Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GUIDE] Launch NMJ automatically
12-08-2010, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010 11:56 PM by phil197913.)
RE: [GUIDE] Launch NMJ automatically
(11-11-2010 04:45 AM)accident Wrote:  NMJlaunch is premade index.htm files which you can store on your drives and network shares to automatically launch NMJ for you.

Download: nmjlaunch.zip 2K

Install:

for each drive or network share you want an nmj jukebox to start on its own, unzip the file for what section of nmj to load and rename it to index.htm (except movies which is already called index.htm for you)

The file must be in the root folder, this will be the same folder that nmj_database is located.

contents:

index.htm - launches the moviewall
apps.htm - apps
photo.htm - photos
music.htm - music

MAKE SURE YOU RENAME apps, photo and music to index.htm for it to work.

FAMILY WARNING:

If you exit/eject out of NMJ it will end up in the share/drive, it will not redirect again. Feel free to modify and post if someone wants to make it so your kids or family can't get into the files.

Enjoy..

PS - you can use the start_app multi-mount trick and have your mount folders on your harddrive + the soft link for usb drives also linked to folders on your hard drive/thumbdrive to create a giant single all media nmj setup

When you say

'start_app multi-mount trick and have your mount folders on your harddrive + the soft link for usb drives also linked to folders on your hard drive/thumbdrive to create a giant single all media nmj setup '

How do you go about the - soft link??
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2010, 12:18 PM
(11-11-2010 04:45 AM)accident Wrote:  NMJlaunch is premade index.htm files which you can store on your drives and network shares to automatically launch NMJ for you.

Download: nmjlaunch.zip 2K

Install:

for each drive or network share you want an nmj jukebox to start on its own, unzip the file for what section of nmj to load and rename it to index.htm (except movies which is already called index.htm for you)

The file must be in the root folder, this will be the same folder that nmj_database is located.

contents:

index.htm - launches the moviewall
apps.htm - apps
photo.htm - photos
music.htm - music

MAKE SURE YOU RENAME apps, photo and music to index.htm for it to work.

FAMILY WARNING:

If you exit/eject out of NMJ it will end up in the share/drive, it will not redirect again. Feel free to modify and post if someone wants to make it so your kids or family can't get into the files.

Enjoy..

PS - you can use the start_app multi-mount trick and have your mount folders on your harddrive + the soft link for usb drives also linked to folders on your hard drive/thumbdrive to create a giant single all media nmj setup

When you say

'you can use the start_app multi-mount trick and have your mount folders on your harddrive + the soft link for usb drives also linked to folders on your hard drive/thumbdrive to create a giant single all media nmj setup'

How do you create a soft link?

Thanks
12-11-2010, 10:46 AM
There's a lot of discussions about this in the other nmj forum.
12-16-2010, 11:59 PM
(11-11-2010 04:45 AM)accident Wrote:  .....
Hi there,

Sorry to be a daft punk, but could you please be so kind as to explain how to use the start_app multi-mount trick?

I have an internal SSD (fairly limited at 64 GB) where I wish to store and run the NMJ DB - however, I'd love to map two network locations to the scan...

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

Claus
12-17-2010, 08:36 PM
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=47441
12-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Sir, I have a problem with my NMJ. While verifying the contents of my hdd i accidentally pressed the power button. The unit was turned off. The verification did not finished and so no Video wall can be seen
just the normal video list. How can i re-do my NMJ?
12-21-2010, 05:07 AM
If you just need to get back into the NMJ interface all you do is hit the red button (video) on the remote.
12-21-2010, 05:34 AM
I personally don't use nmj but I have to think your not the first or only person to have the unit turn off on them.. i'm sure a little reading and you'll find someone else that dealt with this and how to fix it
01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi,
I used the htm files from nmjlaunch.zip for photo and music. They work great. The one for apps however, does not start the nmj apps. I have renamed the apps.htm to index.htm and placed in in the ..../SATA_DISK/Apps folder. The permissions on the file are ok. When I browse in file mode to the specified index.htm and try to run it, it just shows the busy rotating wheel and then just stops. No error messages or anything.

When I do the same for the music or photo index.htm it just works. I can start the nmj apps from the main menu just fine.

Anyone have the same problem and maybe know how to solve it?

Thanks.

Maureen
01-13-2011, 08:55 PM
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...#pid441044
02-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Im encountering problem as when I used the index.htm file to run nmj automatically, it restarts my PCH and result to system error..

I dont really know what seems to be the problem cause when I removed the index file my PCH seems to boot normally..

any help/advice is really appreciated here..thanks in advance! Smile
02-02-2011, 11:58 PM
it will freeze a pch up depending on how your actually using it. it sounds like your not just moving an index.htm file into the drive/share. It does expect to be called a very specific way, and then it converts that call into the matching redirect of pressing a button from that same location.
02-10-2011, 01:23 AM
The download will work again.
08-21-2011, 03:57 AM
My nmj_launcher index.html keeps getting blanked out, any idea to what is causing this??? Every couple of weeks I get a white screen when NMJ tries to launch and when I check my file it is completely blank.

c200 > hdmi > Adcom GFR-700 > hdmi/dvi > samsung dlp
c200 > digital coax > Adcom GFR-700
c200 > wired > smb > imac > firewire > Drobo
BD - LG CH08LS10 firmware 2.0
SSD - OCZ 30Gb
11-29-2011, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2011 04:04 PM by Onraed.)
Hello,

I'm Using the LCDukebox plus (http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...=lcdukebox ), can anybody help me with creating an Index.html to start this app on/after boot of my PCH-c200.

edit:

Found it.

Media Player: Popcorn Hour C-200, Lite-On iHOS104, WD Scorpio Blue 750GB

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
:) ;) :cool: :D
:P :rolleyes: :shy: :(
:lightbulb: :angry: :-/ (A)
:heart: :dodgy: :blush: :huh:
:my: :sleepy: :exclamation: :S
[get more]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  NMJ Guide to severall disks databases billgatos 250 81,916 02-10-2014 02:33 PM
Last Post: chris57
  My Movies for NMJ - 20 Step Guide (Beta) Binnerup 303 119,150 10-06-2013 09:54 AM
Last Post: hispanico
  [SCRIPT] script to automatically update NMJ blankser 16 9,162 02-03-2013 12:39 PM
Last Post: blankser