Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
[FLASH SKIN] Eversion teaser.. 200 series skin coming soon.
02-10-2011, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2011 10:08 PM by Omertron.)
Lightning Eversion teaser.. 200 series skin coming soon.
Coming soon, YAMJ's first Flash based PCH Skin!

C200, A200, A210 and POPBOX only

EDIT: Werner broke the youtube embed Sad

Video Notes:

The system is designed to allow you to scroll as fast as you can with the limited speed remote and it will attempt to catch up to you. I purposely moved around to demonstrate that happening. You can quickly jump around indexes, move back and forth. It was recorded using an A-200 with IR remote. Users with a C-200 and RF Remote will find navigation to be faster. There are a couple spots where it may appear like I'm waiting for it to load but that was so you can see it catch up. I could have clicked and changed screens without waiting.

The library used for the video has approximately 4000 titles, that is not video files if you counted each episode there is probably 20,000 videos. The library is also stored on a NAS and the PCH was set to 10/100. Beta Testers have commented that it operates the same speed from NAS and Internal Drive.

Smaller libraries do load and run faster. If your a large library like myself, you'll appreciate the no slower than an html skin goal, and you'll live by the number keys jumping around indexes instead of click click click and eventually getting to the movie you want. If I post any update videos, I'll make sure to use a 200-300 title library so you can see the difference.

The video is recorded in 720P with the A200 set to 720p
UNFINISHED Screen shots: (quality took a hit when resized, original png too large for a forum post. I suck at graphics)

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 8.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

Pre-release FAQ:

When will it be out?

I cannot set a date yet, there are still a lot of little things to that need to tweaked or added. Unless a major issue is discovered, I would be shocked if it wasn't in March.

Why can't I use this on my 100 Series player?

We use the new interface only found in the 200 series PCH models. The 100 series are just too slow. The same reason the new apps and NMJ are only on the 200 Series.

This looks really familiar

It should, it's specifically a tribute/based on the streamedmp skin from mediaportal adjusted to work well on the pch. Streamed from xbmc has also been the basis for htpc default interfaces in software like plex. I like clean simple but useful screens and couldn't think of a better one not found on the pch yet.

How do I use this on the POPBOX?

The Popbox will not be part of the original beta. Because of differences of that player, just after release an app will be created and submitted for the AppStore. There are also some features that at the moment require remote control buttons that are not on your remote. They will need to be added to a mini-menu so you can use everything too. More information and a request for testers will be posted on the popbox forum when ready.

How is this different from what we have now?

What you have now is an html skin that is rather limited. There are also limits to this but some very cool things can happen in the future. it's more of an interface than a skin. As time goes by, cooler things you can't do in html will be added. The biggest advantage of flash based is you have a full interface that can talk to the world as needed. A cool thing is you don't have to stop when you start watching something. I have a few ideas for somethings you may want to do when watching a video in the background.

What is the strange video player in the video?

Available to anyone who signs up at the popapps developers site is a sample/default player. The player is designed to work well with popbox and pch owners so it has more on the screen and less with buttons. The popbox remote is smaller.

The normal pch player is also available and there are settings to configure it for a variety of different media types. For instance it cannot play blurays but the pch player can.

There are plans to make a customized player, when I started the project I figured it would be some screens, some load data routines and get skinners started.. boy was I wrong. I'd love to release with a fancy new player but it is way too much work for 1 person to pull off.

I don't like the images on the menu and it's very dark

All of the artwork is on the drive and can be modified and shared by anyone. Feel free to change around and release images like your used to with other skins. I'll probably organize some easy to add alternatives as well. A good example of this is Xorron's post over at the German YAMJ forum where he changed all the menu artwork to images he prefers.

I like a lot of images on the screen

I agree with you, at least I used to. I figured start easy and then make it crazy but I've become attached to the mini-details on the screen. Now that I can jump around the index really fast, scroll 10 lines of movies in a few seconds I prefer the missing row of artwork. I'm not jumping in and out of details and have grown to like it.

I am interested in bringing a lot of different styles of screens. I just picked some nice simple get started ones and a nice variety so you can customize it to your liking. Start posting your ideas, screen styles you like. Beta 1 is to make sure all the inner workings are usable by anyone interested in it. Your feedback for features you need or screens you want will help me create a priority list to work on.

Can you change/add _____?

Beta1 is being released to test the underlying system so far. It will be a fully functioning system and I already use it at home. What the versions after that will have in part will come from everyone else using it. I have my ideas of what I want in my house, I can't guess what you want or use. Please post.

Can I adjust _____?

It's not as opened as an html skin however all artwork and most of the prompts are on the drive and changeable. At some point when all the legalities are sorted out with the popapp developer licensing it will be open sourced. Ideally, this system behind the scene's could be turned into a can't program but want to make a skin interface. The ultimate goal is that as flash development tools aren't cheap.

How often will updates come out?

They probably won't be daily but it depends on the changes. Perhaps weekly, or as needed. I don't expect to go months at a time with no changes but that all depends on what feature is currently being added as there will be some big ones where releasing part way can't happen.

Can you make it for my language?

The system already supports multiple languages and will be translated for many of them. The language files are on the drive and you can change them to anything you like or a language we didn't have anyone to translate for.

How hard is this to install?

It installs like any YAMJ Skin. Nothing fancy or special and we will have instructions for new install and changing skins.

Can I beta test?

Just a tester I have. However there are areas which I could use more help like wiki, documentation, translating languages and artwork. If you feel you can help out in other ways, please pm me.

Popbox users there will be a general call for testers sometime in march, watch your forum for info. If you want to start getting your media library ready for this skin, I suggest setting up yamj with a skin like sabish that is very complete and browser friendly. Then you can learn about yamj and options you have for scanning.

A special thank you:

Zombiehunter has taken on the task of sorting out some of the annoying issues with the pch. for example, being able to use an index.htm to load the skin is simple. Getting it to exit when it doesn't load the skin again took him over 3 weeks. Now it even has useful messages like, sorry this doesn't work on a 100 series player and you need to adjust your video settings for HD. Minor in the scheme of things but annoying if you don't know what to do.

Omertron for the few minor tweaks to yamj to have it work better with this setup. They weren't really needed for it to happen but it will result in smaller Jukebox folders, faster running yamj skipping parts we don't use, and not having to hand add a different index.htm.

MOD EDIT: This is sticky because it's a new development for YAMJ. It by no means that any skins currently out there, or being developed are any less worthy.

Accident add: Move zig.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 28 users say Thank You to accident for this post
02-10-2011, 04:19 PM
RE: [FLASHSKIN] Eversion teaser....
Great work accident! (But I want a stick figure skin? Big Grin )

Do you have translation strings in xml/other format/ that could be shared and worked on already?

Audio, video, disco - I hear, I see, I learn.
Wiki. Wiki? Wiki!
02-10-2011, 04:25 PM
This looks really, really cool. I can't wait to play around with it.

Excellent work!

17TB WHS 2011 w/FlexRaid -> PCH C200: Hitachi 2,5" 160GB & LG CH08 BD-ROM -> Onkyo TX-SR507B -> Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
[Image: watched-fanart.jpg]
02-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Looks very slick Acc. Can't wait to get hands on!

02-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Looks very nice! And that would work just the same as a regular "skin" in YAMJ for installation?

Cheers,

-jj-

PCH C-200 + LG GGC-H20L internal Blu-ray drive · YAMJ plus Aeon Wall · Samsung LE-46A956 · Sony STR-DG820 · JBL CS 1500 · 2 x 40TB Unraid servers
02-10-2011, 05:00 PM
yes please!!!
02-10-2011, 05:24 PM
(02-10-2011 04:19 PM)dc11ab Wrote:  Do you have translation strings in xml/other format/ that could be shared and worked on already?

We already spoke in shoutbox, but after this weekend I should know better where we stand with things to translate and will be in touch.

Quote:And that would work just the same as a regular "skin" in YAMJ for installation?

Yes, if you can run yamj and own a 200 series player (and soon after a popbox) you can use this. Nothing extra to install. Some future features may require an api but that will be optional and not part of the original release. Although I did request some popapp features that would allow us to do it without installing anything. Cross your fingers syabas adds them Smile
[+] 1 user says Thank You to accident for this post
02-11-2011, 12:32 AM
RE: [FLASHSKIN] Eversion teaser.. 200 series skin coming soon.
Looks excellent Big Grin
02-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Not gonna lie, I have been stalking the progress of this skin. Its looking fantastic! As long as I am able to fluently move around quickly (don't need blazing fast) I will be happy! Great work accident, also I know you said you weren't looking for "feature suggestions" but I would love to be able to see the movie info when clicking info button instead of just movie name, either way it looks great! This is why I love the NMT community!Big Grin

A200 [no HDD]
Equipment: Netgear ReadyNas Ultra 4, Netgear JGS524, Panasonic TC-PVT30 65", iScan Duo, Denon AVR-4306, Pioneer A-35R, Pioneer VSX-39TX
02-11-2011, 09:25 AM
I have to say this skin looks great. I must say you really have made your way in flash programming. I first read about your project in Januari, and already this much progress. Thumbs up!
02-11-2011, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 12:25 PM by accident.)
(02-11-2011 01:24 AM)tman12 Wrote:  As long as I am able to fluently move around quickly (don't need blazing fast) I will be happy!

I've been trying to find that sweet spot where "it could be better but I would use this." It won't be an htpc application the hardware needed isn't in the existing pch units.

Quote:Great work accident, also I know you said you weren't looking for "feature suggestions"
Actually the opposite, I want to hear them all. I am missing certain things that I don't personally use so I am not really sure the best way to show or interact with them. Or perhaps might be better implemented without yamj. Trailers is a good example of this. I also wanted to keep the underlying system without a lot of "just for this screen" code so beta 1 can really test out what needs improvement or bugs.

That's the interesting part of this project.. right now it's skins for yamj, however it opens up opportunity for the next evolution of yamj and things not possible before.

Quote:I would love to be able to see the movie info when clicking info button instead of just movie name

That's high on my list also as well as "who is that and what other film was she in?"
02-11-2011, 10:37 AM
I echo tman ive been watching this with avid interest. Dont get me wrong the sabish skin I use is awsome but this looks like the future and cant wait to give it a test drive.

Just finished my database with 600 movies and around 300 trailers so its all about the look and functionality now Smile

Question : does it support trailers.
02-11-2011, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 12:23 PM by accident.)
(02-11-2011 10:37 AM)kinkster Wrote:  Don't get me wrong the sabish skin I use is awsome but this looks like the future

Right now it appears like a competing skin but it will not always appear that way as more and more of the system comes together. Hopefully before the year is over, you'll start to see things like GT making skins for this. At the moment it has only made it to the point that there is 1 skin in it with no way to change it around except for artwork, languages and a variety of settings for what screen to show where, how you want that screen to work and fine tuning the underlying loading/drawing to meet your preference. However what is going on behind the screens to make what you use is the start of something much larger.

Quote:Question : does it support trailers.

The short answer is no. The longer answer is that it's extras and not just trailers and i'm trying to sort out how some of the requests might be able to be achieved now using extras. To me it was always tossed into any skin. This is an area I would love input on how you want to interact with them.
02-11-2011, 12:34 PM
(02-11-2011 12:22 PM)accident Wrote:  The short answer is no. The longer answer is that it's extras and not just trailers and i'm trying to sort out how some of the requests might be able to be achieved now using extras. To me it was always tossed into any skin. This is an area I would love input on how you want to interact with them.

I have no idea of the capability and logistics surrounding how these things work but in an ideal world scenario theres a couple of options.

Skin I use at the moment when you hover over a film it enlarges the box cover, if that were to interact with trailer instead be pretty sweet (think ive mentioned that before)

Maybe even better would be when you click into a film getting the fanart poster and film info etc to have the trailer playing in the background with the film sinopsis still showing ie. trailer replaces the background image.

As for this competing with other skins in essence yes but im sure the quality skinners are also looking at this with a view of migrating there own visions onto the technology. Will be a thing of beauty in time.
02-11-2011, 01:10 PM
so you want more of a player with the trailer going and all the info screens being about the movie.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [HTML SKIN] iSkin - YAMJ Skin for iOS, Android, or any device with a web-kit based browser gfb107 1,573 513,538 04-10-2014 09:45 PM
Last Post: point zero
  [FLASH SKIN] evHell 4.0 for Eversion Rezurfer 417 87,912 04-08-2014 12:38 AM
Last Post: point zero
  [HTML SKIN] All-in-One Package SabishGT skin [Update: 28.05.2011] gt-eins 2,108 618,389 04-06-2014 10:23 PM
Last Post: jomuir
  [Guide] [EVERSION] How to add a custom item on the home list Bazrah 77 13,271 04-06-2014 10:34 AM
Last Post: jluc2808
  [FLASH SKIN] Eversion Beta2 v2.8.16 (R0179c)-FINAL accident 178 25,061 02-01-2014 07:26 PM
Last Post: rron
  [FLASH SKIN] Legion's Overlays and Mods for evZap! (02/27 update) Legion455 311 82,573 01-02-2014 10:18 PM
Last Post: grimmace92
  [HTML SKIN] Trakt.tv checkin support! Works on A-100 series and beyond... Freakeao 7 1,627 10-08-2013 09:58 PM
Last Post: Freakeao
Information [HTML SKIN] Guide for YAMJ skin makers Omertron 63 63,931 06-12-2013 01:00 PM
Last Post: yakoman
Photo [FLASH SKIN] pfpscope - A CinemaScope skin for Eversion pfp 23 10,771 05-20-2013 04:08 PM
Last Post: Cappy1
  [YAMJ] ALPHA TEST: Eversion with iSkin2 mobile/tablet Remote accident 85 17,711 05-19-2013 07:47 PM
Last Post: flyck