Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
My Lil Movie Jukebox, .. REV 2 !!!!!
06-08-2008, 06:26 PM

Here are some actual screenshots of how I've got it looking on the tv.
[Image: 09a74e380942.jpg]
[Image: 95c80011066f.jpg]

I haven't gotten the hover link to change colour yet (I had changed the .nav link hover). Will try again the correct way.

Theres just a few other things I need help with.
Is it possible to add a title to the top of the page like My Movies or something?
If I were to add, for example, 20 movies in a single row, and navigate to them by scrolling to the right (or left) of the screen is there a line of code I can insert to make the genres and A-z remain in the middle of the screen? (if you don't understand what I mean I will explain more)

And lasty is it possible to add a seperation between the genres/a-z and the movie covers, in order to center the covers if a single row is used?
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2008, 07:11 PM

Looks real good man! You should be able to play around and do what you want, ... so experiment! THat's what make it fun.

Edit the exportindex_item_pcha100.xsl file

locate the following code'....
<xsl:template match="navigation">
<div class="navigation" align="center">

then make this change ....
<xsl:template match="navigation">
<div class="navigation" align="center"><xsl:text> . . . . . . </xsl:text>

Whatever you put in place of the above "dots" should show up as a title.

But I'm 99% certain that you can't do 'side-scrolling'

take care
Allen

PS, ... for a small collection of movies, your thumbnails are fine,.... but when you have a large 500 movie collection, the thumbnails need to be smaller, and you need to lose the reflection "bling bling" as well. ... my opinions only, of course.

Also, .. I'm thinking that your "play movie" graphic might be too large as well,.... ie as a test, ... add the Ultimate Matrix trilogy to your collection, ... put threee links in for the three movies, ... then export it and look at it on the screen. My opinion is that you should be able to play and start all three movies without having to scroll down on the page to see the three Play Movie images.

Anyway, just a few things you might want to think about, if you haven't already done so. ... remember my criteria and my thinking is for viewing on my 60" TV, and if you have different circumstances, then you could be right on target! That's the beauty of using the templates, ... you can play around and make it look like you want it too, and not like some ol man in his 60s! thinks you should have it Smile

take care
Allen
06-08-2008, 08:11 PM

Thats awsome milly!

How'd you change the positioning of all the various text and the "Play" button?

AWSOME work on the templates guys....love the new stuff...it's making things much easier.

Also....

I got the new templates working with audio files if you place them in as type "Other" in movie collector.

All the new layouts and workings...made me really work for it!!

....it wasn't as simple a addition as it was previous....but it works now!

I'll probably try photos next.

Basicly i'm trying to set this up so its a giant Media interface for the popcornhour....so i don't have to quit out of the jutebox to play mp3's or look at photos.

Again big thanks to Legion and Pmontanari, thanks a ton for all the hard work.

I'm gonna try to coordinate with you further milly...i really like the look of yours.

Also...Milly, donno if its completely possible...but the guys in the other jutebox thread are working on using your reflection idea without photoshop....apparently they're setting up some sorta java script to do it.

EDIT: I'm gonna try your scripts out today...but i might need some help...i'll try your little walkthrough you PM'd me
06-08-2008, 08:30 PM

Hey excal,
the positioning of all the various text and play button where all done for me with Legion's new templates. The action files I sent you may not work according to Acribb. I will be soon upgrading to CS3 which should solve the action problem. I hope the other guys get the reflection working.. will have to see.

Legion:
Your right about the play button not working great for more than two movies. I'm thinking about some alternatives. However I can get the side scrolling to work, and its really neat. The only thing is genres and A-Z don't say where they should.
06-08-2008, 09:04 PM

wondering howto setup smb shares correcly ???

config file says:

<!-- for SMB -->
<!-- <xsl:variable name="mywebstore">file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/[SMB] servername:sharename/</xsl:variable> -->

<!-- Internal HDD -->
<xsl:variable name="mywebstore">file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Video/</xsl:variable>

i understand i have to comment out internal hdd as its default and uncomment "SMB" ... byt no need for user/pass? also ... servername=windowsname or ipadress ?

also, it is possible to add myihome shares ?? all my x264 movies is in myihome.

The smb thing above is for dvd iso, i share them from my pc over smb.

Described in tutorial:
Z:\video, and click on the file testmovie.avi. Click OK. Now Double-Click on this entry again, ... and this time change the description to say PLAY MOVIE. If you have a series or box set, ...then label each link as DISC1, DISC2, etc.

I MUST add play for every single file right ?? for all example 100 movies? question 2 ..is it possible to point at an iso file ?? for example i share kiddie isos over smb, when setting up an movie database collectorz.com, can i add an iso file as "PLAY MOVIE" ???
06-08-2008, 09:47 PM

I hit a snag... I thought everything was working fine...but its not.

The template is replaceing the path i have in MOC....which i knew it did.

However...i'm keeping all my files in seperate Directories...just to keep the PCH hard drive better organized.

So if my link in movie collector is & was....

\Forbidden Kingdom\p-tfk.av

now its taking just the p-tfk.av

so the outputted path for the link is...

<a class="playlabel" href="file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Video/p-tfk.avi

when i need it to be...

<a class="playlabel" href="file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Video/Forbidden Kingdom/p-tfk.avi

What do i need to change in the templates to retain my sub directories?

EDIT: I think i fixed it...i hadda replace the File_Name variable with the variable string from the old template....that seems to have worked.
06-08-2008, 10:40 PM

excal: just pm me if you want me to send you the background image and the playbutton
06-08-2008, 11:27 PM

can someone please help me telling whats the right settings in exportdetails_pcha100_utilities.xsl when using smb ?

My computer name is AMD64-X2 and the smb share i wanna use is namned BarnDVD. using this ....

<xsl:variable name="mywebstore">file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/[SMB] AMD64-X2:BarnDVD/</xsl:variable> -->

Using this settings ends upp with html files not displaying the pcitures and play buttons that wont link to the file i pointed to ... and its because of the settings, when swithing to default settings (with hard drive) everything work ...

Any help ??
06-09-2008, 12:07 AM

let's see if I can help you, .... here's what I did and it worked for me ...

First, ... go to the setup screen on your PCH, .. then on to Network Share,... browse until you've found your share ... where your movies are stored ... click SAVE.

Now, press the SOURCE button on your remote, ... you'll see something like this ...
[Image: pch4.jpg]

As you can see, my share is the second line, .. or
TC-FILE-SERVER:Public. REMEMBER THIS NAME!!!!!!

NOW..... edit the "exportdetails_pcha100_utilities.xsl" file ....
and enter the name from above as so:

<xsl:variable name="mywebstore">file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/[SMB] TC-FILE-SERVER:Public/</xsl:variable>

Now, .... if I had a folder that my movies were in, ... ie, say "Video", my entry would be ...

<xsl:variable name="mywebstore">file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/[SMB] TC-FILE-SERVER:Public/Video/</xsl:variable>

hope this helps
Allen
06-09-2008, 12:11 AM

has anyone gotten the hover border colour to change yet? it works on the pc for me, but not the PCH

Legion: Your code worked for adding a title, but is there a way to display it about the A-Z rather than beside it? Thanks again.
06-09-2008, 01:40 AM

I got the templates working with playlists now too.

You gotta create the playlist file manually (which is pretty easy).

But then after that you just import it into Movie collector like you would any movie file.

If anyone wants the code or a walkthrough, just let me know.
06-09-2008, 02:38 AM

What in the CSS file is the thing i'd need to edit to start the Linked files higher on the page?

I like how its listed vertically on the right...but they seem to start about half way down the page.

Which is great if its just one file.

But when i have multiple files for say a TV show, i'd really prefer the links start at the top of the page and are listed vertically down the right side of the page from there.

If i have to make it so all pages have the first/only file in the upper right hand corner...thats fine.
06-09-2008, 03:47 AM

I would like to share some thoughts...

1- I'm using a playlist file to play multiple parts movies.
2- I find a way to automatically (batch script) generate images with the wet floor effect that mcmillyonaire does with Photoshop, using ImageMagick. I can post it later...
06-09-2008, 04:55 AM
USB Drive Help
Sorry Guys, but I am a newbie. How exactly do you link a movie file in the USB drive attached to the PCH? I tried to hook it up to my computer and in the Movie Collector program added the link to the file, which happens to be my D: drive when hooked up to my computer. I then exported HTML index file to the root drive. I have the movie in a folder called "video" I then hookup the USB drive to PCH. When I click on the drive, it doesn't automatically load like it does on the PCH internal drive. Is there something I need to edit and if so how do I edit the files? Like I said, I am really green. Or is there a topic in the forums for newbie like me? On the PCH, I trioed to go to the far left icon and load the index.htm file manually, but all I get is a blank screen.
06-09-2008, 07:59 AM

cant get it work

tried both
<xsl:variable name="mywebstore">file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/[SMB] 192.168.1.136:BarnDVD/</xsl:variable> -->

<xsl:variable name="mywebstore">file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/[SMB] AMD64-X2:BarnDVD/</xsl:variable> -->

My computer name is AMD64-X2 and have ip adress 192.168.1.136 in the local LAN, and the smb share i wanna use is namned BarnDVD. using this ....

When is use this settings things is being screwed up, pictures in movie info is not showing up and the play button links to an html file instead of the actuall file.

everything work when i have the option for internal hard drive ..... but when changing to SMB option in config file everything scrwes up ...guess its wrongs settings but what to use ??
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information [MUSIC] Music Jukebox Release 8 Download and Installation wandidj 1,492 636,553 03-18-2014 10:19 PM
Last Post: yetiboy
  Plex client just stops and returns to jukebox page mendes9 3 569 02-17-2014 02:59 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  Music Jukebox for A300 rd48sec 1 591 02-06-2014 07:28 AM
Last Post: jluc2808
  Music Flow Jukebox 07-12-2011 michael1t 3 3,375 11-12-2013 03:05 PM
Last Post: michael1t
Music [MUSIC] MPD JukeBox (MPDJB) joblo10 384 329,151 11-04-2013 10:53 PM
Last Post: hindibuff
  Basic Jukebox for MP4 metadata sebpinski 0 1,270 08-22-2013 03:27 PM
Last Post: sebpinski
  Movie Flow for All Jukebox 03-21-2013 Updated michael1t 212 83,555 08-14-2013 03:16 PM
Last Post: michael1t
  MLMJ and Movie Collector 9 johnfromen6 7 2,691 06-19-2013 02:03 AM
Last Post: gsbaker
  music jukebox with ipad remote wesley2004 0 1,951 12-26-2012 12:31 AM
Last Post: wesley2004
  What is wrong? music jukebox config help jplinux3 15 5,146 07-23-2012 07:55 AM
Last Post: jluc2808