Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Why did you have to reboot your NMT?
10-22-2011, 05:51 AM
RE: Why did you have to reboot your NMT?
I have two A-210s both with lastest Firmwere (May 2011) and I find that about once every few days I have to reboot after units have been in Standby for a few hours. Usually I will start a movie and system will hang, black screen, sometime noise screen. I will rebot and try movie again and will play fine.

I also have a A-110, and have to reboot it about once a month, usually when playing an older .avi which causes it to hang.

All units are without hard disks installed. I use D-Link DNS-323 NAS box and Dlink DIR-655 Router.

Looks to me like A-210 software may have a memory leak, but I can say for sure that both A-210 units behave about the same, and need to be rebooted about 4 time more often then the A-110 (which is not so bad as can be done with the remote).
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
I have an A-210 with the latest Firmware. Today I already had to restart it twice in less than 2 hours. It usually happens every time I download something with the bittorrent client installed in the A-210 out of the box. After some time downloading it just stops responding and I have to reset it. The ip connection is set to 10/100 and it is wired to the router. It's getting worse and worse all the time these days.
10-25-2011, 02:29 AM
A210
Latest FW
FF Dvix/avi loses sound or drops back to file list. From that point all files (regardless of contai er/codec) drop back to list without playing (although they try for a few seconds).
Only recourse is to reboot,

Did also have issue with USB BD drive losing connection or presence after playing a few files. Fixed this by using external power supply to drive. Seems USB bus on A210 can't deliver enough juice for external drive.
11-02-2011, 08:12 AM
I need to restart the NMT due to Bittorrent remains on the start mode and cannot access it as on the bittorrent web access it is displayed "Torrent Service Message : Bittorrent service is not running."
11-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Have to restart my nmt as when it gives me this loud high pitch beep. There's nothing could stop it.

[Image: watched-fanart.jpg]
11-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Sorry I did not provide any further info to the requestor for a while, as I stopped using my A200 for quite some time.
It is not clearly related to reboots, just general issues with my A200 as media player. I am no linux expert, so I got annoyed to ask every time in the forum how do I .. or what to do with A200 getting frozen for 3-10 seconds after sleep ... and so on.
Also, after sitting for some 5 months turned off my A200 now powers on with a sound of small circular saw, so perhaps fan motor got shot or bearing corroded with time or whatever dust made to it occurred over time.
If this is still of any interest, I can perhaps fix my A200 motor and then re-do reset scenarios if you like.

(06-03-2011 07:50 AM)Rusakov2@Netscape.net Wrote:  Hello,
in my case
NMT type = A200
Firmware = latest I beleive, March 2011 or so
2 TB Seagate hard disk internal
No NMJ, no mouse, no keyboard, no Blu ray

I have to use reset often. The reason for that is quite simple - something in NMT gets stuck and I have no tools whatsoever to fix or stop and start it again.

Scenario 1
After reset bootloader shows black and white picture " NMT loading ..." and it never gets any further. BTW at this time I have to unplug and re-plug power to continue, remote reset does not work.

Scenario 2
Bit torrent shows [Starting...] and there are no options to stop it. It never starts even if I wait for days. Don't know what is wrong or where - no tools are provided with A200 for that. Have to reset from remote pwr, then eject buttons.

Scenario 3
An avi file was playing ok, then stopped. Then continued to play, then fast forward to , say 1/4 of the file. Movie continues to play but now no audio no matter what I tried. Have to reset from remote pwr, then eject buttons.

Scenario 4
After being left overnight in power on state in the morning A200 shows very slow response to arrows in file list, about 3-4 times slower than normal. Reset cures the problem till next overnight cycle.

There was something else.. let me think....

PS. O yeah - there is no shutdown feature. How do I turn my A200 off properly so that file system won't corrupt. I mean entirely power off properly, not just unplug the DC 12v cord from the back.

Regards
Sergey

(04-05-2011 10:55 AM)Willem53 Wrote:  I would like to get some visibility on the reasons and the volume of a forced reboot of your player.

Please post what type and if you are on the latest firmware and what you did before you rebooted and why.

a reboot is done by pressing the powerbutton on the remote until the light starts blinking on the NMT.. do not switch the power off/on on the back of the box....

always start with:
NMT type = A200/210 C200
Firmware = latest or release date
12-04-2011, 04:35 AM
A210
May 2011 Firmware

I've programmed my Harmony to shut down my A210 rather than putting it to standby to conserve power.

Lately I've had to reboot a few times when playing a HD MKV over NFS and it will just randomly lock up. Only way to fix it is a reboot.
12-09-2011, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 11:45 PM by Fornax.)
Hi All and Willem53,

Owner of my PCH-A200 for over a year but this is my 1st post on the forums. Me and the other 3 persons in our household are happy with the little machine, it's handy, can do a lot of things and is generally quite stable. Except sometimes..

NMT type = A200
Firmware = latest (27 may 2011)

1) At the end of a film (mostly .avi I think) the screen goes black, TV mentions signal lost. (PCH is not dead, Samba and Transmission still working normal) (This has been mentioned a few times)

2) When starting a previously watched film, which starts at the point it was stopped (like 98%) and pressing '0' to go to the beginning, it doesn't. Black screen and no reaction to keypresses on the remote.

3) Some Apps show the starting/buffering circle for over a minute, can't be stopped, no reaction to keypresses for over a minute after that (back/stop/eject). Solution: reboot.

4) Only last week the PCH totally died a few times (black screen, no Samba, no Transmission (2.21) (Transmission Remote). This is most likely caused by two large torrents on a private tracker consisting of over 500 seperate files each (Torrent devided in smaller *.RXX files). I don't blame this on software/firmwarebugs, this was probably caused by the rather large number of files. (In general Transmission 2.21 was totaly stable capped at 1000kB/S DL and 90kB/S UL. Just upgraded to 2.42)

Especially #1 and #2 are annoying since those are basic functions of this device I expect to work. #3 is less severe to me since they are bonus functions which I use rarely. #4 is very coincidential, so far all the transmission-clients just worked stable.

--- Edit:
5) I forgot to mention that I keep the PCH on (white led). This is an issue dating back from when I got the unit, and with it's then current firmware. If turned to sleep back then (2 or 3 firmwares ago) it would not wake up. No idea how that works right now since I didn't try.

6) Watch a film halfway, press PAUSE, and promise the 6 year old: It's paused, tomorrow we turn on the TV and continue at the same spot.
Not happening.
Samba/NetCat/Transmission_Remote work fine but the PCH displays no picture and appears to be not responding to any keypresses on the remote.
12-28-2011, 04:27 PM
(07-14-2011 09:51 AM)charly Wrote:  With last firmware I'm already 3 times got crash at starting AVI playback, resulting no video at HDMI (TV reports no signal) and front indicator not display file list after pushing stop (only displaying stop symbol). After holding power on remote and restart the same file played normally. Need to mention that audio in files is DolbyDigital and C200 is set to passtrough, files are located on DVD+RW put in internal BD drive LG CH10-LS20.

I seem to have something weird when playing a dvd on the LG CH10-LS20.

When I play stop or eject, I can't play anything another dvd unless I reboot.
01-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Latest FW. A200.

Freeze happens usually when jumping during video playback. Very often while go fast through movies (AVI). If I don't know a movie I tend to randomly jump with the number keys on the keyboard and fast forward (increase the playback speed). If I press the "increase speed" button after jumping to a point in the movie but before the playback actually starts (starts reading the file at a different location, caching etc...) it usually freezes. No AVI or MPEG playback after this, only WMVs work, but they do not have any sound after this. Need to restart my. My A200 did not do this before the latest firmware.
01-18-2012, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2012 11:28 PM by lou.)
Both my C-200 unit freeze random some movies play then second movie will freeze and I have to reboot. boxeebox same files no issues.
Movie files are mainly iso.
Lou
01-19-2012, 02:26 PM
never gets a dhcp address 1st time.

boxed up and on ebay.
06-08-2012, 08:18 AM
The new C200 firmware (23-may-2012) solved some problems that I had (including the annoying Digital audio cable volume problem). But unfortunately it introduced a new one related to "playing audio":

When I am outside the NMJ application (because I do not use the NMJ for audio), I select an audio file (e.g. mp3) I push the play button on my RCU and in most of the times (about 95%) the file starts without a problem but sometimes this happens:

I push play and it seems nothing happens, so I (or my other family members) push play again after about 3 seconds and again and again...
But, during the time nothing is happening the player is starting up it only takes sometimes an unusual long time (over 10 seconds). So in the background the PCH tries to start many player tasks. And since just one task can run at a time we get error messages like "Couldn't play" from al the other player tasks.

Sometimes this problem will disappear automatically but sometimes only an reboot solves the problem.

In previous firmware versions when playing audio outside the NMJ, the audioplayer (the one with orange characters and purple symbols) did not start automatically. But since the new firmware is active the audioplayer starts automatically when playing a audio file. I can imagine that this new behaviour is related to the problem.

No forum member any more as of 23-nov-2012
06-08-2012, 07:21 PM
(06-08-2012 08:18 AM)DeBoeselaere Wrote:  The new C200 firmware (23-may-2012) solved some problems that I had (including the annoying Digital audio cable volume problem). But unfortunately it introduced a new one related to "playing audio":

When I am outside the NMJ application (because I do not use the NMJ for audio), I select an audio file (e.g. mp3) I push the play button on my RCU and in most of the times (about 95%) the file starts without a problem but sometimes this happens:

I push play and it seems nothing happens, so I (or my other family members) push play again after about 3 seconds and again and again...
But, during the time nothing is happening the player is starting up it only takes sometimes an unusual long time (over 10 seconds). So in the background the PCH tries to start many player tasks. And since just one task can run at a time we get error messages like "Couldn't play" from al the other player tasks.

Sometimes this problem will disappear automatically but sometimes only an reboot solves the problem.

In previous firmware versions when playing audio outside the NMJ, the audioplayer (the one with orange characters and purple symbols) did not start automatically. But since the new firmware is active the audioplayer starts automatically when playing a audio file. I can imagine that this new behaviour is related to the problem.

Raise a C200 bug thread describing this, if you haven't already. While they're looking at fixing the bugs introduced by the new firmware they might be able to do something about this if they are aware of it.

Thoughts on Syabas support? Share them here
06-14-2012, 07:47 AM
C200 w/ MN-200 Wireless-N card. No HDD/DVD/BluRay/USB use. All samba shares.
I haven't updated firmware for about a year I think because none has been available. Currently dealing with a dead PSU so I can't check right now.

1) I have to reboot the C200 everytime I reboot my Linux server that is the DHCP server. The C200 is unable to resolve hostnames because it has not/(does not appear to) renew it's DHCP lease once it's lost connectivity to the server.

2) I also tried rebooting when I couldn't see video on a movie although audio worked. Rebooting didn't help.
Code:
Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High 10@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 4 frames
Muxing mode                              : Header stripping
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                                 : 2h 6mn
Bit rate                                 : 10.6 Mbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 816 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 2.35:1
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.281
Stream size                              : 9.37 GiB (85%)
Writing library                          : x264 core
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

3) Sometimes the GUI is sluggish, so I reboot and the it helps speed up navigation. I usually notice it takes longer to hold the remote eject button down when the GUI is sluggish.

4) I rebooted when it would not play files made available through XBMC, specifically .mkv files. It did not help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad [Bug] C-200 Samba share(needing a reboot for sharing sataHDD when use USB flashdisk 4 apps) Anders 6 4,693 07-26-2013 01:41 PM
Last Post: Anders
  [Bug] After update C200 will not auto load after reboot JamesTF 13 3,074 07-07-2012 02:19 PM
Last Post: JamesTF
  [Bug] C-200 Stops playing. Must reboot to fix SNCS Computers 6 2,329 04-09-2012 09:41 AM
Last Post: agfx
  [Bug] UPNP Causes A-210 to reboot stooie29 0 960 11-30-2011 09:52 AM
Last Post: stooie29
  [Bug] C-200 constantly hanging (needing a forced reboot) - caused by Transmission? daztop 5 2,039 09-19-2011 10:03 PM
Last Post: daztop
  [Bug] [BUG] 1080P Subs in MKV cause A200 to lock up and reboot voip-ninja 13 5,354 06-03-2011 11:55 PM
Last Post: chris57
  [Bug] A200: BluRay playback cause reboot nlrela 2 1,106 01-18-2011 11:45 PM
Last Post: lucasas