Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
eXtreme Movie Manager meet NMJ
01-17-2012, 09:40 AM
RE: eXtreme Movie Manager meet NMJ
Hi,

I'm looking at your software and am downloading it as we speak. I'd pay anything to have NMJ simply work but as we all know it's broken for several reasons:

1) The Movie Wall doesn't update after a video edit.

2) It doesn't actually download from IMDB but rather from TheMovieDB which is fine but creating .nfo's that point to IMDB then get looked up in TheMovieDB but then even that doesn't happen due to NMJ having it's own cache which isn't really updated...ugh

3) Movie files don't get picked up appropriately by the scanner and several movie files will end up as 2001, 1957 World Series, etc... all based on movies with Years just because that year was in the movie filename, for example X-Men (2001).avi

So I ended up creating .nfo files for all of my movies using TheRenamer.

Now with that background onto my questions:

What would your product do with my existing .nfo's? Would it create it's own or import mine?

I really don't want to have to go through and fix my movies again...which is why I went to creating .nfo's. All of my files are named correctly now though.

Based on my situation what would happen and how much work?

Rob
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Hello,

Usually XMM can read the NFO File, it takes really few info like IMDB Link because all other info can be downloaded with the Script (To better take posters, actors etc..)

I suggest you to give a try to XMM to see if do exactly what you want... and if you have specific request just ask. As my users know I try always to implement people's requests quickly.

Thank you!
01-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi,

I will give it a try. I'm not sure I understood your response though.

The only thing that it is in my .nfo file is the imdb link. Are you saying it will read that so that I won't have to go through and match up the movies again manually?

Rob
01-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Yes, exactly. When you will use the IMDB Script it will find automatically the right movie.

If you found some bugs please let me know!
01-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Hi,

I noticed that you have an iPad app and that you are promoting the use of your app through a vm. Any thoughts into creating a Mac app? I have both Macs and PCs, 6 servers and over 20 clients combined, it would be REALLY nice to be able to use your app cross-platform.

Rob
01-18-2012, 07:22 AM
I am sorry but I don't know MAC World, I know that some people have do that but I cannot help on this... really sorry...
01-19-2012, 03:26 PM
AleTsg have you tested with both a NMJv2 and NMJv1 database?

Just asking in case you havent and require a NMJv2 database to work with. the 300 series uses v2 and 200 v1 presently. both should move to NMJv2 eventually.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
I haven't the database because I own a C200...

Let me know how can I take it.

Thank you!
03-14-2012, 03:03 AM
Is it possible to scan blu-ray folders? The subfolder playlist with
Its mpls files is the one to scan to get the needed info. Can i add mpls to the videotypelist? I do hope blurays can be scanned cause my videodatabase has a couple of 100 blurays. Gr. Haterv

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
:) ;) :cool: :D
:P :rolleyes: :shy: :(
:lightbulb: :angry: :-/ (A)
:heart: :dodgy: :blush: :huh:
:my: :sleepy: :exclamation: :S
[get more]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ÆON Movie Wall for NMJ Data v1.0.1 - 200 Series - Updated 18th Jan vaidyasr 67 34,423 03-02-2012 11:23 AM
Last Post: vaidyasr
  [NMJ v2] [Apps] NMJ Editor - V2 database manager mentat6059 3 7,433 01-18-2012 01:39 PM
Last Post: mentat6059