Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Firefly Media server on NMT
07-17-2010, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 08:41 PM by gsolaro.)
Firefly Media server on NMT
I tried to find any information about this, but i just find closed forums (like here). So, i started trying out some things.

I compiled successfully mt-daapd on my laptop, but i ran into a strange issue: when i try start it, reports cannot open songs.gdb and the strerror message is: File exists (???).

Now i stopped here, i doesn't have enough C knowledge to step over it. I searching anybody who can help me.

G. Solaro

Send me a PM because I am sometimes too busy to check forum, so the PM is quicker.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2010, 10:52 PM
RE: Firefly Media server on NMT
Hello gsolaro,

you crosscompiled mt-daapd for the NMT on your laptop?
If you tell me how to setup the environment for compiling NMT apps I might be able to help you with this.
08-16-2010, 11:59 PM
(08-16-2010 10:52 PM)pac^man Wrote:  Hello gsolaro,

you crosscompiled mt-daapd for the NMT on your laptop?
If you tell me how to setup the environment for compiling NMT apps I might be able to help you with this.
I upload my build environment for you but you will have a little problem with it: my laptop system is crashed in a last days, and the package contains files with wrong permissions (everything is executable). I currently cannot fix it (from windows), so this is will your job... sry.

Anyway, this is a working root, it contains a compiler, uClibC, and packages what i compiled for it.

I compiled:
- sqlite-3.6.23.1
- libid3tag-0.15.1b
- zlib-1.2.3
- gdbm-1.8.3 (probably buggy?)
- mt-daapd-0.2.4.2

I compiled everything as static lib.

But this is just a devel environment, i don't know how can i create a debug environment - i'm quite newbie in cross-compiling world.

You can download it from here

G. Solaro

Send me a PM because I am sometimes too busy to check forum, so the PM is quicker.
08-17-2010, 07:21 AM
(08-16-2010 11:59 PM)gsolaro Wrote:  I upload my build environment for you but you will have a little problem with it:...

You can download it from here

Thanks for uploading it.
But I'd rather prepare everything from scratch myself.
Do you have a HowTo somewhere according to which I could do this?
08-17-2010, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2010 09:52 AM by dc11ab.)
pac^man, if you just want to setup a crosscompiling environment for the 100-series there is info on the NMT wiki:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/i...ox_for_NMT

and more if you search this board (for 200-series, etc).

Audio, video, disco - I hear, I see, I learn.
Wiki. Wiki? Wiki!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to dc11ab for this post
08-17-2010, 06:22 PM
(08-16-2010 11:59 PM)gsolaro Wrote:  I compiled:
- sqlite-3.6.23.1
- libid3tag-0.15.1b
- zlib-1.2.3
- gdbm-1.8.3 (probably buggy?)
- mt-daapd-0.2.4.2

I compiled everything as static lib.

I compiled zlib, gdbm, libid3tag statically and now I'm stuck at the mt-daapd build.

How did you manage to build mt-daapd with the static libid3tag.a?
I can't seem to find the correct configure option and always end up with
Code:
checking for id3_file_open in -lid3tag... no
Must have libid3tag
08-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Doesn't --with-id3tag=/path/to/the/libid3library do the trick?

Wiki. Wiki? Wiki!
08-17-2010, 08:23 PM
(08-17-2010 08:01 PM)dc11ab Wrote:  Doesn't --with-id3tag=/path/to/the/libid3library do the trick?

No, it didn't.
Actually I've never dealt with static libraries before and am therefore not sure on how to work with them here now.
So I restarted with dynamic libraries and seeing this in the configure output I feel more comfortable:
Code:
checking for gdbm.h... yes
checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... yes
Have gdbm
Adding dynamic libgdbm
checking id3tag.h usability... yes
checking id3tag.h presence... yes
checking for id3tag.h... yes
checking for id3_file_open in -lid3tag... yes
Have id3tag
Adding dynamic libid3tag

Unfortunately make fails now with the following error:
Code:
/nmt/usr/local/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-linux-uclibc/4.0.4/../../../../mipsel-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
which made me remember that I hadn't built a shared zlib.

So I went back into the zlib-1.2.5 directory and am stuck there now because I don't know how to built a shared zlib. I get the following error when doing the configure:
Code:
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc: ${exec_prefix}/lib/libz.1.dylib: No such file or directory
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc: 1: No such file or directory
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc: 1.2.5: No such file or directory
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc: unrecognized option '-compatibility_version'
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc: unrecognized option '-current_version'
No shared library support; try without defining CC and CFLAGS
Building static library libz.a version 1.2.5 with /nmt/usr/local/mips/bin/mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc.

Now I don't have a clue how to proceed.
08-17-2010, 09:49 PM
While trying for static, did you add: --enable-static ?

Would it be insane to add --disable-zlib ?

No help from ./configure --help ?

Perhaps you can edit the Makefile and do ugly stuff, like adding linking path to the libz.* ?

Sorry I can't be of much more help. I'm a compiling newbie.

Wiki. Wiki? Wiki!
08-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Disabling zlib is out of the question, there's "include zlib.h" in the mt-daapd source code Angry
I'll wait for gsolaro before doing ugly stuff, after all he managed to compile it.
08-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Here's a hint on how zlib was made, but I haven't read the thread and topic in context:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...3#pid96263

Wiki. Wiki? Wiki!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to dc11ab for this post
09-28-2010, 04:36 AM
Has anyone had any luck with this? I started with gsolaro's tree and had even less success than he had.
05-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Man, that would be great! If somebody has the firefly media server working on the NMT please help (or another server that supports eing a iTunes Server).

Kind regards,
02-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry for a big silence. I have really no time for this project sadly.

The good news is I successfully compiled and started the mt-daapd on my BluePanther Syvio 200A mediaplayer!

So, the needed steps is following:

- Grab the previously linked toolchain, that is only one what I could make work.
- Grab and compile the dependencies, in order:

Code:
## Preparation
mkdir -p $HOME/tmp/sysroot # Here goes the stuffs what we will scp to our mediacenter
export D=$HOME/tmp/sysroot

## Compilations. Before dollar sign, you can see the current dir, what informs you what we compiling currently. This and the dollar sign is not a part of the command!

zlib-1.2.6 $ CC=/opt/toolchain-mipsel_gcc3.4.6/bin/mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc LD=/opt/toolchain-mipsel_gcc3.4.6/bin/mipsel-linux-uclibc-ld ./configure --static --prefix=/mnt/custom && make && make DESTDIR=$D install

sqlite-autoconf-3071000 $ ./configure --host=mipsel-linux-uclibc --target=mipsel-linux-uclibc CC=mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc --disable-readline --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-dynamic-extensions --disable-threadsafe --libdir=/mnt/custom/lib --prefix=/mnt/custom && make && DESTDIR=$D install

libid3tag-0.15.1b $ ./configure --host=mipsel-linux-uclibc --target=mipsel-linux-uclibc CC=mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc  --disable-shared --enable-static  CFLAGS="-I${D}/usr/local/include" CPPFLAGS="-I${D}/usr/local/include"  LDFLAGS="-L${D}/usr/local/lib" && make && DESTDIR=$D install

The tricky thing is the mt-daapd itself. The configure line is the following:

Code:
./configure --host=mipsel-linux-uclibc --target=mipsel-linux-uclibc CC=mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc  --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-gdbm  --enable-sqlite3 --with-sqlite3-includes=$D/mnt/custom/include --with-sqlite3-libs=$D/mnt/custom/lib --with-id3tag=$D/mnt/custom   --enable-mdns --disable-iconv --prefix=/mnt/custom LDFLAGS="-static $D/mnt/custom/lib/libz.a" CFLAGS="-D__USE_UNIX98" CPPFLAGS="-D__USE_UNIX98 -DSETPGRP_VOID" ac_cv_lib_id3tag_id3_file_open=yes ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=yes
But, before issue make command, edit the /opt/toolchain-mipsel_gcc3.4.6/include/bits/pthreadtypes.h and comment out L97 and L117 (just these lines, the lines between them leave untouched!).
Next, edit src/main.c and around L94 you will see the following (the following code contains line numbers):

Code:
90 #ifndef DEFAULT_CONFIGFILE
91 #ifdef NSLU2
92 #define DEFAULT_CONFIGFILE "/opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf"
93 #else
94 #define DEFAULT_CONFIGFILE "/etc/mt-daapd.conf"
95 #endif
96 #endif

As you see, the L94 contains the fallback config file location. You can edit it for your fits. I targeted it to /mnt/custom/mt-daapd.conf but if you want to edit it from SMB then point it to /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/mt-daapd.conf

Next, start make, and see the make command is failing. But no worries!
There is a final command (you must execute it after make failing:
Code:
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc  -D__USE_UNIX98  -static /home/hron/build/nmt/sysroot/mnt/custom/lib/libz.a  -L/home/hron/build/nmt/sysroot/mnt/custom/lib -o mt-daapd  main.o uici.o webserver.o configfile.o err.o restart.o daap-proto.o daap.o db-gdbm.o mp3-scanner.o playlist.o lexer.o parser.o strcasestr.o strsep.o redblack.o dynamic-art.o query.o mDNS.o mDNSPosix.o mDNSUNP.o rend-posix.o rend-unix.o -lgdbm -lid3tag -lz -lpthread

The trick what I did there is the reordering of arguments, moving -l switches to the end of command is solves the limitations of GCC 3.x.

Finally, you can execute
Code:
make DESTDIR=$D install
. After this, you will get ~6MB directory at $HOME/tmp/sysroot. You can upload this directory's content to your mediacenter's root:
Code:
scp -r $D/mnt/custom root@YOUR_MC_IP:/mnt/

Then, create a mt-daapd.conf and upload where you specified in main.c. After it, you can start mt-daapd with executing the binary without arguments. It forks to background, no worries.

Tip: mt-daapd currently have an mdns-advertisement feature, so you do not need to start mDNSresp-mips utility for it, mt-daapd can advertise itself alone.

And that's all. If there is a question about it, please drop me a PM because I am not active on this forum.

G. Solaro

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  a400 accepting tvheadend server lil8386 0 1,011 05-28-2013 12:38 PM
Last Post: lil8386
  change mime types on default pch upnp server? AdamNJ 1 1,386 03-11-2013 07:32 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  [A-400] Does not see llink server tkenn1s 5 2,195 02-26-2013 05:14 PM
Last Post: Imdre
  Windows Media Center docluv01 1 1,216 12-07-2012 08:28 PM
Last Post: accident
  Upnp server A200 + external HDD wizzy 0 1,560 11-12-2012 12:34 PM
Last Post: wizzy
  UPnp server for C200 blief 1 1,652 10-31-2012 06:53 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  C200 UPnP server blief 2 1,874 10-22-2012 12:51 AM
Last Post: blief
  Which DLNA/UPnP server works with a PCH A210? sal iva 2 2,174 08-25-2012 06:58 PM
Last Post: accident
  Important function of uPnP Server nuke 5 2,239 03-11-2012 07:00 AM
Last Post: lundman
  Announcing Edna++ - A Social Media Server gkreidl 13 4,980 02-25-2012 07:37 PM
Last Post: scerazy