Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My Movies for NMJ - 20 Step Guide (Beta)
11-17-2010, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2010 05:01 PM by Binnerup.)
My Movies for NMJ - 20 Step Guide (Beta)
Hi all,

We have been working on allowing My Movies Collection Management to support and store meta-data for the NMJ, and would like help from some of you to beta test the initial version.

For those of you who do not know My Movies, the My Movies Collection Management program is a part of My Movies' product suite which allows you to index your movie collection and store meta-data for many different front-ends.

Notice! My Movies is created for indexing your full movie collection, and it will overwrite any existing "folder.jpg" files in your movie folders based on the data in the Collection Management program.

What My Movies brings to NMJ that the NMJ does not have itself internally is the option for meta-data in other languages than English, to supply high-quality coverart as well as high-quality movie backdrops.

You can read more about the product suite on our website: http://www.mymovies.dk.

Be aware that this is the initial test of storing meta-data for the NMJ, and while it have been tested internally, it very well may have problems for functionalities that could be improved. It is recommended that you backup your "nmj_database" jukebox folder prior to installing to ensure you can always go back.

We hope that you will help us with testing to ensure that we get any bugs resolved, and give us inputs on what to improve.

You can download the software here (Preview 2, updated 20'th of November):

Windows Media Center (Windows versions that include Windows Media Center):

http://www.mymovies.dk/media/My%20Movies...ew%202.zip

Collection Management (Windows versions that does not include Windows Media Center):

http://www.mymovies.dk/media/My%20Movies...ew%202.zip

Be aware that users of Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed will receive an install error trying to install the needed and included SQL Server 2005 because of compatibility issues between the two.

Below is a quick guide with 20 easy steps to get going:

[Image: 01.jpg]

[Image: 02.jpg]

[Image: 03.jpg]

[Image: 04.jpg]

[Image: 05.jpg]

[Image: 06.jpg]

We hope for your inputs.

Best regards,

Brian Binnerup
My Movies
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 19 users say Thank You to Binnerup for this post
11-17-2010, 03:41 PM
RE: My Movies for NMJ - 20 Step Guide (Beta)
This is great. I remember using your app when I had a Windows Media Center making noise in our living room. It is GREAT to see you're adding support for NMJ. Heart

I'll give it a try and let you know what I find. Thanks!

2 x NMT PCH C-200
2 x NMT PCH A-110 (80GB internal HDD) with 3 x Samsung Spinpoint HD103UJ 1TB over USB (Sharkoon Quickports DUO & PRO)
11-17-2010, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 03:50 PM by accident.)
how's it going brian Smile (it's bryan, ex mvp)

Now all you need is to work out a deal for their scanner to get data from your site Smile

BTW, is this going to make it into the whs versions for all those that auto-rip?
Oh wait, just noticed, you do a complete export to the database also.. SWEET
11-17-2010, 03:54 PM
(11-17-2010 03:46 PM)accident Wrote:  Now all you need is to work out a deal for their scanner to get data from your site Smile

I am not the one to send such request to.... ;-)

(11-17-2010 03:46 PM)accident Wrote:  BTW, is this going to make it into the whs versions for all those that auto-rip?
Oh wait, just noticed, you do a complete export to the database also.. SWEET

It will, yes, but since the code that stores data is shared between the two, it is easiest for us to test using the Collection Management program only.
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 03:58 PM by accident.)
Sure you are... you own the metadata site Smile which reminds me I need to talk to you about something else, I'll drop you an email for that

Good to know, is collection management still part of the no points required downloads?
11-17-2010, 03:59 PM
(11-17-2010 03:57 PM)accident Wrote:  Good to know, is collection management still part of the no points required downloads?

Yes...
11-17-2010, 04:02 PM
BTW: does this include music??? I'm not sure what your tools do for music, I know there is some support but never really looked at it..

I think I need to explain this to the newer users reading..

My Movies is one of the more popular jukebox type applications for Windows Media Center. There are a lot of tools which have always supported the PCH community, like the auto-ripper for WHS, nfo files for yamj, etc etc.. My Movies also has its own data website which is maintained by a ton of media center users over the years.. It's all good data, high quality, the best artwork, etc etc.. I've used it for my own scanning for a long time..

This collection management will allow you to turn off the nmj scanner and maintain your nmj database from the my movies collection program, and later the WHS version which for those that already use it to rip their movies means insert a dvd and when it ejects nmj is already updated.
11-17-2010, 04:05 PM
accident:

This is for movies only. It does not include music...

The only thing we have for music is the automatic music disc copier for Windows Home Server. It stores meta-data into the files, and therefore NMJ itself should be able to read these.
11-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Looks very promising. Specially for getting danish plots.
Will try your software later tonight.

Just one question, that Im a bit unsure of.
Does getting titles and plots cost points, when used thru your program ?

C200, Onkyo TX-SR607, Panasonic TX-P42G10E.
11-17-2010, 04:13 PM
(11-17-2010 04:13 PM)Boost Wrote:  Just one question, that Im a bit unsure of.
Does getting titles and plots cost points, when used thru your program ?

No...
11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
@binnerup

Sweet... i'll definitely give this a try. I am a big fan/supporter of your software (I use the WHS version mostly).

Pannasonic Plasma 50" -->HK254-->Emotiva xpa-5 & upa-2
A100 w/ 500gb HDD, A200 w/ mn100, c200 w/ 2.5" 250gb
Calm 2.1, YAMJ - Redefined 1.8a skin, Music Jukebox 8
WHS ex490 w/ 2.5tb's
11-17-2010, 06:08 PM
I have a question.
I already use mymovies.

One whs mymovies and Collection management.

I don't currently have enough points for fanart,etc.

I have been using the option to write nfo files for JAMJ.
Would there be a conflict on file versions to install this beta version of collection management and connect to my existing whs version of mymovies?
11-17-2010, 07:17 PM
collection was made "free" a few months ago to encourage more people to add data to get points.. have you tried to update the collection?
11-17-2010, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 07:25 PM by Binnerup.)
(11-17-2010 06:08 PM)Ruben Rocha Wrote:  I don't currently have enough points for fanart,etc.

There is no "ect." in regards to the media players - that is the only option that requires points. It is only 500 (720p) or 1000 (1080p), which should not take long to build up by contributing.

(11-17-2010 06:08 PM)Ruben Rocha Wrote:  I have been using the option to write nfo files for JAMJ.
Would there be a conflict on file versions to install this beta version of collection management and connect to my existing whs version of mymovies?

There would not, no - for the NMJ, My Movies does not store NFO files to avoid conflicts, data is inserted directly into the NMJ database.
(11-17-2010 07:17 PM)accident Wrote:  collection was made "free" a few months ago to encourage more people to add data to get points.. have you tried to update the collection?

The Collection Management have always been free - backdrops still requires points due to the traffic costs - it however not a high amount, which should be easy to build up by contributing data.

Everything else in regards to the media players are free, and have been always.
11-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Thank you!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Ruben Rocha for this post

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
:) ;) :cool: :D
:P :rolleyes: :shy: :(
:lightbulb: :angry: :-/ (A)
:heart: :dodgy: :blush: :huh:
:my: :sleepy: :exclamation: :S
[get more]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  NMJ Guide to severall disks databases billgatos 250 81,655 02-10-2014 02:33 PM
Last Post: chris57
  [GUIDE] Launch NMJ automatically accident 81 53,367 12-28-2012 01:56 PM
Last Post: accident
  [NMJ v1] {NMJx] Windows app for fixing posters/fanart (need beta testers) tiwas 24 8,371 02-18-2012 09:47 PM
Last Post: tiwas