Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[NMJ] Enhancement Requests
06-02-2011, 06:20 PM
RE: [NMJ] Enhancement Requests
Hi All. Feature request - would love to see the ability to play tracks (music) randomly from my collection, i.e. any artist/album. Just set it playing and let it get on with it. Could just use skip to next track if it came up with something i didn't like/want to listen to.

Apologies if theres already a way to do this, i've been fiddling about with it since it came out but not discovered a way... maybe an 'all artists/albums' field somewhere and then a random function.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2011, 03:28 AM
I found the keyboard really annoying. Even if its qwerty.

Also, when you reach one of the borders it should jump to the opposite side. That should speed writing a bit.

I think there should be the option to write directly from the remote's num pad too.
06-14-2011, 06:21 PM
(05-29-2011 11:17 PM)congo181 Wrote:  At 19 pages, can someone from Syabas let us know if this thread is worth posting to?

+1

Jukebox Automator - Create all your jukeboxes automagically!

Hardware:
* C-200, 300GB HD, BD ROM coming
* A-110, 1TB ext HD (for testing)
06-14-2011, 06:24 PM
sure why not Smile we look into it from time to time, some features will come and some not
06-14-2011, 07:08 PM
(06-14-2011 06:24 PM)werner Wrote:  sure why not Smile we look into it from time to time, some features will come and some not

It would be very nice to know which suggestions are considered and maybe even a change log. Even if we don't get to see the features we will know what to look forward to Smile

Jukebox Automator - Create all your jukeboxes automagically!

Hardware:
* C-200, 300GB HD, BD ROM coming
* A-110, 1TB ext HD (for testing)
06-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Lastfm would be nice, but I am aware this has been tried and failed in the past.
To play an album, or a few tracks and then have continuous muisc playing afterwards of the same genre (based on lastfm tags) would be great.
Audioscrobbler, not sure how hard this would be.

Smooth scrolling jukebox
Fast scanning of libraries/collections and background db update. Angle
06-17-2011, 01:35 PM
The option to automatically launch NMJ at start up is the most important thing to me.

Also high on my list the the ability to customize the look and feel. Give the users some options on page layout, background colors, the way cover art appears on the screen, etc. and this will be embraced by the majority of the users (IMHO). Use YAMJ and all of the various skins available as a template for the way people like to see things displayed. If you give us options and let us create the way "our" NMJ looks and displays things we will all be much happier with it.

HP MSS EX495 w/ 7TB
PCH A-200 (no internal drive)
GB Wired Network
06-19-2011, 02:23 PM
hi all

i am not sure if the below request is posted earlier -

there seem to be some sites which offer subtitles for download.. i was wondering if we could have these as a service for the movie files... so when watching a movie, we can choose to link up to one of these sites and access the subtitles from there...
06-20-2011, 07:24 AM
I asked a while bqack if the thread was being maintained and never got a response.

It makes the first post impossible to rely on. Some of the requests have been completed and are still marked as outstandign for example.

For those wanting specifics such as Shuffle then there's a thread in Bugs/Features section asking for it for both the standard UI and also NMJ. Same with Flac/cue files where the song title needs displaying and even better all of the songs within the cue file and then select from it.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
07-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Since I'm the one who launched Tiefling on this, I feel a bit responsible and I'm therefore willing to take over. I just bought an HDTV so I'll finally be able to run NMJ. Since it's summer time however and I'm very busy besides work, it'll take a few days (even a week or two) for me to get up to speed with setting up my tv (it's currently still in the box) and NMJ before I can take over the post.

(Hopefully by then, NMJ v2 is out an most bugs are fixed!) Cool

Nothing lasts forever. It is especially true for electronic devices. Thank God, consumerism will make you happy to purchase a more fashionable device as soon as the old one starts to fail.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to kirby_blue for this post
07-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks @kirby_blue - I haven't been on the forums much of late due to personal commitments; to be honest I thought this thread had died, I haven't been maintaining it - I just started it to get people talking and then kind of ended up with it. I had to switch priorities when I got made redundant. If it would be helpful to kill the first post or something please just PM Me and I'll clean it up.

Angle Only Fallen Angels can sing this loud!

Popcorn Hour C-200 / A-300
Sony DB3500ES
Samsung 3D LED 46"
iMac 27"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-2011, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2011 11:15 AM by PJGM.)
Hi,

a simple one...

When we try to edit/reload a wrong scraped movie and we opened that box to find or change the name of the film we want to find...

feature:
Scroll the cursor left without deleting all the movie name.

Example:

That box opens with the title: "AAA BBB CCC DDD"

but We want to delete only "AAA" to start the re-scraping

Now It is necessary to delete all and re-write it again.

And on many movies it's hard...

Thanks
PJGM

-> Please Give us a good NMJ app
Owner: Popcorn C-200 - Xtreamer - Asrock Vision 3D HTPC (Streaming from etrayz NAS to all)
Sold: Dvico Tvix 6500A
08-21-2011, 03:27 AM
Please may we have a way to combine GENRE searches.
Not just create our own categories, but search for an action, horror, thiller, romantic film.
When you have a large collection searching for just 'action' doesn't cut it.

Also a text based NMJ please, or a way to switch off album art, album art tells me nothing about the film, it's just a gimic and it uses far too much HP of such a simple media player.
This would speed up scanning if downloading art wasn't done.

Also a more comprehensive IP control platform allowing the navigation directly to 'optical disc' 'HDD' or movies or music.
Making the C200 a more integrateable media player.

Oh and rack ears.
08-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Please add support for SD 3:4 resolutions, specifically PAL (576x720).

PCH A-210 fw 03-04-111220-21-POP-411 (10.08.2012) / YAMJ 2.6-snapshot r2944/ Unique Black Glas 3.3 SD skin
Waiting for the 10yo PAL 4:3 TV to kick the bucket
08-24-2011, 12:40 PM
(08-21-2011 08:50 PM)sal iva Wrote:  Please add support for SD 3:4 resolutions, specifically PAL (576x720).

Used to hope just like you. I ended up buying a HD tv. I recommend that you spare yourself the frustration and do the same. Syabas is never gonna do anything for SD tvs anymore.

BTW, I tried setting up my library with ember media manager and NFO2NMJ. Complete failure.

Although all my movies are renamed: <movietitle (year).extension> (which was already a pain to do), ember recognizes like 60%-70% of them. The others are wrong and I cannot seem to figure out how to change them. I still tried to import everything to NMJ with NFO to NMJ: around 20 movies not imported (XML error). Is it because I have the synopsis in French? Anyway, I try using NMJ after that: cannot seem to launch a single movie. So I decided to retry when NMJ V2 is out, after Syabas make their demo at IFA.

Nothing lasts forever. It is especially true for electronic devices. Thank God, consumerism will make you happy to purchase a more fashionable device as soon as the old one starts to fail.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Feature Requests? dfp 4 995 04-25-2013 04:09 PM
Last Post: got_rice76
  [NMJ v1] NMJ crashes after too many rescan requests in quick succession? - Sickbeard moddigi 4 2,142 08-30-2011 09:06 AM
Last Post: zombiehunter
  [NMJ v1] [Yamj to NMJ] Enhancement requests pmontanari 2 1,437 11-21-2010 08:23 PM
Last Post: Milhouse
  [NMJ v1] formal enhancement request system? accident 5 1,699 11-18-2010 11:27 AM
Last Post: kirby_blue
  [NMJ v1] NMJ : Remarks and requests underscan 1 875 11-14-2010 07:58 PM
Last Post: halfelite
Information [NMJ v1] NMJ Bugs & Requests (Please add your NMJ Bugs and Requests here.) mediator 0 781 11-12-2010 02:43 PM
Last Post: mediator