Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: User suggestions for future releases
Play media files in NMT
Subtitles support for video playing in Android
Remote control operations and integration of it with file browser/nmj
Take advantage of the android keyboard for searching files and similar operations
Access Web services password protected
Unrar feature in file browser
Remotely clear the cache on the NMT
[Show Results]

[100/200/300/400] [Android] Droided Media Tank 2.10.2 Full & Free (Upgrade 2 Apr 2014)
06-24-2011, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2011 11:58 PM by Don_Gore.)
RE: [Android] Droided Media Tank 2.1 released (Updated on 16 Jun 2011)
Hi there,

I bought the Droided Media Tank today and have a problem watching my videos. I already figuered out the problem:
The streaming Links from the file browser are wrong. There is a "/HARD_DISK" missing:

NMT:8088/stream/file=/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Videos/...

My NMT: A-110
Am I doing anything wrong, or does anybody else have that problem too?

P.S.: Browsing of the files is working great.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2011, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2011 03:36 AM by VikingBrainTeam.)
(06-24-2011 11:54 PM)Don_Gore Wrote:  Hi there,

I bought the Droided Media Tank today and have a problem watching my videos. I already figuered out the problem:
The streaming Links from the file browser are wrong. There is a "/HARD_DISK" missing:

NMT:8088/stream/file=/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Videos/...

My NMT: A-110
Am I doing anything wrong, or does anybody else have that problem too?

P.S.: Browsing of the files is working great.

Hi!
You are not doing it wrong. I apologize for this inconvenience
I think I understand what is the problem.
For your nmt model and your configuration, the default directory for FTP is "/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/" instead of "/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/". That is why ftp file browser is working fine, but the links for playing files are missing the name of your drive.

Just for being sure about this, can you tell me what you see when you just enter into the file browser from Home menu?
I think you are getting:
/Apps
/Downloads
/lost+found
/Music
/Photo
..etc

instead of:
/NETWORK_SHARE
/HARD_DISK

I apologize again for this problem. I really appreciate your collaboration

Best regards
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks for your really fast answer!

Yes, when I click on "File Browser" I don't have to choose between Network Shares or Hard Disk. I immediately get this:
/Apps
/Downloads
/lost+found
/Music
/Photo
..etc

I also use the MediatankController with this app and when I open this "Web Client" I DO have to choose between "HARD_DISK" or "Web Services" first.
06-26-2011, 04:55 PM
RE: [Android] Droided Media Tank 2.2 released (Updated on 26 Jun 2011)
DMT 2.2 released with new features and bug fixing, updated main post
Changelog 2.2:
- NMJ. Jukebox excludes from scanning
- NMJ Jukebox excludes readonly mode in free version. (Changing exclude values only in Pro version)
- Recognition of lot more file extensions. Flac files also Wink
- Show/hide menu for console
- Show/hide menu for NMJ excludes
- Case insensitive sort order
- New setting preference Drive Name. It fix the real path of a file when it opens if the ftp root folder root doesn't contain drive names
[+] 1 user says Thank You to VikingBrainTeam for this post
06-26-2011, 05:25 PM
looks ok so far, just bought it for the sake of it Tongue

kinda misses several stuff tho:
- CSI alike installer would be nice;
- Web services with a password can't be accessed, so well perhaps some method to auth;
- Some method to play stuff. (Tho I recon this comes with the webservicesWink
[+] 1 user says Thank You to djmulder for this post
06-26-2011, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2011 11:43 AM by freeradical.)
This looks like a great app!!!!, but I can't get any of my files (avi's) to play on my device.
I can browse to all my files, but when i select a file to play, it won't play. There is a brief flash of message on screen "cannot open............." (this disappears before i can fully read the rest). I wish i could read this message to give more info,but it vanishes as quickly as it appears. Console then displays "disconnected".
Have tried Mobo and RockPlayer. Does anything else need to be enabled/installed on device?? (device plays my AVI's stored on SD card)
Using PCH A210. Internal Hard Drive Installed
Thanks
06-27-2011, 01:23 AM
I presume that this app only works if you have a hard disk in the PCH and the media on that hard disk?

PCH C-200 - No HDD - No Apps >>>> 100mb Network >>>> Synology DS-411J 4Tb >>>> Pioneer VSX-818V 5.1 surround via optical >>>> Sony Bravia W series 46"
Dali Speakers
PS3 (for BlueRay) via wireless
Calm Theme > Yamj > Music Jukebox 8.2

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"
06-27-2011, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2011 08:52 PM by VikingBrainTeam.)
(06-26-2011 11:38 PM)freeradical Wrote:  This looks like a great app!!!!, but I can't get any of my files (avi's) to play on my device.
I can browse to all my files, but when i select a file to play, it won't play. There is a brief flash of message on screen "cannot open............." (this disappears before i can fully read the rest). I wish i could read this message to give more info,but it vanishes as quickly as it appears. Console then displays "disconnected".
Have tried Mobo and RockPlayer. Does anything else need to be enabled/installed on device?? (device plays my AVI's stored on SD card)
Thanks

Yeah, it's a little annoying the message "cannot open..." that no one has time to read. That message doesn't belong to the DMT application, it belongs to the player you selected for opening the file.
There is a way to see the url the message is showing:
Use a simple html file. Take this one I have uploaded test.html or make it your own:
filename: test.html
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Sample html file</h1>
</body>
</html>

You can put it on your SD card. If you open this html file DMT File Browser, it will open in the Android browser, so we could see how the url looks like.

Using a usb drive in A200 I've got this:
[Image: screenshot_root_with_usb.png]

When I open the file test.html with DMT, I can see this in the url of the internet browser:
Code:
http://MY_POPCORN_IP:8088/stream/file=/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/USB_DRIVE_B-1/test.html

I'm able to open the folder USB_DRIVE_B-1 in the DMT file browser and I can play mp3 and avi with RockPlayer without problem

Important:
RockPlayer and VPlayer have been tested succesfully for playing most of files.
MoboPlayer can not open all NMT stream files right now. Files can be succesfully opened if their absolute path don't contain any blank space.
I have mailed MoboPlayer support with this issue. I hope we can get some news soon.

For A100/110/B110 and HDX/eGreat, I have found this page in the wiki FTP Access Extended to External Drives, it applies to A100/110/B110 and HDX/eGreat. It's explained how to get access through FTP to these external devices.

(06-27-2011 01:23 AM)Gustafarian Wrote:  I presume that this app only works if you have a hard disk in the PCH and the media on that hard disk?

It has been tested with NMT apps installed in hard disk. But it should work also with NMT applications installed in USB device without an internal HDD: http://www.lundman.net/wiki/index.php/NMT:Apps because DMT file browser just find ftp service by IP address. Playing files theorically should work also in a similar way I have explained in the post just before, and the thing would be to find the full right path for playing files
06-27-2011, 11:39 PM

(06-27-2011 01:23 AM)Gustafarian Wrote:  I presume that this app only works if you have a hard disk in the PCH and the media on that hard disk?

It has been tested with NMT apps installed in hard disk. But it should work also with NMT applications installed in USB device without an internal HDD: http://www.lundman.net/wiki/index.php/NMT:Apps because DMT file browser just find ftp service by IP address. Playing files theorically should work also in a similar way I have explained in the post just before, and the thing would be to find the full right path for playing files

My PCH does not have an internal HDD, USB or external HDD. All my media is on a networked NAS - I can't see any files when I use the app. Does it work in this situation?

PCH C-200 - No HDD - No Apps >>>> 100mb Network >>>> Synology DS-411J 4Tb >>>> Pioneer VSX-818V 5.1 surround via optical >>>> Sony Bravia W series 46"
Dali Speakers
PS3 (for BlueRay) via wireless
Calm Theme > Yamj > Music Jukebox 8.2

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"
06-28-2011, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 08:37 AM by freeradical.)
(06-27-2011 08:05 PM)VikingBrainTeam Wrote:  
(06-26-2011 11:38 PM)freeradical Wrote:  This looks like a great app!!!!, but I can't get any of my files (avi's) to play on my device.
Thanks

Yeah, it's a little annoying the message "cannot open..." that no one has time to read. That message doesn't belong to the DMT application, it belongs to the player you selected for opening the file.
Use a simple html file. Take this one I have uploaded test.html

You can put it on your SD card. If you open this html file DMT File Browser, it will open in the Android browser, so we could see how the url looks like.

Thank you for your efforts and detailed reply.
When I used the test.html that you provided, the browser displayed this: http://xxx.xxx.x.x:8088/stream/file=/opt.../test.html
Still cannot playback a file unfortunately.

EDIT: VPlayer is not compatible with my device. Rockplayer is compatible, but will also not play files
06-28-2011, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 11:16 AM by VikingBrainTeam.)
(06-27-2011 11:39 PM)Gustafarian Wrote:  

My PCH does not have an internal HDD, USB or external HDD. All my media is on a networked NAS - I can't see any files when I use the app. Does it work in this situation?

So, I understand you are playing your NAS files in your PCH using the NETWORK_SHARE of your PCH, right?
Does the NAS has a FTP server?

I've not tried yet opening files stored in the NETWORK_SHARE, I will check if this works.

(06-28-2011 03:25 AM)freeradical Wrote:  
(06-27-2011 08:05 PM)VikingBrainTeam Wrote:  
Thanks

Use a simple html file. Take this one I have uploaded test.html

Thank you for your efforts and detailed reply.
When I used the test.html that you provided, the browser displayed this: http://xxx.xxx.x.x:8088/stream/file=/opt.../test.html
Still cannot playback a file unfortunately.

EDIT: VPlayer is not compatible with my device. Rockplayer is compatible, but will also not play files

Don't mind the effort, I'm sure this information is quit usefull to other users and someday I'm be able to put it together with all other information
Take a look at the post #38, can you tell me what you see when you just enter into the file browser from Home menu?

Thanks
06-28-2011, 01:33 PM
(06-28-2011 10:36 AM)VikingBrainTeam Wrote:  .... can you tell me what you see when you just enter into the file browser from Home menu?

Thanks

The file browser displays exactly as the screenshot you posted(including the console information). I select SATA_DISK, then VIDEO, which then displays all folders which contain my AVI's. No problems browsing to files.

Many thanks.
06-28-2011, 01:42 PM
VikingBrainTeam: your not thinking about making a nice remote control with the api-keys? much like listing all sources and allowing us to pick which show/movie we want to choose, plus searching in for example yamj/nmj with the phone keyboard? maybe a remote control without remote controlling all apps etc.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to kiranos for this post
06-28-2011, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 12:03 AM by VikingBrainTeam.)
(06-28-2011 01:33 PM)freeradical Wrote:  
(06-28-2011 10:36 AM)VikingBrainTeam Wrote:  .... can you tell me what you see when you just enter into the file browser from Home menu?

Thanks

The file browser displays exactly as the screenshot you posted(including the console information). I select SATA_DISK, then VIDEO, which then displays all folders which contain my AVI's. No problems browsing to files.

Many thanks.

When you opened the file test.html, the internet browser pointed to http://xxx.xxx.x.x:8088/stream/file=/opt...test.html, could you see the text ("Sample html file") when you opened the file? and you put the test.html on the sd card in the same place avi's are stored?

If you have a internal hard drive, and your avi's are on a SD card, I don't understand why you can see the avi's files in the folder SATA_DISK. That's weird, it's like the ftp server is not saying the truth about the mounted drives.
(06-28-2011 01:42 PM)kiranos Wrote:  VikingBrainTeam: your not thinking about making a nice remote control with the api-keys? much like listing all sources and allowing us to pick which show/movie we want to choose, plus searching in for example yamj/nmj with the phone keyboard? maybe a remote control without remote controlling all apps etc.

I have read the SDK Api Document for key sending. It looks great, I didn't know about this, and it seems there are more apis (awesome apis) so I will ask for info about compatibility.
I do agree with the whole paragraph you wrote, it would be really nice. But I will keep the remote controlling all apps inside DMT, I think it is their natural place.
All that, plus using the apis to reduce compatibility issues would be a really, really nice version 3.0

Tack så mycket
06-29-2011, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 05:41 AM by freeradical.)
(06-28-2011 11:29 PM)VikingBrainTeam Wrote:  When you opened the file test.html, the internet browser pointed to http://xxx.xxx.x.x:8088/stream/file=/opt...test.html, could you see the text ("Sample html file") when you opened the file? and you put the test.html on the sd card in the same place avi's are stored?

I could not see the text ("Sample html file"). Just a message saying "Web page not available".

(06-28-2011 11:29 PM)VikingBrainTeam Wrote:  If you have a internal hard drive, and your avi's are on a SD card, I don't understand why you can see the avi's files in the folder SATA_DISK. That's weird, it's like the ftp server is not saying the truth about the mounted drives.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my earlier post (#36). When i mentioned SD card, I was pointing out that I have some "AVI" files on my android device internal SD card and that these files play fine from there with Mobo.

The file browser of the app works fine and connects to my Popcorn Hour's internal SATA_DISK (as shown in your screenshots) and I can navigate to my individual files and the "Test.html" file which i placed there. As mentioned above, when i select Test.html, the browser displays "web page unavailable"

Apologies for any misunderstandings.

Thank you for your continued responses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [200/300/400] PlexNMTHelper: Fling Plex media to your NMT gfb107 87 4,412 04-12-2014 05:04 PM
Last Post: gfb107
  [200/300/400] [Android] Na Remote 4 Popcorn Hour 3.8.0 [3. Mar. 2014] Na Multimedia Support Team 134 23,748 04-09-2014 10:27 PM
Last Post: duke4you
  [400] oPKG v0.2.0 - Updated on 30th Jan 2014 - CSI vaidyasr 236 31,260 04-09-2014 09:02 PM
Last Post: Adelscott
  [200/300] Logitech Media Server (formerly SlimServer, SqueezeCenter, Squeezebox Server) v7.7.3 vaidyasr 71 21,431 04-07-2014 04:53 AM
Last Post: got_rice76
  [200/300] oPKG v0.2.0 - Updated on 30th Jan 2014 - CSI vaidyasr 505 236,755 04-03-2014 12:34 AM
Last Post: vaidyasr
  [100/200/300/400] Mediatomb - v0.12.1 - Free UPnP MediaServer - CSI vaidyasr 55 29,617 03-09-2014 02:26 AM
  [200] Link to Media Source screen yetiboy 3 501 03-08-2014 02:52 PM
Last Post: yetiboy
  [100/200/300/400] File Manager for Networked Media Tank v1.1.1 Beta - Released 25th Jan 2010 - CSI vaidyasr 502 317,117 03-03-2014 10:04 PM
Last Post: kloaknet
Brick [200] [Apps] pyLoad 0.4.3, a fast, lightweight and full featured download manager global_nmt 50 23,316 02-07-2014 10:03 AM
Last Post: psydea
  [100/200/300/400] Busybox v1.22.1 - Updated on 31st Jan 2014 - CSI vaidyasr 0 765 11-23-2013 07:05 AM