Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[PHOTO] PhotoJukebox Release 1
09-30-2010, 04:02 PM
RE: [PHOTO] PhotoJukebox v1.0 released
Just one other thing : it seems there are problems when folders contains some special chars (éàèç-_...)

I don't know how many of them are problematics, but for sure, after renaming folders, problems gone !!!

Seb
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Hello,
great app ; here are some feature requests:
- integration with CSI menu
- reverse order
btw, how to exclude photos from system folders or popcorn photo subfolders?
tks
10-01-2010, 02:42 PM
(10-01-2010 07:06 AM)dede34fr Wrote:  Hello,
great app ; here are some feature requests:
- integration with CSI menu
- reverse order
btw, how to exclude photos from system folders or popcorn photo subfolders?
tks

reverse order is already working in a new version, due in a couple of days.
excluding photos is not yet possible, will put it up the feature list for future releases.

What do you exactly mean by integration with CSI?
10-01-2010, 06:28 PM
By CSI integration, I mean launching photos directly from custom menus like Calm2 or from other menus (yamj, mjb,..).
Tks
10-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Can the photos be on a NAS instead of the PCH? Trying to run with the below:

Code:
[PhotoJukebox]

; the path to the photo's on the Popcorn device, as seen by the PC
photodir_pc = \\READYNAS2\share\Media Share\Photos

; the path to the photo's on the Popcorn device, as seen by the Popcorn
photodir_popcorn = /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/YAMJShare/Media Share/Photos/
;
; sample paths for hard-disks:
; C200: /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK
; A110: /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK
;

; path to the output dir, as seen by the PC
outputdir_pc = S:\Photo

; path to the output dir, as seen by the Popcorn
outputdir_popcorn = /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/SATA_DISK/Photo

PopcornHour C-200 w/ 500GB HD
PopcornHour A-200 w/ 160BG HD
2 READYNAS NV+ NAS w/ 8 - 2TB HD
ROSEWILL 8 drive JBOD -> Win 7
10-03-2010, 01:19 PM
(10-01-2010 07:01 PM)zeenon Wrote:  Can the photos be on a NAS instead of the PCH? Trying to run with the below:

Code:
[PhotoJukebox]

; the path to the photo's on the Popcorn device, as seen by the PC
photodir_pc = \\READYNAS2\share\Media Share\Photos

; the path to the photo's on the Popcorn device, as seen by the Popcorn
photodir_popcorn = /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/YAMJShare/Media Share/Photos/

This should be no problem. Take good notice in path names, upper and lowercase etc.

Also, photodir_popcorn must use the share name as specified in creating the share on the popcorn itself, not the sharename as given on the NAS.

Maybe you need to remove the trailing slash in photodir_popcorn?

What are the problem you are experiencing?
10-14-2010, 08:53 PM
RE: [PHOTO] PhotoJukebox Release 1
PhotoJukebox v1.1 released, see first post in this thread.

New features:

* folder sort option: ascending or descending
* new option to either have 1 large folder list (all-in-one), or a list which shows only 1 level of children (single-level)
* each folder displays the number of subfolders

Fixed:

* folders with ( or ) in their names
* folder sorting in natural order: [ 1, 2, 11 ]. Previously, it sorted like this: [ 1, 11, 2]
10-16-2010, 06:19 PM
great improvements !!!

unfortunately, the jukebox always crash from my side,after having several photos in diaporama displayed.

Sometimes it crash after only 5 minutes. Some other times, it crash after one hour.

I don't know why ...

Anyway, great work !

Seb
10-17-2010, 10:48 AM
(10-16-2010 06:19 PM)highfeeling Wrote:  great improvements !!!

unfortunately, the jukebox always crash from my side,after having several photos in diaporama displayed.

Sometimes it crash after only 5 minutes. Some other times, it crash after one hour.

Seb

How does it "crash"? Does it freeze the popcorn? do you get the rotating image?

Does it happen consistently when displaying photos from one subfolder? To find out, you could try to play (play, not shuffle) all folders one by one, bottom level first.

Does it crash every time with the same folder?
If so, can you PM me the playlist file for that particular folder? (inside the playlists folder)

Regards,

Wim.
10-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi Wim,

when I say "crash", I mean the diaporama stop (music also stop) and bring me back to your photojukebox menu.

Then, I simply have to press "enter" button again, and the diaporama re-start.

I also have made your test. and you're right : when I launch a shuffle diaorama, only on my 2010 year's photo, there are no problem.

I only have problem when I launch the shuffle on my entire library (more than 100 000 photos).

Then, after investigating, I have old directory with special caracters like +_: ... and it seems your jukebox isn't able to handle such caracters.

Anyway, and once again, you've made a great work. I mean, I have tested many jukebox, and you're are the one whos is able to produce a jukebox on my huge library in a decent time ... ;o)

thx

Seb
10-18-2010, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2010 09:57 AM by wim-pch200.)
(10-18-2010 10:15 AM)highfeeling Wrote:  Hi Wim,

when I say "crash", I mean the diaporama stop (music also stop) and bring me back to your photojukebox menu.

Then, I simply have to press "enter" button again, and the diaporama re-start.

I also have made your test. and you're right : when I launch a shuffle diaorama, only on my 2010 year's photo, there are no problem.

I only have problem when I launch the shuffle on my entire library (more than 100 000 photos).

Then, after investigating, I have old directory with special caracters like +_: ... and it seems your jukebox isn't able to handle such caracters.

Anyway, and once again, you've made a great work. I mean, I have tested many jukebox, and you're are the one whos is able to produce a jukebox on my huge library in a decent time ... ;o)

thx

Seb

Wow, 100 000 photos... how much time does it take for processing them all?

Regarding the special characters: yes, I'm aware that I haven't anticipated usage of these characters, I have tested only on my small photo library (500 photos, but growing rapidly!) using "normal" folder names...

I'll have to check how to handle these...
Won't take long, stay tuned!
10-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Hello,

I am running PCH C200, latest firmware.

Will Music Jukebox Release 8 playlist work with this program? That is what I am running and cannot seem to get the music to play with the picture slides. I have checked and double checked all the paths, and I am pretty sure they are correct.

Also shuffle doesn't work. Top right of the screen shows Load for a second then screen goes blank, then nothing at all.

Normal slide show for each folder works great.

Very nice addition to PCH.

Thanks very much,

JamesTF
10-19-2010, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2010 10:20 AM by wim-pch200.)
(10-19-2010 12:31 AM)JamesTF Wrote:  Will Music Jukebox Release 8 playlist work with this program? That is what I am running and cannot seem to get the music to play with the picture slides. I have checked and double checked all the paths, and I am pretty sure they are correct.

Also shuffle doesn't work. Top right of the screen shows Load for a second then screen goes blank, then nothing at all.

Normal slide show for each folder works great.

If the normal play mode works fine, but shuffle mode not, then the popcorn path to the photojukebox is not correct. Check the outputdir_popcorn field in the config file.
Maybe a trailing space? Maybe uppercase/lowercase issues?

And yes, it works with Music Jukebox Release 8 playlists. I use that too...
If music is not playing, then the path to the playlist is not correct. Again, maybe a trailing space, or uppercase/lowercase issues?

If not, send me a private message with your config file, and I'll check to see what's wrong.
10-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Wim,

for your information, it takes 34 minutes to handle 107984 photos.

That's why I love you, man ... with others jukebox, it takes more than one entire night !!!

Highfeeling
10-19-2010, 09:27 PM
(10-18-2010 10:15 AM)highfeeling Wrote:  Hi Wim,

Special characters like + and _ in folder names are no longer a problem in version 1.1. (Accented characters like é and á, ä, are still a problem)
However, Windows does not like the : character in a file or folder name, can't help that.

Do you have other special characters in that old directory? Specify the full filenames, if possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information [MUSIC] Music Jukebox Release 8 Download and Installation wandidj 1,492 637,885 03-18-2014 10:19 PM
Last Post: yetiboy
  [plexNMT] Beta Release, Download and Install rip77 118 27,435 10-12-2013 10:36 AM
Last Post: Atinkler
Brick [plexNMT] Alpha Testing Release, Download and Installation rip77 117 30,272 05-18-2013 03:19 PM
Last Post: Switchblade
  [plexNMT] Alpha Release 2, Download and Installation rip77 71 15,260 03-29-2013 02:48 PM
Last Post: qukquk
Exclamation [PHOTO] Generate html photo album PWijnberg 10 9,267 09-07-2012 06:45 PM
Last Post: Franco1s
  [PHOTO] uPNP client Photo Jukebox spud 0 2,027 05-02-2012 02:43 PM
Last Post: spud
  [AUDIO] Flac files Release date Unknown Bergkamp 0 1,265 02-24-2012 09:52 PM
Last Post: Bergkamp
  Photo Flow Jukebox 08-12-2011 michael1t 1 3,149 08-28-2011 02:24 PM
Last Post: michael1t
Video Grawler - ** Update 02-03-2011 ** - Alpha 1 release devnl 27 9,616 03-15-2011 10:38 AM
Last Post: devnl
  [PHOTO] [MUSIC] JLRutaMJB skin for photo and MusicJukebox - using MJB R8 jluc2808 187 95,516 01-17-2011 11:57 PM
Last Post: Penge58