
Run "cmd" from the run command in your start menu and in the command window type: ipconfig
hit enter. you'll get a list of the interface with their IP address (you want the "IPv4 Address").

Ok. Thanks. I got PVD to talk with Firebird and PVD now shows that it is accessing the database through the server IP address. I updated the kroozbox.properties file as directed. I check via html and could see the jukebox. After a reboot, I can't access the jukebox through html or the PCH though. What happened?
02-22-2010, 02:59 AM
(02-22-2010 01:56 AM)rkhames Wrote:  Ok. Thanks. I got PVD to talk with Firebird and PVD now shows that it is accessing the database through the server IP address. I updated the kroozbox.properties file as directed. I check via html and could see the jukebox. After a reboot, I can't access the jukebox through html or the PCH though. What happened?

Nono,
When I run startme.bat, the PVD jukebox shows up. I can see the movies and play them. Not sure why I need startme instead of that happening on the service startup when I boot the PC. I am guessing that there is an easy fix for that but, I didn't see anything in the readme files, etc.

Also, I noticed that my movies do not work the same as they do through my "my movies" jukebox. My movies are all video_ts rips and the PVD jukebox just plays one .vob file at a time. Playback is not seamless and I can't rewind, etc. The "my movies" jukebox plays them back just like I have a DVD in a DVD player. Not sure why the difference.
Thanks again,
rkhames
03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
For the service:

You have to add the Kroozbox service program (KroozboxNTService.exe) to the Windows firewall exception list. control-panel->Windows firewall->Allow program through...
Restart service.

you wrote: "the PVD jukebox just plays one .vob file at a time"
You mean Kroozbox is playing one vob at a time!???
That would be a strange one.

If you're talking about PVD itself... well... not sure... please clarify the steps here/where!?

Nono
03-10-2010, 04:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2010 04:45 AM by rkhames.)
(03-02-2010 04:36 PM)Nono Wrote:  For the service:

You have to add the Kroozbox service program (KroozboxNTService.exe) to the Windows firewall exception list. control-panel->Windows firewall->Allow program through...
Restart service.

you wrote: "the PVD jukebox just plays one .vob file at a time"
You mean Kroozbox is playing one vob at a time!???
That would be a strange one.

If you're talking about PVD itself... well... not sure... please clarify the steps here/where!?

Nono

Nono,
On the first issue: I already have the firewall exception added. Let me start at the beginning so you can understand the setup I use and see if that sheds any light.

I have only one computer. Inside that PC, I have all of my movies stored on a dedicated 1TB drive ( K: ). I used "my movies" to catalog them. Once I got the PCH, I got set up using kroozbox to access that my movies database (thanks again for your help on that one). Doing that required me to get the firewall exception in place. Everything works great.

Fast forward to now. I have since added pvd and created a database of movies that I would like to restrict access to. Those movies are not currently cataloged by "my movies" because they are in another folder from what my movies monitors. That folder is, however, on the same K: drive as the other movies and I have PVD monitoring it.

I followed the steps we talked about earlier in this thread and got kroozbox to see the PVD database. I can use Internet Explorer to see the jukebox, etc. However, the PCH doesn't find the PVD jukebox. When I check "media sources" on the PCH, I see a my movies jukebox but not the pvd jukebox. When I go to the computer and run startme.bat, then the pvd jukebox shows up on the PCH "media sources" list.

This is the first point of confusion. I am not sure how to make sure all the necessary things are up and running after a computer reboot. Kroozbox starts but the PCH can't see the PVD jukebox. What do I need to do to make sure PVD/Firebird is up and running? I fire PVD manually and run startme.bat and then PCH sees the jukebox but, I must be missing something.

So, let's tackle this first. The video playback issue can wait. I have a few things I want to try on that one before we get into it anyway.

Thanks again!
03-10-2010, 03:07 PM
oh.. ok.. I understand now.

So, Kroozbox-PVD is running as a service AND is working properly when you connect with the browser but is not shown in the media source menu of the PCH (but Kroozbox-MyMovie is listed)!!?

If that is the case it might be a bug. But are you absolutely sure that it is working from the browser? the browser might show a cached page. Make sure that you do a refresh or go into a page that wasn't previously visited.

Not being that sure that it is working under the browser, I'll suggest multiple things:

1. It is possible that Kroozbox is starting too soon before firebird server is available. If that;s the case the Kroozbox-PVD part would not start properly. To adjust that: - run "REMOVESERVICE.bat" from Kroozbox installation folder. - open the "KroozboxNTService.ini" in kroozbox folder and add the line "dependencies=FirebirdServerDefaultInstance" (WITHOUT the quotes) - save - Run "INSTALLSERVICE.bat" again. This will re-install the Kroozbox service with a dependency on firebird server. Make sure that the firebird service name is really "FirebirdServerDefaultInstance" (that's what I have on miy machine but they may done upgrades).

2. You can also manually add the Kroozbox service to the "web service" of the PCH. You go in the setup menu of teh web service (not sure where it is from memory) and add the service. Give a name and the address: http://ipaddressofkroozbox:9008 - with this you are sure to never loose the link. I've seen the PCH something not displaying the Kroozbox service - loosing the info... not sure why. That was my way around it.

If this doesn't work, we will need to know more. You can set the debug ouput to go to a file. From there we will know exactly. Open "kroozbox.properties" in your Kroozbox-PVD template folder (typically: templates\PVDTemplate-HD). Set the "debug" flag to "true" (no quotes) and add the line:
debug2LogFile = true
Unless already present -> set it to true
Restart Kroozbox as a service. A new folder called "log" will be created under the kroozbox folder. Check the file in there, it will have information on what worked or not.
Let me know.

Nono
03-10-2010, 08:47 PM
(03-10-2010 03:07 PM)Nono Wrote:  oh.. ok.. I understand now.

So, Kroozbox-PVD is running as a service AND is working properly when you connect with the browser but is not shown in the media source menu of the PCH (but Kroozbox-MyMovie is listed)!!?

If that is the case it might be a bug. But are you absolutely sure that it is working from the browser? the browser might show a cached page. Make sure that you do a refresh or go into a page that wasn't previously visited.

Not being that sure that it is working under the browser, I'll suggest multiple things:

1. It is possible that Kroozbox is starting too soon before firebird server is available. If that;s the case the Kroozbox-PVD part would not start properly. To adjust that: - run "REMOVESERVICE.bat" from Kroozbox installation folder. - open the "KroozboxNTService.ini" in kroozbox folder and add the line "dependencies=FirebirdServerDefaultInstance" (WITHOUT the quotes) - save - Run "INSTALLSERVICE.bat" again. This will re-install the Kroozbox service with a dependency on firebird server. Make sure that the firebird service name is really "FirebirdServerDefaultInstance" (that's what I have on miy machine but they may done upgrades).

2. You can also manually add the Kroozbox service to the "web service" of the PCH. You go in the setup menu of teh web service (not sure where it is from memory) and add the service. Give a name and the address: http://ipaddressofkroozbox:9008 - with this you are sure to never loose the link. I've seen the PCH something not displaying the Kroozbox service - loosing the info... not sure why. That was my way around it.

If this doesn't work, we will need to know more. You can set the debug ouput to go to a file. From there we will know exactly. Open "kroozbox.properties" in your Kroozbox-PVD template folder (typically: templates\PVDTemplate-HD). Set the "debug" flag to "true" (no quotes) and add the line:
debug2LogFile = true
Restart Kroozbox as a service. A new folder called "log" will be created under the kroozbox folder. Check the file in there, it will have information on what worked or not.
Let me know.

Nono

Nono,
In response to your first question about kroozbox running as a service and being seen from the browser, etc: That is only true if I run startme.bat. With that running, I can see both jukeboxes from the PCH. Until I run that, I can only see the my movies jukebox from the PCH or from the browser. I will try the dependency fix later tonight because I am not at my machine right now. Let me know if this info changes something that I makes me not need to try that.
Thanks.
03-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Nono,
Setting the new dependency seems to have worked. I'll let you know if I have any issues pop up with it. Once it proves to be stable, we can tackle the video playback issues.
Thanks!
03-15-2010, 12:08 AM
(03-10-2010 03:07 PM)Nono Wrote:  oh.. ok.. I understand now.

debug2LogFile = true
Let me know.

Nono

Nono,
After further review, I have added the dependency but, after a reboot the jukebox is still not shown in the PCH media source menu.
03-15-2010, 01:08 AM
You should hard pout it in the web server section of the PCH for now.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kroozbox- Personal Video Database - PVD (or any DB) and Music Jukebox to Popcorn Hour Nono 383 188,223 07-03-2012 01:52 PM
Last Post: Paul_T
  Kroozbox - still alive beyond 2.0a? triodusiecle 4 1,937 06-10-2011 01:48 AM
Last Post: triodusiecle
  Multiple songs in Music Jukebox (Release 8.1) song lists schwrtz 5 4,299 05-28-2010 08:50 AM
Last Post: schwrtz
  Kroozbox, MyMovies Template, and Blu-ray video Freway01 14 4,324 04-13-2010 12:01 AM
Last Post: Freway01
  Music Jukebox and multiple CD's Penge58 1 2,313 04-05-2010 10:13 PM
Last Post: alexou
  Kroozbox and MyMovies 3 jtyles 5 2,633 04-01-2010 01:57 AM
  MusicJukeBox and Multiple Library configuration jfcus 2 1,829 12-31-2009 11:43 AM
Last Post: jfcus
  Kroozbox For My Movies on WHS Freway01 0 2,283 11-14-2009 06:07 PM
  Kroozbox release 2.0 (can also serve YAMJ) Nono 83 29,810 08-29-2009 04:46 PM
Last Post: Nono
  View multiple album arts while playing? toner 1 1,062 08-24-2009 03:51 AM
Last Post: sprogger