Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[200] PopCorn MKV ReMuxer
01-05-2012, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 10:41 PM by MikeMcr.)
RE: PopCorn MKV ReMuxer
MKVMerge 5.2.1 is out but still doesn't work with MKV ReMuxer. It looks like tracks IDs are going to remain starting at 0. All that has been fixed is MKVExtract now respects this change.

Perhaps it may be best to call "mkvmerge --identify" to return the ID numbers to use for MKV ReMuxer?

EDIT: Take a look here:

https://www.bunkus.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=694

It seems the author of MKVMerge will not be changing this [new] behaviour.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2012, 07:42 AM
I'll look into it - but his actions are (once again) not very nice for third party developers to change such a vital thing without any way to revert back to the old methods.

The problem will be (like the other guy says in the thread) to synchronize the output from MKV Info with the track numbers from MKV Merge. If that proves too difficult to do reliably, then unfortunately, my tools will be stuck at using v5.1 as the maximum version.

Keld R. Hansen
PopCorn MKV AudioConverter: Tutorial FAQ
YAMJ Poster Maker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2012, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 08:19 AM by MikeMcr.)
(01-06-2012 07:42 AM)HeartWare Wrote:  I'll look into it - but his actions are (once again) not very nice for third party developers to change such a vital thing without any way to revert back to the old methods.

The problem will be (like the other guy says in the thread) to synchronize the output from MKV Info with the track numbers from MKV Merge. If that proves too difficult to do reliably, then unfortunately, my tools will be stuck at using v5.1 as the maximum version.

Agreed, thanks for looking though. As expected, there were similar thoughts posted on the Doom9 forum thread. I see MKVExtractGUI has had to be updated because of that change.

The MKVMerge developer was saying that mkvinfo shouldn't be used really and that mkvmerge with the "--identify-verbose" flag gives all the needed information so I'm not sure if that helps?
01-06-2012, 10:24 AM
I doubt it gives all the information I want. It may give all the information most programs need, but not all that they want.

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
01-07-2012, 01:19 PM
A new version has been released today...

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
[+] 1 user says Thank You to HeartWare for this post
01-14-2012, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2012 10:45 AM by r0lZ.)
I've just discovered the PopCorn ReMuxer, and it's almost exactly what I need. Good job!

However, I have a few suggestions.

Some players use the audio track flagged as Default by default. Normal, isn't it? But with the ReMuxer, it is possible to change the order of the tracks, but not to change the Default flag. So, if, say, my input MKV file has two audio tracks "eng" and "fre", and the English track is flagged as Default, after the remux, "fre" is correctly put at the first position, but "eng" is still flagged as default, and is therefore still played by default by many players. I suggest therefore to add these options: "Flag first audio track as Default" and "Remove the audio Default flag". (Note that a track IS flagged as Default if the flag-default is not defined in the file. To turn the flag off with mkvpropedit, it is necessary to set it to 0. To turn it on, you can just delete it. Also, the Default flag must be set to only ONE (or zero) audio track.)

The same problem exist with subtitle tracks, although it is relatively rare to define a subtitle track as default. Anyway, the same options as above can be useful. Of course, the options must be independent for audio and subtitle flags, as it might be necessary to flag the first audio flag as Default and define all subtitles tracks as non-Default.

I have also a second problem. Sometimes, it is necessary to swap two (or more) tracks that have the same language code. For example, there could be a Director's Comments audio track and its corresponding subtitle track, or one may wish to push the "Forced" subtitle track at the first position. As far as I know, currently it's not possible. I suggest therefore to add some new criteria to define the track order when there are several tracks sharing the same language code. It should be possible, for example, to move tracks flagged as Forced to top or bottom, or to swap the first and second tracks sharing the same language code. Of course, the language order should take precedence, so these options should be ignored for tracks that have different language codes.

I hope those suggestions will be implemented. Anyway, HeartWare, thanks for your wonderful app!
01-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Hello,

First off I would like to say, thank you so much for your amazing software. I have been using popcorn audio convertor for a few years now it seems like and I has always worked amazingly well and I couldnt possibly be happier with it. Now today I discover this remuxer program and find out youve written another amazing program to perform what is usually a very very tedious set up process for me in mmg. It is going to save me so much time using this program to clean out excess tracks from my files.

The one thing that I'm hoping you might be able to add or might be able to right a script or something that I could use with your program to do is batch removal of global tag data from mkv files. Alot of people out their like to put their name and their own way of naming their files into the global tag which overrides the name display in vlc player and the only way iv'e found to remove it is to go through mmg with each file one at a time, loading it up, moving over to the global tab, selecting and deleting out the text, adding it to the queue, and then loading up the next one.

Before I was willing to just deal with it but now I have several hundred files with this issue and I really really really don't want to have to go through them and remux them one at a time to be able to remove these damn tags. Sadly I don't know jack about programming. I work as a 3d modeler and texture artist and coding of any kind has never been my thing so If it would be possible for you to write a small script that I could load in remuxer that would clear out the global tags that would be incredibly awesome and youd be saving me hours of tediousness, but if you can if you could lay it out for me in simple terms that a code noob like me could follow that would be fantastic.

Again thank you so much for your amazing work. And even if you are to busy to help out with this issue I am still incredibly grateful to you for all you have already done and I know that all of us who have so benefited from your work will continue sending you positive vibes.

Sincerely,

Emperawr
01-20-2012, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 01:14 PM by HeartWare.)
Code:
@ECHO OFF
MD NEW
FOR %%X IN (*.MKV) DO mkvmerge -o "NEW\%%X" --title "%%X" "%%X"

Save the above lines in a file FIX.BAT in the directory containing all your .MKV files that needs to be fixed. Then double-click on it. It will process all the .MKV files and output them to a subdirectory "NEW" with a new global title tag that is the name of the .MKV file.

If you want to remove the global title tag altogether, use the following lines instead:

Code:
@ECHO OFF
MD NEW
FOR %%X IN (*.MKV) DO mkvmerge -o "NEW\%%X" --title "" "%%X"

(this assumes that the mkvmerge.exe program either is in your PATH or is located in the same directory, too).

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
01-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Thank you so much for your help. You just saved me so many hours of work with that.
03-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Hello,

I can't get your programm to work.
I get the following error: "Cannot find MediaInfo.DLL!"
MediaInfo x64 is installed. I've tried copying Remuxer.exe to the MediaInfo install folder and creating a MediaInfo folder with the DLL inside but none of them worked.

Is it possible fr you to fix that?

Thanks in advance,

Kar
03-05-2012, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 09:24 PM by HeartWare.)
PopCorn MKV Remuxer needs the 32-bit version of MediaInfo.

If you download and install (run and let the program download support utilities) PopCorn MKV AudioConverter it will download the proper MediaInfo.DLL file, and install it so that my other utility programs can find it. That is probably the easiest way.

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
03-05-2012, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 09:24 PM by HeartWare.)
New in v1.17: Language Groups:

On the programming screen
[Image: Groups1.GIF]

you can now press the "G" button (marked in red above) to enter the language group setup screen:
[Image: Groups2.GIF]

where you can create language groups, which can be used in the language drop-down for audio and subtitle tracks. When testing for match, the track matches if the language matches any of the languages defined in the group.

You create new language groups with the '+' button, and delete groups with the trashcan button. When you select a group in the list on the left, the language list on the right is updated to reflect which languages are included in the group, and it is also here that you include or exclude a language from the currently highlighted group.

Once you have defined a group, you can use it in the language box, as shown in the first image. Groups are always listed at the top (just below "Any Language", which is always the first entry), and is followed by the ordinary languages in alphabetical order.

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
03-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Good stuff, thanks for this.

Did you update the version number in the title bar or have I downloaded a cached one; it still says 1.16.1 but seems to have the new features?
03-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Nice catch... Updated...

Keld R. Hansen
YAMJ Poster Maker
05-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Hi, I just found this app, and it looks very promising.
I have my entire media collection in MKV files created using MakeMKV.
Due to ongoing changes over years in MKV tools and MakeMKV, not all my MKV files are "quite right".

I want to remux them all, and in the process I want to do some track re-ordering.
Specifically audio tracks, and forced subtitle tracks.

I want audio in order of its quality, e.g. LPCM, DTS-HD, TrueHD, DTS, AC3, etc.
I want forced subs to be first.

I would also like to set the title to match the file name.

I don't see any options for specifying any track ordering of same language and same content type?

Regards
P.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [200/300/400] [Android] Na Remote 4 Popcorn Hour 3.8.0 [3. Mar. 2014] Na Multimedia Support Team 134 23,822 04-09-2014 10:27 PM
Last Post: duke4you
Information [200/300/400] Popcorn Hour Companion for Windows Phone sirfergy 38 7,131 01-17-2014 11:51 AM
Last Post: jasperz28
  [300] Popcorn Hour S-300 cricri-1971 0 411 12-25-2013 02:28 PM
Last Post: cricri-1971
  [200] Popcorn Audio ConvertorProblem Netmask 0 370 11-01-2013 04:12 AM
Last Post: Netmask
  [300] Network Shares and Popcorn Hour Companion for Windows Phone donmozza 1 1,273 07-27-2013 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sledgehamma
  [100/200/300/400] POPCORN Hour VPN. mglon 2 1,610 04-26-2013 03:46 PM
Last Post: mglon
  How to play different episodes with Plex on Popcorn Hour tomtom31 2 3,254 03-21-2013 08:11 PM
Last Post: tomtom31
  [200] Popcorn Remote by Achemy - playing complete albums Repelstale 14 7,897 01-06-2013 03:43 PM
Last Post: Repelstale
  [400] YAMJ en popcorn derooie 0 1,085 01-03-2013 12:17 AM
Last Post: derooie
  [200] [Wish] Squeezebox Client compatibility for Popcorn Hour - Remote Control via Android BTHOEM 18 12,802 11-20-2012 05:40 PM
Last Post: Ottie