Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Iphone and PCH
04-25-2011, 01:37 AM
Iphone and PCH
I have the PCH app for my phone and sometimes use it although the search feature doesn't seem too great.

But lets say I've downloaded something directly to my HDD in the PCH. I can obviously view this from my PC but is there a way to view the HDD in the PCH from my Iphone only? A way to view my network from the phone?

I have the logmein app and netawake, so i can actually wake up my pc and remote control it from the phone, effectively allowing me to see the network that way, but is there no way just view it directly from the phone?

I might, for example, just want to move a downloaded file from the download folder to the video folder.

Is it possible?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2011, 12:27 PM
RE: Iphone and PCH
nope?
04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
(04-26-2011 12:27 PM)mrjaffa Wrote:  nope?

I was evaluating to buy this app, except for the feature you're asking, how do you find the app?
Usable? Buggy?

I would like just to have the possibility to surf my internat HD movies and play it....
04-26-2011, 04:28 PM
(04-26-2011 02:51 PM)Benna Wrote:  
(04-26-2011 12:27 PM)mrjaffa Wrote:  nope?

I was evaluating to buy this app, except for the feature you're asking, how do you find the app?
Usable? Buggy?

I would like just to have the possibility to surf my internat HD movies and play it....

The app I have is the PCH NZB app, simply for uploading NZB files to download. That's all. Think you may be looking at a different app, if so, which one?

This app could be much better as the search feature is not always great, doesn't find files that I know are there. I do like to use it just to pause and resume downloading and just check on downloading files.
04-28-2011, 12:43 AM
(04-25-2011 01:37 AM)mrjaffa Wrote:  I have the PCH app for my phone and sometimes use it although the search feature doesn't seem too great.

But lets say I've downloaded something directly to my HDD in the PCH. I can obviously view this from my PC but is there a way to view the HDD in the PCH from my Iphone only? A way to view my network from the phone?

I have the logmein app and netawake, so i can actually wake up my pc and remote control it from the phone, effectively allowing me to see the network that way, but is there no way just view it directly from the phone?

I might, for example, just want to move a downloaded file from the download folder to the video folder.

Is it possible?

You would need to be connected to your network over Wifi.
Then you need software that gives it SAMBA access.
I don't know if there is such software on the Appstore, but search for SAMBA.
For jailbreaked iphones google found lots, so use google and search for "iPhone SAMBA" and read.
04-29-2011, 02:27 PM
(04-28-2011 12:43 AM)Pain Wrote:  
(04-25-2011 01:37 AM)mrjaffa Wrote:  I have the PCH app for my phone and sometimes use it although the search feature doesn't seem too great.

Is it possible?

You would need to be connected to your network over Wifi.
Then you need software that gives it SAMBA access.
I don't know if there is such software on the Appstore, but search for SAMBA.
For jailbreaked iphones google found lots, so use google and search for "iPhone SAMBA" and read.

EZshare from the App store seems to do the trick!
04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
BuzzPlayer works for me, UI is straightforward enough and you can stream or download the file over WiFi to watch later. Good file format support too.

try it.
04-29-2011, 03:49 PM
(04-29-2011 03:46 PM)simonmullan Wrote:  BuzzPlayer works for me, UI is straightforward enough and you can stream or download the file over WiFi to watch later. Good file format support too.

try it.

Looks good, will try. Thanks.

Is it mainly a multimedia player though? Wanted it more to be able to actually copy and paste files over the network.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  WHS and iphone/ipad app air video Gunserotti 1 2,296 09-24-2010 02:48 AM
Last Post: lewis26
  How to control MSP Apps through Browser or Iphone? currymuetze 0 979 02-02-2010 03:05 PM
Last Post: currymuetze