Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Syabas is first to support MKV3D
03-28-2011, 08:17 AM
RE: Syabas is first to support MKV3D
Yes Dave sorry, I forgot to mention that this is not the customer complaints list but the Beta Testers test incidents reports list that all made it into the public firmware releases...
Beta testers are dedicated into making this a better product for a bigger market...

PCH-A100/A210/C200/A400 500GB EXT3 HDD<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to the A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.

The inability to setup and configure the NMT should not be disguised as a defect of the box...
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Thanks for your advise, Willem.

We are aware of this list.
Actually we have another internal list that we worked on, which we picked from this list,
items we considered critical to fix. This go through prioritization process versus our other
development items.

That said, we will do a round of review this week, since apparently our selection of items
to work on as priority is not satisfactory for some users.

It is hard for us to choose without a ranking, therefore, it is all based on our internal
selection criteria and indeed, sometimes it is based on the noise level on the forum.

I won't lie to you, but any critical fixes required needs to be identified and fixed within
next 2 builds, as this product already 1.5 years old and we need to move on to new platform.

I will publish the sorted list after we are done.

Sales: sales@syabas.com
Tech support: support@syabas.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2011, 08:44 AM
"we need to move on to new platform."

That's saying a lot already. I've been here long enough to read between the lines Smile

A200 connected to 32" Samsung UA32C5000
C200 connected to Denon 1610 AVR and 42" LG 42LH50YR
Encore ENHGS-500 5 port Gigabit switch.
03-28-2011, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 09:12 AM by kiranos.)
Quote:I won't lie to you, but any critical fixes required needs to be identified and fixed within
next 2 builds, as this product already 1.5 years old and we need to move on to new platform.

that totally sucks, maybe the countdown of 1.5years should start when the player becomes usable Tongue I could use my player for the first 6 month, still used A-100 and now its old.. hopefully xbmc and new nvidia tegra version or other hardware will be able to do what sigma chip does, then I'll get better and longer support.

EDIT found ASUS E35M1-M PRO looking good Tongue
03-28-2011, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 10:27 AM by Willem53.)
come on guy's what I read is that all the important stuff will get fixed in the next 2 builds.... and we get the list....
optimum transparency I would say.
Wait for the list before we start any semantic discussions on what's "important" "critical" and "priority"....
And the "new platform" will take much of the current platform that still needs to be fixed anyway... if they don't go all out Intel..

PCH-A100/A210/C200/A400 500GB EXT3 HDD<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to the A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.

The inability to setup and configure the NMT should not be disguised as a defect of the box...
03-28-2011, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 11:31 AM by vanluijk.)
(03-28-2011 05:58 AM)Syabas Wrote:  Or should we keep such new development a secret, since this is deem a provocation, as vanluijk opines ?
I specifically reacted on a non-informative follow-up post, not on the initial post. This follow-up post contained only buzz-words that Syabas proved unworthy to use, sofar. Accomplish the basics to earn the right to bragg like this:
Syabas Wrote:We intend to stay ahead in delivering the latest innovation and technology.

(03-28-2011 05:58 AM)Syabas Wrote:  Vanluijk, can you list the issues that you personally consider your pet peeve, and I can promise you we will review it through ?
I mentioned the network issues though (pretty basic to an NETWORKED media tank??), but definately don't find that more important than all other bugs that Willem and others mentionned already.

PCH-C200 + 2TB WD20EADS & Synology DS211 + 3TB WD
03-28-2011, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 03:14 PM by Syabas.)
Vanluijk,

It would be helpful if you are more specific what "network" issue you facing ?

If it is Gigabit, then I can only say no such luck, we have tried every patch
Sigma dishes out, basically current SMP8643 will only have limited compatibility
on Gigabit. Next iteration SMP8647 promises to fix it, but as always with Sigma,
we will have to see to believe.

If it is about specific apps issue with "network", say FTP, yes, we are aware
there is a bug with that FTP version, the fix is also on the next NMT apps build.

So, please be more specific, then we only we can help you.

kiranos,

Every new chipset that comes out will have to go through the same "maturing"
process.

Hop over to Boxee Box thread at the AVS Forum, and you see there are so many
"basic" issues with the Intel CE41xx platform, and they are still a single product
company. Wait till they have more and more products in their line up.

Again, I won't lie to you, when the SMP8910 chipset comes out, be prepare to
see a lot of bugs with various media format, as once again Sigma doing a major
restructuring of their SDK. As with Nvidia Tegra3, or with Intel next generation
dual-core BD3D ?????-ville chipsets. All these chipsets slated to appear towards
end of the 2011, but frankly I doubt any of this platform will have an issue free
software SDK by that time.

There is one way I see to achieve a solid and stable player, that is to limit
the amount of format, features and functions supported. Just like AppleTV.

Till today, we are still providing firmware updates for A-100/A-110/B-110 series,
which is 4+ years old. There is a build in our QA queue.

Sales: sales@syabas.com
Tech support: support@syabas.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2011, 03:39 PM
(03-28-2011 02:58 PM)Syabas Wrote:  If it is Gigabit, then I can only say no such luck, we have tried every patch Sigma dishes out, basically current SMP8643 will only have limited compatibility on Gigabit. Next iteration SMP8647 promises to fix it, but as always with Sigma, we will have to see to believe.
Thanks for the clarity. (I mean that: this is preferred much over the content I reacted to.)

(03-28-2011 02:58 PM)Syabas Wrote:  If it is about specific apps issue with "network", say FTP, yes, we are aware there is a bug with that FTP version, the fix is also on the next NMT apps build.
Transmission crashing completely at random. I didn't dare using FTP yet, since for many people it makes the player more unstable. I'm happy to hear it will be fixed. Thanks for that.

The main issue was, however, not the specific bugs. As others posted, several members of the forum made a huge effort to make sure the most relevant ones are known and there is little I can add to that. It is the attitude of that one post that tipped me off. It would have been better to recognize that something went wrong and take a humbler stance in the community. I recognized the fact you tried hard to
Syabas Wrote:stay ahead in delivering the latest innovation and technology
with the C200, but for the past 1.5 years it just didn't work out. Then just refrain from pretending otherwise on this community forum! Acknowledging this would have saved you all off-topic posts in this thread.

Meanwhile the lists compiled on this forum are rather complete and if you are serious at all on
Syabas Wrote:delivering
, prioritizing in that list is not going to do it. Just fix what is there. Willem's list is ALREADY the result of selecting only confirmed problems that have been discussed at this forum.
You don't want potential buyers to read anything else than: "Don't worry, sometimes things do not go as planned, but we'll fix EVERY meaningfull problem that can be fixed". (I do accept the fact that some things can not be fixed, but then at least be honest and acknowledge that!)

One thing I do want to acknowledge: Your availability for discussion is appreciated very much and distinguishes you from many other manufacturers! Thanks for that.

PCH-C200 + 2TB WD20EADS & Synology DS211 + 3TB WD
03-28-2011, 04:07 PM
@syabas.

I am not sure what your intentions were with your posts but I have to say you just told us 2 more firmwares and the 200 is a dead product but don't worry 110 users, we still like you.. You have no clue what your problems or bugs are but you know exactly what your competitors can't do. Why should we post problems on the forum? i've been doing that for a year with fixes and you still don't know what they are. Your beta testers go out of their way to find and report problems. daily cries for help from users who can't even try to play a video because they can't get to the videos.

Oh and your last post just told us to expect it to once again start over with the next product..
03-28-2011, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 04:16 PM by chris57.)
We all know that if it is a Sigma chip then they launch with bugs and release fixes over the course of the next 3 years. That hasn't changed is what I suppose Syabas mean.

I expect the 200 series to receive firmware updates for as long or longer than the 100 series. They are still releasing updates 3.5 years later for the A100. They'll do the same for the 200 series. All that was meant was that the Company cannot stay solely on 8643 as it needs to develop new products to stay in the game. The 8643 will receive updates still, as will NMJ etc. I think you read too much into the wording on that one.

The Beta Team bug list needs urgent attention, has done for months. There is a feeling that nothing happens unless certain people raise its profile. The List of Mantis Bugs that Willem posted needs the engineers attention and I think that is what will happen over these next two firmwares.

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
03-28-2011, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 04:22 PM by accident.)
(03-28-2011 04:16 PM)chris57 Wrote:  I expect the 200 series to receive firmware updates for as long or longer than the 100 series. They are still releasing updates 3.5 years later for the A100. They'll do the same for the 200 series.

They made a direct statement of 2 more firmwares to fix problems before the next product and they won't be fixed.

EDITED TO ADD:
Bottom of this post:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...#pid476199
03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
(03-28-2011 02:58 PM)Syabas Wrote:  If it is Gigabit, then I can only say no such luck, we have tried every patch
Sigma dishes out, basically current SMP8643 will only have limited compatibility
on Gigabit. Next iteration SMP8647 promises to fix it, but as always with Sigma,
we will have to see to believe.

If it works well, then selling it as an upgrade motherboard for the old nerved customers would be great. Angle

C-200, A-410
03-28-2011, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 04:35 PM by chris57.)
(03-28-2011 04:20 PM)accident Wrote:  
(03-28-2011 04:16 PM)chris57 Wrote:  I expect the 200 series to receive firmware updates for as long or longer than the 100 series. They are still releasing updates 3.5 years later for the A100. They'll do the same for the 200 series.

They made a direct statement of 2 more firmwares to fix problems before the next product and they won't be fixed.

EDITED TO ADD:
Bottom of this post:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...#pid476199

I dont read it that way.

Quote:I won't lie to you, but any critical fixes required needs to be identified and fixed within

Critical fixes not all fixes. Plus the point of the paragraph was to tell us that they have plans that they cannot keep on hold for future products. That will take away resources from what was referred to earlier as :

Quote:Actually we have another internal list that we worked on, which we picked from this list,
items we considered critical to fix. This go through prioritization process versus our other
development items.

So I'm expecting a lot of resource thrown at the 200 series in prioritisation to other activities, new products etc. for the next two firmwares. Resources that may be testing the 8910 or comparing the 8647 v's 8643 etc. taken away from those projects and put onto bug fixing the 200 series for next two firmwares.

CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
03-28-2011, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 04:52 PM by accident.)
Sounds like they need to clarify the 2 build statement and what they consider a critical bug.
03-28-2011, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 05:23 PM by chris57.)
(03-28-2011 04:51 PM)accident Wrote:  Sounds like they need to clarify the 2 build statement and what they consider a critical bug.

Yep thats one thing that I hope we will get from the Lists.

Split the bugs into:
1. Critical
2. Impossible on platform
3. Can't be fixed w/o Sigma
4. Fixable in 2 firmwares.

Then post the Critical ones and ask forum members to vote. The top 3 get fixed within the 2 firmwares, others in future releases, or something similar.

pureFTP is getting updated, that should fix FTP freezing.

A statement that as per the 100 series firmware updates will contniue for many months/years and where possible future platform features will be back-ported to the 200 series would alleviate some concerns. Personally I don't doubt that they will continue as its a selling point over the likes of eGreat, HDX, and others.
There would also be no point any Beta Testers posting anymore 200 series bugs if they stop after these 2 firmwares, think its just a misunderstanding through the best of intentions to give us some encouragement from the horses mouth.Big Grin

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
:) ;) :cool: :D
:P :rolleyes: :shy: :(
:lightbulb: :angry: :-/ (A)
:heart: :dodgy: :blush: :huh:
:my: :sleepy: :exclamation: :S
[get more]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FreeOTT - Now features miracast support for android screen mirroring Eric 0 865 10-08-2013 06:14 AM
Last Post: Eric