Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Getting "request cannot be processed" when trying to run YAMJ plugin on myiHome
05-02-2011, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 07:23 AM by AFBear.)
Getting "request cannot be processed" when trying to run YAMJ plugin on myiHome
I have a C-200 with the latest firmware and installed the latest myiHome with the latest YAMJ and mediainfo. My movie files appeared to have been scanned in OK but when I click on the YAMJ plugin icon on my PCH I get the subject error message. I have no problems watching my movies directly through myiHome but would like the YAMJ + mediainfo advantages. Been searching and reading for days, anyone have any ideas???
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2011, 11:25 PM
RE: Getting "request cannot be processed" when trying to run YAMJ plugin on myiHome
I'm having the same issue on an A-100.

Using latest version of YAMJ and mediaInfo. Running iHome as administrator.

My iHome seems to be regenerating and reading my movie files ok. It's a single folder on my desktop. IMDB film data listed in Yamj seems fine as well.

Plugin Icon is showing up on PCH. Only problem is when I click on it I'm getting the same "request cannot be processed" message.

I've tried rolling back to earlier versions of Jukebox, but hasn't made any difference.

Yes, I can use Yamj without iHome, but I'd like to getting it working with it if I can as it's easier for my family to use.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
08-21-2011, 04:45 PM
RE: Getting "request cannot be processed" when trying to run YAMJ plugin on myiHome
(07-03-2011 11:25 PM)Darkbill Wrote:  I'm having the same issue on an A-100.

My iHome seems to be regenerating and reading my movie files ok. It's a single folder on my desktop. IMDB film data listed in Yamj seems fine as well.

Plugin Icon is showing up on PCH. Only problem is when I click on it I'm getting the same "request cannot be processed" message.

I've tried rolling back to earlier versions of Jukebox, but hasn't made any difference.

Yes, I can use Yamj without iHome, but I'd like to getting it working with it if I can as it's easier for my family to use.

Im still searching for a way to get YAMJ working as plugin in Myihome. Everytime i try this with the guides on internet i get the request cannot be processed when i click on the 4th icon in myihome..
Can anyone help me out with this please?
02-20-2012, 02:26 AM
(07-03-2011 11:25 PM)Darkbill Wrote:  I'm having the same issue on an A-100.

I have done the same thing and it just doesn't work.
03-22-2012, 10:24 AM
I've been having exactly the same issue, having done a bit of digging I found that the index.htm file generated might be the issue.

Having looked inside it it only contains enough HTML to launch the style sheet and then apply it to a second html file, but the link to that html file is empty (well its set to ".html").

I'm going to post in the main YAMJ thread and see if anyone can send an example index.html file so I can see what it should look like.

I suspect this maybe something to do with the latest version of YAMJ having filters for genre, etc. which aren't set up by myihome integration properly or it might be that the default skins are ancient!

I'll report back if I get a fix...
03-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Okay good people we have a fix :-)

**** Skip this bit if you're only interested in the fix ****
Basically its a broken link in the index.htm file that the myihome skin launches from the PCH when you select the "plugin" icon.

This is caused by the the fact that myihome doesn't specify a properties file for YAMJ when it runs it, so YAMJ uses the default, which it copies at runtime from a directory in its install path (so there is no point editing the exitsing properties file, it will get overwritten) and that file looks for two files called categories.xml and genres.xml ... which don't exist :-) This means it doesn't know what to link the index.htm redirector to so when you select the plugin icon it gets a dead link.

*** How to fix ***
Under the myihome install locate the mediajukebox directory, in there you'll find two files categories-default.xml and genres-default.xml copy, create copies of these two files in the in the same directory and rename them genres.xml and categories.xml.

Now open myihome GUI, go to plugin's and click the regenerate button, wait for a it to finish and then try the plugin icon again from your PCH and after a short wait you should see YAMJ in all its graphical goodness.

Now if you are more diligent than me in naming your video files correctly you should have a nicely populated GUI - if you don't YAYMan looks to be a good option for cleaning up entries.

I just need to test the the "watch" option is working now...
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Jstenuff2bdngrs for this post
04-01-2012, 09:48 PM
(03-23-2012 10:07 AM)Jstenuff2bdngrs Wrote:  Okay good people we have a fix :-)

**** Skip this bit if you're only interested in the fix ****
Basically its a broken link in the index.htm file that the myihome skin launches from the PCH when you select the "plugin" icon.

This is caused by the the fact that myihome doesn't specify a properties file for YAMJ when it runs it, so YAMJ uses the default, which it copies at runtime from a directory in its install path (so there is no point editing the exitsing properties file, it will get overwritten) and that file looks for two files called categories.xml and genres.xml ... which don't exist :-) This means it doesn't know what to link the index.htm redirector to so when you select the plugin icon it gets a dead link.

*** How to fix ***
Under the myihome install locate the mediajukebox directory, in there you'll find two files categories-default.xml and genres-default.xml copy, create copies of these two files in the in the same directory and rename them genres.xml and categories.xml.

Now open myihome GUI, go to plugin's and click the regenerate button, wait for a it to finish and then try the plugin icon again from your PCH and after a short wait you should see YAMJ in all its graphical goodness.

Now if you are more diligent than me in naming your video files correctly you should have a nicely populated GUI - if you don't YAYMan looks to be a good option for cleaning up entries.

I just need to test the the "watch" option is working now...

Thanks, I was banging my head trying to know what went wrong.. you nailed the problem and I have everything running smoothly now.
thank you!

-= yoo! =-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A300 myihome point zero 3 232 04-07-2014 09:04 PM
Last Post: chris57
  MYIHOME JAVA NETWORK Drugsprofessor 8 1,130 01-16-2014 11:53 AM
Last Post: Drugsprofessor
Bell myihome ---> windows7 x64 issue (quick fix) Costas 6 5,904 11-04-2013 10:57 AM
Last Post: shohokus
  Myihome on a A-400 Paheve 3 2,698 08-09-2013 12:32 AM
  When loading myIhome the UI get Stuck (win 7 32 bit) tomcat383 10 5,954 06-01-2013 09:36 AM
Last Post: ofersin
  Myihome phboersm 0 2,387 02-08-2013 11:33 AM
Last Post: phboersm
  can not download myihome Ken74 5 2,292 12-07-2012 02:39 AM
Last Post: dev
  myiHome start/stop script krasny13 3 3,612 10-31-2012 10:05 PM
Last Post: Gwindor
  myiHome is not working Mountain Lion NilsBasel 6 2,710 10-18-2012 07:59 PM
Last Post: NilsBasel
  myIhome and C-300 bobytt 1 1,760 10-08-2012 03:15 PM