Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Syabas is first to support MKV3D
03-17-2011, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2011 08:24 AM by Eric.)
Syabas is first to support MKV3D
Syabas Technology, a leading global distributor of digital entertainment solutions, is very excited to announce that it’s the first to support Matroska 3D in its latest firmware update for both the Popcorn Hour and PopBox products. During the CES 2011 show they demoed the new 3D playback software and received great feedback from both re-sellers and existing customers.

A free firmware update is now available for the Popcorn Hour C-200 with the A-200/210 and PopBox version on the way. Users can now enjoy playback of 3D movie files in both stereoscopic modes. Side by Side and Top and Bottom video are now supported in a wide variety of popular containers including MK3D, MOV, MP4, and M2TS. Using HDMI 1.4 commands, playback on any 3D compatible television is now a reality.

“At Syabas it was our goal to offer our customers a better TV viewing experience and 3D brings it," said Armando Lopez VP of Strategic Product Marketing. “We took a look at the most popular playback formats and found that 3D was one of them. We put together our engineering resources and now have one of the best 3D playback devices on the market.”

The innovative Syabas products enable consumers to enjoy a wide assortment of content including, home videos, photos, personal music, movies, games and a wide range of TV apps. They have some of the most popular apps like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Revision3, Flicker, Howcast, TED, Weather Bug and many more. To complete all this we have a great user interface that aggregates all your media from any networked device anywhere in the house. Syabas continues to add value to our customer experiences and further enhance our firmware which will benefit existing and new customers alike.

"For a long time Syabas Technology has been a strong early adopter of the Matroska technology,” said Steve Lhomme of Matroska. “They have been reliable partners of our team for years. We are delighted to see them raise the bar once again with the first hardware/software support of 3D Stereoscopic Matroska files. We expect use of .mk3d (.mkv with 3D video) to increase a lot during the coming months/years and with the help of hardware partners like Syabas.”
ok, a little shameless advertisement on my part for the great company i worked with.

I think you must agree with me that Syabas (Popcorn Hour) is always churning out free updates to your PCH devices to keep it fresh, for example the recent NMJ release and now the 3DMKV support.

Now, talk about great investment for your electronics related equipment that, more often than not you are force to buy newer model for newer features.

Join our facebook page today!
http://www.facebook.com/networkedmediajukebox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Eric for this post
03-17-2011, 11:14 AM
RE: Syabas is first to support MKV3D
Syabas seem very preoccupied with this 3D stuff, until the day comes when it isn't necessary to look like Joe 90 when watching it I won't be taking part or getting excited.

Now that it is done lets hope that the long standing bugs that have been on Mantis for months are now given priority by the Engineers.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
[+] 4 users say Thank You to chris57 for this post
03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Checkerboard
If Syabas wants to really impress, they should add support for checkerboard output format, for owners of Mitsubishi and Samsung pre-3D 3D TVs, you know the ones that came out before the 3D standard was finalised.

I have a Samsung PN50A450 which is 3D-compatible, only not with the standardized output formats (!!), and I have no plan to replace it just for 3D, but if PCH supported checkerboard 3D output format I could watch 3D content from my A-200.

A-110, A-200 with Moovika case, A-400
[+] 1 user says Thank You to rvp819 for this post
03-17-2011, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2011 01:09 PM by jay.)
RE: Checkerboard
(03-17-2011 11:40 AM)rvp819 Wrote:  If Syabas wants to really impress, they should add support for checkerboard output format, for owners of Mitsubishi and Samsung pre-3D 3D TVs, you know the ones that came out before the 3D standard was finalised.

At least the current implementation is just *signaling* to the Display-Device, it's not a format conversion (yet?).

There are dedicated devices for 3D-format-conversion, but i would not know any that supports checkerboard.
03-17-2011, 02:02 PM
The Popcorn Hour A-110 will be updated to support this new feature?

Yes.. I now it is only HDMI 1.3, but the PS3 too, and according to wikipedia it is possible to manage 3D:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ps3#cite_no...ilities-59
Quote:Initially used HDMI 1.3a specification,[50] but was upgraded to 1.4 with the introduction of stereoscopic 3D gaming and Blu-ray playback (via firmware update). The PlayStation 3 does not currently support any other HDMI 1.4 capabilities.

Can anyone please explain this matter?

Best regards

Jerome
03-17-2011, 08:09 PM
(03-17-2011 11:14 AM)chris57 Wrote:  Syabas seem very preoccupied with this 3D stuff, until the day comes when it isn't necessary to look like Joe 90 when watching it I won't be taking part or getting excited.

Now that it is done lets hope that the long standing bugs that have been on Mantis for months are now given priority by the Engineers.

Ya, you echo my thoughts exactly.

When an actual "standard" is established for the TV end of 3D, then spending time on 3D will be worth it. Currently it is fad that seems very popular with many people but without a real standard.

Lets get back to the real issues of the PCHs instead trying to "follow the crowd".

C-200, A-110 both playing from a DIY Linux Raid 5 server.

Remuxes, Captures and Transcodes done on a desktop running;
Win7, Intel i7 hexacore processor with 24 GB ram, WD VR OS drive and a WD Black 2 TB data drive.
03-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Syabas officially supports half SBS or TAB 3D. Unofficially, I think it was working and some other players could do it before. So, Syabas is not first. This is NOT Full 1080p Blu-ray 3D!! Your marketing is a bit misleading. But thats ok. I am a well informed 3D guy.
I will gladly wait and pay for new hadware from Syabas that will play Blu-ray 3D ISO's/ Full 1080p 3D/ MVC codec/SSIF.
See you in December 2012 with that?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to TheAxledentalDJ for this post
03-17-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't get it, hasn't Syabas realised the 3D is S*IT except at the Cinema. Nobody gives a frag about 3d.

42LG7000 LCD,
Popcorn Hour C-200,
Yamaha Rx-v2067, Rx-v2700,Sky+ HD PVR
Dell Hybrid PC Blu
Logitech Revue,WD TV SMP,Squeezebox Touch,Chumby NETV
Logitech 895,900 Remotes
12TB Linkstation / ReadyNas Storage
Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6,9, Kef IQ5se.
03-18-2011, 03:53 AM
Nobody cares about 3D? Go to http://www.blu-ray.com forums and read the 3D thread. You can say what you want, but 3D in the cinema and by the relases from the movie studios indicate 3D is still here and will be going to the home theatres as well. If theres money in it, then the studios will continue to sell it.
03-18-2011, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2011 04:21 AM by accident.)
woohoo a feature only 3 people want.
03-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Hi guys,

The PR is on the claim that Syabas is first media player to support MKV3D, NOT 3D
or BluRay3D.

We worked with the Matroska guys to comply with their specifications,
also with mkvtoolnix guys to ensure compatibility with their tools.
Thus they participated in this PR.

Due to limitation of SMP8643 platform, it can only do half-resolution side-by-side
and top-and-bottom 3D. We added HDMI1.4 signalling to ensure that 3D-capable
TV respond accordingly, and you do not need to reach for the remote.

We will be adding support for BD25 version of 3D soon.

Whether 3D will take off or not is anybody's guess. Just like when we first started
supporting the Matroska format (back then the most popular format still is DiVX/AVI).
But look where it is now. We will continue to work close with Matroska to ensure
that our device complies with their latest specification.

The SMP8643 based device is already 1.5 years old, we would believe that such
upgrades are still value add to our users.

Sales: sales@syabas.com
Tech support: support@syabas.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Syabas for this post
03-18-2011, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2011 04:50 AM by accident.)
All the firmwares this year had added 1 new thing and broke 3 existing.. I'm happy to see innovation and working with the correct people, I think it's a nice direction. I'm happy all you 3d users can watch your mkv's in 3d.. It would be awesome if you didn't cause all my existing used to work mkv's to stutter so I can also enjoy the player I already own too.
03-18-2011, 06:32 AM
accident,

Do join our beta-tester program, if you have not already done so.

We are not aware of MKV stutter issue, can you elaborate ?

Sales: sales@syabas.com
Tech support: support@syabas.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2011, 07:10 AM
someone else with the same stutter issue just mentioned reflashing the new firmware fixed them.. I'm trying that now.
03-18-2011, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2011 09:38 AM by chris57.)
MKV Stutter issues:
25fps MKV stutters Reported on Mantis 416.
MKV stutters and gets worse thread
Try playing an Apple 1080p trailer downloaded from Apple.com and you'll see the problem.
Also now HD vobsub causes stutter now in playback, previously they just wouldn't show. Mantis report 470.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
:) ;) :cool: :D
:P :rolleyes: :shy: :(
:lightbulb: :angry: :-/ (A)
:heart: :dodgy: :blush: :huh:
:my: :sleepy: :exclamation: :S
[get more]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FreeOTT - Now features miracast support for android screen mirroring Eric 0 862 10-08-2013 06:14 AM
Last Post: Eric