Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Oversize or Cut off screen from sides
12-17-2010, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2010 12:36 AM by TeRRoR.)
Oversize or Cut off screen from sides
First, wana say Thanks for UMC.
UMC is the best.
Here's the only problem I am having. the loading screen and the menu background is cutting out from the edges.
The Movie or Series discription is cut from the side.
Now I did a lot of searching before posting, and the only thing I found was my TV might me over scanning.
Well, I checked all the setting on the TV menu, Popcorn setting I have tried Auto, 720p and 1080i, nothing works.
Everything else is fine, all the popcorn menus all the videos and even YAMJ (I know I gave it a try too) all displays fine. Its only UMC that has the screen problem. Nothing else.
Even the UMC loading screen is cut off.
I have tried everything I could and cannot seem to fix it.
Finally posting to see if someone else had the issue or know the fix. Thought I ask anyways.
Could it be the skin, can anything be changes in skin.xml?

Thanks for all the help in advance
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2011, 09:41 PM
RE: Oversize or Cut off screen from sides
I got the same problem, screen UMC is bigger than the onscreen display. I got PCH -c200 and a panasonic vierra 42 inch set to 1080p
09-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi in the german forum, so people said they had to deactivate the overscan function of the TV.
Or you could try to disable it in the UMC settings in the frontend and see what happens
09-05-2011, 08:40 AM
+1!

I've got the same problem!
09-06-2011, 02:56 AM
Once you have the skin launched on your popcorn hour (revamp) you need to go into the setting and turn off the overscan option.

BenQ W1080ST / 125" Screen
Denon AVR-991 HD Audio/Video Receiver
7.1 Audio - Definitive Technology UIW RLS II/POLK Rear Surround/NHT Super Ones Side Surround/Cerwin Vega dual port Center Channel
Custom Build 15" Tempest SonoSub 24" Dia. x 48" Tall 14hz low end (two 17" flared ports)
Mede8er 600X3D
Popcorn Hour C-200
All HDMI 1.4a
Media Server: 20TB with NSF streaming to Mede8er and SMB to Popcorn Hour on Gigabit LAN
09-08-2011, 08:45 PM
(09-06-2011 02:56 AM)Wookie Groomer Wrote:  Once you have the skin launched on your popcorn hour (revamp) you need to go into the setting and turn off the overscan option.

Hi, i tried the overscan option in settings it doenst work, when i activated it an go back to watch de movies section there is still oversize. When i check the settings section again the overscan option is disabled again.
09-08-2011, 09:28 PM
you need to disable overscan on yout TV's google "tv make model disable overscan" you will get results on how to acheive this

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.
12-28-2012, 11:24 PM
This worked for me with the YAMJ and the Eversion skin, maybe it works with other skins as well:

I had the same problem with the text get chopped off, just a little bit, in the bottom of the screen.
Solution: goto <drive:>yamj\skins\eversion\interface\eversion\settings
edit the file esettings-default.xml
set this to true
<!-- overscan: set to true to enable overscan scaling -->
<overscan>true</overscan>
Save the file and run a scan again to rebuild the layout.
12-29-2012, 07:16 AM
that's specific to eversion and eversion is handling the scaling. not ideal but there are some legit cases where you can't turn off overscan on the tv.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Movies stuck on loading screen mpippia 4 2,011 05-10-2010 10:53 PM
Last Post: GreenOnyx